Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Old April 29th, 2008, 10:49 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman View Post
Unless I'm mistaken this has already been cut, I may be wrong though I'm not great on all of this movie stuff like Lc and Monste.
my blushes,thanks for the compliment,but i am not great,the one who keeps record of all this is MoD.

The other minister has been cut,they are doing the bridge collapsing instead.
which me thinks is loads better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseelf25 View Post
Originally Posted by Litium_femme
It seems the trailer is fake

LAME! that trailor sounded really cool
Aww,I liked how it sounded,it was great.sighs ,well ...what can we do,but hope they come up with something similar or better.

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2008, 10:59 pm
First Year

Since a trailer usually takes 2:20 minutes at least and the scenes in this one are fitting for a teaser.

Hmm, I honestly, did not liked the trailer as whole as much as I liked certain scenes in it.

I am BG & CAN
Old April 29th, 2008, 11:06 pm
Third Year

Yeah the trailer really seemed like it was going great. But this is typical movie stuff that is to be expected so I'm not all that disappointed. But lets just hope something similar is released, because it did seem like it was going to give us a lot to discuss. Oh well I'm sure what they will give us will be good.

Two of the oddest men you would ever meet.

Supporter of splitting at shell cottage after Dobby's Heroic death.
Old April 29th, 2008, 11:11 pm
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
I definatly see what and Montse are saying. I was just thinking of an alternative way of including the quote without having to specifically include Scrimmy simply for the specific scene or line.
I agree with Montse and Klio. That significance of that line is not the line itself - it's the fact that Harry said that to the Minister of Magic himself. Sure, it's nice for Harry to say that he's Dumbledore's man, but that doesn't have much impact if he's saying that to one of his friends or someone else in the Order who already knows it. Standing up to the Minister and refusing to be their poster boy - not to mention the fact that he blatantly points out the things that the Ministry did wrong in the past and is currently doing wrong - has more impact and shows Harry's courage.

If they're going to include that scene - at the very least - it needs to be done with someone from the Ministry because part of the focus there is the corruption within the Ministry being the reason Harry is so opposed to the idea. It demonstrates Harry's ideals and how they mesh with Dumbledores. Scrimgeour would be the ideal because that's who it was in the book and Harry standing up to the Minister himself has a lot of impact. But, if they can't work Scrimgeour in, that scene should be with a Ministry official representing the Minister at the very least, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
Well, the new scene that they made for the film, iirc, is supposed to take place around Christmas, so i think that it is in.

Well, that's where Harry finds out about it. But i don't see Scrimmy waiting that long to try and make Harry his poster boy, so it could have started as early as when he got the job as Minister for Magic.

Just like i said in my post, then.
There are a lot of things they could do there. The newspaper articles would be good for showing Scrimgeour - as was suggested above. They could do something similar to OOTP there - showing the article with the moving picture that segues into a brief scene at the Ministry of Scrimgeour making a statement. That would also serve the purpose of showing the different tragedies in the wizarding news. I have wondered if they might have something for the muggle news - perhaps Harry hearing or seeing a television news report about the bridge collapse? They could also show Scrimgeour leaving Dumbledore's office with Harry witnessing that and hearing Scrimgeour say something about Dumbledore cooperating - or not cooperating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litium_femme View Post
It seems the trailer is fake
That's too bad. That trailer transcript looked really good. But we still have the description that was given a while back - didn't that come from Scoop?

But the set report! That's awesome.

Scoop set reportEvanna Lynch was also filming yesterday on a green screen in the comentators box for the quidditch match, complete with her hat.
Evanna is always great!

Luna commenting on the Quidditch match - wearing her hat! I assume that's the lion hat that roars. I was so hoping this would be included. I love Luna's commentary!

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old April 29th, 2008, 11:14 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Back to the film, and slight change of subject, I really DO hope they put "there's no need to call me sir, professor." part in. That one line would be so worth the wait.
Oh my gosh I agree!! It's one of my favorite lines. Hopefully it can be pulled off correctly!

Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
Old April 29th, 2008, 11:18 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
Luna commenting on the Quidditch match - wearing her hat! I assume that's the lion hat that roars. I was so hoping this would be included. I love Luna's commentary!
I like this bit,i always wanted her with her hat to be included.

surprisingly swishy
Old April 29th, 2008, 11:21 pm
Winning Teamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
Scoop set reportEvanna Lynch was also filming yesterday on a green screen in the comentators box for the quidditch match, complete with her hat.
Evanna is always great!

LOL... that'll be hilarious!!

This could be such a trainwreck of a scene - I dreaded it as a film when I first read it. But knowing Evanna Lynch now..... it'll be fantastic. She'll be so dreamy/spaced out while doing this.

haiku by Silwe Elessan

Proud to be in Ravenclaw
I served on the campaign which got Hermione and Neville elected as co-ministers of Magic
Old April 30th, 2008, 1:48 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I'm so excited to hear that Luna's commentating has been kept into the film. I hope it doesn't change too much because I imagined exactly Evanna's voice when Luna said those things and it's one of my top 5 favourite scenes in the book.

The trailer sounded good. Hopefully it's real. If not, hopefully the real one is better.

Cheers

Old April 30th, 2008, 2:01 am
Third Year

Yeah I'm not sure who I was discussing this with(I think it was MoD) but we were saying how great it would be just if Luna was incorporated in HBP. We were hoping Harry taking her to Slughorn's party would be were she makes her appearance, but I really like the Qudditch match scene also. Having in her in both would be great though.

Old April 30th, 2008, 2:03 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman View Post
Yeah I'm not sure who I was discussing this with(I think it was MoD) but we were saying how great it would be just if Luna was incorporated in HBP. We were hoping Harry taking her to Slughorn's party would be were she makes her appearance, but I really like the Qudditch match scene also. Having in her in both would be great though.
I hope we get both scenes,more of Luna can never be bad,she is always great.

surprisingly swishy
Old April 30th, 2008, 2:26 am
Third Year

Yeah it really just adds to the characters that we want more of in the movies. But I mean, hey that's what were here for right?

Old April 30th, 2008, 3:52 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klio View Post
LOL... that'll be hilarious!!

This could be such a trainwreck of a scene - I dreaded it as a film when I first read it. But knowing Evanna Lynch now..... it'll be fantastic. She'll be so dreamy/spaced out while doing this.
After seeing Evanna's performance in OOTP, I have really been looking forward to Luna's scenes in HBP. Evanna is just the embodiment of Luna - especially that dreamy voice - absolutely perfect casting there. I was worried that they might cut her commentary. I'm so glad they are including it - it was such a funny moment in the book.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old April 30th, 2008, 6:04 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
*SCOOP
* CommentTime1 hour ago

Guys the trailer transcript below is a complete fabrication. The trailer is NOTHING like that...
That's stinks... I liked that trailer...

Quote:
' anyhow were heading into the last week of filming and the last few days has been quite quiet.

Today there was a scene with Draco, Harry and Snape, were Harry overhears Snape and Draco talking! Alan Rickman was great, there was a really nice quality to Snape and i cant put my finger on it but i felt there was a completely new dimension to his character in this scene.
This sounds promising that this scene will make Snape's loyalties be questioned

Quote:
Evanna Lynch was also filming yesterday on a green screen in the comentators box for the quidditch match, complete with her hat.
Evanna is always great!
I can't wait for this scene!

A true - CoS and Pottermore!

Last edited by ArryGrotter; April 30th, 2008 at 6:09 am.
Old April 30th, 2008, 7:15 am
First Year

I can't wait till November gets here. I cannot wait for this movie.

Old April 30th, 2008, 7:29 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKeller View Post
I can't wait till November gets here. I cannot wait for this movie.
Neither can I, but first we need this trailer. I'm guessing my guess that it'd be announced on Monday was wrong...

Edit:
I was bored, so decided to do this…:    

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOP
Apr 6th 2008

'I was Lucky enough to be on set at leavsden last night were a 100ft replica of the films climatic 'Astronomy Tower' has been constructed.
They spent a good 5 hours setting up saftey equipment, most notably a huge blue airbag, in preparation for one of the biggest stunts in the film.
It was about 3am when a stunt actor, in dumbledore getup was catapulted from the tower to bursts of green light, plunging the full 100ft into the airbag below.
The first take was a wrap and it looked pretty horrific seeing a lifeless body tumbling through the air. A fitting end to a great character 'Very exciting stuff'

In an age when CGI is taking over it was refreshing to see something like this filmed for real with real actors.
Quote:
Apr 13th 2008

First look at Narcissa Malfoy

Blown up a bit

And for those saying my set report was fake, the kids had indeed been filming Dumbledores death, there reactions etc. The stunt was filmed two weeks ago
Quote:
Apr 13th 2008

This is prob the best pic i got lol. It was on my fone
Quote:
Apr 13th 2008

They were filming Helen and Helena Bonham Carter walking down a street. They both had big heavy black cloaks with hoods
Quote:
Apr 13th 2008

I was on set again this evening to watch HBC and Helen McCrory filming pick ups in snapes house. Alan Rickman wasnt present.

There was a big couch set up on set so i made myself comfortable in the background and managed to snap this.

Still poor quality but i was zoomed right in.

taken from this picture

I was amazed i got so close to the monitors, very excited about how good the quality was so i posted it straight away.

My hearts beating fast
Quote:
Apr 13th 2008

It was a pick up with Helen and Helena.

Narcissa was sat by a fire place and Bella was pacing furiously in the background looking out of the window.

Narcissa was saying that Voldemort had chosen Draco as revenge for her husbands mistake. Then bella was saying 'Its a great honor he has bestowed on Draco, he should be proud'

Then it ended with Narcissa saying 'Please help Draco Severus, Watch over my son' then she started crying a little bit.

She was Awesome in the scene
Quote:
Apr 16th 2008

Hi guys

Was on set again today, they filmed 3 pick up scenes.

Everyones phones were confiscated on the way in so i wasnt able to take pictures this time.

The first scene was on Diagon alley in a robe store, It was Helen Mcrorys final day on set for HBP

The pick up shot invloved Helen and the guy who plays Draco trying on robes etc etc. Helenshair was long and had a curls. She had this really angular green and black dress on with and she was carrying a cloak over her arm. I think the scene involved Harry too because she mentioned him. Some lines i remember were

'Dumbledore wont be around forever potter'
Draco saying he didnt want the 'scummy robes anymore' Narcissa's parting shot was so evil, Sirius was mentioned at some point and she turned round and said 'Give my love to Sirius wont you!'

Then there was a scene with Jim Broadbent, in his potions class.

Let me just say Slughorn is PERFECT. Massive big white moustash, slightly thin on top and he was wearing padding with a purply red smoking jacket type robe and a cap.

He was talking about a magic potion called Felix and how it would be toxic if taken excessivly.
He said there was enough in this little bottle for 12 hours luck. He offered it to the student who could make a perfect living death potion.

lastly Alan rickman and Dan ratcliffe in the bathroom seen in CoS, Harry had blood on his face. and Snape was very angry shouting 'it is beyond me how such Dark magic is known to you' shouting 'Liar!' and that he underestimated Potter. Harry handed snape the Half-Blood princes book. It was a very tense scene.
Quote:
Apr 16th 2008

As the actors arent in shot they usually dont need to be presentand a stage hand will read the other lines off camera. This was just a pick up shot with Helen and Tom, i.e. they were the only ones visible in the shot
Quote:
Apr 21st 2008

2 more scenes filmed today.

i arrived on set, again everyones phones were confiscated.

The biggest sound stage had been transformed over the weekend into the cave set for the climax of the film.

There was a huge rocky wall with a crevase sticking out into the lake. There was a small boat docked into the rocks and on the raised rocks there was a stalegtite with a font sticking out from it. There was a greenish glow coming from the bowl.

The scene was shot on a crane camera and showed Dumbledore drinking water from the font! He was screaming 'Kill me' and 'no More' but Harry just kept feeding him the water. Then they cut and did another set up.

They got massive wind machines and blasted Harry. Dumbledore was slumped against the font and Harry was firing spells from his wand. It kind of reminded me of when they were filming the veil for film5. The camera was zooming in and out and craning everywere. Then Harry picked him up and Dumbledore was leaning on Harry. Most of the dialogue was inaudible because of the wind machines.

On another stage in the afternoon Jim Broadbent was kitted up in a fez and jacket for a scene with the actor playing the young Tom riddle. They were discussing Horcruxes.

Slughorn had big rosy cheeks and his big warus moustach and he was eating sweets that Tom had brought him from a little tin.

Tom Riddle was saying he'd been reading a book from the restricted section of the school library. Slughorn was saying that he was 'clever than most of the staff in the school'
Then Tom mentioned Horcruxes and Slughorn looked flustered and angry and chased him away. It was a nice little scene and Jim broadbent really captured what Slughorn should be. Hes got a girly little giggle.

Brilliant days shooting.
Quote:
Apr 21st 2008

Dumbledores clothes are very different to his usual clothes. They are whiter and he kind of reminded me of saruman from Lord of the rings. David Yates was saying that he wanted Dumbledore to be very vulnerable and the one way to do that visually was to have him in pyjama's almost. Im assuming this was Dumbledores nightware,

Tom Riddle was great
Quote:
Apr 21st 2008

no hat for dumbledore. bellatrixes hair is flatter
Quote:
Apr 21st 2008

Belatrix looks more refind. Like shes had to time to groom herself somewhat and scrape back some of her former beauty. Her hair was less wild and she looked 'cleaner'. it was stilly curly and there was a patch of grey near roots.

The scene with Dumbledore and Harry in the cave was intense. Michael Gambon was 'amazing', His best performance yet. Dan looked truely terrified. I saw some concept art for the inferi and they looks truely scary. David Yates was saying that they would motion capture the inferi later.

Of the cave David said he wanted it to be hostile and dangerous, waves crashing against the rocks etc etc.

If youre trying to picture Slughorn imagine an older version of his character 'Zidler' from Moulin Rouge' Less hair, Bigger white moustache etc.

The call sheet for tommorow has Jessie Cave (Lavender) Rupert (Ron) and Emma (Hermione) so im assuming its some lovvie dovey stuff in the morning and then Dame Maggie Smith is on set later that day in Dumbledores office!

Imelda Staunton was apparently in the studios over the weekend filming something else but popped on stage to see the action. One of the girls on the crew said that David told her he is planning a massive wand battle for her for film 7!
Quote:
Apr 23rd 2008

Hi Guys

A very very interesting day today.

Helena Bonham Carter and Emma Watson were on set along with Rupert, Evanna, Bonnie and Mathew.

There were a few nameless Death Eaters on set to and they were shooting more picks ups of a wand battle between Hermione and Bellatrix

Bellatrix tried to shoot a AK curse but Rupert pushed her out of the way, Bella trix laughed hysterically then ran off with the DE.

She blew a kiss at Neville to.

Brilliant scene. I wasnt on set for Lavenders scenes yesterday.
Quote:
Apr 26th 2008

It was a big day today for cast and crew, the first trailer for the film was preveiwed in a screening room at leavesden. More about that later...

There was a nice little scene between Harry ron and Hermione being filmed today, the scene had apparently only just been written this week but was needed to fill in the gaps or something. Ron was talking about Lavender in the griffindor common room and Hermione overhears when shes doin some homework, the other two clock it and she gets up and leaves the room. Ron asked what was up with her... Aw Emma's face was a picture.

Now to the trailer...

It went by very quickly but It was epic...

Very exciting stuff Looks incredibly dark, the trailer will be released within the next fortnight so you can all judge for yourselves!
Quote:
Apr 29th 2008

Guys the trailer transcript below is a complete fabrication. The trailer is NOTHING like that...

' anyhow were heading into the last week of filming and the last few days has been quite quiet.

Today there was a scene with Draco, Harry and Snape, were Harry overhears Snape and Draco talking! Alan Rickman was great, there was a really nice quality to Snape and i cant put my finger on it but i felt there was a completely new dimension to his character in this scene.

Evanna Lynch was also filming yesterday on a green screen in the comentators box for the quidditch match, complete with her hat.
Evanna is always great!

A true - CoS and Pottermore!

Last edited by ArryGrotter; April 30th, 2008 at 9:52 am.
Old April 30th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
Edit:

Thanks for that recap! I'm not able to get on as much as I want and it's hard to go back and read every single post when I do. I miss too much but this helped. It really makes me excited to see this movie. I may have to take my son to see Speed Racer (even though he says he doesn't want to) in hopes that we'll see a teaser there. Thanks again.

Old April 30th, 2008, 5:28 pm
Registered Animagus

The trailer is fake? B-b-but it sounded so good! Aw well, maybe it will be similar to what the real trailer will be like. I hope so.

Gosh Darnit!

Old April 30th, 2008, 5:31 pm
Second Year

This excites me to no end if this is truly what we are going to see..
1. We get Luna commentating!
2. Sectumsempra, uhh hellloooo
3. Cave scene (although we knew we'd get this)
4. Possible Ron bird attack?!?

I am definitely going to see speed racer HOPING we'll see a trailer. I wouldn't go see it normally BUT it's worth it. The previews look really trippy, but anyway..

I'm tired of all this hush hush nonsense, tell us more!

Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
Old April 30th, 2008, 5:35 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9and3quarters View Post
4. Possible Ron bird attack?!?
I have my doubts about this being in the movie, but on the other hand will be SO mad if it doesn't make the movie. It is one of my favorite moments in HBP. I love where Hermione leaves and Harry thinks he hears her sobbing. AWWWW

Old April 30th, 2008, 5:48 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
I have my doubts about this being in the movie, but on the other hand will be SO mad if it doesn't make the movie. It is one of my favorite moments in HBP. I love where Hermione leaves and Harry thinks he hears her sobbing. AWWWW
I know!!! I hope it makes it. There is just so much substance in this novel that I feel is necessary (I was a pro cut SPEW in GoF) that shouldn't be left out!

I think it also shows the non readers how Hermione feels about Ron and his behavior. We know that Hermione and Ron constantly bicker because we have read the novels, but non readers don't get that sense as much.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives