Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Heroes v2

Old October 2nd, 2007, 7:29 am
Ultimate Dog Lover

Re: Heroes v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
I can't believe Claire cut off her toe.....I actually had to close my eyes for a moment....eewww.

Love the Hiro thing with the Kensei legend, very entertaining.

Don't know what to think about the Maya thing....seems like they stole that from the X-Files.
Ha! That's what I said after that scene...."Wow...shades of X-files!" Perhaps it will differentiate itself more..I hope.

Hiro: Gotta love him. He's too cute (and cool). He's having way too good a time

Claire's toe: Hubby saw the scissors and went..."OH NO!" and covered his eye's! I give the toe a 9.3 for it's flip across the room.

Peter: Hmmm...have to wonder what is in the box.

Mrs. Petrelli--how about the fact she knew the detective was in her head??? And that was a strange attack. If it was the same assassin, how come he didn't kill her right off rather than just cut her up a bit? Was he really trying to kill her or just toy with her?

Mr. Muggles: Will he ever go to a dog show again? Could he cause trouble if they don't let him watch the dog show on TV??

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly."
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2007, 3:11 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhart View Post
Mr. Muggles: Will he ever go to a dog show again? Could he cause trouble if they don't let him watch the dog show on TV??
LOL!! For sure the real victim here is poor Mr. Muggles!! How could they do that to him!

Great episode! My husband was laughing the whole way through the Hiro part. That fight scene was just too funny! And I just love Kensei. I think he'll reform and become the hero he's supposed to be. But I don't think he knows about his power. And if the princess has a power that that will be interesting too. All in all with Hiro, it seems that he'll be in 1600 Japan for a while.

I still want to know what Mrs. Petrelli's power is! We were cheated of knowing what Hiro's dad's power was and the other guy, the one that Peter was caring for at the beginning of the series, Simone's dad.
And it'll be interesting to find the rest of the paintings to find out who the rest of the "founders" are. I am happy the Haitian is back. I hope that he and HRG can bring the company down. Just so long as they keep the Midas touch guy, he could be useful!

Old October 2nd, 2007, 5:41 pm
Curse Breaker

We weren't necessarily cheated out of Papa Nakamura's power--remember we saw Devoux's power after he passed. Plus, there's every possibility that the swordsmith has the same power that Hiro's father had.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 6:09 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
With this entire Hiro storyline, I'm afraid I have to cry foul. I find it ludicrous that a pirate with healing abilities would be a terminal coward--if anything, he should be reckless in the other direction. Also, the fight was a huge letdown, it was like an elaborate magic trick. If Hiro is supposed to hold of a T-Rex with that sword, shouldn't he be able to actually fight at least some of the twits in that band of marauders with it right now (particularly after his father's training)?
He didn't actually hold off a T-Rex with the sword - what Issac painted was Hiro in the museum with the fake T-Rex - not the real thing! It showed that I thought quite clearly in the episode where he and Ando went to steal the sword.

I'm really loving the new series so far - I don't want to make character judgement calls just yet tho - I'm bound to be way off track!

Old October 2nd, 2007, 6:21 pm
Curse Breaker

Actually, no, the thing had actual skin and eyes--it wasn't a skeleton. Plus, the museum scene--that wasn't the actual sword, that was the tiny wood replica. Hiro facing a real T-Rex is supposed to be somewhere in the future of this series. Even if that were true--that still doesn't explain a regenerator (Kensei, the blond English pirate) with terminal cowardice.

Old October 2nd, 2007, 6:56 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Even if that were true--that still doesn't explain a regenerator (Kensei, the blond English pirate) with terminal cowardice.
Everyone need to start somewhere. Most people aren't born being courageous and brave but learn to become such. He's just still learning and Hiro is there to teach him. Don't write him off yet!

Old October 2nd, 2007, 7:20 pm
First Year

Quote:

Peter is quite interesting. It appears that he got D.L.'s phasing ability (oh, and the episode summary said Micah left Las Vegas--where was THAT in the episode?) and someone's electrical abilities. Have we seen a human lightning rod yet? I don't remember one.
I was trying to think where the electric zap thing came from. I don't remember him picking up that power anywhere, but I may have missed something from last season. I also don't remember him having telekinesis, like when he sent that one guy's gun flying. Could he have picked up more powers from who ever had him imprisoned, and could that person be the same one who killed Mr. Nakamura and tried to kill Mrs. Petrelli? I thought it was his invisibility power he used to get the ropes off his hands, but he might have picked up D.L.'s power at the end of last season when they were all right there together. I can't remember if D.L. used it when he was in Peter's general vicinity.

Maya's power is downright creepy; no wonder she's so freaked out. It seems to me that she only winds up killing people when she is separated from her brother. Alejandro definitely has a related power. His eyes went all weird and black just like Maya's did, but without the blood. His seems to be of a healing nature since he apparantly stopped whatever happened to Maya and the older woman. It's interesting to think that they are twins and their powers are somehow inter-related.

I don't think Mr. Bennet will change back to being a " bad guy". It did seem like Claire was shocked after hearing him on the phone in the previews, but I bet she just hears him talking to Mohinder about the plan to bring down the Company. After all his talk about putting the past behind them and playing it safe, and lecturing her about not causing trouble, she's going to be pretty mad.

Old October 2nd, 2007, 7:50 pm
Fourth Year

First off where were Nikki & Micah this episode? I read the preview and they were apart of it. And Sylar? He was a part of the preview and was nowhere to be seen.

However it was still a great episode. I loved Hiro this episode. Not so much episode 1 but definitely episode 2! Kensei has a power? I think we saw that coming but another copying of powers...I believe at least. Maybe it is slightly different from Claire's who knows.

H.R.G and the Haitian together again!

Peter's powers were cool in this episode. I like how he grew from a doctor failing at trying to fly to now being able to use all these powers. Cool stuff.

Old October 2nd, 2007, 9:27 pm
Fifth Year

I'm really happy that Issac is still part of the story. His paintings were such a crucial part of the first season that it would be sad to see them not be used anymore.

Ron and Hermione in Deathly Hallows

Dobby's large, pointed ears were now sticking out from beneath what looked like all the hats Hermione had ever knitted; he
was wearing one on top of the other, so that his head seemed elongated by two or three feet, and on the very topmost
bobble sat Hedwig, hooting serenely and obviously cured.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 9:40 pm
Defender of Dogs

I'm so glad the show's started up again!
I just wish it was on more often. My favorite show, 24, is on every week. I don't have to wait too long for that, but this is so infrequent...

Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:26 pm
Curse Breaker

Okay, I can answer a couple of the questions. First, the Nikki and Sylar stuff was the famous NBC preview of a preview (annoying, but predictable). I don't know where Peter got "the spark" either. I know that he got D.L.'s phasing ability, so perhaps the "the spark" is his mother's gift? As for the telekinesis--he got it from Sylar who got it from his first victim.

I know we all have to start somewhere, but even Hiro's version of "The Battle of the 12 Swords" was a dud and he has more talent than that. As for Kensei--I don't understand why he's so afraid--he's a regenerator and he's 30 or more. He must know about his gift by now--so, why's he so afraid? Frankly, I'd have expected someone with his temperament to be reckless as a regenerator--taking flashy unnecessary risks to build up his reputation and his horde. Is it possible he's just extremely lazy?

Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:53 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Right now, I'm watching last nights' episode on Nbc.com, since I missed it . I'm looking forward to seeing what happens .

My first ship, Perry Mason and Della Street .

Credit goes to Viacom for the Perry Mason films, no copyright infringement intended.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X-Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:00 pm
Fifth Year

I just found this out: Canadian fans can watch the most recent episode online!

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/premi...oes/index.html

Dobby's large, pointed ears were now sticking out from beneath what looked like all the hats Hermione had ever knitted; he
was wearing one on top of the other, so that his head seemed elongated by two or three feet, and on the very topmost
Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:01 pm
Defender of Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleSnowyOwl View Post
I just found this out: Canadian fans can watch the most recent episode online!

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/premi...oes/index.html
Yes, I beleive American fans can too, on the NBC Heroes website.
(Correct me on this if I'm wrong!)

Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:09 pm
First Year

I thought Kensei seemed really surprised by his self healing. He did say goodbye to Hiro as if he were dying. It seems strange that he wouldn't get his power until that late in life, though.

Speaking of the preview of the preview, does anyone know for sure if Sylar's actually going to be alive? I was kind of hoping it would turn out to be someone's dream or something. Sylar really bugged me by the end of last season and I don't want him to come back.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:03 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamelda View Post
I thought Kensei seemed really surprised by his self healing. He did say goodbye to Hiro as if he were dying. It seems strange that he wouldn't get his power until that late in life, though.

Speaking of the preview of the preview, does anyone know for sure if Sylar's actually going to be alive? I was kind of hoping it would turn out to be someone's dream or something. Sylar really bugged me by the end of last season and I don't want him to come back.
Do you think Kensei got his power when the solar eclipse happened?

Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:45 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathly721 View Post
Yes, I beleive American fans can too, on the NBC Heroes website.
(Correct me on this if I'm wrong!)
You're correct; it's just that NBC, along with all the other networks that show their shows online, only work inside the USA. The Canadian network site are just starting to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDOG View Post
Ooh, interesting idea!

Old October 3rd, 2007, 1:50 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDOG View Post
Wasn't there a solar eclipse at the beginning of the series? It is the emblem for the show after all. I really don't know how they would work that in as somehow affecting genetic mutations, though.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 3:30 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Okay, I can answer a couple of the questions. First, the Nikki and Sylar stuff was the famous NBC preview of a preview (annoying, but predictable). I don't know where Peter got "the spark" either. I know that he got D.L.'s phasing ability, so perhaps the "the spark" is his mother's gift? As for the telekinesis--he got it from Sylar who got it from his first victim.

I know we all have to start somewhere, but even Hiro's version of "The Battle of the 12 Swords" was a dud and he has more talent than that. As for Kensei--I don't understand why he's so afraid--he's a regenerator and he's 30 or more. He must know about his gift by now--so, why's he so afraid? Frankly, I'd have expected someone with his temperament to be reckless as a regenerator--taking flashy unnecessary risks to build up his reputation and his horde. Is it possible he's just extremely lazy?
It was quite obvious that Kensei didn't know about his power until it just happened. I doubt it is healing...maybe ressurection(sp)? He looked pretty dead until his wounds started healing and he awakened. I think the solar eclipse had something to do with this because it has been a mysterious part of the show. Parkman found out about his power in the second episode. Hiro only time traveled once he saw the eclipse. Am I wrong? I thought in one of the first two episodes he looked up at the sky and the eclipse. Peter was dreaming about his powers but only actually did anything the day the eclipse happened.

I know many of the other characters had their powers discovered long before the eclipse even happened. But I think the eclipse must have something to do with all this.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 5:07 am
Twilight Princess

Not nearly enough Nathan last night.

I find the storyline of Maya and her brother to be so boring. I actually really miss Nicki, who I hated last year which is really saying something.

I think I'm going to get really bored with Hiro in Medieval Japan.

I'm so intrigued by the missing Isaac paintings. I thought that this season would really suffer without the future paintings, which were a huge part of season 2 so I'm really happy to discover that a series of his paintings dealing with the older generation is missing. Yay.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives