Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Old April 29th, 2008, 3:32 pm
Registered Animagus

Re: The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Hmm, I could see where they try to trick the movie-goer into believing that Slughorn is the so called "Half-Blood Prince." He is a new character, and through out the movies it was rather difficult to trust a new character. This would be a good way to play that out.

So the rumors are heightened that Scrimgeour WILL be in a couple of scenes. He doesn't want his name casted, because he wants it to be surprise? Just how popular does Bill think Scrimgeour is?! Sure everyone wants to see him, but he is not the most important new character in the movie!

Old April 29th, 2008, 3:41 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Perhaps Bill Nighy thinks HE is that popular - that a cameo by him would be a nice surprise. (Judging from reactions here, he could be right).

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Avatar by nerwende, signature art by sigune, used with permission.
Old April 29th, 2008, 3:44 pm
Winning Teamster

I don't think it is anything of the sort!

Come on - we have just had a rumour that Scrimgeour might be in. We don't even know that for certain!

How on earth can we conclude anything from the fact that we haven't heard who plays him?

Nighy has been suggested by fans for a long time, and Yates is on record as saying that he likes the idea. That's about it.

I am not sure how popular Bill NIghy is - it just so happens that I immediately saw someone much like him when I read about Scrimgeour, without even thinking about a film version. SO I'd be happy. But he hasn't had very big *visible* roles (a giant CGI squid doesn't really count, does it?).....

My personal enthusiasm for Bill Nighy is actually due to the (IMHO) best radio performance I have EVER heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montse View Post
It certaily gives me hope of the one of my favorite quotes being included.
Dumbledore´s man through and through.

Absolutely. I really WANT that scene in there in some form - and I would guess that this scene is the only good reason to introduce a completely new character anyway: I am honestly not sure who Harry would say this to if Scrimgeour isn't there - it has to be a ministry person of very high standing, and they really can't keep Fudge. So, since they have to introduce someone new anyway..... But if Scrimgeour IS there, surely it is mainly for this scene!

I hope the rumour is true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_Took View Post
I'm not up with the HP movie news, Klio, but YEAH!!!!!!!

Bill, Bill, our man Bill! That would be such brilliant casting.

Yes, indeed.....

haiku by Silwe Elessan

Proud to be in Ravenclaw
I served on the campaign which got Hermione and Neville elected as co-ministers of Magic

Last edited by Klio; April 29th, 2008 at 4:50 pm.
Old April 29th, 2008, 4:04 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
That would be awesome! I hope it's true.

Good luck with your Finals!

I agree. We're still getting casting announcements here and there even though they're almost done with filming. I don't think we know the full cast list yet. And there was that report on IMDB from a fan who said they were filming near where he lived and posted pictures showing the film crew at a small house with a carriage and horses. That could be the Gaunts so I haven't given up hope.
Yeah all we really can do is hope we dont have the full casting list. I don't think we do have the antire casting list like you said, so I'm not worried yet. And your right there has been stuff out there like the small house, that still gives us hope that the Gaunts are still in HBP. I think they will be, it was one of the most interesting parts of the book IMO.

Thanks for the luck I'll need it.

Two of the oddest men you would ever meet.

Supporter of splitting at shell cottage after Dobby's Heroic death.
Old April 29th, 2008, 5:41 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klio View Post
Absolutely. I really WANT that scene in there in some form - and I would guess that this scene is the only good reason to introduce a completely new character anyway: I am honestly not sure who Harry would say this to if Scrimgeour isn't there - it has to be a ministry person of very high standing, and they really can't keep Fudge. So, since they have to introduce someone new anyway..... But if Scrimgeour IS there, surely it is mainly for this scene!

I hope the rumour is true!
Well,I dont even know who Billy is,but if he is included and he is portraying Scrimmy,then chances are the qoute I mentioned is in ,and that would certainly be a great surprise for me,becasue I love that line.

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Old April 29th, 2008, 5:43 pm
Seventh Year

I assume we're all talking about Bill Nighy?

HOW are they going to fit all these people in without rushing the more important scenes?

Old April 29th, 2008, 5:44 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Well,I dont even know who Billy is,but if he is included and he is portraying Scrimmy,then chances are the qoute I mentioned is in ,and that would certainly be a great surprise for me,becasue I love that line.
He played the rocker who had the popular Christmas song in "Love, Actually"

And he played (I think) Bootstrap Bill in POTC movies.

Old April 29th, 2008, 5:47 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
And he played (I think) Bootstrap Bill in POTC movies.
oh ,Ok.Thankyou.

Him ?
as Scrimmy?
I somewhat pictured Scrimmy different.
Well ,whatever ,I want the quote in.Regardless of who Scrimmy is played by.
This is a character you wont have me bieng picky about.

surprisingly swishy
Old April 29th, 2008, 5:50 pm
Fourth Year

Bill played Davy Jones in Pirates. He was also the head vampire in Underworld (Not the creator). His part in "Love Actually" fabulous. Actually the movie is fabulous in general.

I pictured him as this kind of bigger man, not fat but a solid frame thats intimidating even with the cane.

"Patrick where are you going?"
"I have to return some video tapes."

"An Apple is not a Banana. This must be stated!" -Me
Old April 29th, 2008, 5:53 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansboy View Post
Bill played Davy Jones in Pirates.
Aha, I thought I might have been wrong.

Old April 29th, 2008, 6:00 pm
Winning Teamster

Well, I can't remember the name, but in pirates he was the character who had the head of a giant squid or something of that kind.

I think his look as Slartibartfast in the Hithc Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy might be closest to what I think of as Scrimgeour - although he'd need a different, more leonine hairstyle.

He has an absolutely amazing voice - by the way. He still does a lot of very varied radio work - but his absolutely best performance is Samwise Gamgee in the BBC Radio 4 version of LotR.

ANyway - I think he'd be great.

Montse - I really hope that scene and that line is in. I think it is an important part of Harry's significant 'growing up' in HBP. And it offers some really seriously good chance for brilliant character development.

haiku by Silwe Elessan

Proud to be in Ravenclaw
I served on the campaign which got Hermione and Neville elected as co-ministers of Magic
Old April 29th, 2008, 6:35 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Montse - I really hope that scene and that line is in. I think it is an important part of Harry's significant 'growing up' in HBP. And it offers some really seriously good chance for brilliant character development.
As I see it ,no harm can come of sparing a few minutes on such a scene,and like you say Kilo it will help for character development.Therefore I am crossing my fingers.

surprisingly swishy
Old April 29th, 2008, 6:57 pm
Seventh Year

I can totally understand why people would want that line in, because it is okay. However, why couldn't he say that to MacGonnagol(?) or something? Or even to Ron and Hermione? It would work just as well, i think.

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...
Old April 29th, 2008, 7:15 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
I can totally understand why people would want that line in, because it is okay. However, why couldn't he say that to McGonagall(?) or something? Or even to Ron and Hermione? It would work just as well, i think.
Oh no,no ,no,no,no ,no.
He has to say it to Scrimy.Do remember Scrimgeour wants Harry to give the impression he is working side by side with the ministry.Yet the Ministry has just been awful not only to Harry,but is doing a lot of not right things just to give the impression they are doing something.Dumbledore disagrees with the Ministry and so does Harry.So Harry says the famous quote to Scrimy just to set things clear,that he does not approve of the ministry ways of acting,and that he trusts Dumbledore.That is why the line has to be delivered to Scrimy and not to Ron or McGonagall.

surprisingly swishy
Old April 29th, 2008, 7:38 pm
Winning Teamster

Quote:
I can totally understand why people would want that line in, because it is okay. However, why couldn't he say that to MacGonnagol(?) or something? Or even to Ron and Hermione? It would work just as well, i think.
^ What Montse said...

and.... actually, saying this to the MINISTER takes a lot of courage. Harry is a school kid, technically. But for me, this was the point where he realises that simply because of his fate, he is involved in, well, 'high politics'. He can't help that, and so, all of 16, he takes up that role and decides to go his own way.

I mean, who of us was interested, let alone involved in politics of this kind at that age? Harry has to find his OWN policy, defend it against what is basically the highest man in the land, and then follow up on it, against the authority and power the government can throw at him (as he has already seen more than once!). It makes me shudder just to think about it. To me, this was one of the most creepy, scary and impressive scenes in HBP. Harry's famous line, and the bit where she shows Scrimgeour the writing on his hand. <shudder>

So, the sentence is very good, of course, but it isn't primarily WHAT Harry says that makes the scene, but when he says it, and to whom.

I mean, saying this to McGonagall or any of his friends would be a bit sentimental, but wouldn't mean much - said to Scrimgeour it represents a very distinct decision, and a good deal of courage: Harry challenges the government, and he does so to the face of the Minister himself.

The decision expressed there, essentially, is the sentiment that sends Harry on the 'camping trip' and on (through Aberforth's pub, where he gets challenged with great authority one last time) into that forest again.....

So, although I am usually accused of not exactly being a purist - this is something I'd really like to see.

haiku by Silwe Elessan

Proud to be in Ravenclaw

Last edited by Klio; April 29th, 2008 at 7:42 pm.
Old April 29th, 2008, 7:44 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
So, the sentence is very good, of course, but it isn't primarily WHAT Harry says that makes the scene, but when he says it, and to whom.
I definatly see what and Montse are saying. I was just thinking of an alternative way of including the quote without having to specifically include Scrimmy simply for the specific scene or line.

Do you love the Final Fantasy series, but have no-one to discuss it with? Then come and join http://forums.finalfantasyvii.info/index.php, a small friendly community where people are kind and helpful - much like CoS.

Wimsey's man through and through...

Last edited by jammi567; April 29th, 2008 at 7:46 pm.
Old April 29th, 2008, 7:54 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
and.... actually, saying this to the MINISTER takes a lot of courage. Harry is a school kid, technically. But for me, this was ther point where he realises that simply because of his fate, he is involved in, well, 'high politics'. He can't help that, and so, all of 16, he takes up that role and decides to go his own way.

So, the sentence is nice, but it isn't primarily WHAT he says that makes the scene, but when he says it, and to whom.

I mean, saying this to mcGonagall or any of his friends would be a bit sentimental, but wouldn't mean much - said to Scrimgeour it represents a very distinct decision, and a good deal of courage.

THAT. essentially, is the sentiment that sends Harry on the 'camping trip' and on (through Aberforth's pub, where he gets challenged with great authority one last time) into that forest again.....
Oh yes.Think about it,it could have been said to dumbledore himself too,as it happens later on ,and deeply mooves Dumbledore.Set aside the loyalty Harry is showing,its that deisre to do what is right and not what is more convinient,(loads of ethical issues around this point)that makes the quote so great.It underlines the importance of choice once more.Harry is choosing what will not be so easy ,because he believes in Dumbledore´s wisdom,he wants to do what is right and he is willing to face the consequences of his choices.All this makes the line great,and if you think about it,Harry will somehow question this statement of his,later on in Hallows,thats why I would love to see it included.

I am really hoping to get the line in,and who knows maybe later even get a tee with the quote.

Quote:
I definatly see what and Montse are saying. I was just thinking of an alternative way of including the quote without having to specifically include Scrimmy simply for the specific scene or line
I think ,and this is me,that for the line to have the impact it should it can be delivered to no one else,but Scrimmy.

surprisingly swishy
Old April 29th, 2008, 7:59 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
People will be wondering who the HBP is. If the trailer is plastered with Snape, they'll now straight away. It is a good thing that there is minimal Snape in the trailer
Yeah, you're right. But I just can't wait for the film and the trailer is the only thing keeping me going.

Old April 29th, 2008, 8:03 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by charli2205 View Post
Yeah, you're right. But I just can't wait for the film and the trailer is the only thing keeping me going.
we are all in the same boat.can you imagine next year ,and the next when we wont have Potter for the next like 23 months!!!

surprisingly swishy
Old April 29th, 2008, 8:08 pm
First Year

Quote:
we are all in the same boat.can you imagine next year ,and the next when we wont have Potter for the next like 23 months!!!
Oh goodness, I don't know what I'm going to do then, I might have to freeze myself for two years ,Cartman style.

Back to the film, and slight change of subject, I really DO hope they put "there's no need to call me sir, professor." part in. That one line would be so worth the wait.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives