Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

IF your favorite character died, how would you react?

Old July 1st, 2007, 10:48 pm
Seventh Year

Re: IF your favorite character died, how would you react?

harry- i will bawl my eyes out and flood the world. lets just hope he makes it.
otherwise, my other fav character is already dea. *sniffs* dd.......ii was too shocked to cry then. i was just like what????....anyways.........

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2007, 10:50 pm
Kingsley's Biggest Fan

If Harry dies I will also probably die. Ditto with Percy and Arthur Weasley. Don't touch them, Jo!

Part of the Care Bear gang!
Old July 1st, 2007, 10:51 pm
Third Year

If Harry, Lupin, Ron, Draco, Neville, or Snape dies, I'll cry for days. I'm not even kidding.
Most likely, I'll go into mourning if Harry dies. He's definitely one of my favorites, and I'm just not ready to see him go...

Old July 1st, 2007, 11:01 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Snape and Lupin are two of my favorite characters. I'd be sad if either one of them died and rather disappionted if Snape were to kick the bucket.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:16 pm
Fourth Year

I actually won't be happy for that..I'll be so sad cause Jo had killed fav characters and I don't want that to happen again but I know that Jo will do it

Old July 1st, 2007, 11:26 pm
Third Year

If Snape dies evil I will pitch the book across the room and never look at it again. That's the same thing I did with my Dark Angel tie in book when Max and Alec didn't get together in the end.

DO YOU JUST LOVE LUPIN AND TONKS?
DO YOU THINK THAT THEY WILL BREAK UP?
ARE YOU A SNAPE FAN?

IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO THESE QUESTIONS, CHANCES ARE YOU WILL LOVE MY FAN FICTION CALLED THE BOARDING HOUSE.

READ IT HERE.
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:47 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonmili View Post
If Snape dies evil I will pitch the book across the room and never look at it again. That's the same thing I did with my Dark Angel tie in book when Max and Alec didn't get together in the end.
that is a bit amusing... I can just see someone throwing a book across a room cos it wasn't happy... I may just do that!!! But I wouldn't want to bend the spine or the cover or anything...

Old July 1st, 2007, 11:50 pm
Fourth Year

Ron and Hermione, if they die, my jaw will drop, I'll say "IT CAN'T BE...!" and I'll chuck my book across the room.

Harry, if he dies thats better than if Ron and Hermione die, but I still don't want him to go either.

Remus...Oh I'd cry. Or cry inside.

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:10 am
First Year

Hermione is my favorite character and if she died I would be devastated...she is just too smart...it would be a waste.

My other favorite characters are Neville and Lupin. I couldn't imagine if Neville died...he is so innocent, and Lupin is such a tragic character that he needs some happiness. Both of those deaths would grieve me to no end.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:15 am
First Year

If Ginny died, I would cry for a looong time. It's not that Ginny is my favourite, Harry is, and I think if Harry lost Ginny it would be much too sad. If Harry died, I would cry too. If Snape, one of my other favourite characters, sacrificed himself for Harry ('Mugglenet.com's What Will Happen In Harry Potter 7' pointed out this idea to me and I love it.) I would cry the most because he seems to have been through so much and deserves a happy ending :P

If nobody's everybody then someone can be anybody!

The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.
-Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, PS
Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:32 am
Master Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred_Memories View Post
For a Death Eater, she has quite a big fan base.
So have Lucius and Snape

Since the question is 'what if your favourite character dies?' I can lean back and say that I'm resigned to Snape's death. I'm going to sigh very deeply, and go on with my life.

Lucius - no way he survives, and I don't believe I'd shed a tear for him, even though I enjoyed reading about him tremendously.

As for Bella... I have a pet theory about her not dying, but finally realising that she's served and revered a man she'd have despised had she known about his true identity, that realisation will snap her last bit of sanity and she'll go back to Azkaban, in the same sad condition as the Longbottoms, and rot away there for the rest of her miserable living days.
If she kicks the bucket though - well, I love her, but I can live with that.

If Lupin dies, however - and he's not even my absolute favourite, just among the top five - I'd be terribly shocked, and grieved, and possibly allow myself a glass of wine to regain some strength.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:56 am
Lycanthrope

Anyone can die except Harry for my part. My favorite character she created is Lupin, but I want him to die along with Peter and be re-united in the afterworld with his friends and the Marauders can be on the prowl again. (I'll actually be a bit sad if either Peter or Lupin live, but that is just me and I already know I am weird)

However, I am so not into hero deaths. That has been done so many times in fantasy books (I've read trillions of them and likely all the series) it is old and tired.

I would like to see him happy and surviving in the wizard world where he has so much to experience as a *happy, worry free* wizard.

However, if he dies, he would be going to the wizard after life and since that is a nice place as well, it would be alright. I would just sigh and file the book away with the rest, chalking it up as YET another series with the same old boring ending.

JKR seems more original than that though, so we'll see.

Last edited by wickedwickedboy; July 2nd, 2007 at 12:59 am.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 1:07 am
Second Year

I think I speak for everyone If I say I would at least be sad...

Old July 2nd, 2007, 1:08 am
First Year

I think the deaths which would most upset me would be Lupin (or Tonks, because just let the poor guy have a happy ever after, please). That one would get me more than any other and would probably result in a pretty big tantrum and loads of heart burning

Next would be Ginny (she is my favourite character), or the twins. Any of those makes my heart sore just to think of

Harry - now, I don't think he's going to, but it wouldn't upset me too much if he did. I would just feel "well, he's killed VM , and he's with his parents, DD and Sirius now" and be able to let it go. Which probably sounds a bit odd, because I do love him.

I think, in a way, it would be more upsetting for Harry to have to live and lose Ron or Ginny in particular. My money's always been on Ron dying, and I would definately cry my little eyes out over that one.

Of the other characters, the ones I really want to see live are McGonagall, Snape, Luna and as many Weasleys as possible!

Of the 2 biggies so far, Sirius's death is the one that made me cry, because he was a favourite too, and it was just so raw for Harry. However, I never felt upset about DD - that felt "right" in a funny way, like it had to happen.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 1:12 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellana View Post
I think the deaths which would most upset me would be Lupin (or Tonks, because just let the poor guy have a happy ever after, please). That one would get me more than any other and would probably result in a pretty big tantrum and loads of heart burning
I know what you mean. Authors get to write characters however they want and then decide to kill them off or not. One thing I absolutely HATE in books is when an author writes a character who is always the underdog, always lonely, always sad, and never gets their moment of glory their entire life (through no fault of their own, they're a wonderful person)and then they die. It literally makes me angry when it's like, "Okay, his life totally sucked, and then he died?!..." And I definitely see Lupin as that type of character. Authors just kind of owe some characters a semi-decent ending.

Last edited by oneinhufflepuff; July 2nd, 2007 at 1:16 am.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 1:25 am
Master Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneinhufflepuff View Post
when an author writes a character who is always the underdog, always lonely, always sad, and never gets their moment of glory their entire life (through no fault of their own, they're a wonderful person)and then they die. It literally makes me angry when it's like, "Okay, his life totally sucked, and then he died?!..."
You know, I felt like that with Frank Bryce. His death was the only one in the series that made me swallow hard. Wounded in the war, libelled and despised for murders he hadn't committed, and dying without anyone taking much care. The others had a life, friends, people loving them and crying for them. Frank Bryce had nothing.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 1:36 am
Second Year

It think a lot of people should die in the end.
First it would be really sad, but that's what makes a good book.
Also, it is war and in war good people die.

With that I don't mean the main characters like Harry, Ron and Hermoine, but McGonnagal for example, so Harry becomes head of Hogwarts., and Rufus Scrimgeouer, so Ron can become minister for magic.
And Hagrid maby, to really make it sad.
Something in that direction. Any thoughts about that?

Old July 2nd, 2007, 1:55 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur du mal View Post
You know, I felt like that with Frank Bryce. His death was the only one in the series that made me swallow hard. Wounded in the war, libelled and despised for murders he hadn't committed, and dying without anyone taking much care. The others had a life, friends, people loving them and crying for them. Frank Bryce had nothing.

So true! Of course we don't know much about his early backstory, but back when GoF was new I remember responding much more emotionally to this death...waaay more than Sirius dying later (sorry Sirius fans!) It was so harsh...actually GoF had a lot of that, Cedric's death was really harsh too although Cedric had a good life I guess. Frank Bryce definitely was a sad death.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 2:35 am
Banned

I fully expect my favorite character, Luna Lovegood, to die. When I figured out why it felt as if she had died. Bluntly, I was stunned, and I cried a bit. I think I'll do the same if and when it happens in DH's. I'll also cry if practically anyone dies, but not as much.

All the Best,

Lunatic

Old July 2nd, 2007, 2:42 am
First Year

I don't have one favorite, I have many... so I am fully expecting that one, and probably more, of my favorites are going to die.
I'm know I'll be dissapointed about it and really upset, however it also depends on how the character dies.

For example, if she kills off Fred and George, I would hope they die in a totally B.A. way. Like in the fashion of how they left Hogwarts and socked it to Umbridge. I'd still be sad, but it wouldn't be as painful to see them go if they took a few dozen death eaters with them.

Gryffindor Girl

I Solemnly Swear That I am Up to No Good

Crookshanks secretly fancies Mrs. Norris... Meow!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies