Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Old April 22nd, 2008, 4:38 am
Secret Keeper

Re: The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
Your like a wizard, Ic. Pulling all these quotes readily out of your sleeves.

It also makes me wonder if we will get any mention of the DA at all in HBP since it was like the main plot of the OOTP movie.
Yeah, well if there is any part of HBP where I want Luna it's gotta be the COMMENTARY!!!

And the fact that JKR said this was one of her favorite parts to write makes me optimistic that she will push for it

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2008, 4:39 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
It also makes me wonder if we will get any mention of the DA at all in HBP since it was like the main plot of the OOTP movie.
YOu know ...I sometimes think my friends are not that bright...last saturday I was wearing my DA tee ...and one of my college friends stared at it...and asked what the DA was...he had seen the movie with me...jeez...for not paying attention ...but this makes me wonder...will the audience remember what it was...or is it just my friends who suck at rememering this things...

disapointed in her friends...

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Old April 22nd, 2008, 5:01 am
Fifth Year

1. Which scene in HBP do you think the audience will cheer if the scene is done right? I noticed OOTP was the most cheer-worthy movie of the series. I remember many people cheering at many points in OOTP so Yates sure can direct a crowd pleaser. Which scene in HBP will induce cheers? Which scene will make you personally want to cheer?
Definately the Harry/Ginnny kiss. And all the femminists will cheer when (if...) Hermione sends her canaries after Ron

2. What would make you groan? What can Yates do to make you truly disgusted in the movie?
Bad kiss, terribly done cave scene, if Gambon screws up Dumbledore again...there are a lot of things that could go wrong, but I'm trying to stay positive

3. What are you going to do if you have to go to the bathroom really badly right as they enter the cave?
um...hold it? i'll make sure not to get a soda at the concession stand...

Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathise with humans whose experiences we have never shared.-JK Rowling
Old April 22nd, 2008, 5:29 am
Third Year

Flight of the Prince

3. How long do you think this scene needs to be?
Well it seems to me that its the crux of the 6th book, so it had better get some emphasis.

8. How long or extravagant will the Harry/Snape duel be? Should it be long and epic or just a quick Snape smack down? Which spells will they use against each other?
This scene must be long enough for 1. Snape to say the line about "blocked again and again until you learn to keep your mouth shut and you mind closed", and 2. for Harry to tell Snape to kill him, then call him a coward, thus the "DON'T CALL ME A COWARD" is delivered in all its glory

12. How do you think Dan will pull off the scene where Harry is kneeling over Dumbledore's corpse at the bottom of the tower?
I think he'll do a good job. He gets drastically better with each movie. He was fantastic in the last one, and I reckon he'll nail this one.

17. How awesome is Alan Rickman going to be in this scene?
As usual, he'll be the reason I have any respect for the films.

~shes gonna dream up the world she wants to live in
shes gonna dream out loud~

U2 -Zooropa

Old April 22nd, 2008, 7:23 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
And isn't that kind of a shame? Who wouldn't want to watch a real wizard's duel with an entire expansive and random assortment of all types of different spells, jinxes, hexes and curses that actually do what they are supposed to do, a duel straight out of the pages of JK Rowling's Harry Potter series which has I think literally re-defined the art of wand-play wizard duels for the modern era. *sigh* Only in my fanboy dreams...

Fanboy? You're a GUY?! *Is shocked*

Quote:
Definitely.

Here's a few questions to get the discussion back on topic:

1. Which scene in HBP do you think the audience will cheer if the scene is done right? I noticed OOTP was the most cheer-worthy movie of the series. I remember many people cheering at many points in OOTP so Yates sure can direct a crowd pleaser. Which scene in HBP will induce cheers? Which scene will make you personally want to cheer?

2. What would make you groan? What can Yates do to make you truly disgusted in the movie?

3. What are you going to do if you have to go to the bathroom really badly right as they enter the cave?
1 - Probably something with the Burrow Battle or whatever the hell they're calling it where Harry can throw something impressive off since the rest of the movie is gonna be a bit of a downer, Though not according to Daniel, seriously I'm freaked out by this movie being called funny. That and Eyebrows McGee aka SuperHermione calling Mr. Weasley "Arthur".

2 - Yates already makes me wanna do inappropriate things. Not inappropriate in the college student sense, the bad kind of inappropriate.

3 - Only weaklings and Arsenal fans take pee breaks during a movie. You don't like Arsenal do you?

"Patrick where are you going?"
"I have to return some video tapes."

"An Apple is not a Banana. This must be stated!" -Me

Last edited by deansboy; April 22nd, 2008 at 9:23 am.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 7:58 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansboy View Post

Eyebrows McGee aka SuperHermione
Finally, someone who shares my fascination with that girl's eyebrows! They have a life of their own!

~shes gonna dream up the world she wants to live in
shes gonna dream out loud~

U2 -Zooropa

Old April 22nd, 2008, 9:31 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyblack23 View Post
Finally, someone who shares my fascination with that girl's eyebrows! They have a life of their own!
They're hypnotic I tell you, thats why she gets everyone's lines. There's a thread on HBP imdb page called "Hermione Granger: The Scene Stealer" nothing vulgar just very funny stuff.

Now if you excuse me, the eyebrows want me to jump off a bridge.

"Look! Up there on the screen, it's a bird, it''s a plane it's Hermione "Eyebrows McGee" Granger! Able to steal lines in a single bound. So much movement that they successfully draw attention from those caterpillars that live on Daniel Radcliffe's forehead."

"Patrick where are you going?"
"I have to return some video tapes."

"An Apple is not a Banana. This must be stated!" -Me

Last edited by deansboy; April 22nd, 2008 at 10:31 am.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:07 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
They're hypnotic I tell you, thats why she gets everyone's lines. There's a thread on HBP imdb page called "Hermione Granger: The Scene Stealer" nothing vulgar just very funny stuff.

Now if you excuse me, the eyebrows want me to jump off a bridge.

"Look! Up there on the screen, it's a bird, it''s a plane it's Hermione "Eyebrows McGee" Granger! Able to steal lines in a single bound. So much movement that they successfully draw attention from those caterpillars that live on Daniel Radcliffe's forehead."

Harry and Ginny's kiss. If they do it right, that will be an awesome moment. I cheered when reading the book - much to my husband's amusement.

Bad characterization - particularly any hint of PinkPowerGranger.

They have bathrooms?

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:20 am
Zonko's Employee

British audiences don't cheer at anything, much. They're not particularly demonstrative.

Things I am looking forward to:

- Spinner's End, which I hope will open the film. A lot rides on that for me. Of course I don't expect Alan, Helen and Helena to let me down.

- The blowing up of the Millennium Bridge. Bring it on.

- The blossoming of Movie Ginny. I want a sweet, touching romance that convinces me.

Nothing. I've never been disgusted by anything in the HP movies to date. I wince at some of the acting in the first two films but that's about it.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 1:32 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
SuperHermione calling Mr. Weasley "Arthur".
oh please...yes...good point...i mean ...pleeease...read the books....!!!!

good point deansboy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_Took View Post
Nothing. I've never been disgusted by anything in the HP movies to date. I wince at some of the acting in the first two films but that's about it.
wouldnt you groan is Dobby is included...I know you are not a fan...or can you tolerate that bit?

surprisingly swishy
Old April 22nd, 2008, 1:45 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

I've never cheered at a film, and I've never been into a cinema where people actually cheered at a film.

If the Riddle backstory isn't dealt with well, that will definitely make me groan. And I can imagine that a lot of the Lavender, Ron and Hermione plot could make me annoyed. I loved it in the book, but I don't know how I'm going to like it in the film.

Hold it in!!

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Old April 22nd, 2008, 1:47 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonyMagic View Post
If the Riddle backstory isn't dealt with well, that will definitely make me groan. And I can imagine that a lot of the Lavender, Ron and Hermione plot could make me annoyed. I loved it in the book, but I don't know how I'm going to like it in the film.
exactly...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 22nd, 2008, 2:04 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montse View Post
wouldnt you groan is Dobby is included...I know you are not a fan...or can you tolerate that bit?
Good call, Montse.

I'll live with it. I do want the films to follow the books, more or less , so it would be good to have Dobby included, particularly for the DH film of course. We haven't seen Film Dobby since November 2002 and CGI has come on so much since then. I thought Kreacher was excellent. So, hopefully Movie Dobby will be an improvement on his 2002 self.

Is he in HBP, then? I'm not always up with the movie news.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 2:08 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Is he in HBP, then? I'm not always up with the movie news.
there are this bust thingys that could mean he is in...i am really happy...but its not definete....just hopes...and guesses...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 22nd, 2008, 2:15 pm
Zonko's Employee

I do love that scene where Harry is grilling Kreacher about following Draco and finding out what he's up to and Kreacher goes on about how Master Draco sleeps in the dungeons like the pureblood aristocrat he is, yada yada, and Harry interrupts with, "yeah, well, we don't need to hear about how much in love with Malfoy you are."

And Kreacher and Dobby have this fight. With Peeves egging them on, which always cracks me up. (I love Peeves, although he would be jolly annoying to have around!)

On the movie issues, I hope that the Lavender subplot is done OK. I'd rather they hadn't included it, I think there are much more important things to concentrate on in the story.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 2:40 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
do love that scene where Harry is grilling Kreacher about following Draco and finding out what he's up to and Kreacher goes on about how Master Draco sleeps in the dungeons like the pure blood aristocrat he is, yAda yAda, and Harry interrupts with, "yeah, well, we don't need to hear about how much in love with Malfoy you are."

And Kreacher and Dobby have this fight. With Peeves egging them on, which always cracks me up. (I love Peeves, although he would be jolly annoying to have around!)
I love all this kreacher Dobby moments in half blood and hallows...they aren't really needed but they are like seasoning ...give flavor to the story...
Quote:
hope that the Lavender subplot is done OK. I'd rather they hadn't included it, I think there are much more important things to concentrate on in the story.
i don't mind much it being included as long as it is treated a s a subplot and done just like in the book with balance with the main topic...not given all the importance or more importance than it deserves...i liked the part in the books ...i am a bit fearful on how it might be shown...maybe given too much spotlight....

surprisingly swishy
Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:20 pm
Registered Animagus

I just had to read about eight pages... WHEW! I will cut it all down into this.

1) Dobby looked so cute!!!! Even if it was just a statue!

2) That description of the Cave is going to be awesome!

3)MoD, you missed something in your list. Dumbledore's death scene is confirmed and they had a stunt guy falling about 100 feet onto a blue mat. I think this was a week or two ago. I also think there were students having to look in the sky. That would be for the Dark Mark.

1. Which scene in HBP do you think the audience will cheer if the scene is done right?
I've never cheered at a film, but I will be happy if:

a) they get the Harry-Ginny kiss done right,
b) If Greyback is perfect
c) if the scene where Draco attacks Harry on the train is great (and Pansy is in the scene, cause for some strange reason I am looking forward to Pansy, lol!)
d) If the inferi look deliciously creepy.
e) The Millienium bridge attack is great

Let's just say I hope I am satisfied with Slughorn's performance. I wanted Bob Hoskins. Hopefully, the movie changes my mind.

HOLD IT!

Old April 22nd, 2008, 4:35 pm
Third Year

1.Which scene in HBP do you think the audience with cheer if done right?
It has to be the Cave scene for me. I mean I really think if they don't do that scene right then it's almost as if I would feel empty about the entire movie.

I think that like LoonyMagic said, the Lavender/Ron thing could get pretty annoying if they try to overdo it. Also I don't think that if they do the cave scene wrong I will groan really loud.

Two of the oddest men you would ever meet.

Supporter of splitting at shell cottage after Dobby's Heroic death.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 6:28 pm
Seventh Year

Just a little bit of trivial news, David Yates won the Best Director award for OotP at the Empire Awards.

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...
Old April 22nd, 2008, 10:46 pm
Zonko's Employee

Ah, yes back on topic!

1. Will the revelation about Dumbledore being gay have any effect on the homosexual demographic going to see this film? Will it increase the ticket sales by expanding into the gay community of the world?

2. Which amusement park ride would you compare to the affect that HBP will have as a movie experience? Will it be a roller coaster, a spook house, a Merry-go-Round, a thrill ride, or something else?

3. Which elements of HBP will be most popular overall with general audiences? The soap opera, the romance, the comedy, the adventure or the horror and the thrills?

4. What is the worst thing someone in the theater could do to disturb the movie?

5. Which fan on this forum would you most want to see HBP with?

6. Will there be a collective GASP in the theater when Snape kills Dumbledore? Will it be along the lines of "I am your father' for general audiences who only follow the films?

7. How long do you predict HBP will stay in theaters? Will it remain for the Christmas season? OOTP was in the theater all summer. I remember seeing OOTP again in early September!

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Last edited by MasterOfDeath; April 23rd, 2008 at 1:08 am.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives