Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Bellatrix, the Traitor?

Old July 9th, 2007, 1:22 am
Second Year

Bellatrix, the Traitor?

No spoilers are allowed in these areas. Please make sure you've read our Deathly Hallows Conduct Notice!

Hi everybody!

Would Bellatrix betray Voldemort?Will she? In HBP, it seems to me that her sisters safety is very important to her.And with what happened to Draco, he's got a target on his back, and so dose his mom. Would Bellatrix risk her life to save them?In chapter to of HBP, she did very little to stop Narcissa going to Snape.Yes, she did warn her, and question Snape to make her sister see how untrust worthy he is, but other then that, she did nothing.She is a skilled witch, she could have hexed her sister and puta memory charm on her, but she didin't. She even helped made the UV. She did not have to.Dose that mean she cares for Draco?For her Sister? If Voldemort asked her to kill either one of them, would she?Keep in mind, she is a bit insane.

Harry: What is it Sir?

Dumbledore: You must let Ginny tie your shoelaces.

Last edited by gertiekeddle; July 23rd, 2007 at 8:37 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2007, 3:46 am
Fourth Year

Re: Bellatrix, the Traitor?

No I doubt she will betray Voldemort. She is way too dedicated to Voldemort. She is more dedicated to him than she is to her own husband which is a little disturbing. If anything, I could see her husband being the traitor. Being married to a someone and knowing that they will blindly follow another man. Well that would cause any man to go nuts.

Old July 9th, 2007, 4:11 am
Second Year

I think Bella is too devoted to voldemort and that he would probably be first before anyone else. Im pretty sure she cares for her sister and such but i bet if her sister was a "muggle lover" she wouldnt show much affection for her which basically says that she cant possibly care for her that much.
which makes me think.... would she put voldemort in front of her husband??

"Thats the beautiful thing about being human," he told me.
"Things change...."

*** I love Edward Cullen! ***
Old July 9th, 2007, 4:38 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
I think Bella is too devoted to voldemort and that he would probably be first before anyone else. Im pretty sure she cares for her sister and such but i bet if her sister was a "muggle lover" she wouldnt show much affection for her which basically says that she cant possibly care for her that much.
which makes me think.... would she put voldemort in front of her husband??
Yeah, I'm sure Bella didn't care for Andromeda a bit after Andromeda married Ted Tonks, so I'm sure it'd be the same if Narcissa hadn't married Lucius. Bella certainly didn't mind hurting her own niece (poor Tonks) at the Department of Mysteries... As for dear hubby Rodolphus, I think Bella favors Voldemort over him. She'd gladly give her kids to Voldemort so that they could serve him, so I don't think she feels very much concern for her husband.

I highly doubt that Bella would be a traitor to Voldemort. I think he's the last person she'd betray. She's so extremely devoted to him. I mean, just look at how fired up she got from Harry saying Voldemort's name. And even though she kind of went behind his back and helped Cissy and Snape with their Unbreakable Vow, it was something that would (and did) help Voldemort, I think.

Last edited by Blackblossom; July 9th, 2007 at 4:50 am.
Old July 9th, 2007, 4:49 am
Fourth Year

Bellatrix is a dangerous Woman. Especially for Severus Snape. She HATES him because he is where she USED to be. She USED to be Voldemort's Pet or Right-hand Lady. She probably was the first in line to hear the latest gossip, tricks, etc. Then this nerdy looking, akward figity teenager fresh from High School joined the ranks and messed everything up. I believe we will learn she was kicked out of the Pack by an Alfa Male. Now someone else is being fed the "Insider Information". I also believe Snape knows about the Horcruxes and may have held that over her head. This may even be something which she doesn't know about.
As for Voldemort, no, I don't think she'd turn against him, but any other Death Eater, including Narcissa is fair game. She wants to be on top and will go to any means to undermine another.
I don't think Bella loves her Sister. She certainly didn't show any Sisterly love for her in "Spinners' End". The way I read it was Bella thought Narcissa was a big screw up. She thought she was coddling Draco when she should have pushed him into the deep end of a pool and said "Swim Draco". Afterall, she'd be happy to hand over her own CHILD to the Dark Lord. Basically anyone who pulls the reigns in and says "enough is enough" like Narcissa did is WEAK.
So, yes, I think Bellatrix WILL be a Traitor in an attempt to get back in Voldemort's good grace.

I TRUST Severus Snape!!!!
Old July 9th, 2007, 6:19 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJackSparrow View Post
Hi everybody!

Would Bellatrix betray Voldemort?Will she? In HBP, it seems to me that her sisters safety is very important to her.And with what happened to Draco, he's got a target on his back, and so dose his mom. Would Bellatrix risk her life to save them?In chapter to of HBP, she did very little to stop Narcissa going to Snape.Yes, she did warn her, and question Snape to make her sister see how untrust worthy he is, but other then that, she did nothing.She is a skilled witch, she could have hexed her sister and puta memory charm on her, but she didin't. She even helped made the UV. She did not have to.Dose that mean she cares for Draco?For her Sister? If Voldemort asked her to kill either one of them, would she?Keep in mind, she is a bit insane.
Yes... she does worry about Cissy... I think she still values her family, unless Cissy crossed a line, I think she will no longer care...

If this is a matter between good and bad, she will do her best to keep Cissy with her,
but if the Dark Lord meddled, I think she will 'rather' betray her own sister...

I agree also with
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgrwfan View Post
No I doubt she will betray Voldemort. She is way too dedicated to Voldemort. She is more dedicated to him than she is to her own husband which is a little disturbing. If anything, I could see her husband being the traitor. Being married to a someone and knowing that they will blindly follow another man. Well that would cause any man to go nuts.
I think the Dark Lord is her life... Do you see her reaction at the Ministry of Magic atrium when the Dark Lord blamed her?

(no bashing intended, no rejecting ideas intended, if ever this post shows disobedience, kindly attend to me asap. Thanks

Old July 9th, 2007, 8:48 am
First Year

Bella is about as likely to betray He-who-must-not-be-named, as Harry is likely to betray Dumbledore.

You could almost go so far as to say she loves him.

Harry and Ginny, don't try to deny it shippers.
Ron and Hermione, already bickering like an old married couple, so don't get your hopes up for anything else.
Neville and ??? I'm lost on this one.
Old July 9th, 2007, 8:53 am
First Year

Bella hearts voldy. I dont think she would betray him althugh i do think she loves her sister but not enough to betray voldy.

Voldy and bella sitting in a tree ...

Old July 9th, 2007, 9:36 am
Fifth Year

When Bella and Sissy are with Snape, Bella says something about ....if she had a son, she would sacrifice him to Voldemorts' cause...Bella would sell her sister to Voldemort...she's actually already sold her soul to The Devil (LV) so what's left?

Old July 9th, 2007, 9:53 am
Second Year

Bellatrix? A traitor? Are you kidding me? No way is she a traitor? She is totally devoted to Voldemort! There is nothing that woman wouldn't do for him! If she had sons she'd give them to Voldemort ,anyday-she has already told us this. She was pretty upset when Narcissa was sobbing about giving over Draco. Bella spent over a decade in Azkaban for Voldemort!

No, I think Bellatrix has found her true love, lol wouldn't it be funny if voldemort started going out with Bella at the end of the Deathly Hallows? Hilarious...

Old July 9th, 2007, 1:35 pm
Second Year

Well, if Voldemort does something really mean and uncaring to Bellatrix, she might get mad at him for not acknowledging or caring about her loyalty and betray him.

Just a thought.

Proud Ravenclaw
Old July 9th, 2007, 4:48 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguamenti View Post
Well, if Voldemort does something really mean and uncaring to Bellatrix, she might get mad at him for not acknowledging or caring about her loyalty and betray him.

Just a thought.
Hmm... That is an interesting thought. But I don't know what Voldemort could possibly do to deter her that much. Even if he just said, "I'm going to kill you so that I can live," I think Bella would just nod and say, "Go ahead." She loves him that much. It'd need to be something really, really huge to make her turn on him... That would be something though.

Last edited by Blackblossom; July 9th, 2007 at 8:40 pm.
Old July 9th, 2007, 4:58 pm
Third Year

Bellatrix spent 15 years in azkaban for voldemort i dont think she will change sides now. I think her reluctance actually do anythig to stop narcissa from telling Snape is that she was scared of Voldemorts reaction. I think she is scared of doing anything that voldemort has not directly ordered her too, she was sort of covering her back if voldemort found out then she tired to stop it happening. But she also didnt do anything she wasnt told to.

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old July 9th, 2007, 5:10 pm
Second Year

I think it will be more that Voldemort will betray everyone close to him. He's a selfish self serving son of a gun and will throw anyone in the path of destruction so that he could survive. I think when/if the death eaters realize that, they will no longer be afraid to stand up against Voldemort because their plight will be the same. It is better to stand up for yourself than be a patsy for someone as sorry as Voldemort if your fate is the same.

I would like to add that she is foolish to think that the Dark Lord cares for her (end of book 5 and book 6) out of her foolish devotion or some other way. Remember Dumbledore has told Harry that although Riddle had a following they were not his friends nor did he much care for them. He would only use them to do what he wanted and basically used them all for his purposes.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke
Old July 9th, 2007, 8:30 pm
Second Year

Bellatrix dose not have a son of her own.She say's that if she did she would willingly give him up to the Dark Lord.But the fact is, she dosen't, and until you have a child of your own, how can you be so sure what you'll do with it?Maybe if she did have a child, and knew it for 16 years like Narcissa, she would not be so willing to give it up. And she's known Narcissa her whole life, Voldemort, not as long.

Harry: What is it Sir?

Dumbledore: You must let Ginny tie your shoelaces.
Old July 9th, 2007, 8:54 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJackSparrow View Post
Maybe if she did have a child, and knew it for 16 years like Narcissa, she would not be so willing to give it up. And she's known Narcissa her whole life, Voldemort, not as long.
Maybe... I don't know if motherhood could change her character that much though. She's so rigid. She doesn't even have any qualms about attacking her own family, including her sister's kid (Tonks, I mean, not Draco, though I don't know how close she is to him either). I know Andromeda's blasted from the Black family tree and all, but still, that is pretty harsh (but given the family itself and how it marinates in its ideology, maybe it's not as harsh.).

Even if Bella did have a kid, I really think she'd go through with what she said at Spinner's End. She'd probably raise it with the full intention of having it join its parents in Lord Voldemort's ranks. Now, I don't know how Rodolphus would feel. Maybe he wouldn't be willing to let his kid join the Death Eaters or anything like that, but Bella, I think she'd be all for it.

Last edited by Blackblossom; July 9th, 2007 at 9:01 pm.
Old July 9th, 2007, 8:59 pm
Sixth Year

Bellatrix also says that if she had a son, she'd sacrifice him to the Dark Lord. If she's worried about Narcissa, it's because she knows that if Narcissa angers Voldemort, she'll let her die.

Happy Holidays to All!

Happy Christmas!
Old July 9th, 2007, 9:01 pm
Third Year

I can see both sides of this one. It is 50-50. For Bellatrix to be a lifelong servant of LV's who wasted years in prison and then to turn on him would not be an easy decision for her to make. It's been her identity for so long and I remember how angry she was with Snape at Spinner's End because she questions his loyalty.

However, in Spinner's End we saw two new Bellatrix developments. She is out of the Dark Lord's favor and seems resentful that she is no longer in his confidence. She is the type to be jealous and vengeful and since Azkaban does not seem to be playing with a full deck if ever. Most shocking to me in book 6 is that 2 things came up that I never expected. She has already disobeyed the Dark Lord by agreeing to be the bonder of the vow. She did something behind the Dark Lord's back that he would never approve of or agree to. She would never have done this in earlier books in my opinion. Connected to this, we are made aware of how much she loves her sister Narcissa. She is willing to follow her and do something for her that risks her own position. I think we find out in book 7 that Narcissa and Draco are still in danger and I finally believe that if Bella has to choose between LV and Narcissa and Draco she will choose Narcissa/Draco.

Old July 9th, 2007, 9:09 pm
Student

After HBP, I think that it is definitely possible for Bella to turn on Voldemort. She seemed to be concerned about Narcissa, and she is starting to doubt Voldemort. But whether or not she will betray him will really depend on what happens in the early part of DH.

Old July 9th, 2007, 9:15 pm
Third Year

Yes, there is no doubt that Bella loves her sister. If it turns out that Lucius does not get out of Azkaban right away after the events at the end of book 6, I think Bella will have to make some choices regarding her allegiance to LV and saving her sister.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies