Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Comments on: Official "Deathly Hallows" Prediction Thread

Old June 23rd, 2007, 5:58 pm
Mad Hatter

Re: Comments on: Official "Deathly Hallows" Prediction Thread

Yes you may edit up until closure only

Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2007, 6:20 pm
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonks2005 View Post
As far as exactness and general, I believe that the one who has it exactly correct will get the points.
A scale also could be used. People who are generally right should be penalized less than those who are completely wrong!

However, I leave that to you: I've done my share of grading in this life (and, hopefully, never again will I have to do it! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonks2005 View Post
Yes you may edit up until closure only
[voice=whiney sophomore]waah! he copied off of me! I deserve more points!!![/voice]

If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there. - A. P. Chekhov, Gurlyand's Reminiscences, and who knew why the Dog was long before the Shack!
Old June 23rd, 2007, 10:16 pm
Zonko's Employee

Hey, I only want to guess one answer. That alright or do I have to do all...50 or whatever.

Old June 23rd, 2007, 10:21 pm
MODLY CREW

opening post of the prediction threadYou are not required to answer every single question. Answer as many or as few as you would like.

So, no, feel free to answer only one question.

Old June 24th, 2007, 12:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I've updated the first post in the prediction thread in regards to #41. We've decided that anything listed in #41 will be counted as extra credit. Anything that is wrong will not count against you. However (and I just added this), this question is only for things NOT already addressed in the previous questions.

Old June 24th, 2007, 1:12 am
Second Year

Ohhh! Does that mean we can post unlimited theories in #41? Also, can we post predictions such as the way the story will open or other literary elements? You know, such as "The book will not end in a cliffhanger". Ok, one more. If we post something so obvious in #41, such as "The book will be based on Harry Potter", will that question not count? That way people can't just post obvious facts and get points. Alright, I'm done questioning you guys for now. This is such a good idea though. I wish I was around when you did the others!

Uhh, by the way. I can't see Katze's new rule on the thread. On the bottom, it said that it was last edited by Jessica around 1:00 AM American East Cost time (EST I think is the official name for my time zone).

Last edited by muggle_born1; June 24th, 2007 at 1:17 am.
Old June 24th, 2007, 2:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle_born1 View Post
Ohhh! Does that mean we can post unlimited theories in #41? Also, can we post predictions such as the way the story will open or other literary elements? You know, such as "The book will not end in a cliffhanger". Ok, one more. If we post something so obvious in #41, such as "The book will be based on Harry Potter", will that question not count? That way people can't just post obvious facts and get points. Alright, I'm done questioning you guys for now. This is such a good idea though. I wish I was around when you did the others!

Uhh, by the way. I can't see Katze's new rule on the thread. On the bottom, it said that it was last edited by Jessica around 1:00 AM American East Cost time (EST I think is the official name for my time zone).
I'm not sure why it didn't stick the first time (I think my browser timed out), but it's there now. I also edited to include your examples.

Old June 24th, 2007, 2:38 am
Second Year

Thanks for answering my questions Katze! Gotta catch those akward questions beforehand, so that there will be minimal problems aferward! Ok, now I gotta update my predictions. Thanks!

Old June 24th, 2007, 6:28 am
Hogwarts Graduate

So if i for instance put in #41: "I don't think ____________ theory will be happen", would i get points?

Old June 24th, 2007, 10:39 am
Fifth Year

Look, I must warn you but with computers I am the original Dummy! How do I edit my answers? Don't forget, you're takling to a 'caveman' here!

Old June 24th, 2007, 10:42 am
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright1771 View Post
Look, I must warn you but with computers I am the original Dummy! How do I edit my answers? Don't forget, you're takling to a 'caveman' here!
Click in the right corner at the bottom of your post.

Old June 25th, 2007, 12:31 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell
So if i for instance put in #41: "I don't think ____________ theory will be happen", would i get points?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze
#41 is purely extra credit. All correct answers will receive points, but nothing will count against you. However, this question is only for things not already addressed in the questions. Generic and obvious answers (like "there will be no cliffhanger" and "The book will be based on Harry Potter") will not be counted. Try to be precise and to the point with your answers
Katze didn't say that you couldn't. But with so many theories, that could add up to a lot of points. I would guess that it would depend on the theory. Saying that Harry and Hermione would not get together would be ok, I would guess. Just as long as it is not too wild, such as "Dumbledore will not jinx Sirius to do his laundry." But I think that Katze already answered this question in a way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze
Judges reserve the right to disqualify any participant they feel is abusing or taking advantage of the rules.
So, I would guess that it depends on the theory. But, we should wait for an official answer.

Old June 25th, 2007, 1:18 am
Mad Hatter

Quote:
Katze didn't say that you couldn't. But with so many theories, that could add up to a lot of points. I would guess that it would depend on the theory. Saying that Harry and Hermione would not get together would be ok, I would guess. Just as long as it is not too wild, such as "Dumbledore will not jinx Sirius to do his laundry." But I think that Katze already answered this question in a way. So, I would guess that it depends on the theory. But, we should wait for an official answer.
Official Answer: Yes, you want to make it about something you believe will happen like, Lupin will turn out to be a traitor (don't believe this of course) or the final scene will occur in the MoM. Something relative and concrete.

Old June 25th, 2007, 1:24 am
Second Year

But what about debunking theories? Can we do that, or should we only focus on what we think. I know that doesn't make much sense, not for me at least, so here is an example: Instead of saying that Harry will not marry Hermione, we should say Harry will marry Ginny?
So, do not use not in it?

And of course Lupin is a traitor!

Sorry for being so picky!

Old June 25th, 2007, 1:26 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
But what about debunking theories?
The prediction thread is for predicting what we think will happen, not to debunk theories.

Last edited by kingwidgit; June 25th, 2007 at 1:29 am.
Old June 25th, 2007, 1:37 am
Second Year

Ok, thanks. So, now we can put Rell's question to rest. RIP.

Old June 25th, 2007, 1:54 am
Master Seer

guys, I'm really impressed how much work you're going to put into this. Thank you so much already!

Old June 26th, 2007, 10:40 am
Fifth Year

Madron,
Thanks mate....!

Old June 28th, 2007, 4:00 am
Student

I have a question about #17. Are you asking where Draco is hiding now or where Snape is hiding now? (Since they are both on the run) Thanks

Old June 28th, 2007, 4:21 am
Mad Hatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugglemom22 View Post
I have a question about #17. Are you asking where Draco is hiding now or where Snape is hiding now? (Since they are both on the run) Thanks
17. Where did Snape take Draco at the end of HBP? Where is he hiding now?

This question asks two things: 1. Where did Snape take Draco? 2. Where did Snape go after to hide?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies