Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Your Personal DH Soundtrack

Old July 25th, 2007, 3:21 am
Third Year

Re: Your Personal DH Soundtrack

Would it be very silly if I heard the Pokemon battle music during the final battle? I heard it when they were circling each other, and grinned.

The other definitive song I heard was "Only One" by Yellowcard. Yes it's wholly melodramatic, but it works well with the Ron abandonment-Hermione being tortured sort of sequence. I guess that part of the story is pretty melodramatic too:

Broken this fragile thing now
And I can't, I can't pick up the pieces
And I've thrown my words all around
But I can't, I can't give you a reason
I feel so broken up (so broken up)
And I give up (I give up)
I just want to tell you so you know

(Chorus)
Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you
You are my only one
I let go, but there's just no one that gets me like you do
You are my only, my only one

Made my mistakes, let you down
And I can't, I can't hold on for too long
Ran my whole life in the ground
And I can't, I can't get up when you're gone

And something's breaking up (breaking up)
I feel like giving up (like giving up)
I won't walk out until you know

(Chorus)
You are my only one
You are my only my only one

(Music Intro)

Here i go
so dishonestly leave a note
for you my only one
and i know
you can see right through me
so let me go
and you will find someone

You are my only one
I let go, there's just no one...no one like you
My only one(x3)

Yeah - melodramatic, but I think it summed it up pretty well.

One door, one key, one idea...one big mess.
The Phenomenon Begins
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2007, 3:25 am
Third Year

The theme song for the entire book for me is War All the Time by Thursday. You can hear it here.

For the epilogue, and all of the scenes where Harry feels lonely, I thought of Homeward Bound by Simon and Garfunkel. You can hear it here.

For the scene where Harry is looking at all the dead bodies of his loved ones, I thought of Standing on the Edge of Summer by Thursday. You can hear it here. The singer is singing about his grandma on her death bed and how it's hard to lose a loved one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenielou View Post
I was listening to Damien Rice's "The Blower's Daughter" after finishing DH and that really reminded me of The Prince's Tale. I'm not even entirely sure why
O is such a great album, that song is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiditchwitch View Post
Would it be very silly if I heard the Pokemon battle music during the final battle? I heard it when they were circling each other, and grinned.

The other definitive song I heard was "Only One" by Yellowcard. Yes it's wholly melodramatic, but it works well with the Ron abandonment-Hermione being tortured sort of sequence. I guess that part of the story is pretty melodramatic too:

Broken this fragile thing now
And I can't, I can't pick up the pieces
And I've thrown my words all around
But I can't, I can't give you a reason
I feel so broken up (so broken up)
And I give up (I give up)
I just want to tell you so you know

(Chorus)
You are my only one
You are my only, my only one

Made my mistakes, let you down
And I can't, I can't hold on for too long
Ran my whole life in the ground
And I can't, I can't get up when you're gone

And something's breaking up (breaking up)
I feel like giving up (like giving up)
I won't walk out until you know

(Chorus)
You are my only one

(Music Intro)

Here i go
so dishonestly leave a note
for you my only one
and i know
you can see right through me
so let me go
and you will find someone

You are my only one
I let go, there's just no one...no one like you
My only one(x3)

Yeah - melodramatic, but I think it summed it up pretty well.
YES! I totally thought of that too. It fits so perfect. The song really fits the entire Ron/Hermione relationship.

Last edited by Sub Zero; July 25th, 2007 at 3:46 am.
Old July 25th, 2007, 3:56 am
First Year

One song that immediately popped into my head upon learning about Snapes love for Lily was Savin' Me by Nickelback Here are the lyrics:

http://www.lyricsmine.com/lyrics/366...back/Saving_Me

I'm sure other songs were going through my mind as I read, but I don't really recall specifically what they were because I always have some kind of song going through my head. I'll come back to this thread as I'm reading the book again...

Old July 25th, 2007, 4:22 am
First Year

I got a bit confused with my RJA songs, I was thinking more of "Misery Loves Its Company" as far as the Ministry, especially after the way they acted in the 5th book.

"There is a problem here with our society
The absence of my tears is my sobriety
I have a growing fear and you're not helping me
Am I the only one who realizes it's true?

Beat but I'm not broken
Guide me through with your hand,
Lead with your words spoken
Show me how to listen

You're persecuting me, showing hypocrisy
I have a remedy for your insecurity
It's all the same, sadly
Nobody works for free
Am I the only one who realizes it's true"

"Justify" is more my Voldemort song.

Old July 25th, 2007, 4:23 am
Sixth Year

In Responce to others here

I am trying to listen and offer feedback on other songs people have posted. I'm liking listening to these, some I have heard some I haven't. It is good to hear some music I haven't heard before, some of it isn't really my style but that's ok.

Wheel in the sky-Journey
A good song for Snape as he loses Lily but gets involved with the Death Eaters and doesn't know where he will end up.

Pins and Needles by Billy Talent
I don't know that Snape was walking on Pins and Needles around Lily. Maybe he was. He loved her so he wasn't trying to make her mad. But he was also trying to impress his death eater friends. So I guess whatever he did to step over the line with her, whether it was calling her a Mudblood or something else, she didn't forgive him.

Surrender by Billy Talent
This one reminds me of when Snape is trying to appologize to Lily and is threatening to sleep outside of the Portrait of the Fat Lady. She comes out and but she will not listen to him. He knows she is inside, but there is literally a brick wall between them now.

When You Love Someone by Bryan Adams
I think Snape would have done anything for Lily, if he was sure she loved him in return. She tried to help him, to lead him in the right direction, but he didn't listen, and joined the death eaters. But if he had told her he loved her, and if she had told him she loved him, maybe it would have made a difference. Maybe then he would have changed, because he loved her and was sure she loved him.

And Harry loves people, he risks it all and sacrifices it all, out of love. Even people he hates, he doesn't enjoy watching them die. He even gave Voldemort a chance to feel remorse, although he knew it wasn't going to happen.

I Grieve by Peter Gabriel
Oh this is a sad one. But I think people need to grieve their losses. And everyone does this in their own way. It isn't good to turn to revenge or to be cruel to others. Nothing can bring back the dead, but being a jerk to others isn't nice. When grieving it is good to be around friends and people you can talk to remember the good things about the person you have lost, I think.

To Be Loved by Papa Roach
I'm listening to the lyrics on this one. I think the type of "love" referred to in this song is more of a respect/worship type of love. It works better for Voldemort. He wants domination and submission. He wants to be "loved" in the worst sense of the word.

The Blower's Daugher
Gosh this is a sad song.
I am not sure who a Blower's daugher is, though, or why she says you'll forget the breeze most of the time. Maybe if you live with something so much, you forget it after a while. Or maybe if you live without it, you forget it. I don't know. If you live with the breeze blowing on you all the time, you forget it is there almost because you are so used it blowing on you. You never notice it, until it is gone, I guess. Maybe if you live with pain you learn to adjust to it until you don't feel it as much anymore.

30/30 - 150 by Stone Sour
Well, a good battle song. This is where begins and this is where it ends!

Going Home" by Libera
I can't find a video of this. I'd listen to it, if there were one. Maybe I spelled something wrong?

Aqualung's "Strange and Beautiful"
Oh this really does remind me of Snape. Waiting forever for Lily, coming in last. I'd never heard this song before, but I like it.

[b]'Sie sieht mich einfach nicht'[/B}

I didn't understand a word of it, But very pretty.

Steve Hackett's "Voyage of the Acolyte"
I was able to find a flutey song on Youtube. Very pretty one. It reminds me of Luna dancing in her sunny yellow dress robes and of all the growing plants at her house, like the dirigiable plums. There is a magical quality to this song, it reminds me of a flying creature, maybe flying on that poor blind dragon. I wonder what happened to it. It was finally free after all those years! Maybe it found the fountain of youth and took a nice long drink. I hope so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fq245dC6wQ

Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey
They play this on the radio all the time where I live. I never really listened to the lyrics and though of Harry Potter, but it does remind me of the epilogue, all those young people getting on the train, meeting each other for first time and falling in young love.

Radiohead's "Exit Music"
Aww this is so sad. Good song for a death of Lupin and Tonks, together in peace and there is nothing anyone can do to them now.

final countdown by europe
I like this, I don't know, it seems to upbeat for when Harry faces Voldemort to "die" but it is a good one for when he faces him the second time and is so sure there is nothing Voldemort can do to him. I mean, he already knows he has won. So a good song for that part.

Only One" by Yellowcard
Snape didn't want to kill Dumbledore. He didn't want to split his soul. He had to show remorse in the end. Harry was the only one he could show remorse to. He had to tell Harry. He was broken and he wanted to be whole as he died and Harry was the only one he could seek that from.

This also reminds me of Ron trying to scream at Hermione and Harry but they couldn't hear him because of the enchantments around their camp. He was following them and trying to get back to them, and he saved Harry, so that is all that matters.

Homeward Bound by Simon and Garfunkel
If they weren't talking about one night stands..cigarettes and Magazines and stuff like that, it would be an ok song, I guess. But it doesn't really remind of Harry.

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!
Or face the wrath of the four-legged duckling of dooooom!

Severus Snape= Pauses Nerves
Deathly Hallows= The old hallways
Old July 25th, 2007, 4:49 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidney Pie View Post
Homeward Bound by Simon and Garfunkel
If they weren't talking about one night stands..cigarettes and Magazines and stuff like that, it would be an ok song, I guess. But it doesn't really remind of Harry.
I didn't really mean the lyrics, I just meant the chorus. I know the lyrics don't fit at all, but the chorus about how everything is great at home, despite the sordid world we have around us. Home is a key motif in the stories. Hogwarts is a home to many people in the story (specifically Harry and Voldemort). It's the one place they feel safe, and when I thought of the epilogue how Harry's children will be going to Hogwarts, it's just the first thing that came to my mind.

Old July 25th, 2007, 4:52 am
Second Year

"Something Wicked" - British Sea Power
"The Black Parade" - MCR
"Take Me Out" - Franz Ferdinand
"I Will Follow You Into the Dark" - Death Cab for Cutie
"What Katie Did" - The Libertines

Gloucester Cathedral cloisters (pict. taken Oct. 2006)
Old July 25th, 2007, 4:59 am
Third Year

I guess "Let Love In" by Goo Goo Dolls can kinda sum up the whole series. All we have to do is let love in, and maybe there would be less evil.

Song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=z6kwxKDGeT0
Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/lyrics/21...ls/Let_Love_In

Hahaha, "This is To Fire" by The Graduate doesn't really apply to the theme, but the lyrics are something I bet Harry would say, "God damn, it's great to be alive." Some of you may have heard it. I guess you can call the Anthem of the DA. It's sung in the "we" form, it's talking about a group of people.

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.ph...22107858626900

Another song I thought of was "We're So Far Away" by Mae for Ron and Hermione's relationship. Especially when he says "when the night came down and swept us away" I pictured Ron lifting Hermione off her feet. It's a really beautiful song.

Song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2rGJH5bHAs0 (ignore the video, just listen to the song)
Lyrics: http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/mae/weresofaraway.html

The song "In Too Far" by Acceptance is about a girl I think, but the chorus fits perfectly to Regulus Black's story, how got into the Death Eater ring too far and tried to get out.

I’ve been thinking, take me now, I’m in too far
Can’t stop feeling, doesn’t matter who you are
This could be my last goodbye
You could stay, I’ll be alright
I’ve been thinking, take me now, I’m in too far

Last edited by Sub Zero; July 25th, 2007 at 5:16 am.
Old July 25th, 2007, 5:04 am
Second Year

More yay!
Bother by Stone Sour makes me think of Snape and how he kinda gave it all up to join his Death Eater pals, and the regret that follows in the future. Here's a particularily strong part:
"Wish I was too dead to care
If indeed I cared at all
Never had a voice to protest
So you fed me *bleep* to digest
I wish I had a reason;
my flaws are open season
For this, I gave up trying
One good turn deserves my dying "

#1 Crush by Garbage makes me think of Bellatrix and her blind devotion and obsession with Voldy. It's very disturbing... this song isn't one hundred percent dead on, but all the oaths taken in this song just scream Bellatrix to me...

Hahaha couldn't resist... Hair of the Dog by Nazareth. From the point of Molly to Bellatrix... suits her attitude perfectly when Bellatrix goes after Ginny...

Renegade by Styx fits for Harry Ron and Hermione all on the run from pretty much everyone. Fits very well for the final battle at Hogwarts.

Open Arms by Journey is for Ginny and Harry in the future.

Fly by Celine Dion. Probably the saddest song I've ever heard. Partly for personal reasons, but anyways. Makes me think of Ariana and how Aberforth and Dumbledore might have felt when she died.

Far Away by Nickelback can apply to both Ron and Hermione or Ginny and Harry depending on how you look at it.

When reading The Forest Again, I thought of Stand My Ground by Within Temption and the fact that Harry had resigned himself to what was to come.

Roadside by Rise Against suits Snape and any regret he has for screwing thing up in his life and with Lily. Makes me very sad ):

Memories by Within Temptation suits Harry and the strength he gets from the love he has for those who are dead. All of his memories keeps them near. (:

Immortal by Adema suits Voldy in The Forest Again and his absolute confidence that he can't die. Fun.

Grace Kelly by Mika although I LOATHE the song makes me think of Ron and his complete cluelessness and insecurity about how Hermione feels about him.

Drag The Waters by Pantera suits how the world turns when Voldemort gains control.

Old July 25th, 2007, 5:09 am
Sixth Year

I'll be back tomorrow maybe, and I'll try to listen to some more of these and offer my feedback.

Yeah I do like the chorus of Homeward bound. That is the ok part.

And I forgot who suggested that
Metallica's Unforgiven is Snape's song, but yeah, It really IS his song. It reminds me so much of him!
I'm not really into people who scream when they sing, as I have a hard time understanding what they are saying. If you do too, then look up the lyrics for it.

Me and my friend used to like this song, because of the weird music video for it. Isn't the one where the kid makes a hole and climbs into it, and writes on the wall with his own blood? And then he can't get out of the hole he made for himself? I can't remember. I remember one song had a weird music video and we'd watch it over and over, but I never really listened to the words, because I was trying to understand what was happening in the weird music video.

I never really understood the song, but I am giving it another chance now.

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!
Or face the wrath of the four-legged duckling of dooooom!

Severus Snape= Pauses Nerves
Deathly Hallows= The old hallways

Last edited by Kidney Pie; July 25th, 2007 at 5:17 am.
Old July 25th, 2007, 5:10 am
First Year

"London Calling" - The Clash
"Rock the Casbah" - The Clash
"The Fragile" - Nine Inch Nails
"Beauty and The Beast" - David Bowie
"Scary Monsters(and super creeps" -David Bowie

Old July 25th, 2007, 5:21 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4music View Post
What I heard in my head while reading "The Forest Again" was Levi Weaver's Del Cielo. Its written from the point of view of one who has passed on speaking speaking to a loved one who is still alive. For those who are interested you can hear it here http://www.myspace.com/leviweaver and the lyrics:
i'll be waiting to meet you
i'll be the first one to greet you
and i'll sing a jubilant song 'cause you're home
i've been waiting so long

right now it seems like forever
but try now, try to remember
the times, now, that we had together
...for me
'cause i can't bear to see you cry

and i'm sorry that i can't be there to see you through
but i hope you hear me say 'i love you'
and i'll see you again ...someday

love is so much more than emotion
my love lives with undying devotion
so don't give into the notion i'm gone
i've only gone home

i miss you when we're apart but
i'm with you - you're not forgotten
i've been here watching you all along
cheering you on til that final day

and i'm sorry that you can't see me like i see you
and i'll see you again...

i'm home - home where i've always wanted to be
i hope you're happy for me
i'm free - free from the burdens that troubled me there
it's so wonderful here
and i've seen so many things i could never describe in a day
and oh by the way...

...i eagerly wait
til i see you again...

...someday.
Just listened to that, it's perfect! Kinda made me sniffle, thanks for the link!

Old July 25th, 2007, 5:51 am
Master of Divination

This is pretty random, and it wasn't stuck in my head for the entire book or anything (thank goodness), but when I read the name "Beedle" I remembered a character of the same name from a Legend of Zelda video game, and consequently got one of the theme songs to that stuck in my head...completely unrelated to Harry Potter at all. Luckily that didn't last long...I haven't played that game in months, maybe even years...

Old July 25th, 2007, 6:45 am
Third Year

Several Ways to Die Trying - Dashboard Confessional

This would be good for the trio in their seemingly endless search for Horcruxes while they are camping, running, hiding, wanted, etc. The part about the lies reminds me of the Ministry switching hands.

Here are the lyrics (I know that it couldn't be 'pacific sun' if they are traveling Europe but whatever . . .):

Pacific sun, you should have warned us, it gets so cold here.
And the night can freeze before you set it on fire.
And our flares go unnoticed.
Diminished, faded just as soon as they are fired.

We are, we are, intrigued. We are, we are, invisible.

Oh, how we've shouted, how we've screamed,
Take notice, take interest, take me with you.
But all our fears fall on deaf ears tonight.

They're burning the roads they built to lead us to the light.
And blinding our hearts with their shining lies,
While closing our caskets cold and tight ... But I'm dying to live.

Pacific sun, you should have warned us, these heights are dizzying,
And the climb can kill you long before the fall.
And our trails go unmarked and unmapped and
Covered just as soon as they are crossed.

We are, we are, intriguing. We are, we are, desirable.

Oh how we've shouted, how we've screamed,
take notice, take interest, take me with you.

Oh how we've shouted, how we've screamed,
take notice, take interest, take me with you.

I must learn to love the fool in me: the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries.

Read Love, Loss, and Devotion And also read Journey to Peace by Secunda

Rising Above the Rivalry (A Feud of the Past Must Come to an End . . . )

Last edited by magical4life; July 25th, 2007 at 6:49 am.
Old July 25th, 2007, 6:54 am
Seventh Year

While I was reading, there was like three songs that would keep coming back and getting stuck in my head that I couldn't concentrate on the book. It was really frustrating.

Old July 25th, 2007, 7:03 am
First Year

Great thread because I had a definite song stuck in my head when Harry Used the ressurection stone before entering the forest. It's from a favorite show of mine called Spring awakening. The song name is "Those You've Known." I felt like it fit PERFECTLY. (Especially since in the show it is sung by a male ghost- Moritz, a female ghost- Wendela, and a living person- Melchior.)

I'm going to attempt to point out how may pieces of this song fit with the situation.

Quote:
MORITZ
Those you’ve known
And lost, still walk behind you
All alone
They linger till they find you

Without them
The world grows dark around you
And nothing is the same until you know that they have found you
This explains itself. The people Harry has lost still walk behind him guiding him through life. When they are gone Harry's world is dark, but once they have "found" him (or given signs that they are still guiding him) things start to become "normal" again.

Quote:
WENDLA
Those you’ve pained
May carry that still with them
All the same
They whisper: “All forgiven.”
This applies to Harry's situation with Lupin. Despite the fact that Harry helped Lupin in the long run, I still believe he was a little hurt by what was said. All the same, he forgave Harry.

Quote:
Still your heart says
The shadows bring the starlight
And everything you’ve ever been is still there in the dark night
Okay, this is another one. This is kinda like saying every cloud has a silver lining. In this case the shadows can be equated with Harry "having to die" and the starlight being Voldemort almost defeated.
Everything Harry's has ever been is there in the dark night. All of his courage, bravery, and ability to sacrifice are reaching a pinnacle in the "shadow."

Quote:
BOTH
When the northern wind blows
The sorrows your heart holds
There are those who still know –
They’re still home
We’re still home
When the time comes and Harry's heart is sorrowful the people Harry's lost are still with him, and because of that they are all, including Harry, home.

Quote:
MELCHIOR (Sung in Counterpart)
Though you know
You’ve left them far behind
You walk on by yourself, and not with them –

Still you know
They will fill your heart and mind
When they say there’s a way through this
Okay, this one is about as plain as it gets. Harry knows he's left those who have died far behind. Physically he is walking forward alone, but in his heart and mind he has an army of love and encouragement with him.

Quote:
MELCHIOR (Sung Alone)
Those you’ve known
And lost, still walk behind you
All alone
Their song still seems to find you

They call you
As if you knew their longing –
They whistle through the lonely wind, the long blue shadows falling
Part of this is a repeat, but the song that still seems to find Harry is the wisdom these people have emparted to him that still holds true. They call him and he knows they long for him to succeed. They whistle (which is an important word because a whistle is usually a happy tune) through the lonely wind. This means their encouragement (whistle) breaks through the darkness (the lonely wind.) They cast shadows, meaning they show that they are there physically, as in, Harry (even if it's just him) can see them.

Quote:
All alone
But still I hear their yearning
Through the dark, the moon, alone there, burning
The stars too
They tell of spring returning –
And summer with another wind that no one yet has known
Though Harry knows for all intents and purposes he is actually alone he can hear his dead friends and family. They are the shining sliver of hope (the moon and stars) in the darkness.
Spring returning is very important. Once Voldemort is defeated thing will be back to how they were before (hence the returning.) Spring is a happy time, and things were happy before, and so the time before can be refered to as spring. In spring things grow back and get new things appear. In summer, things prosper. Here it refers to a wind that will come in summer that no one yet has know. The wind is a new wave of acceptance of all magical people and races. This will only start to occur after evreything has been rebuilt and the damage has been fixed. This will occur in the stage of prospering, or, summer!

Quote:
They call me –
Through all things –
Night’s falling
But somehow I go on

You watch me
Just watch me –
I’m calling
From longing
He knows they're with him through all things. It is the darkest point in his life but somehow he goes on. Watch him be brave. He's calling for the world to stand up to people like Voldemort. He has gone from longing to live to accepting his fate.

Quote:
WENDLA & MORITZ
When the northern wind blows
The sorrows your heart’s known –
I believe…
His army of the dead believes the new wind will blow away the sorrows (discrimination and pain) his heart has known.

Quote:
MELCHIOR (Sung in Counterpart)
Still you know
There’s so much more to find –
Another dream, another love you’ll hold
Through defeating Voldemort he will find that he holds another dream and love. His dream will have been realized and the wizarding community will have greater love.

Quote:
Still you know
To trust your own true mind
On your way – you are not alone
There are those who still know
Harry has to trust his mind and do what is right but is not easy. He's not alone on his way to do it. There are those who still know the love of a true wizarding community, and they will be the ones to rebuild it.

Quote:
MELCHIOR (Sung Alone)
Now they’ll walk on my arm through the distant night
And I won’t let them stray from my heart
Through the wind, through the dark, through the winter light
I will read all their dreams to the stars

I’ll walk with them now
I’ll call on their names
I’ll see their thoughts are known

Not gone –
Not gone –
They walk with my heart –
I’ll never let them go

I’ll never let them go
I’ll never let them go
You watch me
Just watch me
I’m calling
I’m calling –
And one day all will know
This entire section pretty much says things that have already been said. In short they will guide him to his duty. He will keep them in his hear on his way because they are helping him. No matter what hits him he will make sure their dreams (which are his own) are realized. He'll walk with them and call on them to help him. He will make sure that he dies for their thoughts and causes. In doing so the thoughts and causes will be known. They're not gone. He's calling all of us and the entire wizarding community to realize that a worl without prejudice is beautiful. He knows one day this is something we all will know.

Old July 25th, 2007, 7:17 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outnitwit View Post
Just listened to that, it's perfect! Kinda made me sniffle, thanks for the link!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed it, I was fortunate enough to see Levi perform it live once and it was absolutely heart wrenching. Another song that kinda sums up my reaction to the series as a whole would be Imogen Heap's Can't Take it In. I know it was written for The Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack but it still feels appropriate, after all they are both stories about an epic battle between good and evil in a world filled with magic and wonder. You can see the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naO8TyQi0-8. You might want to just listen rather than watching the video the first time.

Old July 25th, 2007, 7:27 am
Second Year

Quote:
I'm so glad that you enjoyed it, I was fortunate enough to see Levi perform it live once and it was absolutely heart wrenching. Another song that kinda sums up my reaction to the series as a whole would be Imogen Heap's Can't Take it In. I know it was written for The Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack but it still feels appropriate, after all they are both stories about an epic battle between good and evil in a world filled with magic and wonder. You can see the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naO8TyQi0-8. You might want to just listen rather than watching the video the first time.
I love Imogen Heap- don't know that particular song though, thanks for the link!

Old July 25th, 2007, 7:32 am
Sixth Year

"Only This Moment" by Royksopp. I played it as I zoomed home from Hasting's, and since then I can't stop listening. The lyrics seem very fitting... take a look if you don't believe me!

Only this moment (Holds us together)
Close to perfection (Nothing else out there)
No one to guide us (Lost in my senses)
Deep down inside I know our love will die

Lost in confusion (Feelings are out there)
Scared of devotion (Doubting intentions)
Deep down inside I know our love will die

Stay or forever go
Play or you’ll never know
What heaven decided
You can’t deny it’s all you’ve been waiting for

Stay or forever go
Play or you’ll never know
Your spirit's divided
You will decide if I’m all you’ve been waiting for

Guilt in my head
Hath been parted by grace
by the voice of an angel
Revealing her face
And her words they make sense and I do understand,
Falling in love wasn't part of the plan
Forces within me, mix reason with lust
But I try to accept it and not make it worse
Cause I know I might lose you by taking the chance
But love without pain isn’t really romance

Close to perfection (Nothing is out there)
Always beside us (Trusting my senses)
Deep down inside (I know love will survive)

Close to perfection (Nothing else out there)
Always beside us (Trusting my senses)
Deep down inside I know love will survive

"CoS is in fact the seventh Horcrux. You've all been tricked by JK.
Harry has to kill this forum in order to be able to finally kill Voldemort.
He should be doing this in about 2 years time."

- Morgoth
Old July 25th, 2007, 7:40 am
First Year

Quote:
What I heard in my head while reading "The Forest Again" was Levi Weaver's Del Cielo. Its written from the point of view of one who has passed on speaking to a loved one who is still alive. For those who are interested you can hear it here http://www.myspace.com/leviweaver and the lyrics:
i'll be waiting to meet you
i'll be the first one to greet you
and i'll sing a jubilant song 'cause you're home
i've been waiting so long

right now it seems like forever
but try now, try to remember
the times, now, that we had together
...for me
'cause i can't bear to see you cry

and i'm sorry that i can't be there to see you through
and i'll see you again ...someday

love is so much more than emotion
my love lives with undying devotion
so don't give into the notion i'm gone
i've only gone home

i miss you when we're apart but
i'm with you - you're not forgotten
i've been here watching you all along
cheering you on til that final day

and i'm sorry that you can't see me like i see you
and i'll see you again...

i'm home - home where i've always wanted to be
i hope you're happy for me
i'm free - free from the burdens that troubled me there
it's so wonderful here
and i've seen so many things i could never describe in a day
and oh by the way...

...i eagerly wait
til i see you again...

...someday.

Thank you so much for the link. It's like that song was made for 'The Forest Again'

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives