Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

IF your favorite character died, how would you react?

Old July 3rd, 2007, 2:54 am
Second Year

Re: IF your favorite character died, how would you react?

guess that would have to be Remus, but he probably will die, so I'm all good about it, no surprise

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?PikminOverlord

go there, it has alot of Potter stuff
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2007, 2:55 am
Sixth Year

Since I've already mentally programmed myself for the possible (probable?) death of my favorite character, Snape, I don't think I'll be too shocked should it actually occur. I guess, like many others before have said, it all depends on the way he dies/gets killed.

I'm much more anxious about his morality/loyalties, and if Jo decides that killing off my revered potions professor is the only way to prove his goodness, then so be it.

As for other deaths, meh...again, it all depends on the way they're carried out on paper. Only 18 days left to find out...

"The truth is that I am forever living in my childhood... Actually I am living permanently in my dream, from which I make brief forays into reality." - Ingmar Bergman
Old July 3rd, 2007, 2:59 am
Third Year

I cried like a baby when Dumbledore died. I just couldn't believe it. He was one of my favorite characters. I ove many characters from this book, but if Harry, Neville, or any of the Weasley family dies I just know I'll be crying for days. Sad thing is, I think a Weasley member may die. They are a large family, but boy, do I love them.

Nitwit! Blubber!Oddment! Tweak!

My heart belongs to
Old July 3rd, 2007, 3:00 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonks2005 View Post
I have a feeling that Ron may end up dying in the final book. He has always been my favorite (aside from Harry) and I think I would be alright with it. I would be horribly sad, but as long as he dies heroically (like sacrificing himself as in the chess game) I will be fine. I think my biggest fear is that he or any of my favorites will die pointlessly like Cedric Diggory. That I would be very upset and angry about.
Could you please explain why you think Ron will die?

No one dies pointlessly.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 3:18 am
First Year

I love them all, and since two are going to die, I think by the end I'll be extremely upset. Since I almost cried when both Dumbledore and Sirius died I suppose I'll probably shed a tear at the end of DH.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 4:25 am
Fourth Year

If Hagrid or Lupin die (or both ) I will, like, cry for days.

Seriously, though, I'm prepared for everyone to die so I won't be too upset.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 4:40 am
Second Year

It would really sad if Lupin or Hagrid died indeed. There such great characters.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 5:05 am
Second Year

hmmm I'm not afraid becuase Trelawney is my favorite...
and I'm sure she will be safe...

UNLESS it's fred and george...
it will make me sad!!!
but I will still read the book...
books are like life... we have to admit and accept the truth...

Old July 3rd, 2007, 5:35 am
Animaga terpsichore

Well my favorite character has already died and I cried. So my reaction would be that I would cry.

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Old July 3rd, 2007, 7:14 am
First Year

yeah.. my favourite character snuffed it. When Sirius fell through that veil, honestly... took a while to get my breathing right again. Also, James and Lily are some of my favourite characters as well but we never really got to see them much. I just like the idea of them. and their dead too.. and barty crouch juniors dead as well. damn...

I'd hate to see Lupin die, but i think it would make sense if he did. Kind of a marauders united after death idea. Fred and George dying would leave me to slowly drown in misery as well (worse if one ONE twin dies leaving the other to slowly suffer..)

Quote:
Stephane: [Shows 3-D glasses ] You can see real life in 3-D
Stéphanie: Isn't life already in 3-D?
Stephane: Yeah but, come on.
Gulag Orkestar**//interiors of a dutch house
Old July 3rd, 2007, 7:51 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred_Memories View Post
Hermione Granger, I just have five words: Flood the world with tears. I am probably one of the biggest Hermione Granger fans in the world.

Harry Potter, a very awesome person. I won't cry, but I will have tears in my eyes as his death would be very devestating.

What about you? You must say which character is your favorite and how would you react if they died.
Well seeing as my favorite character is Snape and he has pretty good odds right now to die, I'd say I need to prepare early. I sort of expect him to die, but in a way I feel like it would be Rowling's style to give him the reprieve and make him live out his long wizard life, alone and unhappy still knowing that he caused so much chaos and death, but knowing that he helped put an end to it (because he's going to end up on the good side in the end). So yeah, I'd be pretty darn sad, I mean, when it said Snape burst onto the tower I thought, "Oh darn, Snape, don't die!" Hehe. I might get teary but I think it's coming so I'm prepared. I'll cry though if he doesn't die and there's a good epilogue to the story for him.

But anyhoo, I'd cry if Hermione died. Totally. She's one of my Top 3 favorites. I cried when Dumbledore died and he's my second favorite character.

Harry is actually my 4th favorite character and I assume I'd cry because it's Harry and it's sad and it's the end.

I would cry if the following other people die: Lupin, Moody (he just rocks!), Ron, Mrs. Weasley, the twins, Hagrid, Dobby (he's been such a help), or Neville.

I don't think McGonaggall is going to die, unless those conspiracy theories are right and she's evil, because she's the new headmistress of Hogwarts and must carry on Dumbledore's legacy through her as she was his protege.

Didn't I tell you all Severus was good and that he and Lily were friends???!!!
Alan Rickman is my God.
http://www.analyzing-the-evidence.blogspot.com/
Old July 3rd, 2007, 9:41 am
First Year

Well,not long to go now folks.!

I have to say I would be disappointed if Molly or Arthur,or any of the Weasley's are killed off.Unfortunately I sense one or two,or maybe even a few of them will not survive.

They (the Weasleys) have done more for Harry in an emotional sense than anyone else.(not including Dumbledore).They have given him a family atmosphere and environment that he never had never known at the Dursleys.A sense of belonging.I think Harry knows this,and is one of the reasons he gave his Tri-Wizard winnings to the twins.I think he realizes that money isn't everything,but the warmth and love of a family is.

Those of us that are parents know how important having a caring family environment is when there are things happening to your child emotionally that are caused by outside influences,and you have no control over them,all you can do is offer support and hope.The Weasleys do that and more.As a family they have been ridiculed,(by the Malfoys especially)and deserve to have a happy endng.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 9:48 am
First Year

This is really a tough one, but since my favorite character is already dead (Dumbledore) I'm going to say the one that would hurt the most to lose, to me at least, would be Hagrid. I'd rather not say why, but there is literally at least a page of reasons from me. I can't say if he is my second favorite character...I really like Ron and Snape, so it's probably a tie between the three of them, but the one that would hurt the most to lose is Hagrid. It's surprising to me that there's not more Hagrid lovers, honestly...

Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:09 am
First Year

Snape is my favorite, but I've resigned myself to the notion that Snape has to die whether he's good or bad, and my reaction will reflect more his loyalties and how he dies rather than him dying. If he died trying to kill Harry or somesuch (basically, if he was evil/working for Voldy), I'd probably feel a bit bewildered and confused at how I'd read so much into things. It'd be pretty unsatisfying to read that after how well fleshed out and deep the character became through the six books.

Hermione's my second favorite, and I'd be sad if she died, but somehow I think I'd be most sad if Mrs Weasley died -- she's just the kind of mom everyone loves and after worrying so much about her family and how much she loves them, I'd be devastated if anything happened to her.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:23 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

If Neville dies, which I don't think will happen, I know that I'll cry.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:45 am
Fifth Year

We have to feel lucky that Jo has left it to the last book to kill off some more members. So, if Lupin, Neville, Molly or Hermione do die, at least it happened in DH and not in say Azkaban. I mean, we've had their company for 6 books so we should be happy about that!

Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:59 am
Master Seer

But would we have grown as fond of them if they had already vanished in PoA...?

Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:16 am
First Year

If Snape dies, I am going to be crushed. But. If he dies, doing something heroic like saving Harry, then maybe it will be easier to cope with.

"Severus," said Dumbledore, turning to Snape, "you know what I must ask you to do. If you are ready... if you are prepared..."

"I am."

I TRUST SEVERUS SNAPE!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 5:12 pm
Animaga terpsichore

If Harry, Ron, Hermione and Remus died, the I would cry because those characters are my favorites right behind Sirius.

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Old July 3rd, 2007, 5:22 pm
First Year

my fave charactor is already dead! goodbye sirius. may you rest in peace

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies