Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!



 
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old September 29th, 2008, 9:38 pm
eaglestreasure's Avatar
eaglestreasure  Male.gif eaglestreasure is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 3938 days
Location: Ravenclaw Common Room
Age: 23
Posts: 626
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraMae View Post
"Part 4:
You seek to Name of the brother
Of he who guides this story's path;
Exchanging tickets with another
For relief from Ministry's wrath.

Meaning: This story does not refer to Harry Potter but the mystery of who is behind this Muggle Quidditch, let's assume Mr. 'L' is Ludo Bagman. His brother= Otto Bagman. Arthur Weasley had helped Otto out of a ministry problem with the Muggle Artifacts Office because of an unusual lawnmower. That's why Ludo arranged Arthur's tickets to the World Cup; for helping his brother. AGAIN QUIDDITCH REFERENCE."


That is very possible! I hadn't thought of that. Does anyone think it may be significant though that "Name" is capitalized, or is that just at typing error?
Huh. Name isn't a proper noun (at least not in this language).

I myself have done a lot of wandering through the MuggleNet website.

There are a TON of hidden directories, folders, and other registered domains listed in not-really obscure places. Well, then again I AM fluent in HTML and have attempted using Linux to hack Microsoft

If you guys want, I could go digging around and see what I find...


__________________

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." ~ Mother Teresa



° ѕ t - ι и - t ι м є...


Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old September 29th, 2008, 10:35 pm
rose_weasley_04  Undisclosed.gif rose_weasley_04 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3608 days
Posts: 3
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

yes please eaglestreasure! Go digging and find us an answer

Has anyone else considered that this might have something to do with mugglenet interactive?
I just joined it today and am waiting for the approval of the site or somthing. But at the bottom of the mugglequidditch website, amongst the 'veritas' password, one of the sentences was "the sorting hat awaits"... and on mugglenet interactive, you can be sorted... also the whole gambling part of the riddle and the link to mugglenet... something to do with the games...

could be a long shot.... any ideas??


  #63  
Old September 29th, 2008, 11:11 pm
eaglestreasure's Avatar
eaglestreasure  Male.gif eaglestreasure is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 3938 days
Location: Ravenclaw Common Room
Age: 23
Posts: 626
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Okay. I dug up a couple things.

For sure there are some HTML references on the MNI pages and theme chooser page that could be Muggle Quid. I'm not sure, though...

EDIT: domainlookup says MuggleNet owns both mugglequidditch.com and mugglequidditch.org! (we knew that though)

MNI has some solid references. And, if you've ever joined, you'll known that they're notorious for hiding random clickable things and stuff on pages.

Now we're on to something.


__________________

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." ~ Mother Teresa



° ѕ t - ι и - t ι м є...



Last edited by eaglestreasure; September 29th, 2008 at 11:18 pm. Reason: :)
  #64  
Old September 30th, 2008, 12:49 am
AndreaQOA  Undisclosed.gif AndreaQOA is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3610 days
Posts: 30
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

-groans- Sooooo close! Come on people! We have to be near! And, eaglestreaure, that's fantastic! Now we know for sure it is Mugglenet, and we're one step closer! (And, I'd love to hear about your hacking with Linux. Hehe. =) )


  #65  
Old September 30th, 2008, 1:15 am
TerrierMom's Avatar
TerrierMom  Female.gif TerrierMom is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 5182 days
Location: Sol 3,Milky Way Galaxy
Age: 50
Posts: 323
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

I still think this will all turn out to have something to do with this: http://lumos.mugglenet.com/


__________________
I love Quidditch, wish I could play. But this makes me ROTFL:
Tuesday. Hot. That lot from across the marsh have been at it again. Playing a stupid game on their broomsticks. A big leather ball landed in my cabbages. I hexed the man who came for it. Iĺd like to see him fly with his knees on back to front, the great hairy hog.
Giggles. Snorts. Gertie Keddle, I salute you. Wipes tears from eyes.
  #66  
Old September 30th, 2008, 9:00 am
hpredhead  Female.gif hpredhead is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3611 days
Posts: 85
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

So do we think that we will have to wait until a certain date to use this information? Or is it out there now, waiting for us to solve it?


  #67  
Old September 30th, 2008, 6:47 pm
Morning_Star's Avatar
Morning_Star  Female.gif Morning_Star is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 3622 days
Location: With a book in my hand
Age: 24
Posts: 543
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Here is what is said in the Post Scriptum I got, with a link to CoS Forums where it said Muggle's net:

Post Scriptum:
Five of five, together achieve
What one alone could not perceive.
A gambler's word, the safest bet:
Play your part on the Muggle's Net.



And this is also said:
"Good luck, and Godspeed."

It might be because I'm not very good in English, but I don't understand what Godspeed means.


__________________


You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time.
The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.

ŚNeil Gaiman

Thank you so much, lilyrose, for the lovely avatar and signature pictures!
  #68  
Old September 30th, 2008, 8:05 pm
eaglestreasure's Avatar
eaglestreasure  Male.gif eaglestreasure is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 3938 days
Location: Ravenclaw Common Room
Age: 23
Posts: 626
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning_Star View Post
Here is what is said in the Post Scriptum I got, with a link to CoS Forums where it said Muggle's net:

Post Scriptum:
Five of five, together achieve
What one alone could not perceive.
A gambler's word, the safest bet:
Play your part on the Muggle's Net.



And this is also said:
"Good luck, and Godspeed."

It might be because I'm not very good in English, but I don't understand what Godspeed means.
Well, I've been speaking English all my life and I have NO IDEA what the heck it means either

EDIT: There are also refs on lumos.mugglenet.com


__________________

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." ~ Mother Teresa



° ѕ t - ι и - t ι м є...


  #69  
Old September 30th, 2008, 9:28 pm
hpredhead  Female.gif hpredhead is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3611 days
Posts: 85
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglestreasure View Post
Well, I've been speaking English all my life and I have NO IDEA what the heck it means either
Godspeed just means good luck, or good fortune. It's something you say to someone at the start of a journey. It's not a clue, it's just a word.


  #70  
Old September 30th, 2008, 9:38 pm
eaglestreasure's Avatar
eaglestreasure  Male.gif eaglestreasure is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 3938 days
Location: Ravenclaw Common Room
Age: 23
Posts: 626
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpredhead View Post
Godspeed just means good luck, or good fortune. It's something you say to someone at the start of a journey. It's not a clue, it's just a word.
Okay, thanks.

GOT MY EMAIL. It only has parts to the riddle that are already posted, unfortunately.

I'm in so much suspense!!!


__________________

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." ~ Mother Teresa



° ѕ t - ι и - t ι м є...


  #71  
Old October 1st, 2008, 12:38 am
cdsdiver124  Male.gif cdsdiver124 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3610 days
Posts: 9
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

We really need to figure this out. It's killing me.
Everyone get all your friends to help us!!


  #72  
Old October 1st, 2008, 4:07 am
Leizel  Female.gif Leizel is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3608 days
Location: Victoria, Australia
Age: 36
Posts: 51
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Hey guys. Um, I have to tell you that you're really close and I know this because I already found the website and did what it said... and got the next clue.

I'm not at this point giving the exact answer but I am going to clear up what each riddle is referring to so anyone who wants to leave a little mystery, please don't read further.




I don't want to take the fun out of it but I will tell you that the first three each give you a word. The three words are the domain of the web address.

The first word is referring to that 1792 Triwizard tournament.
The second word is referring the the galleons that Hermione charmed in Order of the Phoenix.
The third word is referring to the Wimbourne wasps.

The fourth and fifth riddles give you a username and password that have to be entered to access the website.

The fourth riddle is referring to Ludo Bagman's brother.
As everybody has already figured out, the fifth riddle gives us 'veritas'.

If people want me to just post the web address instead of making you keep guessing then just let me know. If everybody is ready to move on I'm happy to post it here. Personally, the second clue is driving me nuts and I can't find info about it anywhere! So I would love more people to be sent that one. *grins*

Good luck and thank you because the only way I got the website right was by looking at your posts. The only reason I didn't post sooner was because I had to join up here first...


  #73  
Old October 1st, 2008, 6:28 am
cdsdiver124  Male.gif cdsdiver124 is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3610 days
Posts: 9
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

AH!! I got it too!


  #74  
Old October 1st, 2008, 12:41 pm
Xx_Phoenix_xX  Undisclosed.gif Xx_Phoenix_xX is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3610 days
Age: 37
Posts: 10
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Hey Leizel

Im having trouble with all the riddles and would be very greatful if you could post the link on here


cheers


  #75  
Old October 1st, 2008, 2:32 pm
Morning_Star's Avatar
Morning_Star  Female.gif Morning_Star is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 3622 days
Location: With a book in my hand
Age: 24
Posts: 543
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpredhead View Post
Godspeed just means good luck, or good fortune. It's something you say to someone at the start of a journey. It's not a clue, it's just a word.

Thank you! It wasn't in my dictionary, and my parents didn't know either, so I had to ask.


__________________


You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time.
The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.

ŚNeil Gaiman

Thank you so much, lilyrose, for the lovely avatar and signature pictures!
  #76  
Old October 1st, 2008, 3:12 pm
Spacecadet's Avatar
Spacecadet  Female.gif Spacecadet is offline
Rocket Scientist
 
Joined: 3646 days
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 2,242
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

would anyone who has completed this mind posting another hint, like the format of the url and possibly how many words it includes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


  #77  
Old October 1st, 2008, 4:23 pm
xamonster  Female.gif xamonster is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3608 days
Posts: 3
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Hello, new to the forum. (Joined up to follow this discussion, as a matter of fact.)

Thanks to Liezel's help, and much on this thread, I was able to figure out the riddle.

Just keep trying words related to the first three bits. You'll get it.


  #78  
Old October 1st, 2008, 4:58 pm
Spacecadet's Avatar
Spacecadet  Female.gif Spacecadet is offline
Rocket Scientist
 
Joined: 3646 days
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 2,242
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamonster View Post
Hello, new to the forum. (Joined up to follow this discussion, as a matter of fact.)

Thanks to Liezel's help, and much on this thread, I was able to figure out the riddle.

Just keep trying words related to the first three bits. You'll get it.
yes thats what ive been doing but i havent had any success yet, thats why i asked for a bit more help if someone could owl me itd be much appreciated.


  #79  
Old October 1st, 2008, 7:13 pm
KiraMae  Female.gif KiraMae is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3610 days
Age: 28
Posts: 9
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Are we supposed to be adding the words to the end of "www.mugglenet.com" or is the address it's own thing entirely?


  #80  
Old October 1st, 2008, 7:17 pm
hpredhead  Female.gif hpredhead is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 3611 days
Posts: 85
Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Yeah I've tried basically everything and can't get the url. Can someone pm me with it?


 
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Bookmarks

Tags
quidditch


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 1:24 pm.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright ę MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright ę its respective owners.