Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Severus Snape: Character Analysis v.9

View Poll Results: What kind of pet should Severus have gotten?
A doggy! It would have loved him and licked his face! 34 19.43%
A kitty! It would have ignored him. 41 23.43%
A bat! Because bats are kinda cool? 28 16.00%
An owl! Because mail is good 21 12.00%
A rat! Nevermind rats are lame 3 1.71%
A snake! Nagini would never eat a snake lover 15 8.57%
I don't think Snape would have liked a pet 68 38.86%
Who let Jessica make the poll this time? 66 37.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 21st, 2008, 10:55 pm
MODLY CREW

Severus Snape: Character Analysis v.9

Welcome to the 9th instalment of this thread!

For background reading and reference:
version one
version two
version three
version four
version five
version six
version seven
version eight

A new quotation to get this thread started:

This time from GoF:    

Mrs. Weasley screamed and leapt back from the bed.

"Sirius Black!" she shrieked, pointing at him.

"Mum, shut up!" Ron yelled. "It's okay!"

Snape had not yelled or jumped backward, but the look on his face was one of mingled fury and horror.

"Him!" he snarled, staring at Sirius, whose face showed equal dislike. "What is he doing here?"

"He is here at my invitation," said Dumbledore, looking between them, "as are you, Severus. I trust you both. It is time for you to lay aside your old differences and trust each other."

Harry thought Dumbledore was asking for a near miracle. Sirius and Snape were eyeing each other with the utmost loathing.

"I will settle, in the short term," said Dumbledore, with a bite of impatience in his voice, "for a lack of open hostility. You will shake hands. You are on the same side now. Time is short, and unless the few of us who know the truth do not stand united, there is no hope

for any us.

Very slowly - but still glaring at each other as though each wished the other nothing but ill - Sirius and Snape moved toward each other and shook hands. They let go extremely quickly.

"That will do to be going on with," said Dumbledore, stepping between them once more. "Now I have work for each of you. Fudge's attitude, though not unexpected, changes everything. Sirius, I need you to set off at once. You are to alert Remus Lupin, Arabella Figg, Mundungus Fletcher - the old crowd. Lie low at Lupin's for a while; I will contact you there."

"But -" said Harry.

He wanted Sirius to stay. He did not want to have to say goodbye again so quickly.

"You'll see me very soon. Harry," said Sirius, turning to him. "I promise you. But I must do what I can, you understand, don't you?"

"Yeah," said Harry. "Yeah . . . of course I do."

Sirius grasped his hand briefly, nodded to Dumbledore, transformed again into the black dog, and ran the length of the room to the door, whose handle he turned with a paw. Then he was gone.

"Severus," said Dumbledore, turning to Snape, "you know what I must ask you to do. If you are ready . . . if you are prepared ..."

"I am," said Snape.

He looked slightly paler than usual, and his cold, black eyes glittered strangely.

"Then good luck," said Dumbledore, and he watched, with a trace of apprehension on his face, as Snape swept wordlessly after Sirius.

It was several minutes before Dumbledore spoke again.

• Do you interpret this scene differently after DH?
  • What does the look in Snape's eyes mean in your opinion?
  • Do you think that the handshake was more than an empty gesture?

Old and new study questions:
  1. Do you agree with the author's take on Snape's character as revealed in interviews?
  2. Do you think Snape would have moved on if Lily had not died? Would he have turned to the good side in that case?
  3. Snape is revealed to have been acting throughout the series out of love for Lily, how does this effect your view of his actions in the series - his "murder" of Dumbledore, his treatment of Sirius.
  4. Why do you think Snape chose to become a Death Eater?
  5. How do the revelations of DH impact your view of Snape's treatment of Harry and Neville throughout the series?
  6. What do you think of Snape's actions after learning who Voldemort had targeted with the prophecy?
  7. What do you think of Snape's actions after Lily's death. How do you think this death has affected his character?
  8. What do you think are Snape's major strengths? What are his major flaws?
  9. Do you believe Snape came to care about Harry?
  10. What do you think about Snape's relationship with Dumbledore? Did they become friends or was Dumbledore a substitute father figure for him?
  11. Do you think Snape should have been sorted in Slytherin? Would he have made the same choices if he had been sorted elsewhere?
  12. There are all kinds of bravery in this series, what characteristics of Snape's make him brave? In what sense is he a hero?

AS THIS IS STILL A HIGHLY CONTROVERSIAL AND SENSITIVE TOPIC WE WOULD LIKE TO ASK EVERYONE TO PLEASE BE SENSITIVE TO OTHERS OPINIONS. THIS MEANS NO GLOATING AS WELL AS NO BASHING. CONSEQUENCES WILL BE SEVERE.

Additionally please read How to have a pleasant conversation on any topic and Character Bashing/Worship: aka Shades of Gray BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD

Now go on and have fun!

Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:49 pm
Always Indy's Girl

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis v.9

WOW; Version 9! Go Snape!

"Who let Jessica make the poll this time?"

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Old August 22nd, 2008, 1:07 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver ink pot
Rather than humor, I would call it tragic irony.

His only friend marries his worst enemy - that's ironic, and also tragic.

Then he unwittingly comes close to destroying only woman he loves, then he tries and fails to save her - through no fault of his own, because her death is caused by Peter Pettigrew and Voldemort.

Snape was killed due to the schemes of two old men and their obsession with the Deathly Hallows, which he didn't share. His death was bloody, violent, senseless, and meaningless because he was never the Master of the Elder Wand. And that's as tragic as anything in Shakespeare.
Someone can find tragic irony humorous. Well, at least I do. We all react to tragedy in different ways. I just have that distressed laugh reflex.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 3:16 am
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Nice poll.
I do like the question, though.

If we're being serious, I'd say that he'd never get a pet during the war. That's an attachment that he could ill afford.

Um...If he'd survived, I think he'd get an owl. Although he'd appreciate the cat's stern aloofness, I think he'd value a useful pet over all others.

Quote:
Do you interpret this scene differently after DH?
Not really.
I still think going back to Voldemort to face the Dark Lord's wrath is one of the bravest things Snape ever did in the books. And considering all the other brave things he did, that's quite something.

Quote:
What does the look in Snape's eyes mean in your opinion?
If anyone is familiar with the field guide to Severus Snape, they'll know that glittery eyes are a sign of emotion. I think Snape is both scared to death and planning what he intends to say to a very angry Voldemort.

Quote:
Do you think that the handshake was more than an empty gesture?
I think it shows that both were (grudgingly) willing to admit that they were allies.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me

Last edited by ignisia; August 22nd, 2008 at 3:20 am.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 3:34 am
Banned

Nice poll! I picked a kitty because for some reason I think Cats and Severus Snape go together. I mean that in a good way, not a bad. I love Snape!

He might have gotten a pet beyond the veil. You never know.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 5:36 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Actually, I thought he'd already had a pet rat--Wormtail was living with him.

Sometimes dreams do come true

Last edited by ComicBookWorm; August 22nd, 2008 at 11:44 am.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 5:58 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

I voted for a doggy, a birdie, and who let Jessica write the poll? I suppose after 8 versions it gets hard to think of a new one...

I think a pet dog would have been nice for little!Snape, he could have used some unconditional love. Owls are dead useful.

DH did not alter my understanding of the selected scene. I considered it confirmed that Snape's mission was to go back to Voldemort in book 6. DH just established which side he was actually on.

The paleness and look in Snape's eyes, in my view, reflect his apprehension and his resolve. It is the same look Harry had in PS/SS, "Through the Trapdoor".(emphasis mine).

PS/SS, "Through the Trapdoor"
"Well, that's it, then, isn't it?" Harry said.

The other two stared at him. He was pale, and his eyes were glittering.

"I'm going out of here tonight and I'm going to try and get to the Stone first."

Harry then launches into a long, impassioned speech about just how important it is to stop Voldemort from getting the Stone, and how he does not care about the possible consequences of his decision. We don't get any speeches from Sev, but it seems logical that the same physical description would betoken similar feelings.

I do not think the handshake was an empty gesture on Snape's part. His actions at the end of OotP seem to me a fulfillment of the implied commitment made in that handshake. He checked on Sirius when told of the possibility Sirius was in danger, and endeavored to keep him from going to the Ministry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicBookWorm View Post
Actually, I thought he had already had a pet rat--Wormtail was living with him.
And he was even useful!

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Avatar by nerwende, signature art by sigune, used with permission.

Last edited by arithmancer; August 22nd, 2008 at 6:01 am.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 10:31 am
Lycanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirnius View Post
And he was even useful!
To Snape...and to Voldemort. It would seem that Voldemort didn't fully trust Snape at that point, likely because of his working with Dumbledore for so long. But Peter, spying on Snape? Of course not. Snape knew - and Voldemort knew he knew, because the man was very intelligent. So what was the point?

Well keeping an eye on Snape at home was a preventative measure as nothing would escape Peter's eye if done openly. Which means Voldemort likely knew about the Vow with Narcissa. Doesn't matter how much Snape tried to prevent him from knowing because Voldemort would have ensured Peter knew whatever magic necessary to spy - just as he did back in 1981. So he would know that Snape might be the one to kill Dumbledore if Draco didn't. Indeed Snape might have told Voldemort himself just because he knew Peter might tell him.

Still, these little tidbits are relatively meaningless and a waste of time. So what was Voldemort's real purpose? Well, he didn't trust Snape completely - likely because he'd told him the same story he'd told Bella in the Spinner's end chapter of HBP as to why he remained at Hogwarts and didn't search for Voldemort after the Potters were killed (obviously Bella might tell Voldy, so Snape telling a different story would have been stupid on Snape's part) ... and Voldemort is a very vindictive man. Now obviously Snape would not have been pleasant with Peter at any time ...so Voldemort wouldn't have to think more than five seconds to figure out that Snape had a particular hatred for Peter and why. Peter had been best friends with the Marauders which Voldy knew of course; and James had been married to Lily - the girl Snape had desired - so Snape had not likely been too fond of James or any of his friends (not to mention they had all been Gryffindors at school with Snape). And while Voldy probably felt Snape had forgotten about the girl - it was obvious that whatever animosity had sprung up between Peter and Snape was still present.

So he made a present of his own for Snape and forced him to house Peter under whatever pretense - telling Peter he was to spy, knowing Snape would realize Peter was spying and that it was useless and knowing that Voldy knew this. Thus Snape too would understand that he was having Peter foisted on him due to Voldemort's vindictiveness and a desire to make him suffer. Of course at the same time, it could give Snape less avenues for deception, but Voldemort wouln't count on that.

Peter wasn't the brightest, but he was smart enough to realize what was going on I would imagine. For him, he was getting the sad end of the stick with his only boon being that at fundamental levels, Snape was being made to house an individual he thought of as a Marauder; despite that being in truth, ex-Marauder and betrayer.

The irony of course is that it was all much more horrible for Snape than either imagined, because he wasn't only housing a hated Marauder (and in fact he may not have associated Peter with them at all at that point based on all he'd done) - but he was being made to house the ex-Marauder friend who had knowingly betrayed Lily. It was also the man who had exonerated Sirius and I think that was upsetting for Snape because he seemed to have more ill feelings toward Sirius beyond the fact that he was a betrayer. In any case, all of those feelings would be churning around in Snape and so the situation was actually far worse than Voldemort imagined it would be - and that would have actually made the dark lord happy upon reflection...right then at the end when Harry explained everything to him.

Last edited by wickedwickedboy; August 22nd, 2008 at 10:56 pm.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 3:07 pm
Zonko's Employee

Best Snape poll in LS ever.

I voted for a doggy (to love him ), an owl (as Zara says, jolly useful, and Snape is always well prepared), a bat (because it's so like him : ), a snake (Snape would show that snake who's boss!) and the Jessica option. I didn't vote for a kitty because Severus would have ignored it as much as it ignored him.

- DH explained the scene fully but I had already guessed what it meant, after reading GoF. And I was impressed. Step forward Severus Snape, double agent.

- That glittering look in his cold black eyes? The fact that he's so pale? Voldemort is going to be in a towering rage (especially after Harry has escaped his clutches.) Not above firing the odd Crucio at a formerly loyal Death Eater, to say the least of it ... he might even kill Snape for his perceived disloyalty for all we know. Snape knows this. But he has steeled himself, and he knows what has to be done. He is prepared.

- Yes and no. Severus and Sirius realise they are fighting on the same side but there's no way they have to be pleasant to each other about it. They only shake hands on Albus's insistence but I guess they both realise bigger issues are at stake than their ancient animosity.

Do you agree with the author's take on Snape's character as revealed in interviews?
- Sometimes.

Wicked, I liked your explanation as to why Voldemort foisted Peter on Snape, that makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by Pearl_Took; August 22nd, 2008 at 3:14 pm.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 3:34 pm
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Oh, wow, I didn't see that question.

Quote:
Do you agree with the author's take on Snape's character as revealed in interviews?
Not in most of the post-DH interviews. But I guess we just see things differently. And that's fine. Anything that is her own interpretation is just that. I can agree with it or disagree with it, but I don't think it should hold any sway over what her readers "should" think.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old August 22nd, 2008, 3:37 pm
I want to believe

Great poll Jessica.

After reading DH, it’s pretty clear that Dumbledore wanted Snape to join Voldemort and play spy. Post-DH, we know for sure the Snape is working for the good side.

I think it means that he was reluctant to go back to join Voldemort. I can certainly understand that, considering the dangers involved, plus how unpleasant this must have been for Snape.

No, I don’t think neither Sirius nor Snape meant it. But they both had to do it for Dumbledore.

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore

Last edited by RemusLupinFan; August 22nd, 2008 at 3:39 pm.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 4:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwickedboy View Post
To Snape...and to Voldemort.
That was a joke. I quite agree with your persepctive on Peter's role.

I'm sure Snape would rather have fetched his own wine and NOT had to live with Peter, both because he must hate him for his betrayal, and because it must be pretty stressful to live with a person you know is reporting on your every move to a dangerous sociopath you're trying to deceive!

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 5:21 pm
Banned

I have not read the other threads in their entirety yet, so my points may echo what others think. For that, I apologize.

No. When I came upon that passage while reading GoF, I knew what it meant. I knew that Snape was going to be spying for Dumbledore.

What does the look in Snape's eyes mean in your opinion? I believe it means that he is scared and worried about what he'll have to do. He knows that Voldemort will be extremely angry because no one sought him after he lost his power and that he will be even more angry that Snape showed up late. Snape knows it will take a lot of skill to fool his former master.

Maybe.

Do you agree with the author's take on Snape's character as revealed in interviews? Not really. I do consider him a hero, a flawed one, despite what others have presented in these threads to say otherwise. Yes, Snape acted out of self interest when he asked Dumbledore to help Lily and he treated Harry and others horribly throughout the years, but I believe that Snape redeemed himself the moment he knew he was going to die and the moment he gave Harry the memories.

Snape was a double agent and you know that it was an extremely tough thing to do. It took a lot of skill to fool the Dark Lord and he managed to do so. For that, I applaud him. It took a lot of courage for Snape to face Voldemort on occassion and fool him into thinking he was still a Death Eater. Snape is a flawed hero. Every hero doesn't have to be perfect.

Do you think Snape would have moved on if Lily had not died? Would he have turned to the good side in that case?
I would like to think so, seeing as how close the Dark Lord came to killing Lily, if we are assuming that Voldemort spared her. He probably wouldn't, though.

Snape is revealed to have been acting throughout the series out of love for Lily, how does this effect your view of his actions in the series - his "murder" of Dumbledore, his treatment of Sirius. His treatment of Sirius is somewhat understandable, since we have seen how Sirius has treated Snape in "Snape's Worst Memory" and "The Prince's Tale". Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Sirius and James start the entire feud that day on the train?

Why do you think Snape chose to become a Death Eater? I think Snape chose to become a Death Eater because he was interested in the Dark Arts and may have wanted to be feared by other wizards.

How do the revelations of DH impact your view of Snape's treatment of Harry and Neville throughout the series? The revelations do not change my opinion on how Snape treated Harry, Neville, and other students. Snape is just a bitter man.

What do you think of Snape's actions after learning who Voldemort had targeted with the prophecy? I think those actions were cowardly seeing as he did it out of self interest and that he showed no interest in saving James or Harry. He only wanted to save Lily, the woman he loves.

What do you think of Snape's actions after Lily's death. How do you think this death has affected his character? He is devastated by her death and the fact that he could not help. I believe that after Lily's death, he now hates Voldemort for killing her. He loves Lily, afterall.

What do you think are Snape's major strengths? What are his major flaws? I would say that his major strengths would include his outstanding skills in potions, spells, and Occlumency. He is a very talented wizard. He was able to fool the Dark Lord! His major flaws would include being entangled in the Dark Arts, becoming a Death Eater, and treating other people horribly.

Do you believe Snape came to care about Harry? Yes. In the end, I believe he did come to care about Harry.

What do you think about Snape's relationship with Dumbledore? Did they become friends or was Dumbledore a substitute father figure for him? I'm not enitrely sure.

Do you think Snape should have been sorted in Slytherin? Would he have made the same choices if he had been sorted elsewhere? I am not sure on this issue either.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 6:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
I have not read the other threads in their entirety yet, so my points may echo what others think. For that, I apologize.
I think if you actualy managed that your head might explode!

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Sirius and James start the entire feud that day on the train?
Well in truth a lot of people on this thread would agree with you, me for one but then there are a lot who will tell you your wrong, so I wouldn't worry too much those of us who agre with you will apreaciate hearing your opinion and those who don't get someone new to debate with - so it's all good

My Fanfic - The Silver Thread - (WIP) updated 03/07/09

Sig by the most professional, clever & witty Boushh
(Original photo-manipulation of AR by helin)
Old August 22nd, 2008, 6:30 pm
Defender of Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Sirius and James start the entire feud that day on the train?
DH, Chapter 33, the Prince's Tale American edition pgs. 671-672"You'd better be in Slytherin," said Snape, encouraged that she had brightened a little.
"Slytherin?"..."Who wants to be in Slytherin? I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?" James asked the boy lounging on the seats opposite him, and with a jolt, Harry realized it was Sirius. Sirius did not smile.
"My whole family have been in Slytherin," he said.
"Blimey," said James, "and I thought you seemed all right!"
Sirius grinned.
"Maybe I'll break the tradition. Where are you heading, if you've got the choice?"
James lifted an invisible sword.
"'Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart!' Like my dad."
Snape made a small, disparaging noise. James turned on him.
In my personal opinion, James and Sirius weren't doing anything wrong by saying which Houses they didn't want to be in and which one they did. They didn't say it to offend Snape and pick a fight with him or anything. However Snape makes that fake little noise at the mention of Gryffindor, and of course he knows he's going to get a reaction out of the boys. Snape immediately decided he didn't like these boys, just because they didn't want to be in Slytherin.

When James and Sirius heard him talking about how he wanted Lily to be in Slytherin before, they didn't start making fun of him, they were just saying how they didn't want to be in it. There's no harm in that, is there?

Old August 22nd, 2008, 6:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathlyH View Post
There's no harm in that, is there?
Yes, there is.

They were ignoring Sev and Lily until then, and suddenly James
1) stopped ignoring them and spoke up loudly, thereby interrupting the conversation in a manner I can only regard as rude, and
2) expressed his dislike of Slytherin in terms that, again, I can only find rude. This was no "Oh, pardon me but I would rather be in Gryffindor". I do not think it is any coincidence James echoes the phrasing Malfoy used to express a similar sentiment about Hufflepuff. Only Draco was not addressing himself to someone who had expressed an intrest in that House, so I suppose i would give the rudeness prize to James.

I think this is how Sev perceived the events to this point, as well. So when Sirius asked what house James preferred, Sev was ready to retaliate. It seems quite characteristic of him not to back down, a trait I think we also see when he goes down into the Shack with Sirius's information, and in his Worst Memory. IN the train scene, I loved him for it, he and Lily should not have to put up with such rudeness.

All was well.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 6:39 pm
Fourth Year

Guys, we already been down this road before. I think we should drop it. Does it really matter who started the fight? It just comes down the fact that it is just three 10-year-old boys bickering. James and Snape are entitled to their own opinion.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 6:43 pm
Defender of Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirnius View Post
Yes, there is.

They were ignoring Sev and Lily until then, and suddenly James
1) stopped ignoring them and spoke up loudly, thereby interrupting the conversation in a manner I can only regard as rude, and
2) expressed his dislike of Slytherin in terms that, again, I can only find rude. This was no "Oh, pardon me but I would rather be in Gryffindor". I do not think it is any coincidence James echoes the phrasing Malfoy used to express a similar sentiment about Hufflepuff. Only Draco was not addressing himself to someone who had expressed an intrest in that House, so I suppose i would give the rudeness prize to James.

I think this is how Sev perceived the events to this point, as well. So when Sirius asked what house James preferred, Sev was ready to retaliate. It seems quite characteristic of him not to back down, a trait I think we also see when he goes down into the Shack with Sirius's information, and in his Worst Memory. IN the train scene, I loved him for it, he and Lily should not have to put up with such rudeness.
But they were only eleven years old. I know plenty of people who are 14-15 and will interrupt someone else's conversation and join in with their opinion. I don't think it's rude, just kids being kids.

I also sort of agree with PerfectDystopia. They were just kids arguing with each other. Snape was the first one to directly start making fun of the other, as the passage I quoted goes on further to say.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 6:49 pm
Banned

From my interpretation of the scene,James attacked Slytherin and Snape attacked Gryffindor, but Sirius and James made the first personal attack:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathly Hallows, pg. 671 - 672, U.S. Edition

"Got a problem with that?"

"No," said Snape, though his slight sneer said otherwise. "If you'd rather be brawny than brainy -" (I interpret this as an attack on Gryffindor, saying that Gryffindor is known for brawns instead of brains. Of course this doesn't mean that James and Sirius are not intelligent.)

"Where're you hoping to go, seeing as you're neither?" interjected Sirius.

James roared with laughter. Lily sat up, rather flushed, and looked from James to Sirius in dislike.

"Come on, Severus, let's find another compartment."

"Oooooo ..."

James and Sirius imitated her lofty voice; James tried to trip Snape as he passed.

"See ya, Snivellus!" a voice called, as the compartment door slammed ...
This is my interpretation. This scene can be interpreted differently. But I think that James and Sirius started the entire thing.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 7:00 pm
Always Indy's Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathlyH View Post
DH, Chapter 33, the Prince's Tale American edition pgs. 671-672"You'd better be in Slytherin," said Snape, encouraged that she had brightened a little.
"Slytherin?"..."Who wants to be in Slytherin? I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?" James asked the boy lounging on the seats opposite him, and with a jolt, Harry realized it was Sirius. Sirius did not smile.
"My whole family have been in Slytherin," he said.
"Blimey," said James, "and I thought you seemed all right!"
Sirius grinned.
"Maybe I'll break the tradition. Where are you heading, if you've got the choice?"
James lifted an invisible sword.
bold mine

The first comment which started off the exchange between them was also by James, who interrupted a conversation between 2 others he did not know at all IMO.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References