Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Prisoner of Azkaban movie clues

Old July 28th, 2007, 6:36 pm
First Year

Re: Prisoner of Azkaban movie clues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWhizzbee View Post
Possibly Lupin talking about Lily always seeing the best in people as foreshadowing of her friendship with Snape.

I haven't checked it yet (haven't got the DVD here), but somebody said that when the Dementors start sucking Harry's and Sirius's souls out, there is one stream coming from Sirius but two from Harry. If that is true, it would foreshadow the fact that Harry is a horcrux, which would be pretty cool.
Can anybody confirm that?
(In the 'Order of the Phoenix' movie it was definitely only one stream of 'soul' coming from Harry.)
Yay that was me. And somebody shot down my theory by saying that JKR said Harry wasnt a Horcrux. But he lied and I win!!!!!! HA HA HA!!!

Old July 28th, 2007, 7:49 pm
First Year

I had always understood Jo to have said Curon put something in the PoA movie that foreshadowed book SIX (not seven). And the part that I took that to be was when Buckbeak protected the trio from Lupin's werewolf. That wasn't in the book and there was a scene in HBP where Buckbeak (now Witherwings) swooped in to save the trio from DE's.

I don't remember Jo saying anything about Movie 4 foreshadowing Book 7. Just book 6. But I may be wrong.

Old July 29th, 2007, 4:52 am
First Year

http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/...today-puig.htm

(Quote):
Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling says that Alfonso Cuaron, who directed The Prisoner of Azkaban, which opens next Friday, inadvertently foreshadowed events that will happen in books six and seven, which she has yet to complete.

"I really got goose bumps when I saw a couple of those things, and I thought, people are going to look back on the film and think that those were put in deliberately as clues,"

So, it was foreshadowing six AND seven that Jo saw in the movie.

Old July 29th, 2007, 5:36 am
First Year

Last edited by DARKastheRAIN; July 29th, 2007 at 5:38 am.
Old July 29th, 2007, 5:41 am
Third Year

Now that I think about it, there was Hermione grabbing Ron's hand when Buckbeak got a little too loud, Lupin repeatedly saying Harry had Lily's eyes, and Snape protecting Harry from Werewolf Lupin. Then again, I think Snape understood from his agreement with Dumbledore the night he became double agent, that it wouldn't just be one time he had to save Harry's butt, but for as long as Harry needed him to, since it was him that caused Lily and James to leave earlier than expected. I really can't think of any other comparisons. Oh, I have one, they were in the Shrieking Shack when Pettigrew was exposed as an Animangus by Sirius. Snape came to intervene. That also happened to be the last place Snape was alive. I can't remember if you could see the grill on the wall that Harry and crew were hiding in.....can you? I don't have the movie near me....

Old July 29th, 2007, 5:59 am
First Year

I can see how Snape protecting Harry could be seen as a foreshadowing, but Snape is also a teacher. As a teacher I would protect my students for anthing that could harm them, even the ones I might not be too fond of. I think that Snape was reacting more as a teacher. He was protecting all three of them, not just Harry.

Old July 29th, 2007, 6:10 am
Fourth Year

... I think it was some Ron/Hermione stuff ^^;;

When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.
Old July 29th, 2007, 6:34 am
Third Year

the person before who said the number seven on Harry's back. WOW. Like the seventh Horcrux. He is a marked man. Oh my... you have skills young one..

DO YOU JUST LOVE LUPIN AND TONKS?
DO YOU THINK THAT THEY WILL BREAK UP?
ARE YOU A SNAPE FAN?

IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO THESE QUESTIONS, CHANCES ARE YOU WILL LOVE MY FAN FICTION CALLED THE BOARDING HOUSE.

READ IT HERE.
Old July 29th, 2007, 8:15 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofMuffins View Post
the foreshadowing is Fred/George (can't remember) saying "You wouldn't look so good if you fell off of the Astronomy tower either..." (Dumbledore fell off of the astronomy tower)
That one, plus Buckbeak saving Harry (from Lupin in PoA movie, and from Snape in HBP) and .... don't remember the last one.

Though, does the whole graveyard thing count? I Don't remember Jo's exact words when she was talking about the foreshadowing

It would be really great if I met a Fundamentalist Christian, to say, would you like to discuss the matter with Hagrid? - JKR
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:40 am
Fourth Year

I just put this question in the online chat submission. Hopefully she'll answer it on monday!

Old July 29th, 2007, 5:14 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonmili View Post
the person before who said the number seven on Harry's back. WOW. Like the seventh Horcrux. He is a marked man. Oh my... you have skills young one..

Thank you. At 48, not many people call me "young one" anymore.

I don't think the Hr/R relationship was the foreshadowing. When the POA movie was released, OOTP book was already out. And I think most of us older and more life experienced readers already knew the Hr/R ship was hung up in an adolescent phase.

Old July 29th, 2007, 11:59 pm
First Year

I'm pretty sure the foreshadowing that happened in PoA was Snape protecting Harry. I reread that part of the book as well as that part in the movie. In the book, Snape doesn't regain conscienceness until after Harry and Hermione fight dementors.

In the movie, he gets up and his first words are something like, "There you are, Potter..." The thing is, he says it with his usual venom, but with a bit of concern as well. As soon as he sees Lupin, he goes to guard Harry. When Harry races after Sirius, Snape tries to stop him. I think this definately was what JKR was refering to.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity."
~Some famous dead guy
"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."
~Edgar Allen Poe
Old July 30th, 2007, 12:44 am
First Year

Just on a side note to the whole "two streams of souls" thing with Harry. I wonder what would have happened to the horcrux if a dementor actually got to him?

Old July 30th, 2007, 12:51 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
Just on a side note to the whole "two streams of souls" thing with Harry. I wonder what would have happened to the horcrux if a dementor actually got to him?
That's what I've been wondering also!

Would it have sucked out the most tainted soul (the Horcrux) or the purer one of Harry's, or both? Just what would have happened had the Dementor's got Harry any any point throughout the series is what I'm interested to think about and learn too.

Old July 30th, 2007, 12:54 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Ron/Hermione was definalty major forshadowing. Also the discussion between Lupin and Harry on the bridge the one about his mothers eyes and seeing good in people who couldnt see good in themselves. Could this have been talking about Snape as well? Also did Snape not escape out the window when McGonigal had him cornered, it seemed as if he was flying, there was a scene where there were bats could he be an animagus bat? Or did he just learn to fly? i dont know what else really.

Elizebeth: Barbosa marry us.
(best movie scene ever!)

"

Will Turner: "It depends on the one day.
Old July 30th, 2007, 1:16 am
First Year

My guess is that Snape jumped and threw a cushion charm to soften the fall.

I think there are a couple of good guesses. I hadn't read the last book when I last watched PoA, but I will re-watch it asap and take notes. I do believe that the Quidditch-7 was a foreshadow (very well spotted!), and possibly the echoing suggestion of the balcony comment, The Astronomy tower comments made me cringe...

Old July 30th, 2007, 1:48 am
First Year

I am going to watch the movie right to try and find some more foreshadowing.. Probably, I won't. But I am going to try.. lol.

Old July 30th, 2007, 3:22 am
Fifth Year

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Harry's first patronus. In the book, the happy memory was when he found out he was a wizard. In the movie, he said he was thinking of his parents talking to him.

"I was thinking of him... and Mum. Seeing their faces. They were talking to me, just talking. That's the memory I chose. I don't even know if it's real. But it's the best I have."

Old July 30th, 2007, 4:10 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalguy View Post
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Harry's first patronus. In the book, the happy memory was when he found out he was a wizard. In the movie, he said he was thinking of his parents talking to him.

"I was thinking of him... and Mum. Seeing their faces. They were talking to me, just talking. That's the memory I chose. I don't even know if it's real. But it's the best I have."
Yeah, but what is that foreshadowing?

Old July 30th, 2007, 4:22 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by braulio1670 View Post
Yeah, but what is that foreshadowing?
Not sure, but it is a difference between the two versions that I thought was significant enough to mention. I may find something when I reread DH.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies