Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Heroes v2

Old September 26th, 2007, 10:38 pm
She Who Walks Behind

Re: Heroes v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusLupinFan View Post
I forgot about that - that was kinda creepy. At first I thought it was a reflection of his inner self or something similar, but now I'm not so sure.
Like said first I thought that Peter (who burnt in the explosion) got in his mind like Jessica in Nikki's. But then I recognised that it's Nathan himself. Now I think that he is getting crazy and paranoid, because he thinks his brother is dead.

The End of the Dream.
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:02 pm
Curse Breaker

Without Peter, Nathan is lost. He knew it since the middle of Season 1--and almost no one believed him (including Peter). It's interesting to see Nathan's own assessment of himself borne out. Personally, I thought the reflection didn't look like Nathan. I thought it looked like a charred version of Peter (what Nathan thought Peter would look like after surviving that explosion or while he was going through it).

About West--I really enjoyed most aspects of Zach and it really feels like West covers the same ground but is not as appealing. The buzz is that West is supposed to be Claire's first serious boyfriend (as I said before), so if he's actually Peter's son...well, that's a horrifying thought (possibly beneath even the soaps to explore).

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:35 pm
First Year

I'm pretty sure I saw Claire and West kissing in the preview, so I don't think he'll be another Petrelli. I don't think NBC would go there.

I really want to know what the legacy Hiro's dad had to give him was and if it will somehow tie into the Kensei storyline. Hopefully Mr. Nakamura made arrangements in case of his death.

Old September 27th, 2007, 2:25 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
I wonder about Nathan's mirror image too. Do you think it's like a 2nd personality, like Nikki and Jessica?
My first thought was that he'd been horrifically burned in the explosion, but somehow was able to mask it, change his appearance like Candace could. I don't think that's it, though. For one thing, unless Peter's nuclear meltdown did something to him, I don't see how he could develop a new power like that, and also, you'd think he'd make himself look like his normal self, instead of himself with that bad beard.

I don't like West. He kinda seems like a jerk to me.

Old September 27th, 2007, 3:48 am
Fourth Year

I don't think what Nathan saw actually happened to him. But I don't know what was up with it. It was very creepy.

Old September 27th, 2007, 7:10 am
Curse Breaker

A couple of folks on this thread--including me, have speculated that what Nathan saw was his imagined image of what Peter would look like after being burned to a crisp in the explosion. It's not a full-on split personality like Nikki Sanders, or Candace's masking technique--it's a hallucination brought on by psychological trauma. By the way, I discovered that Candace is gone from Heroes because Missy Peregrym left to be The Girl on the CW series Reaper (the new Kevin Smith drama which has taken over the mantle of CW quality from Veronica Mars, Buffy, and Gilmore Girls).

Old September 28th, 2007, 12:08 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
I knew there was something up to that classmate of Claire.
That's what I thought too, he's seems to be trying to dig for information from her, and that he knows her from somewhere. I think that it could be that one friend that she had from her old school. I could be wrong though .

I got to see most of the episode on Nbc.com, but it was running rather slow, so I still haven't got to see the entire episode .

My first ship, Perry Mason and Della Street .

Credit goes to Viacom for the Perry Mason films, no copyright infringement intended.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X-Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Old September 28th, 2007, 6:13 pm
Seventh Year

OK, it seems that there's a general consensus that what Nathan saw was either an illusion or some kind of split-personality (like Niki had with her dead sister Jessica). I'm pretty sure it was definitely Peter's disfigured face reflected in the mirror.

I wonder how in the heck Peter lost his memory?! The Haitian, perhaps? And if so, what are they doing shipping him to Europe in a tanker? All very strange...

Watch the show Supernatural! It's the best show to grace the TV screen in years. I PROMISE!
Old September 28th, 2007, 6:33 pm
Ultimate Dog Lover

Hmm...the haitian would be a good bet as a reason for Peter's memory loss (although the massive trauma of the explosion could explain it, too), except didn't he die at the end of last season? That being said, is anyone every really dead in these series

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly."
Old September 28th, 2007, 7:17 pm
Seventh Year

No, I don't think the Haitian actually died. He was killed by Mohinder in the episode where they go 5 years into the future (after Peter has exploded and New York has been devastated and Syler is living as Nathan as President). In that timeline the Haitian is killed. But I don't think he's killed in the regular timeline. He disappears some time after Claire leaves him stuck at customs. We don't see him again after that.

I would suggest that memory loss due to the explosion is viable, except that Peter had his memory completely intact after the explosion 5 years in the future (as mentioned above). So unless they're playing around with the continuity (which they might well be), Peter should have his memory in spite of having gone nuclear.
My guess would be the Haitian. But again, it's just a guess. If it were the Haitian, he likely couldn't get his memory back... So maybe it's some other form of memory loss.

Watch the show Supernatural! It's the best show to grace the TV screen in years. I PROMISE!
Old September 28th, 2007, 9:39 pm
Curse Breaker

Why would the Haitian have died? Even in the future where Sylar is unstoppable, the Haitian was still around (at least at the beginning of the episode). There have been Superman, Lois & Clark, and Smallville episodes where Superman lost his memory due to intense trauma. Could the explosion in space have caused enough trauma that his memory got blanked out?

Old September 29th, 2007, 2:25 am
Ultimate Dog Lover

Probably because I'm old and my memory is going It's been months since the last season and I have the Haitian mixed up with someone else who died!!

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly."
Old September 29th, 2007, 4:46 am
Fourth Year

If you look again at that scene with Nathan seeing a burnt face in the mirror, it doesn't resemble Peter at all. It looks like Nathan's face.

I have no idea what it means, but I have a feeling we'll find out sooner or later.

Old September 29th, 2007, 4:57 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordmundt6
Without Peter, Nathan is lost. He knew it since the middle of Season 1--and almost no one believed him (including Peter). It's interesting to see Nathan's own assessment of himself borne out. Personally, I thought the reflection didn't look like Nathan. I thought it looked like a charred version of Peter (what Nathan thought Peter would look like after surviving that explosion or while he was going through it).
Interesting. My thought was either that's Nathan's last vision of Peter (maybe he let go of Peter before the final explosion to save himself & he's feeling guilty), or they somehow were fused into one person during the explosion.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old September 29th, 2007, 5:10 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzaranda View Post
If you look again at that scene with Nathan seeing a burnt face in the mirror, it doesn't resemble Peter at all. It looks like Nathan's face.

I have no idea what it means, but I have a feeling we'll find out sooner or later.
If it was himself that Nathan was seeing in the mirror, maybe it was just symbolic of how he views himself. He is grieving and suffering from guilt and loss, so maybe he subconsiously sees himself as something maimed and monstrous.

Old September 29th, 2007, 11:38 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
Why would the Haitian have died? Even in the future where Sylar is unstoppable, the Haitian was still around (at least at the beginning of the episode). There have been Superman, Lois & Clark, and Smallville episodes where Superman lost his memory due to intense trauma. Could the explosion in space have caused enough trauma that his memory got blanked out?
In the future that was 5 years in the future (with Hiro as a terrorist and Parkman rounding up the "special" people) Mohinder kills the Haitian by stabbing him in the back of the neck with a lethal injection that was meant to kill Hiro from the past.
So in that timeline the Haitian is killed.

But as far as I can tell, he isn't killed in any other timeline. So it's true, he should be alive for the current timeline.

And, as I said before, it's strange for the writers to imply that Peter would retain his memory after exploding in the alternate timeline (the one where Sylar was blamed for the explosion), but that he would lose his memory from the explosion in the current timeline. But maybe they're not too worried about being consistent. Maybe it was trauma and for some reason it wasn't traumatic enough when Peter killed all of New York...

I'll have to watch it again to see if I can suss out whose face seems to be reflected when Nathan looks in the mirror. I could have sworn it was Peter's. But then, I suppose it was ambiguous enough (with the intense burn scars) that it could have been meant to look like Peter when it was in fact Nathan all along.

Either way, I'm looking forward to finding out what the heck is going on there.

Old October 2nd, 2007, 3:04 am
Fifth Year

Lizards

Holy …! I cannot believe that Claire cut off her toe! That was sooo disgusting. (It reminded me of when Michael got two of his toes cut off on Prison Break).

I loved Claire’s line, “This is what I am!” It’s strange that she can use her power openly, in front of her mother (in the house, anyway).

Kensai can regenerate, like Claire! Does this mean he’s her ancestor? I wouldn’t doubt it. It’s very cool that Hiro acted as Kensai and saved the day. It was hilarious when he was talking about a name for the battle.

Ok, Milo was looking extra gorgeous tonight! (The water poured over the shirtless body certainly helped). I hope the bangs never return; he looks much more dapper with short hair.

The Haitian is back! That was awesome when he met HRG at the end. “Welcome to Copy Kingdom!” Go HRG!

Mama Petrelli’s attack was crazy. Who (or what) can be doing it? If it’s another hero, then they can control electricity and teleport, or at least become invisible.

Oh, and Maya! That was so creepy. But I can’t believe that Alejandro can help her; does he have a power, too, or is just a twin connection thing?

And we still have yet to see Niki/Jessica, DL, and Micah. Or Sylar! I wonder where everyone is?!

Ron and Hermione in Deathly Hallows

Dobby's large, pointed ears were now sticking out from beneath what looked like all the hats Hermione had ever knitted; he
was wearing one on top of the other, so that his head seemed elongated by two or three feet, and on the very topmost
bobble sat Hedwig, hooting serenely and obviously cured.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 4:03 am
Fourth Year

Best line of the episode, Hiro riding on the horse dressed as Kensai..."Ando is not going to believe this one." (or something like that!)

I think it's safe to assume that whoever killed Hiro's dad is the same perp who attacked mama Petrelli...so far, we know he, she, it can fly, go through solid objects, possibly be invisible and reek all kinds of havoc. Sounds Sylaresque.

Or maybe it's an unknown entity who was somehow responsible for the genetic mutations that created the Heroes in the first place and wants to destroy his,her, it's work.

But what the heck do I know?

Claire and the scissors and the toe....EEEEEWWWW! Naturally that nimrod West would be standing outside being a peeping tom again! They need to call the cops on that guy! LOL

West is like 2 feet taller than Claire, so it's going to be interesting when we see them kiss for the first time. Yuck!

I'm starting to get a suspicious feeling about HRG again...I think they made us trust him last season, but I'm wondering what he's really up to! Some of the previews look devious...but that could just be a ploy to get us to watch to find out what he's really about....Like Heroes fans need to be teased into watching. Ha! We are so hooked, you couldn't stop us even if you killed off all our favorite characters!!!!

Ok, that's a little extreme...but really!

Old October 2nd, 2007, 6:27 am
Curse Breaker

I can't believe Claire cut off her toe.....I actually had to close my eyes for a moment....eewww.

Love the Hiro thing with the Kensei legend, very entertaining.

Don't know what to think about the Maya thing....seems like they stole that from the X-Files.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old October 2nd, 2007, 7:22 am
Curse Breaker

This guy or gal--frankly, I think it's a guy--sounds like an evil version of Peter Petrelli, an empath or imitator who has bent his powers for evil. I think The Company was formed by the different branches of the Kensei family--The Petrellis were related to blond Kensei, and the Nakamuras were related to Kensei's wife's extended family. I'm not sure how Linderman fit in. Still, we know this is an old-time, powerful Hero who has a grudge against the Company and has been exacting revenge.

I thought Claire's questions were interesting. I'm having a hard time caring about the brother-sister team, but I think the sister is supposed to be Typhoid Mary--and she's supposed to kill both Sylar and Mr. Scary Voice (who I think is our hooded killer). I can't tell if the Suresh virus is for real, or a manufactured problem to give Mohinder his cover.

With this entire Hiro storyline, I'm afraid I have to cry foul. I find it ludicrous that a pirate with healing abilities would be a terminal coward--if anything, he should be reckless in the other direction. Also, the fight was a huge letdown, it was like an elaborate magic trick. If Hiro is supposed to hold of a T-Rex with that sword, shouldn't he be able to actually fight at least some of the twits in that band of marauders with it right now (particularly after his father's training)?

Peter is quite interesting. It appears that he got D.L.'s phasing ability (oh, and the episode summary said Micah left Las Vegas--where was THAT in the episode?) and someone's electrical abilities. Have we seen a human lightning rod yet? I don't remember one.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives