Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone

R.A.B. Revealed

Old July 25th, 2007, 12:15 am
First Year

Re: R.A.B. Revealed.

I'm very happy that R.A.B. turned out to be Regulus, as most of us suspected. I always hoped that Sirius was wrong about his only sibling ... and I wonder, if Regulus had made it out of that cave alive, would he have gone to Sirius for help? Gone to Dumbledore for help?

Love is more than a candle.

Love can ignite the stars.
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:23 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredd View Post
The diadem wasn't completely obvious, but knowing how Jo works I had a gut feeling that that tiara in the RoR was the final Horcrux. I just couldn't imagine going into the 7th book without all the clues in place, and, well, the way she mentioned the tiara in HBP seemed too convenient.........
Actually, come to think of it, I remember re-reading HBP a day before reading DH and noting how much JKR described the tiara. But by the time I got to reading the Battle of Hogwarts chapter, I had completely forgotten about it.

Quote:
My theory on why RAB turned on Voldy is simple. We find out that Regulus appeared to actually care about Kreacher. One of Voldemort's greatest downfalls was his inability to see the importance of beings that he felt were beneath him. House elves were tools.......nothing more.
Yeah, I agree with you and I definitely did NOT see Kreacher as Regulus' motivation.

Quote:
When Regulus volunteered Kreacher, I don't think he had any idea what Voldemort had in store for him, and certainly didn't think that Kreacher would be sacrificed and left to die on that island. I think the shock of Voldemort did to Kreacher pushed him over the edge. That would also explain why when he went to the island with Kreacher, he drank the potion himself, to spare Kreacher's life.
Come to think of it, as much as Voldemort is constantly portrayed as having the fatal flaw of what he thought of creatures such as house elves, Kreacher's story is one of the only times we actually see him show this cruelty in the series.

Old July 25th, 2007, 12:36 am
Fourth Year

I figured that Kreacher had went with Regulus to find the locket. Didnt know that Regulus was killed by the Inferi though. It was cool to know that Regulus seemed like a good person in his heart and he treated Kreacher more as a friend then as a servant.

Old July 25th, 2007, 1:17 am
First Year

I actually was sort of suprised. When I heard about Regulus being R.A.B. (in theories) I thought it was good but too easy...I would've thought that it would be harder to determine R.A.B. than it really was.

Old July 25th, 2007, 3:52 am
Secret Keeper

not surprised, no big reaction. I was slightly wrong about how he died though. I expected that Voldemort figured out that he was betrayed by Regulus so he killed him. But I suppose the actual death was ok too.

I figured it out almost right after I read the locket's note. It wasn't too hard to figure out.

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old July 25th, 2007, 10:46 am
Seventh Year

Not surprised. It would have been strange if she introduced a completely new character. I like what she did with his character. It was well-written.

Old July 25th, 2007, 11:07 am
Oracle Octopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinsBeard5 View Post
So RAB was regulus. i thought so. Reactions???
No surprises there at all. Having supported that theory since HBP first came out, we had figured out almost everything that was told to us about how he managed to swap the lockets and how Kreacher would figure in, so really nothing out of the ordinary there.

Old July 25th, 2007, 12:34 pm
First Year

I was really shocked! I didn't want believe it was him so i wasn't expecting it.There was to much connecting him and the locket and him being a death eater i shouldn't have been so surprised.I nearly fell off my bed when i read it

Old July 25th, 2007, 1:36 pm
Third Year

I wasn't surprised, it was just the fact that i wanted it to be someone we never would have thought of but ah well. I liked the way Jo set it out though, having Kreacher being in on the secret. That was clever, i luv Kreacher now!!

Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow, Like fragile tiny shells, Drifting in the foam.
Little soldier boy, come marching home
Brave soldier boy, comes marching home.

We miss you Uncle Iroh

Proud member of OFINOA (obsessed fans in need of Avatar)

Germany to win Euro 08
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:29 pm
First Year

One of the boys Riddle took into the cave, and who came out changed, had a last name beginning with B. I thought once that maybe a relative of his wanted to settle the score.

Old July 27th, 2007, 12:11 am
First Year

For some reason when I first read the part where Sirius was talking about his brother, I just had the feeling that there was more to Regulus's story and that he wasn't such a bad guy. So then when I read about the note in the locket I thought "Aha! Regulus!" I have to say I was a little let down by his story in this book, because like others have said there is so much we still don't know about Regulus and I guess I was expecting a fuller explanation.

Old July 27th, 2007, 12:36 am
Seventh Year

I would have loved to know more about Regulus and Sirius's relationship but that's kind of hard since the only two people who knew them well enough to really talk about their relationship were the brothers themselves so we''ll just have to wait for Rowling to explain it all. Sirius obviously misjudged his brother. Sirius was completely anti Slytherin and I suppose that when Regulus got into that house they drifted apart even further. My guess is that Regulus was like Draco who got too caught up but unlike Draco decided he was going to what he could to help bring Voldemort down. Regulus was willing to die to bring down Voldemort. Sirius definitely didn't know his brother that well at all. I think the Black brothers were among some of the most tragic characters.

"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business."

"Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git."
"Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor."

"Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball."
Old July 27th, 2007, 12:40 am
First Year

This was the one thing that I knew going into the book. I thought it was cool to have Sirius's brother turn out to be one of the good guys.

Old July 27th, 2007, 12:44 am
Second Year

I loved it, because it added depth to such a minor character. We all assumed Regulus was a typical Slytherin, self-interested and cruel. But he shows qualities of a Gryffindor, not allowing another to take his place, as I am sure most others Slytherins would have allowed Kreacher to do.

Old July 27th, 2007, 4:29 am
First Year

Personally I like his name Regulus Arcturus. Both notable stars Regulus being in Leo and Arcturus in Bootes. The names in HP are too perfect.

Old July 27th, 2007, 5:00 am
Third Year

I knew it. It was the only thing that made sense. She wouldn't have created a whole new character in her last book who was so important.

~~Proud Owner of J.K.Rowling's Autograph~~

Fanfiction.net: Search 'Author'--imagine131
(Currently 2 Avatar fics posted)
Fictionpress.com: Search 'Author'--imagine131
(Currently 1 General fic posted)
Old July 27th, 2007, 5:08 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinsBeard5 View Post
So RAB was regulus. i thought so. Reactions???
I was completely not surprised. I figured that it had to be Regulus upon my first reading of HBP, it just made sense. Although, I did allow myself a little smile that we had all been correct...

Old July 27th, 2007, 10:41 am
First Year

I figured it out a few minutes after I read about R.A.B. and that the locket was in Grimuald place and everything.

for some reason I thought there'd be more about him thought. looking back I don't really know why.

Old July 27th, 2007, 11:43 am
Second Year

yea knew it would be Regulus but a friend of mine was totally suprised by it. She says to me the other day "omg!! can you believe R.A.B. was Sirius' brother?!!"
I says yea didnt everyone know that and she was all "omg I NEVER saw that coming"
bless her... I dont think she paid much attention to the details really

Old July 27th, 2007, 7:02 pm
First Year

This comment is probably moot, considering that the book just wouldn't have worked very well if Regulus just all the sudden popped up alive, but anyway...

Did anyone else wonder why Regulus didn't simply ask Kreacher to get him a drink of water (after he drank the potion) and then side-along apparate with Kreacher out of the cave when the Inferi came for him...

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone