Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall

Initials and Nicknames

Old September 1st, 2008, 2:14 am
First Year

Initials and Nicknames

You know how some people have weird initials that sometimes spell something or make up some weird nickname you're stuck with your whole life? Or those nicknames that people use which originate from your actual name or your middle/last name? Post them here!

I'm really bored so I started this thread and I didn't find anything related to it when I searched it but if there is something, just delete this thread! And you can move it if you need too.

Okay, I'll start off:
My initials are K.A.G and people like to call me Kaggy a lot, my first name being Katie, and it's ANNOYING. Also, my full name is Kathleen and people like to call me Kathy, even though it ****** me off as I strongly dislike that name (no offense to any Kathys). I always go by Katie, so people call me Kitty, which I don't mind really as long as they don't try to 'call me'.

go 'claws!
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2008, 4:35 pm
Third Year

Re: Initials and Nicknames

Well my names Gemma and my initials are GMR, if you say them all together at once it kind of sounds like my name lol!
Also i knew someone in school called Zoe Olivia Edmond, ZOE , her initials spelt her name.

Old September 1st, 2008, 4:43 pm
First Year

Whoa, that's so cool!

go 'claws!
Old September 3rd, 2008, 8:32 pm
Fifth Year

I went through a phase at school where most of the boys called me Jethro - I never really sussed out why.

After that (or perhaps overlapping) I aquired (sp? ) the nickname "JJ" (hence my username). I liked the nickname despite it's origins: there was a very unpopular boy in my tuto group whose surname was Juggins and because I was nice enough to talk civilly to him, and because he ended up fancying most girls, people soon latched onto the idea that we were together (which we weren't if that's not obvious, lol). So that soon became marriage and people started calling me variations of "Jess Jugs" - or JJ.

Mostly people call me Jess, but one of two boys still call me "Jess(y) Jugs", "Jess Finch" (that guy never calls me just Jess, it's always "Jess Finch") or very occasionally JJ.

My initials are JAF, so when I was little I used to think my nickname was Jaffacake, except no one ever called me that.

"Six years ter the day since we met, Harry, d'yeh remember it?"
"Vaguely...didn't you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig's tail and tell me I was a wizard?"
"I forge' the details."

Old September 3rd, 2008, 9:06 pm
Third Year

Ha Jaffacake! Thats funny.

There was a girl in my school that always used to get called Terry by this group of boys and she never knew why, and I found out it was because she was always loaded with fake tan, so they called her Terry like Terry's chocolate ORANGE. She never found out.

Old September 3rd, 2008, 9:19 pm
Fifth Year

That is soooooooooo cruel!!!

"Vaguely...didn't you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig's tail and tell me I was a wizard?"
"I forge' the details."

Old September 4th, 2008, 1:59 am
Defender of Dogs

My initials are BO. You can imagine what (good-natured) nicknames come from that.

Old September 4th, 2008, 3:34 am
Banned

My initals are T.O.W that spells tow as in you need a tow truck to tow your car away. I've never had a nickname based on my initials. I've been called TayTay my whole life by most of my family.

Old September 5th, 2008, 2:58 am
First Year

My initials are DOC lol. The only nick name ive ever had was sparky, my uncle calls me it, no idea why lol.

Old September 5th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Fifth Year

My initials are ETI. My godmother used to call me ET. Then my brother used to tell me that they found me in the shed and rolled a ball in and I rolled it back, etc, etc. That's really the only nickname I've ever had.

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Old September 5th, 2008, 10:52 pm
First Year

Quote:
My initials are JAF, so when I was little I used to think my nickname was Jaffacake, except no one ever called me that.
I would so call you Jaffacake except I would plural it. Jaffacakes, Jaffacakes.

Quote:
because she was always loaded with fake tan, so they called her Terry like Terry's chocolate ORANGE
Oh gees, I feel sorry for that girl because she never found out. But I don't so much because she wears fake tan. :barf:

Quote:
My initials are BO. You can imagine what (good-natured) nicknames come from that.
Oh lordy, I do feel bad for you.

Quote:
I've been called TayTay my whole life by most of my family.
That nickname is so cute! Every friend I've had that has the name Taylor, I've nicknamed TayTay or TatorTotts.

Quote:
The only nick name ive ever had was sparky, my uncle calls me it, no idea why lol.
Lol, Sparky? That's kind of a weird nickname.

Quote:
My initials are ETI. My godmother used to call me ET. Then my brother used to tell me that they found me in the shed and rolled a ball in and I rolled it back, etc, etc. That's really the only nickname I've ever had.
Oh my god, I laughed so hard at this! (no offense!)

There's this kid at my school and his name is Bhorat. I'm sure most of you have probably never seen Borat but seriously, he never gets rid of the jokes. Most of the time, he goes along with them and it's hilarious.

go 'claws!
Old September 6th, 2008, 1:57 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sllagnire View Post
Haha hilarious! Your family is mean

Old September 6th, 2008, 2:26 pm
Registered Animagus

My initials are SLM... nothing interesting there except that my little sister's initials are LSM- a total coincidence. My name is Sofie so of course I get called Sof a lot... Some of my interesting nicknames from highschool include Par-tay Ghost (a cartoon ghost I invented :P), Iggy (not sure where that came from) and Dr. Sofia. My boyfriend has lots of sweet names for me that would make most of you sick () and for some reason his mum calls me Flossy. Neither of us have any idea why...

Old September 6th, 2008, 3:29 pm
First Year

My initials are SK, even though I also have a middle name but I always pretend like I don't have one, so now I will do the same I don't think you can make anything funny out of SK.... Though if I had had a middle name that started with an O I would be SOK and that is Dutch for 'sock'. Which is weird

"C'est l'angoisse du temps qui passe qui nous fait tant parler du temps qu'il fait. Les critiques littéraires sont des cactus qui vivent de leurs piquants parmis les vautours qui vivent de leur plume."
- L'écrivain raté, 'Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain
Old September 6th, 2008, 3:51 pm
Fifth Year

A firefighter friend of mine and his wife had already picked out a name for their son before they realized he would have the initials CPR.

I believe in a hill called Mount Calvary.
Old September 6th, 2008, 5:18 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalguy View Post
A firefighter friend of mine and his wife had already picked out a name for their son before they realized he would have the initials CPR.

I've heard some unfortunate (or purposely cruel) names. Mum once knew someone who was going to call his daughter Britney, and when she said "oh, that's pretty" he looked at her really funnily and she was like "oh..." - his surname was Ferries. Brittney Ferries . And I'm sure Mum's told me there was a boy in my Granny's class at school called Donald Duck - that's just cruel.

"I forge' the details."

Old September 6th, 2008, 9:49 pm
First Year

Quote:
Iggy
But your name is Sofie.. Where would that come from, lol.

Quote:
Though if I had had a middle name that started with an O I would be SOK and that is Dutch for 'sock'. Which is weird
That would be funny. Then it would remind me of Artis the Partis from your fic and then I would nickname you Artis the Partis.

Quote:
Wow, that is quite hilarious.

Quote:
Donald Duck
Oh my, that is very cruel. But I could have quite some fun with that, if I wasn't such a nice person, lol.

There's this girl at my school who's named after the tallest mountains, Himalaya. But the thing is, she's tiny. She's like 5 feet tall, so when someone mentions the Himalayans I can't help but laugh.

go 'claws!
Old September 7th, 2008, 1:47 pm
First Year

My initials just spell MLM, which isn't really anything. My brother's spell "ERM", though, which is why I always say "Erm..." when he asks me a question

My nicknames vary. I'm most often called Beaver or Moshy Beaver, because on the way home from a London trip this year I started moshing with my weird sticky out teeth, and my friend (fondly known as MikiRat or TPP) calls me Beaver

My Mum calls me Gorgemouse and Maddi Moomin, and my Dad calls me his little Moomintroll because I used to love the show "The Moomins" and Maddi Moo used to be my nickname and then it became Moomin and Moomintroll. I love the nickname, though!

Pirates are all we can be!
Old September 7th, 2008, 8:36 pm
Rex's Mummy

My initials are KAK. I usd to say it spelled Cake when I was little, because I was jealous of my brother whose initials actually spelled a word, ARK. I have the same initials as my dad, totally by coincidence, though.

My name is Kim so I naturally get Kim Possible jokes all the time. My uncle called me Kimbertoes when I was little. I've also had KimKim, Kimbo, and Kimbop by friends.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old September 7th, 2008, 11:09 pm
Gwen's Auntie

My first and middle initials are AJ. My mom called me AJ for a very brief period of time when I was a baby. My most common nickname is Annie, which was my grandpa's baby sister's name. My other grandpa called me Ando Pando Bear for a long time.
I also worked for a dentist who nicknamed me Sneaker, because he said I was so unnaturally quiet that he'd think he was alone in the room, and look up, and realize I'd walked in and been standing next to him watching him work for a while. He used to say I need to tie bells to my shoes so he would know when I was coming in.

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton

Last edited by mac_attack; September 7th, 2008 at 11:12 pm.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Fun & Games > The Great Hall