Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Lily Evans Potter: Character Analysis

Old July 13th, 2007, 12:49 am
Unspeakable

Lily Evans Potter: Character Analysis

Welcome to the post-DH discussion of Lily Potter. Previous discussion without spoilers can be found here: Lily Evans Potter: Character Analysis

So now we know why Lily's Green eyes were so important! A lot of things have fallen into place and questions have been answered.....which means plenty for discussion!
  1. Lily's relationship with Snape went back a longer time than most people realised. He was her first contact with the magical world. How did this impact on Lily and her relationship with the magical world and Hogwarts?
  2. Could anything have been done by Lily or Petunia to repair their relationship given what we've seen of them as children?
  3. Based on the few things we know about Lily, what sort of friends did she have at Hogwarts.
  4. According to Lily her friends couldn't understand why she gave Snape the time of day ~ what does this say about her character and the friendships that she had with other people?
  5. Lily chose not to forgive Snape for calling her "mudblood" - why was this the last straw for her? Do you think she would have reconsidered this decision had she lived?

Last edited by Jessica; July 23rd, 2007 at 5:34 pm. Reason: Deathly hallows
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2007, 7:34 am
Fifth Year

Re: Lily Evans Potter: Character Analysis

1. Lily's relationship with Snape went back a longer time than most people realised. He was her first contact with the magical world. How did this impact on Lily and her relationship with the magical world and Hogwarts?
I think she would naturally take to Snape because he was the first wizard she met. They became great friends outside of school, and that would really strenghten their relationship.

2. Could anything have been done by Lily or Petunia to repair their relationship given what we've seen of them as children?
I don't think there was much that could be done. Petunia was jealous of Lily, and Lily couldn't have done anything to help Petunia come to Hogwarts. She wasn't a witch, and therefore couldn't attend.

3. Based on the few things we know about Lily, what sort of friends did she have at Hogwarts.
She had friends from every house, though Snape was her only true Slytherin friend. He was in fact her best friend for a while, though it was a secret friendship. She knew the inner Snape that no one else did. However, their relationship fell apart when he called her a mudblood, and they were never the same friends again.

4. According to Lily her friends couldn't understand why she gave Snape the time of day ~ what does this say about her character and the friendships that she had with other people?
Other people saw Snape on the surface, but she is the only one that actually knew him deep down. Lily is the only one who gave him a chance, and therefore she knew him like no one else could understand. She ignored her other friends' negative opinions of Snape because she knew better.

5. Lily chose not to forgive Snape for calling her "mudblood" - why was this the last straw for her? Do you think she would have reconsidered this decision had she lived?
I think Lily was tired of convincing her friends that Snape wasn't evil or mean, and then to have him come out and call her a mudblood just went against everything she claimed about him. She thought she saw the good in him, but he threw it away in a moment of panic because his enemy was fighting him and he had to get help. I do think if she had lived, they would have made up later in life. Though, it would have been difficult because she probably would have still married James and they wouldn't have gotten along.

Here lies Dobby, a free elf.

"That wand's more trouble than it's worth, and quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."
Old July 24th, 2007, 7:50 am
Third Year

I think that Snape living so close to Lily and being her first contact with the magical world profoundly affected her. Her attatchment to him was probably close to Harry's attatchment to Hagrid (being his first contact with the magical world after his encounter as a baby). I think that it was probably heartbreaking to Lily to see her best friend become what he became while in Slytherin at Hogwarts. Imagine Harry finding out Hagrid was deeply immersed in the dark arts.

I think that Petunia could have stopped being a brat and realized that it wasn't Lily's fault that she wasn't a witch as well. I think Petunia carried a childish bitterness her whole life because she was jealous of her beautiful and talented sister. Lily was absolutely distraught when Petunia was upset or angry with her while they were children and it seems that they were really close. Petunia must have been really angry and bitter to be able to forget that. I think that Petunia was beyond wanting to fix their relationship. Lily, in her letter to Sirius, seemed to have gotten over being upset or sad about Petunia. Lily casually says she has no complaints about Harry breaking the vase Petunia sent her. I think the both sisters realized their relationship was forever broken.

In "Snape's Worst Memory," Lily is hanging out with a bunch of girls and NOT james and the marauders. Also in the "Prince's Tale," she talks about a fellow griffyndor girl Mary Macdonald. I think Lily probably made friends with fellow Griffyndor girls who shared similiar characteristics: kind, intelligent, smart etc. Lily seemed to be normal, she probably didn't dislike someone unless they gave her a reason.

I think what her friends couldn't understand is that they couldn't see why someone as kind and wholesome as Lily could be friends with a Slytherin wannabe death eather. I don't think that this means that she hung out with judgemental people because they had it right, Snape didn't deny that he wanted to be a death eater.

I think that this was the first time that she realized she was really losing the Snape she could call "Sev." Her best friend called her the most offensive name possible- imagine Ron or Harry calling Hermione a mudblood. It probably hurt her more than if a stranger had said it. She probably knew it was too late for him to change. Even when he said sorry she knew that if he could even use the word, he believed that being muggleborn was a bad thing and he was invested in Death Eater ideology.

Had Lily lived, Snape probably wouldn't have had a reason to betray his death eaters. I doubt Snape and Lily would have been friends had she lived.

Old July 24th, 2007, 8:27 am
First Year

Lily's first recognised connection to the magical world was Snape because he was the one who told her she was a witch. Lily would naturally feel attached to him as he understood why she could do things like flying. Her parents and sister probably could not accept her(before they were told she's a witch) for that. She quite easily accepted the fact that she could do magic and I think she was easily integrated into the magical world and Hogwarts.

Petunia, as we saw, was jealous that Lily was witch and herself not. Lily was apologetic and sincerely offered to ask Dumbledore if he would change his mind and take Petunia in. The fault lies with Petunia solely, as from this we can see that Lily was good-hearted and not the boisterous kind. I think Lily tried hard to return their relationship to the old times. The only thing that could repair the relationship would be for Petunia to just be supportive of Lily.

3. Based on the few things we know about Lily, what sort of friends did she have at Hogwarts?
I think Lily had friends of all sorts at Hogwarts, except those who'd the inclination to the Dark Arts. She seemed friendly and kind because of the way she treated Snape - he was an outcast yet she was friends with him. We could see that she did not approve of Snape's friends so those were the only kind she did not have. But the closer friends(the bunch of girls she hung out with) would have been those who share her characteristics.

Lily's friends did not understand that Lily is not a judgemental person. She saw no reason in NOT being friends with Snape even though many did not like him. And as mentioned in the book, he was her first contact to the magical world, to hogwarts. He shared his knowledge with her and I think she appreciated it. She saw the good beneath Snape. By this, we can guess that Lily was well-liked because of her character.

It was the last straw for Lily because Death Eaters are the ones who call muggles "mudblood". She had advised Snape against befriend those whom she knew were going to become Death Eaters but he did not listen to her. By calling someone "mudblood", Snape has indicated that he has chosen to be a Death Eater, which made Lily really upset because she had disapproved of them. Moreover, Snape calling Lily, of all people, "mudblood", was so offensive because it shows that he has disregarded her as a friend while she had thought they were best of friends, worse still, it considered her beneath him and not worthy of his friendship. When she has always been defending Snape, this is what he gives her. I could imagine she was heartbroken, like she had lost a brother.

If only Lily knew how much Snape loved her, how much he regretted calling her a mudblood and become a Death Eater, I believe she would have forgiven him simply because of her kindred spirit.

Old July 24th, 2007, 8:47 am
Sixth Year

I think it probably benefitted her because she was able to glean more info about the wizarding world before going to school and had someone, at least for a while, to communicate with during holidays, to keep a connection to that world.

Wow, that's a hard one. I don't think so. Tuny was angry at the loss of her sister and seemed to blame the wizarding world for that loss. Tunys desire to go to Hogwarts, even though she was not magical, shows her desire to stay with her sister. She never got over that loss.

It seems she was the kind of person who would have been popular, and not because she was a cheerleader (no offense intended, just going with the stereotype) but because she was kind and fun-loving.

Again, that she was willing to give people a chance. She was the kind of person that would try to like anyone until they proved not worthy of her.

I think she had been seeing him fall into the dark arts and it bothered her. But for him to call her such a foul name after defending him and still trying to be his friend showed her, wrongly we now know, that he had crossed some kind of invisible line. We all have them, whether we are aware of them or not. Snape did that, in front of everyone, after she had tried to help him. It was like a cold slap in the face.
If she had lived, given that she was married to James and, by that time, Snape was a DE, I don't see that they would have had an opportunity to reconcile. Sad, isn't it? I wonder what she, and James for that matter, think of Snape now?

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Homer Simpson

Proud member of: The Lyceum, the LDA, Moonies Loonies, Knights of the Order of St. Biclavret, Cod Squad, Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin, There will be NO death by Poking Society.
Old July 24th, 2007, 9:54 am
Fifth Year

Short reply for now:
I'm glad we got to see the actuall Lily in this book,not just the pretty intelligent girl,but the real reason so many people valued her ,he kindness,which was only indicated throughout the books.Here we see it again and agin,with her sister and how she cared for her,when she was trying comfort her for not being a witch,and of course,with Snape.It's little wonder he cared for so much.

Old July 24th, 2007, 5:37 pm
Fourth Year

Very true. We got a much more rounded idea of her character than we've had before, and it was a great help in understanding not only her, but Snape and Harry as well. There's a lot of her in him.

Quote:
I wonder what she, and James for that matter, think of Snape now?
I would think they'd forgive him. If only because he did so much, more than perhaps anyone except Dumbledore, to protect Harry. Even though he loathed and despised him. Lily, I think, forgave him anyway. She just understood that she was the exception, not the rule, and that's what made it the final straw. She could never have had a serious friendship with someone who hated what she had been, and what her family still were.

Let him be born a Jew. Let the legitimacy of his birth be doubted...let him be tried by a prejudiced jury and convicted by a cowardly judge. Let him be tortured. At last, let him see what it means to be terribly alone. Then let him die in agony.

When they were finished pronouncing sentence, there was a long silence. For suddenly all knew that God had already served his sentence.
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:15 pm
First Year

It was good to finally see the parts to Lily that likened her to Harry...her kindness, her disregard for what other people thought of her. Like Harry choosing Ron over Draco despite Draco's sneer, Lily too chose to be friends with Snape despite what other people said.
We saw a lot of simularities between Harry and Lily just from the Prince's chapter!
However i did think that we might find out a bit more of a significance with Harry inheriting her eyes, i thought there might have been something in that?

Old July 25th, 2007, 1:35 pm
Second Year

I think her pre-Hogwarts friendship with Snape enabled her to make a smooth transition from the Muggle- to Wizarding- world. By identifying her as a witch, and sharing information with her, Snape gave a name and credence to the "special talents" she'd developed. It was a comfortable relationship, because he understood her in a way that Petunia and her parents couldn't. I'm sure she began school with more excitement than apprehension, thanks to him.

I don't think Lily could have done anything more than she did. Petunia saw Lily's acceptance of her Hogwarts invitation as a betrayal. In Petunia's eyes, Lily chose "that awful boy" and his world over her sister.

I envision her similar to how Ginny is portrayed: popular, vivacious, caring with friends from all the houses.

I think it shows her to be non-judgemental and accepting.

I think she felt that, in that moment, Snape chose his path. She'd been trying to dissuade him from the wanna-be DE's, and using that highly offensive term with his supposed-best friend was tantamount to declaring allegiance to them.

The lady believes: Dumbledore is, regrettably, deceased - confirmed by JKR 08-02-06 ; Snape is on the good side; Harry will survive Book 7; Draco is not a werewolf; R.A.B. is Regulus A. Black; Snape was at Spinner's End; Fawkes will return; Lily's big secret is ~ not a freakin' clue...

Family: The Wise and Enigmatic House of Dumbledore; High profile, highly respected, and quite, quite mad.Wand:10 1/2 inches, cedar and floo powder, a strange Gregorovitch combination. Rescue Mission: Harry, the leader. Fantastic Beast: Hippogriff; proud, respected, loved. Animagus: Fox. Personality: Severus Snape INTJ Marauder: Padfoot; loyal, protective, temperamental, wild. Marriages: Mrs. Cedric Diggory, Mrs. George Weasley, Mrs. Albus Dumbledore. 40% obsessed
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:31 am
Fifth Year

I don't think Snape calling her a mudblood was the only reason Lily stopped talking to him. There were a lot of other things that had been piling on for a long time.
Lily herself said that she could not make any more excuses for him. This obviously means that there had been times when she need to find a reason to excuse Snape's behaviour; something she might not have done for someone else.
Lily found Snape's and his friends' sense of humour evil.
She knew that he has willingly made a choice to be a death eater. Lily would have rather died than joined Lord Voldemort.
Snape always considered muggles beneath him. He could never understand Lily's loyalty towards Petunia.
I think Snape calling her mudblood just forced her to finally take a decision.
Snape obviously did not truly want to call Lily a mudblood. But saving his face infront of his death eater friends had mattered more to him at that instant.

I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I AM UPTO NO GOOD
To Jo-
For the hours of crying and laughing.
The intense discussions the theorizing.
For the friends we've made and the life lessons learnt
Thank you for everything. It means the world and what lies beyond.
Old July 26th, 2007, 8:15 pm
Inconceivable!

Lily's relationship with Snape went back a longer time than most people realised. He was her first contact with the magical world. How did this impact on Lily and her relationship with the magical world and Hogwarts?
Snape and Lily's friendship began as one person helping another to understand why they were different. Lily had no idea why she could do what she could do at age 10 and Snape was right there telling her she was not a freak.

Could anything have been done by Lily or Petunia to repair their relationship given what we've seen of them as children?
Even though we don't have any canon on it, I think that it could have been repaired, especially if Petunia had gotten over her jealousy of Lily.

Based on the few things we know about Lily, what sort of friends did she have at Hogwarts.
She was a popular girl, like Ginny was. She would be willing to befriend an oddball, just as Ginny would, because both of them could look past the exterior to see the real person.

According to Lily her friends couldn't understand why she gave Snape the time of day ~ what does this say about her character and the friendships that she had with other people?
This speaks volumes about Lily's character and especially her integrity. She valued what Snape had been to her. I am sure he always treated her very well, until that unfortunate Mudblood incident, of course.

Lily chose not to forgive Snape for calling her "mudblood" - why was this the last straw for her? Do you think she would have reconsidered this decision had she lived?
Snape crossed the line with the mudblood comment. He had been coming close throughout the years, starting with sending the tree branch onto Petunia. His friendship with the future Death Eaters and his activites influenced her, too. I believe that Snape was responsible for his actions. He had gone to a place where she could not follow.

I think that Lily would have been pleased to see that Snape was Dumbleodre's man through and through and that he was extremely brave. But she would not have liked that he never fully embraced his own life and happiness. And she would not have liked to see how he treated the son that she died to save.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old July 26th, 2007, 9:23 pm
Green Staff

I think Lily ends up as one of the heroes of the story, even if she wasn't alive for any of the books 1-7. Her capacity for love saved Harry, and her attempts at maintaining the friendship with Snape saved Harry later. It's a shame that she and Petunia didn't seem to get along well, but Lily probably tried.
The mudblood / snivellus exchange between Snape and Lily probably was that last straw. Snape maintained his crush on Lily until his death, but Lily probably didn't look back too much (unless prompted by James )

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Old July 27th, 2007, 5:10 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I think her friendship with Snape garnered her pre-Hogwarts information that she, otherwise, wouldn't have been privy to until she actually entered the magical world.

No, I don't think so. Lily apologized before she left for Hogwarts and probably tried to patch things up with Petunia again later but, clearly, nothing worked. Petunia is just a proud, stubborn lady. One big pain in the butt.

I'm also not so sure Petunia was just upset over what had happened with Snape, either. I think she was jealous, as well, and nothing Lily could have said/done would have made her feel any less jealous...nothing short of her not going to Hogwarts, anyways.

I'd say she was close friends with people like herself -- kind, outgoing, warm, etc. -- but could befriend almost anyone, given her relationship with Snape.

Given the rivalry between Slytherin and Gryffindor as well as the people Snape was hanging around, it makes perfect sense that the majority of those who knew her and knew she was friends with Snape would question their relationship so I think it proves how strong, independent, kind, and loyal she was.

I think it was the last straw because she'd already, apparently, put up with so much at that point and could handle no more. Unfortunately, I don't think she would have reconsidered her decision had she lived because, at that point in time, they'd drifted so far apart that I can't imagine them ever having found each other again. The only way I could ever see them reuniting is if she were to find out, somehow, that Snape was the one who'd handed over vital info to the Order.

Now that I think about it...did she know? If she didn't know, why not?

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old July 27th, 2007, 5:33 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermy_weasley2 View Post

So now we know why Lily's Green eyes were so important!
Do we really? I don't think the books ever really explained that.

Quote:
As others have said I think it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Lily was willing to go to preserve their friendship but time and time again Snape seemed to choose his Slytherin friends ne conform to their ideas. Its hard to be friends with someone who keeps getting caught up in doing wrong things that hurt people. The fact that Snape and Lily were friends was like an open secret. I think Lily and Snape were drifting apart for a while and then for Snape to say something so hurtful and down right racist just made her realize she couldn't keep being friend with her anymore. If a Jewish girl and a boy member of the Hitler Youth had a friendship their relationship would get complicated pretty quickly. Girl and boy are friends but boy's affiliates are hellbent on destroying girl's entire world. A person can only take so much from a friend. I think if Lily might have reconsidered her decision if Snape hadn't become a deatheater and turned against Voldemort.

Quote:
Could anything have been done by Lily or Petunia to repair their relationship given what we've seen of them as children?
Hey, Lily tried to patch things up with her sister. What more could Lily have done? Refused to go to Hogwarts? Petunia was the one with the jealousy issues. She was the one that could never get over it. The fault lies completely with Petunia on that one. If Petunia had gotten over herself and her jealousy their relationship might have been saved.

"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business."

"Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git."
"Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor."

"Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball."
Old July 27th, 2007, 5:55 am
First Year

[*] Lily's relationship with Snape went back a longer time than most people realised. He was her first contact with the magical world. How did this impact on Lily and her relationship with the magical world and Hogwarts?
As cool as it would be to discover that you had special powers, you would quickly realize that it made you a "freak" in many people's eyes. In Snape, Lily found that she was not alone. I think that if they had stayed in their muggle neighborhood, the bond from being the only 2 magical people around would have been lifelong. But once at Hogwarts, where their abilities were common, they slowly grew apart. Which is what tends to happen to childhood friends.

[*] Could anything have been done by Lily or Petunia to repair their relationship given what we've seen of them as children?
Other than Lily coming home and swearing off magic? Probably not.

[*] Based on the few things we know about Lily, what sort of friends did she have at Hogwarts.
She seems to be friendly and likable. But I think she probably had few close friends. There is so little mention of her friends in the books - only one by name I think - and no other close friend of Lily's shows up as a character whereas lots of James' friends do. If I had a close friend who was murdered leaving an orphaned son, I would try to contact him. Some have mentioned that her friendship with Snape might have been a secret, but I disagree and I think that is the reason that she didn't form close friendships early on with other girls at Hogwarts. I'll bet Lily & Sev stuck together quite a bit in the early years before his growing interest in the dark arts started coming between them.

[*] According to Lily her friends couldn't understand why she gave Snape the time of day ~ what does this say about her character and the friendships that she had with other people?

To me, it shows that she was both loyal and nonjudgemental - believing in Snape's goodness long after most others had written him off.

[*]Lily chose not to forgive Snape for calling her "mudblood" - why was this the last straw for her? Do you think she would have reconsidered this decision had she lived?

I think calling this "the last straw" is a good description. We know they'd argued about Snape's association with wannabe Death Eaters and the dark arts before. They probably argued more than once. She had probably sadly come to realize that he really did believe in all that pureblood supremecy stuff. And when he called her "mudblood" she ended a friendship that really wasn't viable anymore. I think she might have considered forgiving him if he'd denied being a Death-Eater-In-Training and everything, or even confessed love for her. But he didn't.

Old July 27th, 2007, 6:33 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discordia View Post
Do we really? I don't think the books ever really explained that.
The Prince's Tale, Deathly Hallows"Her son lives. He has her eyes, precisely her eyes. You remember the shape and color of Lily Evans's eyes, I am sure?"

It was all about Snape and his love for Lily, I think.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old July 27th, 2007, 7:10 am
Third Year

I doubt we'll get a much deeper explanation of the importance of Lily's eyes than we already have, as that was the only one figuring into the plot.

JKR might've made it sound like there was more to it, but she had to be vague when answering questions...so all she really said was that there would be something.

Old July 27th, 2007, 7:13 am
Sixth Year

And yet, eyes are the window to the soul, so the saying goes. One of the things I lament in our society today is the lack of face-to-face contact. Email, IM's, texts, all leave out the intimate idea of making eye contact. Jo touched me with the last words Sev spoke. To see the eyes of the one you love is important. For Snape, it was tantamount.

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Homer Simpson

Proud member of: The Lyceum, the LDA, Moonies Loonies, Knights of the Order of St. Biclavret, Cod Squad, Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin, There will be NO death by Poking Society.
Old July 27th, 2007, 5:54 pm
Lycanthrope

The only thing that bugged me about Lily was that she seemed to have the "know it all" syndrom. People with that characteristic bug me in real life, so I didn't like it in her. Hopefully by the time she got together with James, she had grown out of it a bit. Otherwise, I hope he held on to a good amount of arrogance so he could face her down.

Old July 27th, 2007, 7:29 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Mainly in the sense of her having someone to share her secret with before she went off to school, so it probably didn't seem as scary to her at first as it did to Harry. She looked forward to it because he told her what it was like.

I don't think so, really. The fact that Snape used his magic against Petunia, following which Lily chose to go to school with him, was probably seen by Petunia as an ultimate betrayal- more so since Lily remained friends with Snape. I think she was also somewhat bitter that Lily had an ability she didn't, and was part of a world she was shut out of. Which is sad, because there seems to have been a certain degree of affection between the girls when they were children

Can't actually tell, really. I have a feeling she might have been friends with Remus Lupin, but the Mary McDonald she spoke of also sounds like she might have been a friend, and given what I can make out of Lily's character she seems like she might have had quite a few more among the girls. And she was clearly good friends with Sirius by the time she wrote that letter to him, so it seems like a fair ground to assume that she became good friends with the Marauders by her last year at school.

She was clearly good friends with people other than Snape, people who were probably scared off him because of his extensive knowledge of Dark Magic and his Death Eater friends, but tolerated him for her sake. And she might just have been friends with people from other Houses too, though I think Snape was the only Slytherin she ever put up with. In terms of her character, I'd say it shows a fair bit of open-mindedness, though it can't have been easy for her at times- she indicated as much in her conversation with Snape after SWM.

I think the break had been coming for quite a while, she can't have liked his frequent use of Dark curses any more than James Potter did. And she indicates as much, saying she was tired of making excuses for his behaviour, which clearly more people than the Marauders found reprehensible.
I really don't think she'd have been happy at the news that Snape had become a Death Eater, if she ever knew. And I don't know how comfortable she'd have been, knowing how he felt about her. But I do think she'd have been grateful to know that he tried to protect Harry, though she'd probably have been enraged if she knew that while she lived, he'd have been willing to let Harry and James die as long as he got her to himself.

Last edited by Drusilla; July 27th, 2007 at 7:32 pm. Reason: Ooops, boo-boo!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References