Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Old October 28th, 2008, 1:12 am
First Year

Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

no you are not. i noticed it to i just figured it was nothing because the code had always been solved

Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2008, 2:48 am
First Year

I dunno, with this, everything has something to do with something. Like how it said on the map 'I solemly swear that I'm up to no good', and then the 'Marauderers ride at midnight' related to that.

Old October 28th, 2008, 4:50 am
First Year

The ABC was the key to solving the code around the edge - it was what the wheels were set for to solve the enigma cipher.

Old October 28th, 2008, 8:54 pm
First Year

hey everyone -
on the gxc website it says that the game starts in 5 days and 5 hours (that will be Nov 2nd, at about 9:00pm EST)

it also says this: "The Marauders ride at Midnight! Upon 5,000 Muggles joined in the Tournament, the Hogwarts playing field will shimmer into existence..."

what happens if we don't get 5 000 people by Nov 2nd?? will the game still start?? or, if we get the 5 000, will the game start for REAL on nov 2nd or will we then have to get 10 000 more people??? (i hope not, btw)

Old October 28th, 2008, 10:29 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfredweasley8 View Post
hey everyone -
on the gxc website it says that the game starts in 5 days and 5 hours (that will be Nov 2nd, at about 9:00pm EST)

it also says this: "The Marauders ride at Midnight! Upon 5,000 Muggles joined in the Tournament, the Hogwarts playing field will shimmer into existence..."

what happens if we don't get 5 000 people by Nov 2nd?? will the game still start?? or, if we get the 5 000, will the game start for REAL on nov 2nd or will we then have to get 10 000 more people??? (i hope not, btw)
That is the sinlge most asked question on the GcX chats. From what we know, the map appears at 5,000 and the game starts at 15.000.

PS Did anyone else get an email from Sonorus today?

Old October 28th, 2008, 10:51 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor View Post
That is the sinlge most asked question on the GcX chats. From what we know, the map appears at 5,000 and the game starts at 15.000.

PS Did anyone else get an email from Sonorus today?
Yes.

Old October 28th, 2008, 11:25 pm
First Year

I got an email, and I'm really pleased, I would be thrilled if we could get the three biggies of Wizard Rock on board for our cause! I've already contacted all three, but I haven't heard anything back yet. This could well be the thing that makes up their minds for them! Ah well, The Gryffindor Common Room Rejects and The HOuse of Black have already agreed to write songs for us, and the Bezoar Project has said maybe.

Old October 29th, 2008, 12:19 am
First Year

Well something somebody did helped. We got like 500 new signatures since the last time I checked yesterday.

Oh and awesome news about Griffindore Commonroom Rejects and HoB.

Old October 29th, 2008, 12:29 am
First Year

I got the email, too. It's not special, it's sent out to everyone, otherwise it would've been specifically sent out to your email. Disappointing, but man, will this be fun! ^^ Excellent news for the wizard rock bands! Too bad I've never really otten into them.. (Any Wizard Rock bands, actually...).

Old October 29th, 2008, 12:52 am
First Year

urgh...school always gets in the way of the more important things...

I haven't been around for a while, the last announcement I remember was how MQ2.0 is going to be on GXC. Apparently I've missed Kingsley's speech (which I have listened to already). Im also seeing a lot of references to a new riddle (has something like "With Moody's magic a third will see"?). Where can I find the riddle, since it wasn't emailed to me. Also, have I missed anything else important?

Thanks a ton everyone!

"I have gone temporarily deaf and did not hear a word you said." Albus Dumbledore
Old October 29th, 2008, 5:47 am
First Year

In case people were wondering, Vox populi, vox veritas translates to Voice of the people, voice of the truth.

Old October 29th, 2008, 4:00 pm
First Year

Vapor, are you still planning to do that flier or should I work out something else. The convention I'm going to starts on Saturday and I'm staying at a friend's place so if it's still happening I need it in the next 24 hours. It's okay if you can't do it, I just thought I'd ask. I'm sure I can work something out with the designs we've already got if you haven't had the time.

And yeah, AndreaQOA is completely right. Everybody got the email. It's a pretty easy task so make sure we all get to it. The faster we get recruiting, the faster the game happens. Something has definitely been successful as Vapor said. The numbers have started rising fast! Let's keep it up.

Everybody's done such great work up until now. Seriously, all of you are awesome. Let's keep it up a little longer and it may not be too long before we're actually playing!

Leizel

Old November 1st, 2008, 4:55 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpotterbob View Post
urgh...school always gets in the way of the more important things...

I haven't been around for a while, the last announcement I remember was how MQ2.0 is going to be on GXC. Apparently I've missed Kingsley's speech (which I have listened to already). Im also seeing a lot of references to a new riddle (has something like "With Moody's magic a third will see"?). Where can I find the riddle, since it wasn't emailed to me. Also, have I missed anything else important?

Thanks a ton everyone!
The riddle is around the edges of the MQ2.0 "map" on GXC.

Solved riddle follows:

Spoiler: show
"I pray this charm will live to tell / Should I not return alive and well / I've learned the Ministry hath a mole / Yet I know not who plays this role / As numbers grow disguises flee / With Moody's magic a third will see / So tell my tale and support MQ / To show the world what muggles can do"

Not really anything else new other than the email from Sonorus asking for help with the wrock bands, etc.

Old November 2nd, 2008, 8:09 am
First Year

Liezel sorry I had a busy week. I haven't been around a whole lot. I hope you worked something out and had fun at the convention.

Well anyway it looks like we get to play in a few days. They made an announcement on GxC.

Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:47 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor View Post
Liezel sorry I had a busy week. I haven't been around a whole lot. I hope you worked something out and had fun at the convention.

Well anyway it looks like we get to play in a few days. They made an announcement on GxC.
That's okay vapor. Thanks for trying anyway. I had something else seemingly organised but then the saveludo emails went down... I don't know why. It seems to have worked out though. The game is starting in a couple of days (as you mentioned) so the glitch didn't end up causing the game to be postponed longer.

Anyone who doesn't realise already, it's been announced at GXC that MQ2.0 is now starting on Nov 5 (no minimum players stipulation). An outline of the map is visible now. We can't see what territories we all have yet though.

Goodness, I go out for the weekend and I come back to the map being visible! Yay!

Oh, and the convention was awesome. I had loads of fun. I'm very tired!

Leizel

Old November 2nd, 2008, 7:29 pm
First Year

hmm well the message says it starts on Nov. 5 (YAY!!) but the countdown on the top says that it will start at 8:00 tonight... i guess i'll check

Old November 3rd, 2008, 2:19 pm
First Year

thanks dawnfire! well im guessing that riddle isnt too important right now, now that we can see the map. and i did get the email for the bands, so, im all caught up!

speaking of the map, has anyone noticed how accurate the map is? you know, how gryffindor has control of the slytherin girls room, and hufflepuff has the slyth boys room?

sarcasm aside, i actually have noted some logical territory allocation: for example, slytherin controls the potions room. gryffindor controls hagrid's hut. It's just the common rooms that don't make sense.

sorry for my ranting, just wanted to say that

"I have gone temporarily deaf and did not hear a word you said." Albus Dumbledore
Old November 3rd, 2008, 6:05 pm
First Year

saveludo has been updated - there's a new riddle!

Old November 3rd, 2008, 6:06 pm
First Year

Hey everyone.

I've been out of town for a few days and will be until the election is over, it seems like I've missed a lot.

Saveludo.org has been updated, and the message is very vague. There is some sort of code at the bottom.

Our saveludo.org email is still not working, so we don't quite know what to do.

Old November 3rd, 2008, 8:31 pm
First Year

Ok so we have a new puzzle or riddle or whatever. there are a few letters in italic on save ludo, they are

caopon

and at the bottom we have

x+y
x+Z
xy-yz+y

anyone?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives