Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > The Common Room

Anyone else getting nervous?

Old July 7th, 2007, 10:18 am
Second Year

Anyone else getting nervous?

Im starting to get that twinge in the pit of my stomach. Only 13 days left!!! Im petrified, how about you? Im going to squee myself horse with all this anxiety and excitment!

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2007, 11:32 am
Banned

Re: Anyone else getting nervous?

I am really nervous! Like THE END! 13 DAYS...I don't think my brain completely comprehends just yet....It will all bounce back when I have the book in my hands....I am very nervous...we've waited so long and it's here.....it's gonna end...who knows what happens....who knows who dies...oh man, YES I am full of nerves!

Old July 7th, 2007, 11:37 am
Beauxbatons Champion

I get butterflies when I think about the last book. It's just surreal! It doesn't feel like my whole Harry Potter experience is almost over.

I think I'm completely numb to everything at the moment and when I'm actually reading Deathly Hallows it will hit me.

I'm so scared...=O

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Old July 7th, 2007, 11:37 am
First Year

Very nervous....JK said it was goin to a blood bath...im worried now. Excited at the same time.

Old July 7th, 2007, 1:38 pm
Second Year

I expect to feel a total emptiness when I've finished and once it's sunk in that it's the end. I've been a fan since POA so that is EIGHT YEARS I have been waiting to read DH. That's a bit frightening. I think I will spend about a month depressed.

"Go tell the world I'm still around. I didn't fly, I'm coming down."
Old July 7th, 2007, 1:48 pm
First Year

I'm nervous, excited and upset at the same time. I'm nervous because I really want to enjoy it as much as possible. I'm mostly sad though; I'm actually coming to terms with THE END OF HARRY POTTER!
I really hope it's the best yet....though I'm nervous about how it's going to be a 'blood bath'....

proud gryffindor
Old July 7th, 2007, 1:59 pm
First Year

I won't want to finish the book, because i don't want it all to finish.

Old July 7th, 2007, 2:03 pm
First Year

I haven't started feeling like that yet, I'll probably begin to feel wierd a few days before, but it feels right that it should end after like 9 years of reading them lol. I really don't want a horrific number of people to die though! Keep some of the characters alive JK! lol

'Right, you've got a wonky sort of cross...That means you're going to have "trials and suffering"- sorry about that - but there's a thing that could be the sun. Hang on...that means "great happiness"...so you're going to suffer but be very happy...'

C:\Documents and Settings\lucy\My Documents\My Pictures\xanga11.gif
Old July 7th, 2007, 2:04 pm
Fourth Year

a few weeks/months ago i was dreading it coming, hoping to prolong it as much as possible so it doesn't end
but now? bring it on! lol!

What i'M REALLY worriedabout is that when i go up to get my copy at midnight, there'll be some nasty **** who'll rip open the book and yell out hte death to everyone!
if so, i'll be AGHHH!!!

I'm hoping more than anything that there won't be papaers on it everywhere the second it comes out either..i shall have to hibernate with earplugs

What i'm REALLY worried about is that when i go up to get my copy at midnight, there'll be some nasty **** who'll rip open the book and yell out the deaths to everyone!
if so, i'll be AGHHH!!!

I'm hoping more than anything that there won't be papaers on it everywhere the second it comes out either..i shall have to hibernate with earplugs until i've finished. then maybe stay up there a fwe more days while i mourn...

Old July 7th, 2007, 2:09 pm
First Year

At least you're here for the release, I'm in Newquay so when i get back I'll have to avoid the internet, my friends and the newspapers until I've read it.

Old July 7th, 2007, 2:29 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHufflepuff View Post

What i'm REALLY worried about is that when i go up to get my copy at midnight, there'll be some nasty **** who'll rip open the book and yell out the deaths to everyone!
if so, i'll be AGHHH!!!
LOL yeah I'm worried about some randomer shouting out what happens too. I won't be getting it at midnight but I work in a shop and will be there the morning it comes out and if anyone dares mention anything that happens I will go mental.

I'll have to sort the newspapers out with my eyes shut just in case there is an article on DH. I can see it now... a headline in massive letters like "Harry doesn't survive final book" or something. Ooh I would be so mad

Old July 7th, 2007, 3:34 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag16 View Post
LOL yeah I'm worried about some randomer shouting out what happens too. I won't be getting it at midnight but I work in a shop and will be there the morning it comes out and if anyone dares mention anything that happens I will go mental.

I'll have to sort the newspapers out with my eyes shut just in case there is an article on DH. I can see it now... a headline in massive letters like "Harry doesn't survive final book" or something. Ooh I would be so mad
that would be so annoying!

ahh - you'd think they'd try and make it so all the papers etc are spoiler-free! do you think they will? oh at least leave it a few days! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgan_Zephyr View Post
At least you're here for the release, I'm in Newquay so when i get back I'll have to avoid the internet, my friends and the newspapers until I've read it.
wow! you're from bristol! lol! ok..back on track! Poor you!! It was like that for me with HBP. I came back about 2 weeks afterit's release (so i have no idea what the hype before it was like) and then went into tesco the next day were it was really cheap and got it.
except i heard no spoilers! lol!
but it wasn't the last book i suppose.... hopefully they spoilers won't be too bad!

Old July 7th, 2007, 5:13 pm
Fifth Year

The closer I get to finishing the series thus far, the greater this feeling of dread becomes. Wow, 7/21 is going to be the most bittersweet days I'll have ever experienced!

Ron and Hermione in Deathly Hallows

Dobby's large, pointed ears were now sticking out from beneath what looked like all the hats Hermione had ever knitted; he
was wearing one on top of the other, so that his head seemed elongated by two or three feet, and on the very topmost
bobble sat Hedwig, hooting serenely and obviously cured.
Old July 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Second Year

It seems so strange to be feeling the range of emotions Im feeling right now. My brain is saying its a book series moveon. But every other particle of me is sayin "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Dont let it end"
As for some idiot shouting out the good bits at the opening I hope their ready to feel my book across the back of their head
Ok I promise i wont do that but what if i just happened to stick out my foot as they passed by

Old July 7th, 2007, 5:24 pm
Third Year

i can't wait...but think it would be the final book...i do feel nervous and scared

Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow, Like fragile tiny shells, Drifting in the foam.
Little soldier boy, come marching home
Brave soldier boy, comes marching home.

We miss you Uncle Iroh

Proud member of OFINOA (obsessed fans in need of Avatar)

Germany to win Euro 08
Old July 7th, 2007, 5:26 pm
Third Year

I'm scared. yes, but when the 7th book ends, it ends. Theres nothing we can do about it. Just like when the Lord of the rings siries ends. Everybodys going to be sad for a while. It's natural.

Old July 7th, 2007, 5:32 pm
First Year

Nervous for Harry Potter?
Not in the least... right now anyway.

I'm taking part in JulNoWriMo and I have my own unwilling characters to worry about.

Old July 7th, 2007, 5:41 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleSnowyOwl
The closer I get to finishing the series thus far, the greater this feeling of dread becomes. Wow, 7/21 is going to be the most bittersweet days I'll have ever experienced!
Yeah, that's how I'm feeling. On one hand, it's probably going to be one of the best days of my life (I do not think I have ever had more amazing things to look forward to at once, honestly), and on the other... it all ends. I should skip mascara that morning, I'm thinking

So yes, I am nervous, but it's the good kind. Butterflies, definitely. Excessively swoopy, hopped up butterflies. Butterflies with chainsaws! (That would be a really good name for an emo band, if I do say so myself.) I think I'm just going to allow myself these next two months (hey, I'm realistic!) to be as giddy and fangirlish as I want, one last time.

Move on, move on
No there's nothing changing
Old July 7th, 2007, 5:44 pm
Animaga terpsichore

Im kind of freaking out! I just cant believe the Harry Potter series is going to be over in juat 13 days! Im really excited though.

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Old July 7th, 2007, 5:56 pm
First Year

im very nervous. i get butterflies when i think about it! but thankgoodness its not the sickly nervous i get before exams, its like the most excited nervous!! squeeee! I cant believe its coming!! i really cant!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > The Common Room