Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

IF your favorite character died, how would you react?

Old July 2nd, 2007, 1:51 am
First Year

Re: IF your favorite character died, how would you react?

I actually told my parents that if Harry died I would need therapy.

I guess I would be really bummed out... especially if it was one of the trio/Snape/Draco.

Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2007, 2:00 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
I fully expect my favorite character, Luna Lovegood, to die. When I figured out why it felt as if she had died. Bluntly, I was stunned, and I cried a bit. I think I'll do the same if and when it happens in DH's. I'll also cry if practically anyone dies, but not as much.

All the Best,

Lunatic
Why do you think Luna will die?

Old July 2nd, 2007, 5:35 am
First Year

Well...my favorite character already died. Dumbledore! Obviously it stinks when it happens and it makes it hard to re-read a great book, but what can you do? I cried, like I always do when I am caught up in a book and when characters are well written and seem SO real.

To be honest I would be really bummed if Harry died. After 7 books you want to feel that everything will be okay for the characters...no more Voldemort and such. However, like most I would be just as bummed if Ron, Hermione, and Ginny died too.....well I don't want anyone to die unless they are Death Eaters.

I am excited to read it, but will be sad when it ends.....

Old July 2nd, 2007, 5:43 am
Sixth Year

My favorite character has already died (Dumbledore). My first thought was "no, now he's not going to be in book 7!!" I was just quite disappointed; there's nothing much more that can be done.

"Think how it must be for all the kids who were 8 when Harry debuted in 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone' ... Those kids are now 18, and when they close the final book, they will be in some measure closing the book on their own childhoods."
~ Stephan King, July 2007
Old July 2nd, 2007, 5:57 am
Sixth Year

If Ron dies, I will probably go through a whole box of tissues! I will be sobbing buckets. I don't know how I would react to any other character's deaths.

When Dumbledore died, I cried for 30 minutes, and was in a sort of numb shock for a while after that. And he wasn't even my favorite character! So it's hard ot say exactly how I'll react.

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
First Year

I think it's heartbreaking when any of them die, mainly because Jo likes to knock off the big characters that have had lots of impact in the story.

I was more mad when DD died, shocked when Sirius died, speechless when Cedric died, and I'm expecting another couple big losses in the 7th book. I'm more curious to know who will be biting the big one than anything. I really don't want to see any of the weasley's go, after all they've done, minus percy, that would suck for me.

I think the biggest shocker of them all for me would have to be Hagrid, that would upset me the most. I've always saw him as the big ol teddy bear that wouldn't hurt a fly, him dying would be an injustice to me.

Fourth Year

If Severus Snape was to die, I'd be in tears. I love Snape and have felt for a while now that he is doomed. Somehow I've resigned to the fact he will die in some heroic manner.

Lucius --sorry, he's also doomed. He messed up big time!! IF he isn't killed by Voldemort, I see him dying in a duel with a member of the Order. As to who that will be, I don't know.

I TRUST Severus Snape!!!!
Old July 2nd, 2007, 6:00 am
First Year

If my favorite character, Lupin dies I will be upset and dissapointed and maybe a little shocked. But I wouldn't break down and start crying. Because I'm not like that.
I'd be like, "Well that sucks" and then I'd get on with my life.
Nothing can be done about it, so why get yourself all worked up over it.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 6:05 am
First Year

Well...my favorite character is Voldemort. If he died, he would be taking my heart with him. That is how much I love him. I would be crying buckets, and then go into shock for awhile. Lastly, I would be in mourning over him for awhile. It would take a long time for me to get over his death.

Sirius lives on!
Old July 2nd, 2007, 6:52 am
Second Year

From the moment Ron stepped up to the chess challenge in Sorcerer's Stone, I fell for him. He's mostly in the background - especially in the films - that's why I'm hoping that he'll get his due in DH. If Ron gets killed off it will be heartbreaking. It would leave a sorrow about the series if any of the trio pass on. Everytime you remembered the books, all the years of waiting and being a part of the Potterverse would diminish as each remembering would end up with an unhappy ending...no matter how heroic he died.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 7:09 am
First Year

I won't cry no matter who dies. I refuse to cry. I'll be very, very, very sad, but I'll just shake my head and quote Dumbledore: "to the well organised mind, death is but the next great adventure".

Old July 2nd, 2007, 7:37 am
First Year

If Hermione was killed I would be very upset, I would probably stop reading the book. I could accept Harry's death, since already think he will die.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 7:56 am
First Year

I think whether my favourite character (being ron of course!) died, I would be upset, but what would effect my opinion of their death more was how they died.

If ron died sacrificing himself like in hp1 and taking down heaps of deatheaters with him, I would be sad but know that his death had a purpose. On the flipside, if he was killed and his death then used as a tool to motivate harry (as was suggested by a prior poster) I would go crazy.

Neville's another character whom I like. If he dies, which I highly doubt, then it should be after he has avenged his parents or something along them lines.

Dumbledore's death was a shock. I hadn't prepared myself for it at all. Again, it was the way that he died. He had identified himself throughout the whole series as being the strong, brave leader of the order of the pheonix and the wizarding world at large. Seeing Dumbledore dying as he was weak and unable to fight-back was saddening beyond comprehension.

In summary, just kill Harry JK, so none of my favourites get touched.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 5:49 pm
Second Year

My favourite adult character is already gone. I had a hard time with it, I still do.

But I would equally be devasted if Harry, Ron or Hermione died.

'I haven't been properly dry since August!' George Weasley

[Staff edited: max. signature size = 300x300 pixels]
Old July 2nd, 2007, 5:57 pm
Registered Animagus

If Hermione or Ron die, I will cry for hours and refuse to write any more fan-fiction. My fan-fiction is almost always based on the Ron/Hermione relationship. If they die... then I don't think it would be right to write any more stories about them...

Same for Ginny and Harry... but I kinda think Harry will die. I will cry if Ginny dies...

Remus and Tonks... if they die, it will cause me to sniffle... yeah...

Old July 2nd, 2007, 6:09 pm
Second Year

Sadly, my favorite already died. Sirius, we shall miss you!

When Severus dies (I'm fully expecting him to), I'm going to be SO SAD. :cry:

If Neville dies (the poor boy), I will probably throw down my book. For a few minutes. And I will be crying. A lot. Same for Luna. And Ginny. And EVERYONE. I will be crying throughout this book, I can tell.

I really hope Remus and Tonks end up alive, because Remus DESERVES to be happy. All of his friends are either dead or are traitors. Give the poor guy a break and let him and his girlfriend live!

Old July 2nd, 2007, 6:14 pm
Master Seer

I think I'd be rather agitated if one of the twins dies. Both of them - all right, I can live with that. But if one dies and one survives - I'd find that very tragic.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 6:21 pm
Second Year

I don't believe Neville will die becouse Rowling created the character, made his life miserable and is then going to kill him? I think not.

Last edited by Numenorian; July 2nd, 2007 at 7:44 pm.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 6:23 pm
First Year

My favourite is Ron, I would be devistated, its hard to say how bad i would feel.

......for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 6:24 pm
Student

If Snape dies, I would definitely sign myself up for some therapy. I'm going to need it.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies