Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Best little-used characters

Old October 29th, 2007, 9:04 pm
First Year

Re: Best little-used characters?

More of Charlie would really have been great. ^^ And I know that I'm a total Remus fan and he does get not that small a role, but he was a teacher. And I seriously think he should have got a lot more attention. Same with Moody. Those two are like, amazing characters. It's the same thing in the films. There are tons of great adult actors in there but it's always the young inexperienced kids that get the award and focus.

Stan was awesome, yeah. And I would have liked to know about that Dean backstory.

Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:10 pm
Master of Divination

The wizard with the women's nightgown at the Quidditch World Cup...Archie, was it?

No, just kidding...I liked Lee Jordan, comic releif is always good. I thought that Borgin might be in DH, but he wasn't really mentioned...he might have known some things about Tom Riddle that not weren't common knowledge...he was his employer afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathly721 View Post
Another one: Theodore Nott. Jo has said that he has a rather interesting history, and there used to be a good scene with him and Draco talking to each other at the Malfoy Manor, but she had to take it out. At the end of OotP, it looked as though he may have a little part in the next two books, but alas, he was not even mentioned...
I agree with this also...it would be cool if JKR released her "deleted scenes" in the possible encyclopedia.

Old October 30th, 2007, 9:41 pm
First Year

Oh Kingsley, definitely. I loved that guy. I remember not thinking much about him until I listened to the Jim Dale audio version of OotP. The way Dale expressed Kingsley's "deep, slow, calming" voice made me looove him.

Phineas Nigellus, he was so crazy and so funny. Really, all of the dead headmasters in Dumbledore's office were hilarious.

Dedalus Diggle was so awesome, Madame Bones, and yes, I agree with everyone who said Charlie Weasley.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:46 am
First Year

Well, Lee, Dean, Oliver, ("This is no time to be a gentleman, Harry! Knock her off he broom, if you have to!"), and Charlie. Lee was the twins' best friend, and fellow goofball. Dean is cool, and was on the run. Oliver, he is such a maniac! I love him! Charlie was the only sibling we didn't hear about

Lizzy

'I'm sorry, but I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV Series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended." -Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory

Last edited by Lizzy_Potter; November 3rd, 2007 at 12:48 am. Reason: Forgot to mention Charlie! Whoops!
Old November 3rd, 2007, 7:55 am
Fourth Year

... I wish there was more of Bill.. and I'd have liked if Xeno was in earlier..

When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.
Old November 4th, 2007, 2:15 am
First Year

I would have liked more of Neville's gran

Old November 4th, 2007, 2:23 am
Custodian of Hades Vault

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheseDays View Post
You're not the only one - she rocks

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Old November 4th, 2007, 2:28 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chparadise View Post
You're not the only one - she rocks
Uncle Algie would be interesting also.

Old November 4th, 2007, 3:03 am
First Year

I would have liked to more of Andromeda Tonks. She seems like an interesting backround, and she was the brave mother who raised Tonks. Tough stuff.

Old November 4th, 2007, 4:51 am
First Year

penelope clearwater! i like her. she seems like a down to earth type of person, also very beautiful. i have taken a liking towards ravenclaws!

Old November 4th, 2007, 5:05 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheseDays View Post
Oh yeah! We saw a bit of her about to kick some serious butt in the DH battle. She's like a mean old lady with a sweet heart I liked her.

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Old November 5th, 2007, 1:14 am
Fifth Year

Re: Best little-used characters

I'm in total agreement about Neville's gran - she seems like quite a formidable grandmother to have...poor Neville!!! I thought the description of the death eaters going to her house was quite hilarious!

I would also have liked more of Seamus Finnegan and Bill & Charlie Weasley - they were characters I really liked and it would have been great to see more of them!

Because of Edward Cullen...I'm staying single until I find a vampire
Old November 5th, 2007, 3:51 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariebeth83
I thought the description of the death eaters going to her house was quite hilarious!
It really was!

I would've liked to know more about Dean because he's interesting IMO - didn't Jo say something about his father getting murdered by Death Eaters and that Dean and his mother being kept in the dark about it?

Dance Pretty
Old November 6th, 2007, 2:51 am
Fourth Year

I one of those fans that would like some more information on a lot of minor characters, but just to name some I would say Angelina Johnson (I loved that she was a great Quidditch player), Dean Thomas (I really don;t know why exactly, but I like him) and Lee Jordan (just because he was really funny and a great friend of the twins; also Colin and Dennis Creevey (since they were great kids and mugle borns); Charlie Weasley (my favorite of *** older Weasley brothers, also because he worked with dragons); Hannah Abbott (I just got more curious about her since JKR said that she married Neville); and finally I would love to know more about the marauders, especially about Sirius Black and James Potter.

Old November 6th, 2007, 3:40 am
First Year

I wouldn't of minded finding out a bit more about what happened with Oliver Wood's Quidditch carrier. I know it has completely nothing to do with the main plot line of the series...

"THE MARAUDERS"
Old November 6th, 2007, 4:31 pm
Master Seer

Hands down, Rita Skeeter. I'm glad that JKR finally used the character's potential some more in DH - I had bets running she'd make a crucial appearance in that book after all, she was simply too good to be wasted.

Other than that - Scrimgeour would have had ample of potential as a character, and the chances wasted with Andromeda - that one almost hurt. No, not 'almost' - I was severely disappointed by the lack of symmetry there.

Old November 7th, 2007, 6:14 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur du mal View Post
...the chances wasted with Andromeda - that one almost hurt. No, not 'almost' - I was severely disappointed by the lack of symmetry there.
Symmetry? Could you explain? Do you mean as a counterpoint to Bella?

Old November 7th, 2007, 2:58 pm
Master Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitia pickleweed View Post
Symmetry? Could you explain? Do you mean as a counterpoint to Bella?
Indeed, to Bella, just like Narcissa. The way the story (as it is) goes Narcissa and Bella directly mirror Regulus and Sirius. Sirius and Bella are matched - Sirius one of the thoroughly good guys, but flawed, Bella is the direct opposite, very bad, but with one redeeming quality (her concern for her sister in 'Spinner's End'). Both fiery and passionate about what they do. Narcissa and Regulus are mentioned, but we hardly get to see them, and when we do, their defining moments are those of betrayal to Voldemort out of love, whereas both Sirius and Bella are defined by their fierce loyalty no matter what come. Now what do you need Andromeda for in this scenario? Exactly. Her character is out of the symmetry. Still she is there, which led me to believe that she would indeed play a prominent role, 'the third way' so to speak. The way she appeared at last in DH seemed gratuitious to me, like 'we got that third sister there, and she should make at least one appearance'. This felt very unsatisfying to me; either not have her at all, or build up her character usefully.

To illustrate what I mean - Tonks as a person could easily have been replaced by Andromeda herself, instead of just being her daughter. Andromeda could have run away from home back then - like Sirius - and married Ted Tonks, and have been widowed in Vold War I. So when she does make an appearance in OotP, as a part of Harry's advance guard, her character arc is a logical one, and she still could have fallen in love with Remus and married him, and have that child that would represent 'the new hope', a mirror of Draco in its own way (Draco as the child of the 'old way', with purer than pure parents; the new child representing the 'other way', child of a 'renegade' and a werewolf). In that scenario, Andromeda - would have symbolised the possibility of change, and have done justice to the fact that she is Bella's and Narcissa's sister. As it is, she is less than a background character, which is a pity.

Old November 7th, 2007, 4:31 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemisandapoll View Post
I would have liked to more of Andromeda Tonks. She seems like an interesting backround, and she was the brave mother who raised Tonks. Tough stuff.
I know me too! For some reason I thought Sirius said that she was dead in OoTP, I went back and I really have no idea where I got that from. But yes I would have liked to see more of her. I wish that her and her husband both were in the Order and we would have seen her fight at the DoM. I wonder what the reasoning behind not seeing her until DH was.

Old November 7th, 2007, 6:47 pm
Sirius' Girl

Neville's Gran -- great idea!! You are absolutely right.

Also, I was REALLY let down that the only contribution Viktor Krum made in DH was at the wedding, and his bit about the symbol. I thought he would have been wonderful to see battling against Death Eaters. I was CERTAIN that we'd see something of substance come from all the time we got to know him in GoF. I mean, he could have recruited people for the cause! He could have fought!! I don't like him too much, but I think she missed a great opportunity there...

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives