Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Prisoner of Azkaban movie clues

Old July 25th, 2007, 1:10 am
First Year

Re: Prisoner of Azkaban movie clues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWhizzbee View Post
Possibly Lupin talking about Lily always
I haven't checked it yet (haven't got the DVD here), but somebody said that when the Dementors start sucking Harry's and Sirius's souls out, there is one stream coming from Sirius but two from Harry. If that is true, it would foreshadow the fact that Harry is a horcrux, which would be pretty cool.
Can anybody confirm that?
(In the 'Order of the Phoenix' movie it was definitely only one stream of 'soul' coming from Harry.)
if thats true, thats a really good point.. i have to rewatch it.

Old July 25th, 2007, 1:29 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofMuffins View Post
the foreshadowing is Fred/George (can't remember) saying "You wouldn't look so good if you fell off of the Astronomy tower either..." (Dumbledore fell off of the astronomy tower)
I agree completely. Harry was just waking up in the hospital wing after falling off his broom. The camera angle is Harry's point of view, fading in from black and slowly focusing on those gathered around his bed. Someone says that Harry looks awful, or something like that, and then someone else replies with the Astronomy Tower comment. JK said that when she saw the film and whatever it was that was foreshadowing for a future book that she got chills. I know I did when I saw that scene after reading HBP.

Old July 25th, 2007, 5:36 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWhizzbee View Post
Possibly Lupin talking about Lily always seeing the best in people as foreshadowing of her friendship with Snape.

I haven't checked it yet (haven't got the DVD here), but somebody said that when the Dementors start sucking Harry's and Sirius's souls out, there is one stream coming from Sirius but two from Harry. If that is true, it would foreshadow the fact that Harry is a horcrux, which would be pretty cool.
Can anybody confirm that?
(In the 'Order of the Phoenix' movie it was definitely only one stream of 'soul' coming from Harry.)
I just rewatched this part and it's true! One dementor starts sucking a stream out of Harry, and a split-second later another dementor sucks a second stream from him. Two streams at once! *chills*

Old July 25th, 2007, 5:39 am
Third Year

I too thought the Snape protecting Harry was a BIG clue to his character in the movie. I had noticed that, in the movies, Snape is much less nasty to Harry and the trio in general then he is in the books, and that always made me wonder what JKR told Rickman specifically about Snape's character. Now, I would say, it's a safe bet to say that Jo probably told him that Snape was in love with Lilly. Hence why Rickman doesn't act quite as nasty as the book Snape.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&i tem=170269184909

YOU'RE GOING TO END UP LIVING OFF A STEADY DIET OF GOVERNMENT IMPORTED CHEESE, AND LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.
Old July 25th, 2007, 5:58 am
First Year

2 dementors where sucking 2 different streams yes, but I dont think that the stream is the soul its self, because the dementor that was kissing Sirius sucked out the stream and then a little blue ball of light that was the soul. So I think there were 2 streams coming from Harry just because there were 2 dementors, and if they hadnt stop they would have sucked out just one soul. It could still be foreshadowing giving people the impression that Harry had 2 souls or something.

Old July 25th, 2007, 6:18 am
First Year

when hermione says "wonderful day isnt it" and ron goes......."yea wonderful if youve bin torn to pieces".......this hinted horcruxes

Old July 25th, 2007, 6:18 am
First Year

I beleave the movies played a big part in how the final 3/4 books were written. I 100% beleave the story would have been different if there had not been a movie until after the last book came out.

Old July 25th, 2007, 6:23 am
Third Year

It's most definitely the scene on the bridge. Lupin spoke so fondly of Lily seeing the best in people. Everyone hated Snivellus...I mean Severus, and Lily was the only one who treated him like a human being. She treated him almost as a brother, and he loved her more than she ever could have known. She definitely saw the best in him, where James and Sirius did not.

Old July 25th, 2007, 6:37 am
Seventh Year

Wow. Some of the posts here are incredible. I didn't pick on such brilliant little details.

Old July 25th, 2007, 7:06 am
Second Year

Lupin talking about Lily seeing the best in everyone is the most obvious to me. It foreshadows her good nature and taking up for people (OotP in Snape's Pensieve) and also her trust (friendship wiht Snape)

Old July 26th, 2007, 6:17 pm
Second Year

When Hermionie and Harry go back in time and they are watching sirius and Harry talk dosnt Harry say something like 'when this is all over we will be a proper family again' Of course he is talking about sirius but he says it to Hermionie then him and Hermionie do end up as a family as their spouses are siblings.

Last edited by Melonhead; July 26th, 2007 at 6:20 pm.
Old July 26th, 2007, 7:08 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
Lupin talking about how Lily could see the best in people even when they couldn't see it in themselves (Snape)
You beat me to it, lol. After reading Book 5, this quote certainly stood out to me when viewing the PoA movie.

Pottermore Profile:
OwlPurple114
House: Ravenclaw
Wand Specifics: 12 1/4 in...Cedar...Phoenix Feather...Unbending

Proud Member of the House of Ravenclaw
Old July 26th, 2007, 8:03 pm
First Year

regarding Ron and Hermione, When the three of them are "watching" buckbeack get killed, and they hear the thunk of the axe, Hermione is standing between Ron and Harry, she starts to cry and turns to Ron and not Harry. I thought this was a clear indication that Hermione and Ron would end up together. I think at the time there were still a lot of people thinking otherwise.

Old July 28th, 2007, 4:04 am
Third Year

I think that the "chills" Jk got was with Lupin's comment about Lily and the "astronomy tower" line

Old July 28th, 2007, 4:30 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang25 View Post
Lupin talking about Lily seeing the best in everyone is the most obvious to me. It foreshadows her good nature and taking up for people (OotP in Snape's Pensieve) and also her trust (friendship wiht Snape)
I never remembered this convo until I came here on the forums... that's pretty brilliant! I'll need to watch that movie again to hear it

Here lies Dobby, a free elf.

"That wand's more trouble than it's worth, and quite honestly, I've had enough trouble for a lifetime."
Old July 28th, 2007, 4:58 am
Second Year

Would it be correct to say PoA is the only book where Voldemort is not directly involved?

Old July 28th, 2007, 5:09 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledoreswand View Post
Would it be correct to say PoA is the only book where Voldemort is not directly involved?
Yes, I think that's true.

I don't think Jo could have been referring to Lupin saying that Lily saw the best in people as we never thought she didn't. It had to be something that would astonish us when it came up so that we said, "Hang on, wasn't that in the PoA movie?" So I'm inclined to think it was the Astronomy Tower remark. That was definitely a shock when it happened.

Albus Dumbledore, HBP
Old July 28th, 2007, 2:22 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvHP_001 View Post
Wow. Some of the posts here are incredible. I didn't pick on such brilliant little details.
Personally I think some of them are a bit ridiculous. I hardly think even Jo would have picked up on the "multiple streams" thing with the Dementors. Not to sound cynical, but it was probably just Lupin's words about Lily and Snape's protecting that made her shiver. Things like Snape in the Shrieking Shack foreshadowing his death are coincidental I reckon.

Though it is always nice to hear how closely people pay attention to detail.

Old July 28th, 2007, 3:06 pm
First Year

The foreshadowing I see in the POA film I think was when Lupin and Harry talking and Lupin said that Harry's has Lily's eyes and that Lupin knows Lily and he said something like "Oh yes, I know Lily. She has been there for me when no one else will."

I think this foreshadows the Snape-Lily friendship and the Snape-loved-Lily theory.

I didn't get the other foreshadow though.

Old July 28th, 2007, 4:29 pm
First Year

In POA, Harry has the number "7" on his Quidditch robes. 7th Horcrux anyone?

Especially since Dumbledore said Harry was the 7th Horcurx, the one Voldemort never intended to create. (6 Horcurx's would have split Voldemorts soul 7 times, and 7 being the most powerful number.) And as it was, Harry was the most powerful Horcurx. (let's just gloss over the fact that the Harry-crux was actually created before the Nagini-crux. LOL - it fits my theory better.)

I'm pretty sure POA is the only movie where the players have numbers on their game robes.

And I need to pull the movie and compare it with the book - but MAYBE the conversation between Harry and Sirius is the one. At the end, as they are getting ready to part ways. Sirius comments about how the ones we love never truley leave us. We can always find them in our hearts.

In my memory of the POA movie, sounds like foreshadowing of The Forest Again walk.

Last edited by Atma; July 28th, 2007 at 5:12 pm. Reason: Another thought

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies