Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

Harry Potter and the Final Battle

Old December 29th, 2007, 1:57 am
Fifth Year

Harry Potter and the Final Battle

This is MY version of the sixth book. Most of it was written before HBP came out. The Characters in this story are not mine. I just use them.

(I will have the first Chapter up tonight or Tomorrow morning)

Fan Fic
http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=114430

Feedback
http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=114436
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2007, 3:28 am
Fifth Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Final Battle

OK as Promesed He's my first Chapter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
INTRODUCTION-
It had been an interesting year for Harry. He was almost expelled from school, multiple times, started a dueling club, was almost killed-again- by Voldemort, lost his god-father and once again 'saved the day'. You see, Harry is not your average everyday teenager. Harry is a very powerful wizard entering his sixth year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Who knows what can happen when power overpasses reason and to love is the only way to be saved?

Harry was busy reading in his room, like he did every summer, when a horrid scream was heard from down stairs...

“POTTER!!!” roared a voice Harry clearly recognized as his uncle's. He silently cursed at the dripping ink on his bed.

With a sigh and all the self-control he had, mind you it wasn't much, he carefully moved off the bed, unsuccessfully trying not to touch the spilled ink. Breathing in, he opened his door and shouted down the stairs. Not as loud as his uncle, though. That was humanly possible.

“Yes, Uncle Vernon?” he asked, trying not to sound so annoyed. He didn't really want a lecture right now, much less his uncle's spit that was sure to be sprayed on his face.

“Get down here, boy, NOW!!” his uncle roared again. Harry was glad that there wasn't any more un-spilled ink near. He could have sworn the walls shook at his uncle's scream.

“Yes, Uncle Vernon.” Harry practically hissed down the stairs. He closed the door to his room and started to hide the ink spot on his huge, old shirt in which 3 Harrys could have fit.

The red-faced man with his characteristic purple throbbing vein in his neck, turned towards Harry and said as he threw a letter near Harry's hands;

“I'm getting SICK of these DAMN Owls!"

As a seeker, he caught the letter easily, but as a teenage boy, it was hard to sound truthful when he apologized to his uncle. A grunt was all he got in response.

Harry went eagerly back upstairs and to his room, ignoring the ink stain on the bed that was getting bigger by the second, he sat on it and opened his letter. The familiar hand-writing of his best friend, Ron Weasley, was scratched across the old parchment.

Harry:

Mum and Dad want to invite you back to the Burrow for the summer if it's ok with the muggles. If it IS alright send word with Hedwig and we will see you on the 1st. If not, send word and we just might see you then anyways.

~Ron

P.S. Hermione will be here as well. Be prepared to be hugged to death, take very deep breaths as exercise. You'll need it.

Harry smiled for the first time and decided to take on Ron's advice. He laid back in the bed contently, getting ink all over the back of his already stained shirt and thought about how to deal with this.
~~~~~
It was July 20th Harry had eleven days to ask his Aunt and Uncle to go. He was sure they would say yes, after all THEY didn't know Sirius was gone. And they didn't need to. Harry decided to ask a couple of days later. Just for luck.

“Uncle Vernon?” he said, standing in front of his uncle, who was reading the morning paper.

“What?” the man grunted, not taking his eyes away from what seemed to be the sports section.

“The Weasleys have invited me back to their place for the summer. So I could spend some time with Sirius, you remember, my God-father.” Harry mentioned in an bored tone.

He could instantly see the fear in his Uncles eyes as he heard Harry mention the word 'God-Father' and knew right then his uncle would say yes.

“Ok FINE you can go. But they better not show up like LAST time!!” he grunted again, but this time he laid the paper down and moved his chair a bit away from the wizard, thinking it was unnoticeable.

“Thank you, Uncle Vernon.” Harry said, hiding his smirk, and went upstairs as fast as possible to reply to Ron's owl. Grabbing some parchment and ink from his trunk, he sat on the now cleared sheets, and started writing in the usual messy scrawl.

Ron:

Got the 'ok'. Just don't show up like last time.

~Harry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: Please note I SUCK at timing Chapters and such so please don't kill me for cliffies. and This story DOES start a little slow but I Swear it gets better

Fan Fic

Feedback

Last edited by Potter_fan; March 8th, 2008 at 8:09 pm. Reason: Added some more
Old December 31st, 2007, 11:33 pm
Fifth Year

Little holiday treat for Ya'll.....Enjoy!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 2

The 1st found Harry all packed and waiting for the Weasleys, wondering how they were going to show up. Around 10:00 AM he heard a sound outside. He went to investigate, curious to what could make such a sound, and was surprised when he saw the Weasleys in a car on the ground.

“Come on Harry, we don't have all day you know.” Called Ron from the backseat. Harry grinned and moved purposely towards the car. He put his trunk in the back of the car, which seemed not only to be empty, but magically expanded. Closing the lid of the back of the huge car, he went to get in and found the door was already opened when he came to it

“Hey cool car. Where’d you get it?” asked Harry as he started to slide into the car.

“One of dad’s co-workers gave it to use,” Ron replied, “to replace the last one….” his voice trailed off. The memory of their second year was still all too fresh in their minds, it wasn't something that was good to remember.

“Yeah, Dad was going to make THIS one fly….” Fred started to say from the other side of the car.

“But mom stopped him,” George finished with a smile, leaning his elbows on his knees to have a better view of the scarred underage wizard.

“I’m not surprised,” Harry said with a laugh, remembering kindly Mrs.Weasley motherly manner.

A couple of hours later, after a bit of catching up, they arrived at The Burrow.

“HARRY!!! How are you?” Hermione yelled as she ran to give him a hug. Harry was glad for Ron's advice.

“OOF!! Hey Hermione.” he chuckled at her. Before he could say anything else, Mr.Weasley was shaking his hand and saying excitedly:

“Harry, my boy, welcome back.”

“Thank you Mr. Weasley.” he answered, it was hard not to smile while receiving such greetings.

“Why don’t you go unpack? Ron can give you a hand.” Hermione said tensely.

“Ok..” Harry said, arching an eye-brow at her behavior. She smiled innocently.

Harry and Ron went up to Ron’s room, which Harry would be sharing.

“So Harry, glad to be away from those Muggles again?” Ron asked once they got up there.

“Yeah, I couldn’t take much more,” he said truthfully.

“Yeah, I know what you mean,” laughed Ron.

After Harry and Ron finished unpacking Harry’s things they went back downstairs and saw that everyone was gone.

“Hey. Where did everyone go?” Harry asked, ready to take his wand out. Ron stopped him and pointed outside. Ron was trying not to smile, and was glad Harry was looking around.

Not finding anyone inside they went outside to look... Harry was more than surprised when a crowd screamed happily:

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY!!!!!”~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I kow it's short sorry....Bigger post this weekend

Fan Fic

Feedback

Last edited by Potter_fan; May 29th, 2008 at 4:20 am.
Old January 6th, 2008, 7:41 pm
Fifth Year

YAY new Chapter....PLEASE REVIEW!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 3

The Weasley's backyard was full of signs and decorations, the witches and wizards were dancing and talking but the man the party was dedicated to was standing off in a far corner, next to his huge mountain of presents. That is what you get when almost everyone Harry knew from the wizarding world came to your birthday party.

Feeling curious and more than just a bit excited, Harry grabbed one of his presents and ripped it open. It was an Advanced Spell Book from Dumbledore, looking very advanced indeed. Harry opened the enveloped attached to it and saw in deep purple letters that could only belong to his Headmaster. The message was simple;

-Thought it might come in handy someday-
~Dumbledore

Harry smiled at the simple ness of the Head of Hogwarts and happily moved on to the next present. Even though it was perfectly wrapped, Harry knew that the Chudly Cannons orange with the Chudly Cannons sign could only be from his best friend, Ron, who had a fascination with one of the worst teams on the Quidditch League. He shook his head, a smile on his face as he opened the present. It was a watch.

“I thought you could use a new one” Ron said, his ears turning red from Harry's side, he turned to the red hair .

“Thanks, mate.” Harry responded as he put on the watch, only to find that his best friend's attention had been captivated by something else. Actually, someone else. He shook his head, wondering how long it would take for those two to see, and went back to opening his other gifts.

He got an assortment of candy from Hagrid, Homemade chocolate from Mrs. Weasley, a set of Dragon skin boots and gloves from Charlie, and a gold framed picture of the trio from Hermione. All in all, it was one of the best birthdays ever.

About three days after Harry arrived at the Burrow there was an article in the Daily Prophet saying Peter Pettigrew had been captured.

“Hey that means Sirius’ name will be cleared!” Ron cried out, his mouth still half-full of sausage and knocking over some pumpkin juice as he jumped from his seat.

“Yeah, too bad he won’t be able to enjoy it.” Harry said bitterly, pushing his full plate away..

Ron and Hermione looked knowingly at each other.

“Aww... cheer up Harry! I’m sure Sirius wouldn’t want you all gloomy over him.” Hermione said understandingly, breaking the silence.

“Yeah, I suppose you're right, Hermione. This IS summer vacation, I should enjoy myself.” Harry nodded towards Hermione, defeated.

The other two members of the Trio were surprised at his reaction, being so much different than the one he had last year. Until Ron exclaimed, in order to break the dreadful silence once again:
“That’s the spirit!”

The rest of the month Harry, Hermione, and the Weasleys pretty much hung out. They played Quidditch almost everyday. Harry tried a few spells from his new book and to his surprise, they worked.

A few days before they were to go back to Hogwarts, Ginny got a note stating she had been made Prefect. After a bit of teasing from Ron and a lot from the twins, they moved on to something neutral; Quidditch.

The next day three tawny owls flew in through the kitchen window, dropped their loads and flew back out in one swift motion.

Hermione took one look at the top letter.

"OHH I know what these are." She squealed with delight. "They are the results of our O.W.L.S.!"

Harry and Ron just groaned.

They each grabbed the envelope with their name on it, and they ripped them open, Harry and Ron with a feeling of dread, Hermione with anxiousness, to see how they did.

Harry read the top sheet.

Mr. Potter-

These are the results of your Ordinary Wizard Level examinations. Due to the interruption of your Astronomy Exam last year you and your classmates will be allowed to re-take that exam later in the year.

-Prof. Tofty, Head O.W.L.S. Examiner

Harry moved on to the second sheet of paper in the envelope.

O.W.L.S. Results for Harry James Potter

Astronomy-I(to be announced)
Care of Magical Creatures-E
Charms-O
Defense Against the Dark Arts-O
Divination-A
Herbology-E
History of Magic-D
Potions-E
Transfiguration-E

"Hey not bad I only failed one!" He stated mildly shocked.

"Same here!" Ron replied equally as shocked as Harry.

"Good job you two."

"What about you Hermione?" Asked Ron, curious to know.

"Yeah what did YOU get?" Asked Harry.

"Umm... That's not important." She replied as she tried to shove her results into her hand bag, but Ron was too quick for her.

"Yep, Thought so. Passed EVERY one." He stated with a grin.

"Give that back," Hermione said reaching for the results as her cheeks turned red.

On the last day before school, they all went to Diagon Alley to purchase their school supplies and whatnot. Harry was a little weary about using Floo Powder, after what happened last time. But with a small sneer, he grabbed a fistful of Floo Powder, stepped into the chimney and shouted:

“Diagon Alley!”

Harry came out of the fireplace in Flourish and Blots covered in ash, and a bit dizzy. He cleaned himself as much as possible and waited until Ron came out right behind him.

“At least it worked this time and I didn’t come out in Knockturn Alley.” Harry told Ron sincerely, grimacing at the memory.

“Yeah, no kidding. Mom would of had kittens about you- again.” Ron replied and they shared a laugh. They waited for a couple of minutes until they were all there and decided that their first stop would be Gringotts, the wizarding bank. After the neck-breaking trips to each of their vaults and the glares they received from the Goblins, their next stop was the Potions shop.

They entered what seemed to be an extended format of Snape's cupboard and as they were waiting in line, having gotten everything needed as fast as possible, they heard a familiar drawl from behind them.

“Well if it isn’t SAINT Potter, the weasel, and little Miss. Granger.” Draco Malfoy made sure to spat out Hermione's muggle name, which didn't go unnoticed.

“What do you want MALFOY?” growled Harry, wondering why he couldn't just curse the evil ferret.

As if reading his thoughts, Draco smirked.

“Hey, I’m here for the same reason as you.” he replied nonchalantly, mimicking reading one of the potion's label.

“You know you could try being a LITTLE nicer to us. Someday we MIGHT have to work together.” Hermione snapped at him, knowing that there was no point reminding Malfoy of being civil.

“Yeah, right. Me, Draco Malfoy, work with YOU three, the golden Trio with Scarface, his sidekick and the little brain? Don’t make me laugh!” he smirked and shook his head.

Harry had to hold Ron back a little, knowing that the last thing they needed was a fight to form in the middle of a shop.

“He is such a slime ball,” Hermione muttered at Malfoy's retreating back.

Glumly, the Trio finished their shopping and flooed back to the Burrow for their final night before returning to Hogwarts for their sixth year. Their OWLS results making them look forward to school even more.

Yet...the next morning was complete chaos, as usual. People were running back at forth, bumping into each other on the stairs and looking for last minute items that needed packing. After the craziness was over, they finally arrived at King’s Cross with fifteen minutes to spare. As Harry boarded the train, he looked back to say good-bye to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, when he thought he saw a black, shabby dog looking right at him.

“Snuffles?” he murmured, wondering if he had even see the dog at all. But the image of said animal was carved into his head and Harry knew that he was anything but hallucinating.

With a sigh and a shake of his head, Harry boarded the train and looked out the window; the dog was gone.

“Harry, is everything Ok?” asked Hermione, who was worrying for her friend's sanity as he stared glumly out the window.

“I thought... I thought I just saw Snuffles.” Harry replied, taking his eyes away from the country side that was sliding past them

“Don’t be crazy Harry, Snuffles is gone.” said Ron, with an obvious tone to his voice.

“Way to be sensitive, Ronald!” Hermione snapped at him, hitting him on the back of the head as Ron’s ears turned red.

Harry ignored their usual little banter.

“I know he’s gone, but just now I saw a black dog looking right at me that looked just like Sirius.” Harry mumbled after a couple of silent minutes.

“It must have been a hungry stray.” stated Hermione complaisantly.

“Yeah, I guess.” replied Harry, once again, defeated.

The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful. It started to rain about half-way to the school and it was still raining when they pulled into Hogsmeade station.

“Firs' Years!! Firs' Years!! This way!!” Boomed Hagrid, holding a lantern and his pink umbrella.

“Hey, Hagrid!” yelled Harry, over the thundering rain.

“Hey, you three!” Hagrid beamed back at the smiling Trio.

After much falling in mud puddles and laughing slightly at who fell, with the atmosphere lighter than it had been, said Trio go into a carriage with Neville Longbottom, who was covered, like them, in dirt, and slowly sloshed toward the castle, silently hoping for a better year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
nice and long I think like I said PLEASE REVIEW or I'll have to stop posting. Links down there vvvv

Fan Fic

Feedback

Last edited by Potter_fan; May 29th, 2008 at 5:14 am.
Old January 12th, 2008, 9:37 pm
Fifth Year

YAY NEW CHAPTER... Iwould liketo add a BIG BIG BIG Thanks to my new BETA WendyPotter....Thanks for your help!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 4

As the trio walked into the castle, Prof. McGonagall walked up to them.

"Mr. Potter, follow me please."

"Did I do something wrong Professor?"

"No. There is just something I need to discuss with you."

"I'll meet you guys during the sorting, ok?"

"Ok. See you mate." replied Ron.

Harry and Prof. McGonagall walked all the way up to her office in silence.

"Have a seat Harry," she said with a grim look on her face when they walked into her office.

"What's wrong Professor?" Harry asked her worriedly, expecting the worst.

"Your uncle Vernon... died yesterday of a heart attack."

"What?!"

"Yes but there's more. Your aunt is refusing to allow you to return to the house. She seems to think YOU caused the attack from too much stress." McGonagall said, her nostrils flaring slightly at the thought of that woman.

"So, where will I go to next summer?"

"Arrangements have already been made. You will be told of them on a later date."

"Oh, ok." He answered, hoping that they already understood that keeping things from him was not a good idea.

"That is all for now. You may return to your friends, Mr. Potter."

He nodded to the still grim-faced witch and left, not really wanting to discuss that anymore.

Harry went down the stairs, eager to return to the Great Hall. He let out a tiny groan as he saw that they were already eating and made his way as silently as possible to where his friends were sitting, avoiding the gazes that followed him.

“Great! I missed the sorting once again,” he complained to his friends once he sat down at the Gryffindor table.

“Hey, Harry,” Ron said between mouthfuls. “Look up at the head table…notice anything?”

Harry gave Ron a look and arched an eyebrow in the process. A couple of seconds later, his gaze drifted to the head table. He didn't find anything out of the ordinary, except that there were no new Defense teachers. He looked back at Ron.

“There're no new teachers. So?” he said nonchalantly.

“Um...what about Defense Against the Dark Arts?” Ron asked, looking as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Oh, yeah! You are right! I wonder if they gave up looking?” Harry asked, trying to sound excited, but shock was still evident on his face from his previous conversation with the Head of his house.

“Don't know. What did McGonagall want?”

“Not here, Ronald!” snapped Hermione in her usual manner. “Let’s take this to the common room,” she added.

“Yeah,” agreed Harry.

Once they got to the Gryffindor Common room, Ron asked again.

“So what DID McGonagall want?”

“Just to tell me Uncle Vernon died.” replied Harry in an indifferent tone. He was used to people dying.

“Your uncle died? I'm so sorry to hear that Harry.” Hermione said with tears in her eyes.

“Oh, but wait, it gets worst.” he said bitterly.

“Really? How?” Ron asked, obviously curious.

“Aunt Petunia blames me and is refusing to let me return to Privet Drive this summer.”

“Really? That sucks mate.” Ron said, glancing at Harry.

“Horrid woman! What will you do then, Harry?” Hermione asked worryingly.

“I don't know Hermione. McGonagall said arrangements have already been made, but she wouldn't tell me what they were.” he murmured.

“Ah. I guess we'll find out, huh?"

Silence.

"Well, I'm tired. I'm off to bed.” Ron finished with a yawn, already moving up the stairs to the boy's dormitories.

“Yeah, same here. 'Night Hermione.” Harry said, catching up to Ron in the middle of the stairs.

“'Night you two.” Hermione answered resignedly, practically shouting at the two disappearing shadows of her friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you liked it let me knw.....if not....still let me know I LIKE Feedback people!!!

Fan Fic

Feedback

Last edited by Potter_fan; June 13th, 2008 at 12:52 am.
Old January 17th, 2008, 1:39 am
Fifth Year

nice long one for yas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
Chapter 5

In the morning, Harry resignedly woke up, he was still a bit sleepy but seeing Ron bang his head against the four-poster bed was enough to laugh him out of bed, for once. After an angry show that included cursing, glaring, muttering under breath death threats, and more cursing, the two teenage boys dressed up and went downstairs to meet their best friend, Hermione Granger, who looked as if she had been standing there for ages.

And she had, as she had so snapping-ly told them. But after a bit more arguing between Ron and Hermione on proper sleeping , the trio headed down to breakfast, almost ready to start the a new year at Hogwarts.

The four house tables were filled with food and there was chatter everywhere as the trio stepped into the great hall, after sitting down and grabbing something to eat, they finally remembered that they were about to receive their time-tables.

Hermione was commenting on Ron's way on eating, since the poor 'growing' boy was stuffing his mouth as usual, when Harry pointed out that McGonagall was already giving out time-tables and it wasn't too much later when they received their time-tables.

“Well they still have Defense Against the Dark Arts on here. I Guess we'll find out after lunch as far as a teacher,” stated Ron with interest in his voice, which was mostly reserved for Quidditch.

“Yes, guess we will, Ronald. We have Charms first though,” said Hermione, scanning her huge and busy time-table with her eyes.

“Well then, Let's go,” said Harry as he pushed away the rest of his cereal and stood up. The other two member of the 'Golden Trio' as Draco reminded them they were as they passed him in the hallway towards Charms, which then led to Harry having to hold Ron back and expeliarmus his wand before he could kill Malfoy with it. It was one of the many things 'Scarhead', as Malfoy had just called him precisely, was not proud of. Seeing Ron cursing the git would be heaven, curing the ferret himself would be even better than heaven, but getting expelled on his first day for attempted murder and sent to Azkaban was not in the top of his 'To Do' list [which Hermione made him have]

The trio arrive at the Charms classroom just as the bell rang, receiving odd looks from the fellow classmates.

“Settle class, settle.” the tiny Professor Flitwick said, waving his little arm to silence his chattering class as he did every year. The professor looked around the room, faces that he knew well, too well, stared sleepily at him , as if the group had never even opened their mouths.

“Today we will be studying invisibility spells. They work like this," the Ravenclaw head of house in deep blue robes said as he waved he wand slowly, showing the now attentive class the movement, "1,2,3. Inviso!”

He tapped his high desk and it instantly disappeared, without leaving a trace that it was there. There was an excited murmur throughout the whole class, who was now practically standing from their desks in excitement.

Flitwick inwardly smiled and said with the same old voice: “Revelio!”

A second tap to the invisible desk and it reappeared. The class stared in awe.

“This spell will work on objects as well as people. However it's effects are limited on people. This spell should be used carefully. Now, you try.” he said, glad to see such interest coming from the students.

After Harry made half a pot of ink disappear, spilling it all over, and Ron accidentally had made Hermione's back side of her school skirt disappear, which got them into a banter that even the teacher ignored, for when Hermione asked Ron to make it visible again, Ron was reluctant to touch her behind with his wand, again. Hermione, very angry at Ron's 'childish manner' threw an invisibility spell but it accidentally hit Parvati, which disappeared, and soon half the classroom was missing, along with some of it's students. Neville was just a floating head, bumping into the ones that were completely invisible and objects as such, trying to find his wand, like everybody else, since the object had also been made invisible. It took Flitwick 'till the end of class to sort it all out and get all things, and students, back to their visible bodies.

“Well that was a fun class,” Harry said, laughing, as they walked out. “Let's see next we have next..umm...Divination.”

“Uhh, I hate that class.” Ron groaned, he had enough 'fun' for the day. Having seen Hermione's nickers was enough excitement to last him a long time.

“Should have dropped it like me,” Hermione retorted with a smirk.

“See you at lunch, Hermione,” both of her best friends muttered and went the other way. Her smirk still on her face, she went her own way too.

----------------------------------------------

Harry and Ron headed up to the north tower for Divination, still too shocked of what had occurred minutes ago. Ron was silently contemplating the fact that Hermione wore bright pink underwear, and wondered if he could count it against her.

“Welcome back to the wonderful art of Divination, sixth years...” Trelawny's voice drifted from the shadows as the boys settled down. “Today will be a review to see how much you all remember.” the weird woman sighed dramatically.

As the class droned on, Harry trying to ignore Ron's snores and just drifted out of focus and looked out the window, seeing the same dog from Kings Cross on the grounds, or at least he was sure it was the same dog, he sat up with a start and woke up Ron in the process, who looked around and muttered: "Yes, Professor, I do see that he is going to go trough a painful death." But then noticing that it was Harry who had woken him up, he went back to sleep.

“Ron, look out the window!” Harry exclaimed, waking up his friend once again.

“What? Why?” Ron said, startled.

“Just do it,” The young boy with the now shining green eyes said.

“Why? There's nothing out there.” Ron said in a bored tone.

“Wha-- but I saw that dog again!” he exclaimed, pointing at nothing in particular.

“Harry are you feeling ok? Maybe you should go lie down.” Ron said, worrying for his best mate's sanity.

“No, I'm fine. Really,” Harry Potter added, but glancing one more time hopefully out the window.
--------------------------------------

After class Ron and Harry met up with Hermione and the three of them headed to lunch. After lunch they headed to Defense Against the Dark Arts, there was no teacher there when the bell rang. After 5 minutes there was STILL no teacher and another invisibility fight was about to break out.

“This is ridiculous,” A Ravenclaw student in the back said as he moved to leave, but just then, a black dog walked in the classroom right up to the front.

“See? I TOLD you I wasn't crazy” Harry said, staring at the dog with awe.

Ron started to laugh. “What is the DOG gonna teach this class?”

The dog gave an amused glance at Ron and all of the sudden, the dog was gone and a man was standing in his place.

“Actually yes, Mr. Weasley, this dog IS going to teach you.” The man said with a smirk.

The Trio's jaws all dropped, they literally dropped.

“SIRIUS?!?!?”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nice little cliffie for ya's trust me is one of a FAR few. I hate them as well

and PLEASE PLEAE PULEASE give feedback!!! I'm on my knees in a $900 suit!!! so PUUUULEASE!!!!

Fan Fic

Feedback

Last edited by Potter_fan; May 29th, 2008 at 4:21 am.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 6:10 pm
Fifth Year

Chapter 6

“I prefer PROF. Black in the classroom.” Sirius replied, a grin worthy of a Marauder stretched across his still handsome face. “But yes, it is me. I'll explain later. First class.” He added murmured in a hushed tone.

Prof. Black then addressed the classroom, the grin not yet disappearing.

“Someday some of you may have to face Voldemort---”

The class gasped and wince and the new teacher rolled his gray eyes.

“-- Some of you,” he added, looking at the trio. “already have. And it is my job to prepare you if that day should ever come. Now I have been informed that you have all been taught what the three unforgivable curses are. Correct?” he inquired with an eyebrow raised.

The class nodded, their eyes still wide.

“Well today I shall teach you how to BLOCK unfriendly curses. Now granted these will not work against Avada Kedavra but they will help against most other curses. Harry, could you come up here please?”

Harry looked at Ron and Hermione, who were still a bit shocked, stood up and went up to his godfather.

“Ok Harry, now I'm going to try and curse you and I want you to hold up your wand and say ‘Deflectus’, ok?” Professor Black ordered, making sure every syllable of the spell was comprehended.

Harry nodded, still speechless.

“Ready, Harry?”

“Yep,” Harry replied, his voice working for the first time, yet still not knowing one bit what was about to happen.

"1,2,3 HARI KAI!"

“DEFLECTUS!”

A black stream of light hit Harry's wand and the force made his hand twitch and be pointed at Neville, who's chest was penetrated by the black stream of light. A piercing scream was heard from the unfortunate boy, who yelled out in pain so loudly that nearly everyone in the room had to cover their ears.

“Harry, turn your wand away!” Prof. Black told him with urgency in his deep voice.

Harry gulped, and then with a flick of his wand Neville immediately stopped yelling and was left to gasp and sputter, one of his hands holding on to the nearest desk so hard his knuckles were white and the other one clutching his stomach. It took the class a couple of minutes to calm down, and once it did, Professor Black moved towards the front once again.

“That spell is designed to deflect the curse back onto who originally cast it. By moving your wand it went to Neville instead,” the gray-eyed animagus explained.

“Sorry Neville,” Harry apologized to his fellow Gryffindor and close friend, glancing for a moment at the boy.

“T-That's o-ok H-Harry,” Neville muttered, still shaking from the curse that had hit him moments ago.

“Ok, Harry let's try this one. 'Protego', ok?”

Harry simply nodded, still in shock of what had just happened. He seemed to be in shock a lot today, he mused, before Sirius exclaimed the new curse and a jet of black light zoomed towards Harry.

“PROTEGO!”

And all of the sudden, a five by five transparent wall appeared between Harry and Prof. Black and the curse just seemed absorbed into it.

“Good job, Harry! 10 points to Gryffindor! As you all can see that spell will absorb any curse provided, as long as it's not too powerful of a spell being cast at it.” Prof. Black finished just as at the moment the dismissing bell rang.

“Ok, class dismissed! Harry, you three come see me after classes and we can talk, ok?”

“Ok, Prof. Black.” Harry replied as the Golden Trio walked out of the classroom.

No comments were made as the Trio stopped outside the DADA classroom and Hermione took out their schedules, all of the lost in thought and very tired.

“Ok next we have... History of Magic,” Hermione said while looking down at the schedules.

“Ah, good! I can get some sleep then!” Ron replied, a boyish grin on his face and a drowsy look in his eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
new Chapter. YEA!!!!! FEEDBACK PULEESE!!! you know where the link is. trust me it won't bite

Fan Fic

Feedback

Last edited by Potter_fan; May 29th, 2008 at 4:22 am.
Old May 16th, 2008, 6:09 am
Fifth Year

sorry for not posting resently but with lack of feedback IDK if I SHOULD continue. so if you'ld like to read more click the link down there vvv and hit me with some feedback.

Fan Fic

Feedback
Old November 10th, 2008, 5:33 am
Fifth Year

I currently find myself without a BETA so if you are one or know of a good one please PM me if you are interested in BETAing my story so I may continue posting it

Fan Fic

Feedback
Old August 31st, 2010, 12:46 am
Fifth Year

I have decided to try this again...but I need to know it is worth the time to pick it back up...Please read above if you have never read this story before or if you have let me know if I should post more. Thanks

Fan Fic

Feedback
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts