Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Pokemon - the movies

Old February 24th, 2008, 7:48 am
Fourth Year

Pokemon - the movies

There are about 9 soon to be 10 as of 6pm Central time February 24th, 2008 pokemon movies and I have seen them all. Which one is your favorite out of:

Mewtwo Strikes Back
The Power of One
Spell of the Unknown
Celebi: Voice of the Forest
Heros: Latios and Latias
Jirachi Wishmaker
Desteny Deyoxis
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
Pokemon Ranger & The Temple of the Sea
**New Rise of Darkrai.

My favorite one of them all is the first one and then Temple of the Sea. After words is movie 2,4,5,6,7 and so on and so forth.

Xauror-Slytherin_Alchamist09

Inspired Quill Ellion Tavian

House of Night Academy - There is a plot please read that first.

Play and Feed a Hungry Person -all seriousness...test your vocabulary skills 20 grains of rice per right question
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2008, 8:55 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Re: Pokemon - the movies

I've only seen Myuutsu no Gyakushuu (movie 1), Maboroshi no Pokemon: Lugia Bakutan (movie 2), Kesshou tou no teiou ENTEI (movie 3), and Mizu no Miyako no Mamorigami Latias to Latios (movie 5).

The only reason I used these titles is because I've only seen subs of these movies, not counting the first one. I've seen both sub and dub. The others, I've never seen the English versions for.

Now, out of the few I have seen, I'd have to go with the Lugia Bakutan (Revelation Lugia) as my favorite, but I'm a bit biased. I loved the ending theme song, toi et moi by Namie Amuro, which I heard before I got the movie. I swear, I fell in love with that song, and became a semi-fan of Namie Amuro. ^_^ Too bad Kenji didn't get to do more...he was one of my fav characters too...

After that, I'd have to go with Mizu no Miyako no Mamorigami Latias to Latios (which means Guardians of the Water Capital, Latias and Latios). The main reason I really liked that movie was definitely for the music. I wish I had the soundtrack. I really loved Mezase Pokemon Master 2002 by Matsumoto Rika. This version of the song was so nicely done, and fit the opening to the movie where Kasumi and Satoshi were in that race very well.

The 1998 version of Mezase Pokemon Master for the first movie was really well done too, imo, but I still don't care for the movie...well, dub wise I didn't like it. Didn't care for the original either overall for the actual story. Either way, I liked hearing that song play while Satoshi was battling that guy. I'm being biased again...I just love pretty much every version of this song that I've heard. lol

Old February 25th, 2008, 12:55 pm
First Year

Here, in Israel, ever since Pokemon 4ever, they stoped bringing them to the country! Not even Direct-to-DVD!
I did see in theatre 2 and 3, had the Direct-to-Video Mewtwo Returns, and saw Pokemon 4ever on TV.
But I prefer the Videogames more then the TV seires and the movies.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." Jedi Master Yoda, Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace

CauldronNewt
11 3/4 in. Black Walnut with Phoenix Feather core, Unyielding
Proud Hufflepuff
Old February 25th, 2008, 8:43 pm
Registered Animagus

I just saw Rise of Darkrai last night, and it goes up near the top on my favorites list.

I do like the second movie. I also like Pokemon Heroes.

Old February 25th, 2008, 11:19 pm
Fourth Year

So do you think the movies are similar the way they were put together? Or no?

Xauror-Slytherin_Alchamist09

Inspired Quill Ellion Tavian

House of Night Academy - There is a plot please read that first.

Play and Feed a Hungry Person -all seriousness...test your vocabulary skills 20 grains of rice per right question
Old February 26th, 2008, 6:28 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSlytherin View Post
So do you think the movies are similar the way they were put together? Or no?
Mind elaborating on this question more? I'm not really getting it. Put together how? Similar how?

The only similarity I've noticed is that all of the Pokemon movies deals with a legendary Pokemon or legendary Pokemon.

Old March 2nd, 2008, 2:33 pm
First Year

I really really like The Rise Of Darkrai, I have only seen two others to compare it with, but I really liked it.

Rue, even for ruth, here shortly shall be seen,
In the remembrance of a weeping queen.
~Gardener, Richard II.

Old March 6th, 2008, 5:26 am
Fourth Year

... I've seen most of the Pokemon movies... But, my favourite has always been the 1st one =)

When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.
Old March 6th, 2008, 6:59 am
First Year

I saw up to Mewtwo Returns and my favourite was the first movie.

Old March 7th, 2008, 12:47 pm
Second Year

The last movie I saw was the Deoxys one, as I sort of lost interest afterwards. I have read the synopsis and seen lots of screenshots of the latest movies, though, and as a Team Rocket fan I am glad to see they got slightly more screentime lately. (especially the Heart Swap scene in the Manaphy movie, brilliant )

My favorite is Revelation Lugia, mainly due to my liking of Lugia, very nice Team Rocket scenes and the "realistic" villain (oh, come on, who doesn't want to catch the legendary birds ? Face it !). I also like the Celebi movie, with Vicious and that very special "character of the day".

"Remember the part where you weren't talking ? Let's do that again."

Ŕ consommer avec modération.
Old March 13th, 2008, 11:25 pm
Fifth Year

My favourites are the 8th, 9th and 10th. I hated the 7th and 4th and can't remember the rest because its been ages since I saw them, most I've only ever watched once. I really liked the 10th, I've watched it in raw, sub and dub heh (first movie I ever watched in Japanese). The opening song was better in Japanese, the dub made some random song that sounded a lot like Battle Frontier when it yelled "Pokemon" and ended up repeating loads of lines. Together 2007 was much better. And apparently the dub isn't keeping the ending song (which was in English anyway) "I Will Be With You" which was sung by Sarah Brightman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post

After that, I'd have to go with Mizu no Miyako no Mamorigami Latias to Latios (which means Guardians of the Water Capital, Latias and Latios). The main reason I really liked that movie was definitely for the music. I wish I had the soundtrack. I really loved Mezase Pokemon Master 2002 by Matsumoto Rika. This version of the song was so nicely done, and fit the opening to the movie where Kasumi and Satoshi were in that race very well.

The 1998 version of Mezase Pokemon Master for the first movie was really well done too, imo, but I still don't care for the movie...well, dub wise I didn't like it. Didn't care for the original either overall for the actual story. Either way, I liked hearing that song play while Satoshi was battling that guy. I'm being biased again...I just love pretty much every version of this song that I've heard. lol
They should've made a movie version of Ready Go! 4 versions of Mezase Pokemon Master was enough haha. And Ready Go! is my absolute favourite opening song. My favourites versions of it are the 1st, 1998 and 2001. I hated the Whiteberry version.

Has anyone seen trailers for the 11th movie Giratina and the Bouquet of the Sky - Shaymin? Shaymin looks so cute

70% obsessed with HP How obsessed are you?
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:27 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley View Post
They should've made a movie version of Ready Go! 4 versions of Mezase Pokemon Master was enough haha.
Not for me. I love that song, and for the Latias and Latios movie, I really did like the bgm for the film compared to the other ones I've seen.
Quote:
And Ready Go! is my absolute favourite opening song.
I like all of them up to Ready Go! to some extent. Now the ending themes I'm not too fond of.
Quote:
My favourites versions of it are the 1st, 1998 and 2001.
Um...for me...my favs would be...um...all of them!! lol Well, to some extent. lol
Quote:
I hated the Whiteberry version.
I like the music for the Whiteberry version, but not the actual vocals, hence why I prefer the karaoke version to the regular one. Either way, there's no need to worry about Whiteberry doing anymore music for the series. The group disbanded a few years ago. I think they broke up after 2004 since they all graduated high school. I also didn't know that the girls of the group were from Hokkaido. A place I'd love to live in, even for a short while, someday...

Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; March 14th, 2008 at 10:30 am.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 11:22 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
Not for me. I love that song, and for the Latias and Latios movie, I really did like the bgm for the film compared to the other ones I've seen.
Yeah, out of the Pocket Monsters series the 5th had the best BGM and the 4th was worst, I reckon. But overall I think the 6th and 8th had the best BGM, they're great.

Quote:
I like all of them up to Ready Go! to some extent. Now the ending themes I'm not too fond of.
I think they start getting good from Ready Go! and after haha. Although I really like OK!. I especially like Battle Frontier, and Spurt! is really cool. Together's alright but kind of too happy sometimes haha. And I don't really like the early ending themes except Type: Wild. My favourite ending theme is the newest one, Kaze no Message followed by Watashi, Makenai!

Quote:
I like the music for the Whiteberry version, but not the actual vocals, hence why I prefer the karaoke version to the regular one. Either way, there's no need to worry about Whiteberry doing anymore music for the series. The group disbanded a few years ago. I think they broke up after 2004 since they all graduated high school. I also didn't know that the girls of the group were from Hokkaido. A place I'd love to live in, even for a short while, someday...
Good! XD Yeah, its a shame because the actual music was good, I just hated the singing. I hate it when they get children to sing. I would say Rica Matsumoto should've sang that one too, but I'm not sure her voice would fit the music

70% obsessed with HP How obsessed are you?
Old March 26th, 2008, 4:35 am
Second Year

I do like Ready Go! too, but IMO the opening of the 5th movie was just perfect as it was. I'm not such a big fan of Mezase Pokémon Master, but I thought this version felt just right for the atmosphere, the city, the race, etc. And to this day it's still one of my favorite movie opening themes (though I don't know much about the movies after that Jirachi one), right behind OK! 2000, of course. OK! just rocks.

"Remember the part where you weren't talking ? Let's do that again."

Ŕ consommer avec modération.
Old March 26th, 2008, 5:51 am
Sixth Year

I used to watch Pokemon when I was little and I liked it a lot, but now I've grown out of it. I used to have a couple Pokemon videos, but I'm not sure if I have them anymore...

Old March 31st, 2008, 8:25 am
Seventh Year

I've seen the first three. I didn't even know there were that many! My favourite will always be the first; Mewtwo Strikes Back.

Old April 1st, 2008, 9:05 pm
Sirius' Girl

My children are getting into Pokemon now -- they have the movie about Mewtwo and have seen a bunch of the episodes of the animated series.

A very dear friend started their obsession by sending them the cards that her children used when they used to play the card game. When my oldest son was recently hospitalized, he spent all of his time poring over those cards.

Old April 2nd, 2008, 11:39 pm
First Year

There's another movie coming out soon, I think. #11.

My personal favorite is a tie between Mystery of the Unknown and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Both great movies.

<3, Tigga.

Old April 4th, 2008, 3:07 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Yep, movie 11 is coming out, and just like the previous 10, it always come to theatres during the summer. July, if I'm not mistaken, just like the Detective Conan films seem to always come out during the spring or sometime around Golden Week.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime