Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Heroes v2

Old October 5th, 2007, 4:11 am
Fourth Year

Re: Heroes v2

What exactly activates Maya's power? Is it crying, desperation, it comes randomly? Can she actually learn to control it? If she can, that'll definitely take care of a few characters.
I hope they get to NY soon, though.

I'm more intrigue about the Hiro's dad killer ... when I saw Mama Petrelli going all nuts, I thought of Claude (Invisible Man), but I don't think is him. I wonder what's the real reason behind their persecutions ...

Mr. Bennet is one of my favorite characters, so far.
Parkman kind of annoys me

Sig made by the awesome cybobbie

You wish we were in your House

The ASP at Hogwarts, Hogwarts Staff Meeting and The Prince of Hogwarts (An ASP at Hogwarts prequel): All by Inkwolf

Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2007, 4:25 am
Curse Breaker

I love Matt--he has the teddy-bear big brother quality, but still an urge to do good. It's interesting. Noah Bennet is undoubtedly one of my favorite characters and the superb "Company Man" definitively flipped my opinion of him. The character I personally don't like is West--he's like a low-rent, annoying Zach.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old October 5th, 2007, 4:43 am
Ultimate Dog Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyIsGenius View Post
...I'm more intrigue about the Hiro's dad killer ... when I saw Mama Petrelli going all nuts, I thought of Claude (Invisible Man), but I don't think is him. I wonder what's the real reason behind their persecutions ... ...
Invisible man...interesting perspective. Who was the middle-aged guy that was sort of tutoring Peter? Wasn't he able to become invisible? Remember? I can't quite remember what became of him.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly."
Old October 5th, 2007, 4:52 am
Twilight Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhart View Post
Invisible man...interesting perspective. Who was the middle-aged guy that was sort of tutoring Peter? Wasn't he able to become invisible? Remember? I can't quite remember what became of him.
Claude was the invisible man who was mentoring Peter. He just disappeared when he realized that Bennett and "The Company" had found him, since he was on the run from them to benin with seeing as though they tried to kill him when he betrayed "The Company".

Old October 5th, 2007, 5:28 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
I love Matt--he has the teddy-bear big brother quality, but still an urge to do good. It's interesting. Noah Bennet is undoubtedly one of my favorite characters and the superb "Company Man" definitively flipped my opinion of him. The character I personally don't like is West--he's like a low-rent, annoying Zach.
Yep, I agree about West. I don't care for how that's playing out so far.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old October 5th, 2007, 6:47 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyIsGenius View Post
What exactly activates Maya's power? Is it crying, desperation, it comes randomly? Can she actually learn to control it? If she can, that'll definitely take care of a few characters.
I hope they get to NY soon, though.
I think fear is what activates Maya's power, but I think it also happens when she is separated from her brother. Alejandro has the remedy to her "sickness", and she becomes so afraid of what might happen when he's not around to help and protect her that it causes it to happen ( sort of like a self-fulfilling prophecy). I really hope she can learn to control it better.

I hope this storyline isn't dragged out forever. I also hope the Peter with the Irish gang, and the Hiro back in the 1600's wrap up fairly soon. I'm sure these storylines will all inter-relate eventually, but they don't need to let them drag on.

West really irritates me, too, but I think that's really more of a miscalculation on the part of the show than it is a reason to think he's bad. After watching the animated short of him flying on NBC's website which reiterated his views on "Robots vs. Aliens", I've decided he's just annoying and not out to get Claire. He's probably supposed to be the hot, young, male love interest, but it's just not working for me.

Old October 5th, 2007, 6:52 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhart View Post
Well, that's Claude. That's the one that came to mind when I saw Mama Petrelli. I did a quick WikiSearch on him (to check if he was still alive, because I didn't remember ) and he lives. But he's not a bad character, quite the contrary. That's why think it isn't him. If it is, then the other 2 really did something BAD!!! (oohhh, I want to know!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamelda View Post
West really irritates me, too, but I think that's really more of a miscalculation on the part of the show than it is a reason to think he's bad. After watching the animated short of him flying on NBC's website which reiterated his views on "Robots vs. Aliens", I've decided he's just annoying and not out to get Claire. He's probably supposed to be the hot, young, male love interest, but it's just not working for me.
West, ohhh, I'm on the fence. He is a bit annoying too. I read the comic "Flying Man" that is about his character and I kind of gave him a little more sympathy He is not that bad, I think he comes across wrongly. If you get the chance, check out the comic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
About Matt ---> Well, he is good and all, but when he tends to get into the 'cop persona' too much and then I just ... Blah! He is really cute with Molly, though. But hey, stay off the "Boogey Man", Mr. You are not Terminator!
Noah, he rules! I was laughing so hard at those 'Copy Kingdom' scenes on the premiere!

The ASP at Hogwarts, Hogwarts Staff Meeting and The Prince of Hogwarts (An ASP at Hogwarts prequel): All by Inkwolf

Last edited by GinnyIsGenius; October 5th, 2007 at 7:02 am.
Old October 5th, 2007, 7:22 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic01 View Post
I'm going with the theory that Peter has suddenly become sparky from being in close proximity to Sylar - after all, we don't know all the powers that Sylar stole from people - Molly's mum and dad being 2 that he killed, that we don't know if they had powers or not... I'm betting they did, cos it 's come out that pretty much all the people who have naturally shown power (not Sylar) their parents have turned out to have some sort of power too, or a connection to it - so it's not that far-fetched that one of Molly's parents had some sort of power too.

Sylar was already wanted for a number of murders when we were first introduced to him through... oh, I can't remember his name - the cop. And f he was only killing people with power - who knows what other powers he's stolen already?

And my BF came up with an interesting theory - Molly described that really bad man (not Sylar - the other one) as the devil - the healer said Maya's illness/power was black enough to kill the devil. Could she be the ultimate hero this season?
Brilliant theory! I would like to see her power used for good. I feel extremley depressed watching her scenes. She needs help to control her power without her brother. Her character is one of my favorites. Also Peter. His situation right now is very interesting. I can't wait to find out what reallyhappened when him and nathan "blew up". I didn't like how it was all dramatic in the previews when it said 'THE BOX!'. I started laughing because it was so cheesy. I'm curious, yes. I want to know what's in it. But the way they said it in the preview made me laugh. I also love watching Claire's situation. That west guy is a little creepy. He's cute, but the way he behaves, ruins it. It's like he secretly saying "I know something you don't" in an arrogant sing songy voice...It really annoys me. I miss zach! He was so nice and not a creepy stalker! I'm missing niki and micah. And what happened to DL? did he survive?

Last edited by firebolt57; October 5th, 2007 at 7:33 am.
Old October 5th, 2007, 6:18 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I actually like Maya. I agree that her brother helps her control her power. It seems that he can prevent it from coming up and can reverse it. I'd still like to know more about it, though. It's not really clear what happens. It seems like Maya is the Niki of this season (tormented by mysterious, killer power we don't fully understand yet).

Old October 5th, 2007, 6:46 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
I think fear is what activates Maya's power, but I think it also happens when she is separated from her brother.
I think any surge of emotion might bring it on. It doesn't seem like she has any control over her gift what so ever.

Quote:
I hope this storyline isn't dragged out forever. I also hope the Peter with the Irish gang, and the Hiro back in the 1600's wrap up fairly soon. I'm sure these storylines will all inter-relate eventually, but they don't need to let them drag on.
I'm already starting to lose interest with Hiro in the 1600s, though I'm sure they're doing it not only to explain the Kensei legend, but also what the 'group' from the torn picture have been involved in. As for Peter in Ireland, there has to be some reason he's with those people right now, some reason he's staying, because you can't tell me he wouldn't be able to take that box with his identity in it away if he really wanted to.

Old October 6th, 2007, 11:22 am
Seventh Year

I was thinking that too: "Yo Peter -- ye of telekinetic ability -- snatch that box and be on your merry way!"
If he really wanted it, he could easily have gotten it.

I wonder if maybe Peter could have gotten his powers from Mama Petrelli? After all, we don't know what her power is.

It's interesting now how we're seeing some repeats in magical ability. West and Nathan both being able to fly. Claire and Kensei being able to heal. I believe Charles Deveaux and that young Indian boy being able to enter dreams is the same ability as well.
So I wonder which other ones will reappear... Hopefully not another parasite like Sylar!!

Watch the show Supernatural! It's the best show to grace the TV screen in years. I PROMISE!
Old October 6th, 2007, 10:11 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
Yes, he was able to see how things are working. He was able to see in the brains or watches for example. He saw how the brains work and used that to give himself the same power.
I see now. I rewatch it with my sister and I cought some of what I missed first time around.

I was just wondering how peter and specially his brother survived the explosion?
And how come sylar didn't die? I'm guessing they will explain that in the coming episodes.

Old October 6th, 2007, 10:25 pm
She Who Walks Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevPrince View Post
I see now. I rewatch it with my sister and I cought some of what I missed first time around.

I was just wondering how peter and specially his brother survived the explosion?
And how come sylar didn't die? I'm guessing they will explain that in the coming episodes.
The theory I have is that they flew up and Nathan let him free and flew away in supersonic speed.

Sylar was stabbed by Hiro, but he was seen "flowing" in the manhole cover in the end so not dead. Don't know how he recovered though, as he didn't get Claire's power.

The End of the Dream.
Old October 6th, 2007, 10:42 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
The theory I have is that they flew up and Nathan let him free and flew away in supersonic speed.

Sylar was stabbed by Hiro, but he was seen "flowing" in the manhole cover in the end so not dead. Don't know how he recovered though, as he didn't get Claire's power.
That is what I was saying. How did he recover from that stap wound without clarie's power. It looked better bad too.
your theory about nathan letting go peter is very good. I bet that is going to be it unless nathan has some other powers we don't know about.

Old October 7th, 2007, 6:17 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
originally posted by Tenshi
The theory I have is that they flew up and Nathan let him free and flew away in supersonic speed
That's what I was thinking, but I'm bothered by the fact that Nathan was able to touch him at all. I thought Claire was the only one who could get close to him, and then Nathan is able to touch radioactive Peter and come away without a scratch? I don't think so.

And about Maya, I really like her story. I was wondering though, if she is caught by the company if she will become a huge moral issue for Mohinder. The company guy (does he have a name? the one who recruited Mohinder?) said that they have to exterminate people with horrible powers, and nothing seems much more terrible then Maya's power. Mohinder would kill Sylar, whose power was terrible but was a monster even without it. But Maya is sweet and doesn't want to use her power, so Mohinder couldn't rationalize it as easily. I just think it will be very interesting to see out it plays out.

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old October 7th, 2007, 6:23 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevPrince View Post
That is what I was saying. How did he recover from that stap wound without clarie's power. It looked better bad too.
your theory about nathan letting go peter is very good. I bet that is going to be it unless nathan has some other powers we don't know about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaselqueen View Post
That's what I was thinking, but I'm bothered by the fact that Nathan was able to touch him at all. I thought Claire was the only one who could get close to him, and then Nathan is able to touch radioactive Peter and come away without a scratch? I don't think so.
What IF Nathan actually has another power and the "freaky image" that he saw of him on the bar (in the premiere) is his actual state, deformation caused by touching Peter? It totally makes sense what you said, touching a radioactive guy can't be harmless, explosion or not.

Last edited by GinnyIsGenius; October 7th, 2007 at 7:26 am.
Old October 7th, 2007, 7:11 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaselqueen View Post

And about Maya, I really like her story. I was wondering though, if she is caught by the company if she will become a huge moral issue for Mohinder. The company guy (does he have a name? the one who recruited Mohinder?) said that they have to exterminate people with horrible powers, and nothing seems much more terrible then Maya's power. Mohinder would kill Sylar, whose power was terrible but was a monster even without it. But Maya is sweet and doesn't want to use her power, so Mohinder couldn't rationalize it as easily. I just think it will be very interesting to see out it plays out.
I think Peter said that Claire was the only person who could get close to him because she could heal if he went radioactive, not because no one else could touch him. If Nathan let go of Peter before he "blew", he could have gotten far enough away to escape injury. That's probably why he feels so guilty; he feels like he sacrificed his brother's life. It was for a good reason and Peter would have wanted him to do it, but he can't live with what happened.

Mohinder's in a tough position even without Maya adding complications. He's playing a double game now, and as we all know from seeing Snape do it, that's not an easy game to play.

Old October 7th, 2007, 10:14 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
originally posted by flamelda
I think Peter said that Claire was the only person who could get close to him because she could heal if he went radioactive, not because no one else could touch him. If Nathan let go of Peter before he "blew", he could have gotten far enough away to escape injury. That's probably why he feels so guilty; he feels like he sacrificed his brother's life. It was for a good reason and Peter would have wanted him to do it, but he can't live with what happened.
But that's my point. Claire could regenerate, so she could touch Peter. Nathan, as far as we know anyways, as no such power. How could Nathan touch Peter and come away with no marks whatsoever. Peter had to be giving off radiation before he blew, so it doesn't matter if Nathan flew away. Flying away kept him from being disintegrated, but he still should've had some sort of side effect from touching Peter.

Quote:
originally posted by GinnyIsGenius
What IF Nathan actually has another power and the "freaky image" that he saw of him on the bar (in the premiere) is his actual state, deformation caused by touching Peter? It totally makes sense what you said, touching a radioactive guy can't be harmless, explosion or not.
Yeah, I was wondering about that mirror thing. Is it hinting at a power, or is it just Nathan's extreme guilt about Peter's "death"? It's hard to say. But there be more to Nathan then just being able to fly.

Quote:
originally posted by flamelda
Mohinder's in a tough position even without Maya adding complications. He's playing a double game now, and as we all know from seeing Snape do it, that's not an easy game to play.
I agree. It's going to be hard on Mohinder anyway. But I was just wondering about that, since the company guy brought up having to exterminate certain people, what Mohinder would do in that situation. Does he do it to maintain cover? Or does he try to help Maya (or whoever) and risk his cover?

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old October 8th, 2007, 4:26 am
Third Year

Just started watching Season 1 a week ago, Im on episode 13 now, this show is awesome!

All opinions in the above post are the personal opinions of HouseStark, unless they are quoted from another source. Any and all views in the above post are purely opinion, unless they can be verified by scientific data or historical record.
Old October 9th, 2007, 12:48 am
Fourth Year

Sylar is coming back tonight! 2 hours left before episode 3

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives