Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References > The Quibbler > The Quibbler

Thoughts on Deathly Hallows - one year later

Old July 21st, 2008, 7:06 pm
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Thoughts on Deathly Hallows - one year later

Jessica gave me permission to start a thread to celebrate the anniversary of the last book in the Harry Potter series.

I personally thought that Ms. Rowling did an excellent portrayal of me. I especially liked her re-dramatization of my appearance on PotterCast. I only wish she'd spent more time on the challenges I faced in rebuilding the Ministry after Voldemort's defeat. A subject which I'm sure would have fascinated everyone here. And of course my escape from the Death Eaters is only glanced over, yet another travesty. But I suppose she can only make these books so long.

After a year's refelection, what does everyone else think? Did Ms. Rowling protray you accurately? What do you think she got right? What did she leave out?

As always, please remember that we are of course fictional characters. We are in no way actual wizards and witches. Such a thing would be wholly impossible.

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2008, 7:14 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Thoughts on Deathly Hallows - one year later

Good grief, has it already been a year since I stood in line outside Waterstone's in my hallowe'en costume shouting "owl post!" every time a seagull flew over?? Sorry, are we muggles allowed to post here?

And DH!!!

"Six years ter the day since we met, Harry, d'yeh remember it?"
"Vaguely...didn't you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig's tail and tell me I was a wizard?"
"I forge' the details."

Old July 21st, 2008, 7:18 pm
Professor Snape

I was far more pleased with my portrayal in Half Blood Prince. I was a man of action in that book, resolutely killing Dumbledore, protecting Draco above myself, and teaching that arrogant Potter brat a well deserved lesson.

In Deathly Hallows, Ms. Rowling acted like all I had was revolting emotions. As if a man of my character would be driven by emotions. Indisputedly, I was fond of Lily Potter but she made it seem like my entire life centered around this. Very disappointing.

Also my death scene was far too one sided for my taste. She has me whimpering about finding Potter and then completeley leaves out my fight with that vile snake. And then handing my precious memories to that revolting Potter. Of course, I did hand him my memories, but I certainly didn't expect the whole world to get to see them!

Old July 21st, 2008, 7:35 pm
Sirius' Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Shacklebolt View Post
Jessica gave me permission to start a thread to celebrate the anniversary of the last book in the Harry Potter series.

I personally thought that Ms. Rowling did an excellent portrayal of me. I especially liked her re-dramatization of my appearance on PotterCast. I only wish she'd spent more time on the challenges I faced in rebuilding the Ministry after Voldemort's defeat. A subject which I'm sure would have fascinated everyone here. And of course my escape from the Death Eaters is only glanced over, yet another travesty. But I suppose she can only make these books so long.

After a year's refelection, what does everyone else think? Did Ms. Rowling protray you accurately? What do you think she got right? What did she leave out?

As always, please remember that we are of course fictional characters. We are in no way actual wizards and witches. Such a thing would be wholly impossible.

You are very impressive, Mr. Shacklebolt. Please throw away the key to Umbridge's cell.

Old July 21st, 2008, 7:48 pm
Neville Longbottom

Awww, I thought she really exaggerated my role in things. I mean I did kinda run the DA but Luna and Ginny really helped too! And that snake thing was just instinct! I really didn't plan on any of that. I kinda blush a bit when I read those scenes.

But I am glad that she mentioned my role as herbology professor. I'm really proud of the work I do here and the kids are just fantastic!

Old July 21st, 2008, 7:49 pm
Sirius Black

I really enjoyed how this woman portrayed me; she really got my best qualities, and she wasn't shy about them, either... I also enjoyed my godson's character; he really is an amazing guy, and I think that is pretty clear in the books.

I just wish she had devoted more time (and pages) to my escape from Azkaban, or my amazing duelling skills...

Old July 21st, 2008, 7:54 pm
Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Black View Post
I really enjoyed how this woman portrayed me; she really got my best qualities
Do you consider arrogance to be a good quality in that case?

Old July 21st, 2008, 7:57 pm
Sirius Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Snape View Post
Do you consider arrogance to be a good quality in that case?
Look who's talking... Half-Blood "Prince"...

Old July 21st, 2008, 8:00 pm
Molly Weasley

Is this the pot calling the kettle black, Severus?

I thought Ms.Rowling did a very good job writing my final scene with Bellatrix. That woman had to be stopped. Yes, I may have slipped and used a word that I don't usually use, but it felt good.

I wasn't really that bossy at the Burrow, though, when I was getting ready for the wedding. I believe she exaggerated me a bit there.

Old July 21st, 2008, 8:05 pm
Professor Snape

Quote:
Look who's talking... Half-Blood "Prince"...
Any confidence I have is due to my hard work and accomplishments, not some innate sense that I'm just better than everyone else.

Old July 21st, 2008, 8:10 pm
Sirius Black

Quote:
Any confidence I have is due to my hard work and accomplishments, not some innate sense that I'm just better than everyone else.
That's because you know you're not.

So drooling over my mate's wife is now considered hard work?

Old July 21st, 2008, 8:13 pm
Professor Snape

Attempting to protect her was certainly more worthy of respect than handing her over to the Dark Lord's servant.

Old July 21st, 2008, 8:18 pm
Harry Potter

Sirius, it is good to see you. It is too bad you didn't get to see the final battle. You would have loved to get into that one.

And Snape, I am grateful that you gave me those memories. Without them I would never had known the truth. And without them I may have not done exactly what I needed to do.

What did you say about your battle with Nagini? Maybe I was distracted, but when did you try to fight him?

Neville, stop being so humble. You were awesome. Who else would have killed Nagini like that.

Old July 21st, 2008, 8:28 pm
Sirius Black

Quote:
Attempting to protect her was certainly more worthy of respect than handing her over to the Dark Lord's servant.
Don't you dare talking about that, Snivellus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post

What did you say about your battle with Nagini? Maybe I was distracted, but when did you try to fight him?
That's my godson, right there!

It's great to see you, Harry!

Old July 21st, 2008, 8:40 pm
James Potter

Sirius, my old friend. Good to see you here.

Harry, I am so proud of you.

What did you say about my wife, Severus?

Old July 21st, 2008, 8:41 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
IIn Deathly Hallows, Ms. Rowling acted like all I had was revolting emotions. As if a man of my character would be driven by emotions.
Unthinkable!

Quote:
Of course, I did hand him my memories, but I certainly didn't expect the whole world to get to see them!
I suppose you expected Harry would keep them to himself, since based on what Professor Dumbledore told you, you doubtless expected Harry to join you shortly in death. How does it feel to know that you did, in fact, succeed in your self-appointed mission to keep Harry safe?

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Avatar by nerwende, signature art by sigune, used with permission.
Old July 21st, 2008, 8:54 pm
Sirius Black

James, mate, you made it! How's the wife?

Old July 21st, 2008, 8:57 pm
Professor Snape

Quote:
James, mate, you made it!
I see you're still incapable of dealing with my with on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirnius View Post
How does it feel to know that you did, in fact, succeed in your self-appointed mission to keep Harry safe?
Slightly nauseous.

Old July 21st, 2008, 8:58 pm
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirnius View Post
Unthinkable!
*smirk*

The man doth protest too much, methinks.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old July 21st, 2008, 8:59 pm
Neville Longbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
Neville, stop being so humble. You were awesome. Who else would have killed Nagini like that.
Oh... thanks, Harry. Do you think? I just did as you asked, didn't I?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References > The Quibbler > The Quibbler