Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Voldemort Created The Room Of Requirement.

Old August 13th, 2007, 10:18 pm
First Year

Re: Voldemort Created The Room Of Requirement.

Yeh because Tom Riddle was only at school 50 years before harry and there were things way older than that in the hiding room.

Last edited by Auntie_Muriel; August 13th, 2007 at 10:25 pm. Reason: forgot bits
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2007, 1:19 am
Third Year

Even though I don't agree with your theory at all, I do really like it and see how much thought and time you've put into this theory, so for that I must say Kudos my friend!

"Has Ron saved a goal yet?" asked Hermione.
"Well, he can do it if he thinks no one is watching him," said Fred, rolling his eyes. "So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk among themselves every time the Quaffle goes up on his end Saturday."
- PeerlessKid -
Old August 23rd, 2007, 1:53 am
Second Year

It's an excellent post, but I don't believe it.
You say that Tom found his information on Horcruxes from Slughorn, but that's no true. Tom only wanted to know if 7 Horcuxes would be stronger than 1.
I think he found his information from the same book Hermione did.

Old August 26th, 2007, 4:09 pm
Secret Keeper

I don't doubt that Voldemort created it, but It could be possible that he didn't. I'm sure he found the room and stayed there in the summer sometimes, but it's probably impossible to make an entire room a horcrux.

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old August 27th, 2007, 1:24 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

I think that if Voldemort had created the Room of Requirement to possibly hide things in and to be left alone, he would have made sure that only he could enter it, much like the Chamber of Secrets.

Although Voldemort is a highly talented wizard and he was always creeping through the castle creating an entire room would have cost some time, I doubt that he could have done with a flick of his wand. It would have been very risky.

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer
Old August 27th, 2007, 1:55 pm
Fifth Year

I think that there are a few too many things hidden in the room for things to be hidden for it to be only about 50 years old. I don't think that that many people could have found it in 50 years. I think it had to have been there for quite some time, like maybe even Rowena Ravenclaw put it there. She was quite intelligent and was the one who made the plans for Hogwarts (right? I think I remember hearing that.).

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Old August 27th, 2007, 2:22 pm
oooooh spaaaaarkly...

I do not think that Voldemord created the Room. As other say, it would have been too risky, and, apart from that, there are too many old things in there, older than 50 years old.

I am the Amazing Pixie Queen! Meet the members of my family and the Royal Court: Brian is my adopted son and Abby my daughter in law.Rell, Hes, Nadia, Heike, Audrey, Mave, Kaz, Donks, Bethany, Maryssa, Lisa and Giulia are my lovely pixie sisters!KitKat and Josh are my pixie brothers.Bill is the King . Matty is my Nephew and Kim8 is my Niece. Celest is my Godmother. Elaina and Evie are the princesses, Chris is the Royal advisor, Poofy is the Court Lawyer, Drew is the Grand Duke, Rusty is the royal fashion advisor & Julie is the Royal Doctor.
Kim (Kimagine) is my Royal Sister the Amazon Queen.
Old August 27th, 2007, 7:57 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sllagnire View Post
I think that there are a few too many things hidden in the room for things to be hidden for it to be only about 50 years old. I don't think that that many people could have found it in 50 years. I think it had to have been there for quite some time, like maybe even Rowena Ravenclaw put it there. She was quite intelligent and was the one who made the plans for Hogwarts (right? I think I remember hearing that.).
Where did you hear that from?
I dont remember reading anywhere about how Hogwarts was actually built, except that the four founders found it.

"Well, he can do it if he thinks no one is watching him," said Fred, rolling his eyes. "So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk among themselves every time the Quaffle goes up on his end Saturday."
- PeerlessKid -
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:14 am
Third Year

LV didn't create the RoR - how do I know? Simple. He would never have let anyone else get into the room, or made it so only those who spoke parselmouth could get into the room. Why would he let random people use 'his' room?

FGM

Old August 28th, 2007, 1:06 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesHPfan View Post
I think that if Voldemort had created the Room of Requirement to possibly hide things in and to be left alone, he would have made sure that only he could enter it, much like the Chamber of Secrets.

Although Voldemort is a highly talented wizard and he was always creeping through the castle creating an entire room would have cost some time, I doubt that he could have done with a flick of his wand. It would have been very risky.
I couldn't agree more. It would have taken him a lot of time to build a room that powerful. And he, altough he was very arrogant, would have put more protection to the room, not just walking three time in front of it.
I would like to know who created it though, any of the four founders? or was one extremly power student?

Old August 28th, 2007, 4:41 am
Fifth Year

Wow! You must have spent a LOT of time on that theory! It's really well thought out & presented. Sorry to say I disagree with it though. The room of requirement is obviously very old because of all the things that have been hidden in there. To be honest, I'm surprised Voldemort hid the diadem in there because he would have seen all the things hidden in there and should have realised from that that he wasn't the first person to hide things in the room. But that was part of his downfall - he never learnt to see things from anyone elses point of view.

But going on, if he had created the room of requirement then i don't think that Neville would have been able to come to understand the room as fully as he did. The room would have been Voldemorts and no one would have been able to begint to understand the room.

Also - we saw that Harry was unable to perform the patronus charm while wearing the horcrux. If the room of requirement had been a horcrux then none of Dumbledore's Army would have been able to perform patronuses while learning from Harry in the room.

Because of Edward Cullen...I'm staying single until I find a vampire
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:11 am
Embroidered by imaginatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeerlessKid View Post
Where did you hear that from?
I dont remember reading anywhere about how Hogwarts was actually built, except that the four founders found it.
There isn't much information on how the castle and anything in it was built, however Professor Binns does say the following:

HP lexicon
"You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago - the precise date is uncertain - by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. They built this castle together, far from prying Muggle eyes, for it was an age when magic was feared by common people, and witches and wizards suffered much persecution."
-- Professor Binns (CS)

Which could imply that the Room of Requirement might have been built by one of the Founders, just like the other rooms in the castle. Slytherin built the Chamber of Secrets for his own personal use.

It's possible that one of the others built the Room of Requirement for her/his personal use, to experiment with for instance.

Would be a good question to ask JKR one day, who created the Room of Requirement...

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer
Old August 29th, 2007, 5:30 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariebeth83 View Post
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Wow! You must have spent a LOT of time on that theory! It's really well thought out & presented. Sorry to say I disagree with it though. The room of requirement is obviously very old because of all the things that have been hidden in there. To be honest, I'm surprised Voldemort hid the diadem in there because he would have seen all the things hidden in there and should have realised from that that he wasn't the first person to hide things in the room. But that was part of his downfall - he never learnt to see things from anyone elses point of view.FONT]
Actually, I think that Vldemort was one of, if not the first person to find it, so he hid it in there and, figuring noone was as clever as him, he hid the diadem in there, but, I guess he was wrong.

Old August 29th, 2007, 8:25 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half_Blood26 View Post
Actually, I think that Vldemort was one of, if not the first person to find it, so he hid it in there and, figuring noone was as clever as him, he hid the diadem in there, but, I guess he was wrong.
Isn't that a spoiler? I thought this was a non-spoiler area

- PeerlessKid -

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives