Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand

The Next Dark Lord

Old August 7th, 2011, 2:11 am
First Year

Re: The Next Dark Lord

I don't think there will be another Dark Lord because the series already finished.!!

Old August 7th, 2011, 2:40 am
Sixth Year

I think the next big evil will be a house elf gone bad. Someone who noticed what Dobby did, and realize that their magic is possibly beyond what a wizard can do...they will rise up and make a power push.

:: POTTERMORE INFO ::
NAME: CloakWing
HOUSE: Gryffindor
WAND: Cypress, 13 3/4 in., Phoenix Feather Core, Surprisingly Swishy
Old August 7th, 2011, 3:06 am
First Year

Harry's great-great-grandson.

Old August 7th, 2011, 3:32 am
First Year

Dumbledore pulling a Gandalf on everybody and proceding to take over the known Wizarding World...

Pottermore username: HowlStrike32
Old August 7th, 2011, 4:19 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeandjo View Post
Dumbledore pulling a Gandalf on everybody and proceding to take over the known Wizarding World...
Now that would be something. I'd like to see Jo write about that!

YewSpirit36 is waiting for Pottermore
Old August 7th, 2011, 1:40 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewoman View Post
Albus Severus was worried about being sorted into Slytherin because his big brother, who'd already been at Hogwarts for a year, was teasing him about it. It doesn't mean he had Slytherin leanings, and as Harry--who named him "Albus Severus" tells him, it's okay if he does.

Asps are often understood as sources of great wisdom. If his initials mean anything, that's probably it.

birdi86, you're quoting Galadriel from Tolkien's Fellowship of the Ring.
That's what I think aswell, James already knew about Hogwarts, maybe he was just joking/exaggerating.
I don't really think there will be another dark lord so soon, or at least while Harry is alive, there will be dark mages for sure, but they will be sent to Azkaban and punished, and it will be a long time since another dark wizard tries something like Voldemort did.

Old August 7th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Second Year

It'd be interesting if the next "Dark Lord" I'd like to see have a more unique ability (aside from being able to speak to serpents). A truly dark "unholy" power which is considered forbidden power (not spells) would really be an interesting antagonist!

Banner by: Dark_Disciple
Old August 8th, 2011, 8:25 am
Second Year

The next Dark Lord will have the initials A.S.P

Old August 8th, 2011, 1:15 pm
Second Year

I kind of hope the next dark lord comes from outside of Hogwarts and England for that matter (not so much a copy of Voldemort). I have one for my fanfic (which is coming along slowly) that I like, but the idea of maybe a powerful voodoo priest(ess) from the islands, or dark ancient Egyptian magic! something where the threat was real but different!

Banner by: Dark_Disciple
Old August 9th, 2011, 8:20 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID824 View Post
I think the next big evil will be a house elf gone bad. Someone who noticed what Dobby did, and realize that their magic is possibly beyond what a wizard can do...they will rise up and make a power push.
Someone make a fanfic of this immediately!

It seems that the Wizarding world is less globalized than the Muggle world in that evil forces seem to be localized around one particular geographic region. That being said, I can't imagine another Dark Lord anywhere near the UK for the foreseeable future.

Old August 9th, 2011, 8:44 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Disciple View Post
I kind of hope the next dark lord comes from outside of Hogwarts and England for that matter (not so much a copy of Voldemort). I have one for my fanfic (which is coming along slowly) that I like, but the idea of maybe a powerful voodoo priest(ess) from the islands, or dark ancient Egyptian magic! something where the threat was real but different!
I like the idea of a powerful Egyptian, dark wizard. I've always felt the idea of a dark wizard from an area known for a powerful society of the past, instead of the present, would be intriguing. Egypt of course being included, I've always thought about a community in southern Asia, India for instance, or a nemesis popping up out of western Africa. Then it could be tied in to remarkable areas in around the world that seem to have been impossible to build by early humans. (ie. Gobekli Tempe in Turkey, The Pyramids of Egypt, Sacsayhuaman in Peru)

Old August 10th, 2011, 1:43 am
First Year

It seems to me as though there will be a few minor-annoyance evil wizards for a while. Death Eaters trying to avenge Voldemort, Umbridge, power-hungry wizards seeing a chance to attack while the wizarding world is recovering from Voldemort's reign of terror. However, I don't see any wizards mentioned in the books that seem capable of the evil and destruction Voldemort was capable of. Undeniably there will be another Dark Lord, but I don't see it being anyone we've met previously in the books.

Old August 10th, 2011, 7:17 pm
First Year

You all have such great ideas! I guess only time will tell who will rise next.
In the 1st few comments, someone mentioned Harry's boy and the initials being ASP which of course is a snake and that was rather convincing, but then I thought 'he's such a cute little boy though, I'd hate for him to become the next DL only to be killed'.
Knowing our luck we are all wrong and JK may surprise us with someone we would have never imagined.
Only time will tell...but till then, these guesses are great!

Old August 10th, 2011, 9:18 pm
Fourth Year

I don't think there will be a dark lord any time soon, but wannabe dark lords? I'm sure there was probably a few of those after Voldemort. I always kind of picture the new dark lord being someone who is well connected with everyone where people would never expect his dark lordness.

Or wait, what about a girl being the next dark lord?

Gryffindor on Pottermore & CoS.
Wand: 12 1/2 in, Apple, Dragon, Pliant
Old August 23rd, 2011, 2:19 pm
First Year

If Harry Potter has taught us anything it's that Voldemort wasn't the first bad guy to hit the world, there was always conflict of some kind.

Personally, I'd like the threat not to come from a single Wizard looking to take over the world. It would be much more interesting if we got to witness something like a goblin rebellion or vampire uprising, basically a threat coming from a dark species who want to rule the magical world.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 6:19 pm
Second Year

Well, seeing as evil is prevalent in pretty much every era that has passed, I would assume that there would be another person that either shared the same views Voldemort did or shared views that were similar. I would want it to be someone no one would expect kind of like when Voldemort was at school. He was perfect in every subject as school and won several awards for service at Hogwarts but he had a dark passion for immortality. I think someone with some creepy under layer and a perfectly normal appearance would be ideal.

©GryffnSoldier
| USE KNOWLEDGE FOR POWER |
PROUD SLYTHERCLAW

HereThere
Old August 23rd, 2011, 7:09 pm
First Year

Hmmm, the next dark lord...I think that is impossible, one single person to gain so much powers without the hallows. Maybe the next conflict will be between the pure wizards and mud-bloods. That is the conflict who doesn't end in the books and the problem still continues...

Old August 23rd, 2011, 7:45 pm
First Year

I don't think there was an indication in DH that a dark lord would rise after Voldemort. Sure his supports were just as evil but were they just as clever? I'm sure that they went into hiding after Voldemort fell.

Obviously, like LupinsHowl789 said, there are always going to be evil people. Will one rise to power like Voldemort did? we don't know. I didn't seen any signs or indication that there would be one.

"By Gryffindor, the bravest were prized far beyond the rest."

"Of course is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
Old August 23rd, 2011, 8:04 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterLord View Post
Hmmm, the next dark lord...I think that is impossible, one single person to gain so much powers without the hallows. Maybe the next conflict will be between the pure wizards and mud-bloods. That is the conflict who doesn't end in the books and the problem still continues...
But, Voldemort never had all of the Hallows, and he was powerful enough to be the enormous evil threat that he was. The Hallows had no influence on his power. (Besides his demise, of course...)

I think that it is very possible that there will be another Dark Lord. I mean, look at the muggle world. As soon as we get rid of one powerful dictator or tyrant, another springs up to take their place. I don't think we will ever be fully rid of evil.

It would be interesting to see the Wizarding World experience a different kind of trauma, though. What about a natural disaster, or an economic crisis? It would be interesting to see how magic changes the way the Wizarding community is affected by those things.

Old August 28th, 2011, 3:25 am
Registered Animagus

There will be another dark lord.
It might even happen in Harry's lifetime.
Wizards have an awful lot of power. People can't resist abusing power.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand