Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Old April 19th, 2008, 6:08 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
Will the audience question the logic of Voldemort assigning the seemingly impossible task of killing Dumbledore, easily the greatest, most powerful, formidable wizard of the century, a man even Voldemort fears, someone not even the dark lord can defeat to a 16 year old kid?

Now, WE all know Voldemort was only punishing the Malfoys and really intended Snape to do the deed because he will no longer require a spy at Hogwarts since it will soon be under his control but the question is will the film make this clear?
I think it all depends on how Narcissa lets know that Voldemort is making the malfoys pay ...

thanks Master for the topic...i agree with arry grotter we have discussed almost everything there is to discuss...WE so need the trailer...

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2008, 6:12 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montse View Post
WE so need the trailer...
Yes, we NEED that trailer!

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old April 19th, 2008, 6:26 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
Yes, we NEED that trailer!
YEAH WE DO!!!

Quote:
Since there's two chapters left to discuss (ones of which we discuss frequently), I think we've discussed everything possible, honestly...
Ah, what the heck, let's finish this up, here they are:

Chapters 29 and 30

If you wish to view the Previous Chapters you can find them here:

Ch. 1 and 2

Ch. 3 and 4

Ch. 5 and 6

Ch. 7 and 8

Ch. 9 and 10

Ch. 11 and 12

Ch. 13 and 14

Ch. 15 and 16

Ch. 17 and 18

Ch. 19 and 20

Ch. 21 and 22

Ch. 23 and 24

Ch. 25 and 26

Ch. 27 and 28

29. Phoenix Lament (21 pg.)- 3 minutes (Possibly Cut)

- Ginny leads Harry to the Hospital Wing
- Discussion with the Order (RECOUNT of EVENTS) and the Fawke’s Lament
- McGonagall asks Harry what happened and the heads of houses arrive
-discussion of closing the school

30. The White Tomb (19 pg.)- 4 minutes

- Dumbledore’s funeral
- Hermione discovers that Eileen Prince was Snape’s mother
- Harry breaks up with Ginny
Quote:
“Voldemort uses people his enemies are close to”
- Harry says he WON’T return to Hogwarts
- Ron and Hermione pledge to stay by his side
Quote:
“We’re with you whatever happens”

NOTE: This is ALSO an OUTLINE of the Book in addition to being an estimated TIMESTAMP for the Film!

Thoughts on WHAT should/will be INCLUDED and HOW you want these Chapters FILMED???

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 19th, 2008 at 7:39 am.
Old April 19th, 2008, 6:31 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Phoenix Lament (21 pg.)- 3 minutes (Possibly Cut)

- Ginny leads Harry to the Hospital Wing
- Discussion with the Order and the Fawke’s Lament
- McGonagall asks Harry what happened and the heads of houses arrive
-discussion of closing the school
we have discussed a bit about this one...may I only add i wish they do a nice score..a sad one ,the kind that when you listen to it makes you want to cry...something that will stick to your head like hedwig´s theme...I want a nice sad musical score for this...

Quote:
Harry breaks up with Ginny
I hope they do this one a bit better than they did the one in spiderman...that one sucked ...sorry for the comparison...but I find them similar in a way---
IMO this one needs to show how much Harry wants to be with her,how hard it is for him to say what he says...and it has to show how even though Ginny hates what she is listening to ,she understands and is willing to let him go...without crying ...at least ...in front of him...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 19th, 2008, 6:36 am
Master of the Magical Arts

My two cents for the scene on the tower - I'd like that to be similar to the scene in Hagrid's hut from COS where Harry and Ron were hiding under the cloak. That was a nice mix of wide shots showing the whole scene, shots showing Harry and Ron's faces, and shots showing their point of view from under the cloak with the filmy cloak being transparent, but visible. I think that would work for the tower with wide shots showing the whole scene, shots of Harry's face, and shots from Harry's point of view under the cloak.

If they include the lessons about non-verbal spells, then Dumbledore casting a spell nonverbally shouldn't confuse the audience, IMO. They can show Dumbledore wave his wand in Harry's direction and cut to a shot of Harry under the cloak trying to move. Plus, we'll have something similar at the beginning with Draco using the body bind on Harry on the train and covering him with the cloak. So I don't think that will be confusing if they do it right.

Quote:
Fair enough, ok sorry, I forgot to explain the James notion, here it is (underlined):

My point is, this part would NOT MAKE SENSE,

because in OotP SWM he didn't use LEVICORPUS or the Prince's Spells, he used something that sounded like Imperimento or whatever

I don't know, just an observation
Well, that is something they can bring back in for the HBP movie - possibly during Harry's detentions with Snape. I did think it was odd that they had the kids using Levicorpus at the Ministry in OOTP because that was one of the Prince's spells. I guess they'll just focus on the other spells from the book.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm quite sure THAT would NOT be ALLOWED in HBP, I was creeped out by it too, but I was making a point that I don't want a "Modern Flesh Eating Movie Zombie" type for the Inferi

I agree, that's what it seems Dumbledore and Snape say afterall

they are NORMAL Humans who have been dead a while and are under Voldemorts spell
Well, if you remove the blood and gore, that's actually really close to how I pictured the Inferi - bit more ragged for the clothing though. Resident Evil did a good job with that - some of the "zombies" looked quite normal - in that they weren't covered in blood and gore yet. I haven't been able to find a good picture yet though.

Quote:
Here's something to discuss:

Will the audience question the logic of Voldemort assigning the seemingly impossible task of killing Dumbledore, easily the greatest, most powerful, formidable wizard of the century, a man even Voldemort fears, someone not even the dark lord can defeat to a 16 year old kid?

Now, WE all know Voldemort was only punishing the Malfoys and really intended Snape to do the deed because he will no longer require a spy at Hogwarts since it will soon be under his control but the question is will the film make this clear?

Will people laugh when Draco steps out onto the tower and claims that he is going to kill Dumbledore? If they laugh, is this a good thing? Could it stifle the drama?
I think that will depend on how they present it in Spinner's End. That's where we learn that Draco being given the assignment was punishment for Lucius' mistakes. That was Narcissa's fear and why she went to Snape for help.

We also get a sense of that from Draco both in the bathroom just before he fights with Harry and on the tower when he says that he doesn't have a choice because Voldemort threatened Narcissa and he knows that he'll be killed if he fails. If they present those scenes consistently, the audience should understand why Draco was chosen.

Quote:
I think it all depends on how Narcissa lets know that Voldemort is making the malfoys pay ...

thanks Master for the topic...i agree with arry grotter we have discussed almost everything there is to discuss...WE so need the trailer...
Yes! Bring on the trailer! Please?

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old April 19th, 2008, 6:37 am
Secret Keeper

What do you guys and gals think, Should the film end with this line from the Book?

Quote:
I don't think it's "cheesy" at all

It's not like "everything's going to change now, isn't it?" or "we've got something worth fighting for"

I think it truly shows what GREAT friends Harry has.

I think it's a GREAT line and the film should end with this, anyone else???

NOTE: it should be RON who says this!!!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 19th, 2008 at 6:42 am.
Old April 19th, 2008, 6:38 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
think that will depend on how they present it in Spinner's End. That's where we learn that Draco being given the assignment was punishment for Lucius' mistakes. That was Narcissa's fear and why she went to Snape for help.

thats what i meant ,only you said it better!!!

Quote:
don't think it's "cheesy" at all

It's not like "everything's going to change now, isn't it?" and I think it truly shows what GREAT friends Harry has.

Well,some might call it cheesy...I dont ...I like it and i agree. with you LC..how weird is that? ...that it should be Ron´s line....

surprisingly swishy
Old April 19th, 2008, 6:42 am

I had a thought.
There is no Bill, so no Hospital Wing (unless they go there for someone else)
What does everything think of them going to DUMBLEDORE'S OFFICE for the Phoenix Lament Scene?

Quote:
we have discussed a bit about this one...may I only add i wish they do a nice score..a sad one ,the kind that when you listen to it makes you want to cry...something that will stick to your head like hedwig´s theme...I want a nice sad musical score for this...
I haven't given much thought into The Phoenix Lament, but it must be a good score!

Quote:
I hope they do this one a bit better than they did the one in spiderman...that one sucked ...sorry for the comparison...but I find them similar in a way---
IMO this one needs to show how much Harry wants to be with her,how hard it is for him to say what he says...and it has to show how even though Ginny hates what she is listening to ,she understands and is willing to let him go...without crying ...at least ...in front of him...
Can't you just hear the critics saying the film was too Spiderman-like?

Last edited by ArryGrotter; April 19th, 2008 at 6:47 am.
Old April 19th, 2008, 6:44 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:

thats what i meant ,only you said it better!!!

Well,some might call it cheesy...I dont ...I like it and i agree. with you LC..how weird is that? ...that it should be Ron´s line....
Well, it IS RON's LINE in the Book.

I don't want this given to Hermione and besides, I don't know why, but it seems more manly.

Quote:
It just sounds like something that would actually be said between best buds

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 19th, 2008 at 6:46 am.
Old April 19th, 2008, 6:45 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
I am afraid I can...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 19th, 2008, 6:46 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
What do you guys and gals think, Should the film end with this line from the Book?

I don't think it's "cheesy" at all

It's not like "everything's going to change now, isn't it?" or "we've got something worth fighting for"

I think it truly shows what GREAT friends Harry has.

Absolutely - and it should most definitely be Ron who says that line.

I don't think it's cheesy either. What I loved about this moment was how it mirrored the first book where Ron and Hermione told Harry they were going down to the dungeon with him and overruled his objections for why they shouldn't - particularly with Hermione saying that had been decided years ago. This is one of my favorite trio moments in the series.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old April 19th, 2008, 6:46 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Well, it IS RON LINE in the Book.
I know ...thats why i said it should be his...
for once could Ron say what he is supposed to say...

about the line "We are with you whatever happens"

I think it should be ron cause its his line,plus he saying this and then leaving in Hallows aftere saying "We thought you knew what you were doing !!"will add drama to the scene in hallows...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 19th, 2008, 7:05 am
Secret Keeper

ArryGrotter, what do you think???

Quote:
End the movie with this line? (It's Ron's line from the Book)

Quote:
IMO, it should be done like the Book:

Quote:
HARRY

"Ginny, listen..."

"I can't be involved with you anymore. We've got to stop seeing each other. We can't be together."

GINNY

"It's for some stupid, noble reason, isn't it?"

HARRY

"It's been like... like something out of someone else's life, these last few weeks with you," "But I can't... we can't... I've got things to do alone now."

"Voldemort uses people his enemies are close to. He's already used you as bait once, and that was just because you're my best friends sister. Think how much danger you'll be in if we keep this up. He'll know, he'll find out. He'll try and get to me through you."

GINNY

"What if I don't care?

HARRY

"I care, how do you think I'd feel if this was your funeral... and it was my fault"

GINNY

"I never really gave up on you. Not really. I always hoped...Hermione told me to get on with my life, maybe go out with some other people, relax a bit around you, because I never used to be able to talk if you were in the room, remember?"

And she thought you might take a bit more notice if I was a bit more...myself."

HARRY

"Smart girl, that Hermione." "I just wish I'd asked you sooner. We could've had ages...months...years maybe..."

GINNY

"But you've been too busy saving the Wizarding world." "Well...I can't say I'm surprised. I knew this would happen in the end. I knew you wouldn't be happy unless you were hunting Voldemort. Maybe that's why I like you so much"

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 19th, 2008 at 7:11 am.
Old April 19th, 2008, 7:10 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
HARRY

"Ginny, listen..."

"I can't be involved with you anymore. We've got to stop seeing each other. We can't be together."

GINNY

"It's for some stupid, noble reason, isn't it?"

HARRY

"It's been like... like something out of someone else's life, these last few weeks with you," "But I can't... we can't... I've got things to do alone now."

"Voldemort uses people his enemies are close to. He's already used you as bait once, and that was just because you're my best friends sister. Think how much danger you'll be in if we keep this up. He'll know, he'll find out. He'll try and get to me through you."

GINNY

"What if I don't care?

HARRY

"I care, how do you think I'd feel if this was your funeral... and it was my fault

GINNY

"I never really gave up on you." "Not really. I always hoped...Hermione told me to get on with my life, maybe go out with some other people, relax a bit around you, because I never used to be able to talk if you were in the room, remember?

And she thought you might take a bit more notice if I was a bit more...myself."

HARRY

"Smart girl, that Hermione." "I just wish I'd asked you sooner. We could've had ages...months...years maybe..."

GINNY

"But you've been too busy saving the Wizarding world." "Well...I can't say I'm surprised. I knew this would happen in the end. I knew you wouldn't be happy unless you were hunting Voldemort. Maybe that's why I like you so much"

Supporter of Splitting at Shell Cottage
I like it in the book.But i doubt we will get it like this...they usually add their own words to most things...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 19th, 2008, 7:13 am

Quote:
ArryGrotter, what do you think???

End the movie with this line? (It's Ron's line from the Book)
Yep.
Then pan up/ zoom out/ some camera work, then fade out.
Credits.

Quote:
I like it in the book.But i doubt we will get it like this...they usually add their own words to most things...
Yeah, Kloves writes most fo the dialogue himself. Goldenberg kept more of the books lines in.

Old April 19th, 2008, 7:17 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Yep.
Then pan up/ zoom out/ some camera work, then fade out.
Credits.
EXACTLY, no lame ending like the other HP films

So, it seems EVERYONE so far is in favor of using this line!!!

Quote:
Oh, Master's online again, what do you think MoD?

PS. check your OWL's

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 19th, 2008 at 7:27 am.
Old April 19th, 2008, 7:31 am
Zonko's Employee

Ending on Ron's line like in the book is perfect!

I had thought of something extremely cheesy a long time ago but I'll post it here for you to have a good laugh. How about the ending scene went like this:

RON
Come now. How could you go on without Hermione's brain?

HERMIONE
Ha, how could you possibly go on without Ron's humor?

HARRY
I don't know...but I sure can make it without you two's bickering...

They laugh.

RON
We're with you till the end, mate.

HERMIONE
No matter what happens.

Harry smiles.

END SCENE.

Now, that is cheese!

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Old April 19th, 2008, 7:34 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Ending on Ron's line like in the book is perfect!

I have thought of something extremely cheesy a long time ago but I'll post it here for you to have a good laugh. How about the ending scene went like this:

RON
Come now. How could you go on without Hermione's brain?

Hermione
Ha, how could you possibly go on without Ron's humor?

HARRY
I don't know...but I sure can make it without you two's bickering...

They laugh.

RON
We're with you till the end, mate.

HERMIONE
No matter what happens.

Harry smiles.

END SCENE.

Now, that is cheese!

Actually, that wasn't all that bad Master! I could see JKR writing that

I kind-of liked it, it's more being smartassses than cheesy

Old April 19th, 2008, 7:41 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Will people laugh when Draco steps out onto the tower and claims that he is going to kill Dumbledore? If they laugh, is this a good thing? Could it stifle the drama?
if they foreshadow it right, they won't laugh, or at least they shouldn't. maybe there should be a little bit of surprise, like "omg i didn't think he'd actually do it" but no laughing. (that was my reaction the first time i read HBP anyway)

Quote:
mhm. actually, that's kind of what i said after reading the book

Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathise with humans whose experiences we have never shared.-JK Rowling
Old April 19th, 2008, 7:59 am
Secret Keeper

I have a question that hopefully someone can answer:

How is Lavender Brown described, appearance?

I haven't been able to find much description in HBP and I looked at Lexicon and HP Wiki, nothing

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 19th, 2008 at 8:03 am.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives