Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Bellatrix, the Traitor?

Old July 9th, 2007, 11:13 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Bellatrix, the Traitor?

I would say not, Bellatrix seems to not waiver in her support of Voldemort. The way she kept getting angry and questioning Snape, she was getting upset at the whole Draco situation and the fact that Cissy was going to tell someone else about it. SHe always claims to have Voldemort loyalty. Plus Voldemort would just kill her if she tried to say anything in the Malfoys defense.

Elizebeth: Barbosa marry us.
(best movie scene ever!)

"

Will Turner: "It depends on the one day.
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:09 am
First Year

The only way I could see Bellatrix turning traitor would be if she fell in love with Voldemort and he scorned her.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

And Bellatrix is pretty nasty usually.

Unsung Hero: The Half-Blood Prince

Hello, my name is Elizabeth. You spoiled Deathly Hallows. Prepare to DIE!

Warning: I know many medieval and chinese torture methods. Please, don't spoil. I hate having to clean up all the blood afterwards.

On the Edge

Gryffindor, or Slytherin?
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:14 am
Secret Keeper

i don't see her as a traitor, she is half insane, she would do anything for him.

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old July 10th, 2007, 12:40 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywitch View Post
i don't see her as a traitor, she is half insane, she would do anything for him.
Half insane?? I hate to see her go the rest of the way.

I don’t see her as the traitor though, as she doesn’t have a good reason to turn, and I cant see anyone trusting her if she did

I can however see her letting slip Snape’s location she is jealous of him and would love him out of the way.

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:51 am
First Year

I personally do not think Bella would betray Voldemort. The main reasons are because she spent many years in Azkaban for him, and she even said she would sacrifice her child or children. If she ended up turning on him I would be very suprised.

Old July 10th, 2007, 1:12 am
Second Year

I don't see Bella turning traitor but as others have noted she is quite insane and obsessively in love with Voldemort. As Slughorn mentioned, obsessive love is the most dangerous. Voldemort seems to work with the rod and the carrot. If he does not show enough of the carrot to Bella she could turn out of her rage and try to kill him but not actually join the other side.

Old July 10th, 2007, 1:17 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgrwfan View Post
No I doubt she will betray Voldemort. She is way too dedicated to Voldemort. She is more dedicated to him than she is to her own husband which is a little disturbing. If anything, I could see her husband being the traitor. Being married to a someone and knowing that they will blindly follow another man. Well that would cause any man to go nuts.
Well Rodulphus follows the mold of important charecters by having his name frown in before becoming important. Personally I think that there won't be any traitors in book 7

Old July 10th, 2007, 1:34 am
Third Year

I'm having a hard time seeing her even entertaining the idea of leaving LV. He has been her world for most of her life. But I have to say I was so shocked that she agreed to bond the vow behind his back. She should know of all people that LV would not like that.

Old July 10th, 2007, 2:42 am
First Year

The only DE I see as likely to turn coat on Voldemort is Rudolphus Lestrange, out of fury over his wife's sadistic devotion to Voldemort. I think Bellatrix loves Narcissa, but from what I read in HBP, I believe that Bella would sacrifice any and al members of her family for Voldemort's cause.

Old July 10th, 2007, 10:57 am
Third Year

I think though with any possible tratior they will only be any help if the order will belive any information that they pass on with both Rudolphus and bellatrix there past means that any information they give will most likely be viewed as a trap and a traitor that you cant trust is not that much help.

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old July 10th, 2007, 4:04 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdrilLuthien View Post
The only way I could see Bellatrix turning traitor would be if she fell in love with Voldemort and he scorned her.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

And Bellatrix is pretty nasty usually.
I agree. She is crazy, but if she is scorned by him she could turn against him.

Can you guess where I am?
Old July 10th, 2007, 4:07 pm
First Year

I didn't think this at first, but now that J.K has apparently said she's got a major role in the next book, I think she may be traitor. It'll be interesting to see how it all works out. It could be she feels guilty about Sirius, or helps Nymphadora?

Old July 10th, 2007, 4:44 pm
Second Year

I don't think that Bellatrix could ever turn away from Voldemort.
She enjoys hurting people a little too much.
I also think that she wouldn't want to incur Voldemorts wrath. She would never do anything that could kill her.
I think the reason she has a large role in the next book is because of her connection with Neville and his parents. (She tortured Frank and Alice Longbottom till they went mad)

Jo

'I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick'
Old July 10th, 2007, 4:56 pm
Third Year

Bella has already slightly turned away from him. A loyal DE would not follow her sister to Snape's house and talk about making an arrangement for Draco behind the Dark Lord's back.

LV feels that his DE's should choose him above anything else. Yeah, it's terrible but he's evil. The two women might have interfered with his plan for Draco which nobody is really sure if it was a set up to punish/have him killed or not to spite Lucius.

Also, if Bella distrusts Snape and she is so loyal to LV, why is she consorting with Snape and not dragging her sister out of there. A simple stunning spell to Narcissa should have sufficed.

Old July 10th, 2007, 5:09 pm
First Year

Maybe she has a Horcurx, hence her importance? After all she did say;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner's End, Page 34 UK Edition
'That was not my fault!' said Bellatrix, flushing. 'the Dark Lord has, in the past, entrusted me with his most precious - if Lucius hadn't -'
Possible significance there?

E in all three W.O.M.B.A.T.S

I trusted Severus Snape.

Last edited by Hallowed; July 11th, 2007 at 5:08 pm.
Old July 10th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Third Year

When I looked at the mugglenet news and saw what JK said to Helena Bonham Carter, I was surprised.

If they continue on this path and LV disorients her further and keeps leaving her out of the loop, she may act irrationally.

I really think the seeds were planted in Spinner's End. If something happens to Narcissa or if her life is in danger in book 7, I think Bella may turn not to completely destroy LV, but to do something to help Narcissa.

All of the Malfoys and Bella are going to have to make some huge choices in book 7. We already know from book 6 that they are out of favor with LV. The will have to choose family survival over LV in book 7. What will they do?

Old July 10th, 2007, 6:48 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoRetla View Post
Bellatrix also says that if she had a son, she'd sacrifice him to the Dark Lord. If she's worried about Narcissa, it's because she knows that if Narcissa angers Voldemort, she'll let her die.
I agree. It wasn't out of sisterly love. It was out of her mistrust in Snape, that's why Bella tried to stop Narcissa from talking to Snape. Also, if Narcissa angered Voldemort, than Bella would just chalk up her punishment as disloyality, she wouldn't try to stop it.
Even though she doesn't have her own children, she is happy to give her nephew to Voldemort. I think that says a lot about her character and loyality to Voldemort.

Old July 10th, 2007, 7:04 pm
Third Year

I don't think so at all. Someone like that doesn't just change. I'm positive she could be declared legally insane in the Muggle world. After being in Azkaban that long, she's completely devoid of normal human emotion. And even before she went to Azkaban she was crazy. You saw her in book four! "The Dark Lord will come for me! I am his most faithful follower!"

Do you like The Daily Show with Jon Stewart? Then visit my petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/daily135/petition.html and sign your name to get the earlier episodes released on DVD!

Save the Canon at http://community.livejournal.com/sporkhpmovie

I'm engaged to Remus Lupin!!!
Old July 10th, 2007, 7:05 pm
First Year

bellitrix is the least likely to betray Voldemort. He is basically The biggest thing in her life and even if she cares about Cissy I think she will find some way to Justifie her getting hurt. she will think it is best in her quest to help the dark lord

Old July 10th, 2007, 8:02 pm
First Year

Just like you said, Voldemort is her whole world.

Can you imagine what she'd do if he really ticked her off or pushed her away? I'd want to be several continents away if that happened.

Unsung Hero: The Half-Blood Prince

Hello, my name is Elizabeth. You spoiled Deathly Hallows. Prepare to DIE!

Warning: I know many medieval and chinese torture methods. Please, don't spoil. I hate having to clean up all the blood afterwards.

On the Edge

Gryffindor, or Slytherin?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies