Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

The Deathly Hallows films v.4



View Poll Results: What is the worst thing that could happen in the Deathly Hallows film?
No Dobby 50 22.22%
Replacing Fleur and Bill with Tonks and Lupin 11 4.89%
No epilogue 31 13.78%
Leaving out Godric's Hollow 68 30.22%
Putting in too much about the Deathly Hallows 9 4.00%
Leaving out the ministry heist 13 5.78%
There's not going to be any bad. SQUEEEEEEEEE! 11 4.89%
Other 32 14.22%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1441  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 7:44 pm
Willz  Male.gif Willz is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1863 days
Location: London
Age: 22
Posts: 142
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

He sort of looks like how I imagined Grindelwald, but I imagined wavy blonde hair and a less feminine look but that could easily be put right. He has the right sparkle in his eye like I imagined though.

Edit: Actually looking at the pictures again the first picture of him looks almost exactly as i pictured him, good choice.


__________________
Slytherin..

Last edited by Willz; April 3rd, 2009 at 7:55 pm.
Sponsored Links
  #1442  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 7:48 pm
lcbaseball22  Male.gif lcbaseball22 is offline
Secret Keeper
 
Joined: 2247 days
Age: 26
Posts: 5,657
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
I wonder how much of their relationship they will reveal in the film after the media hype of Dumbledore being gay...do you think it is all possible the film will actually mention he and Albus were in love? Would that boost up the rating in anyway?
I doubt it, if anything they should avoid that as they could potentially lose ticket sales due to the taboo/stigma...Brokeback Mountain is an example of that (many refused to see it) though of course, that entire film was centered around that as opposed to just 1 plot element


On a slightly different note:

I wonder who now will play the Young Dumbledore's Do we think there will be that flashback scene with the 3 of them and Arianna?


Oh, and the rumour about Bathilda...SWEET! That's gonna be an awesomely creepy scene!


__________________



I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 3rd, 2009 at 8:00 pm.
  #1443  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:01 pm
katana's Avatar
katana  Female.gif katana is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 2480 days
Location: need....more....footage!! D:
Age: 35
Posts: 1,096
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Is it true that John Williams is supposed to return for the music on Deathly Hallows? Anyone know?


__________________
  #1444  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:15 pm
lcbaseball22  Male.gif lcbaseball22 is offline
Secret Keeper
 
Joined: 2247 days
Age: 26
Posts: 5,657
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
Is it true that John Williams is supposed to return for the music on Deathly Hallows? Anyone know?
Supposed to yes (), but it's not confirmed by WB yet. The source of the rumour was this article back in August of 07'

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...hallows-49772/

Quote:
I asked John if he was hoping to score the last Harry Potter film and stated that he was sorely missed on the last two films (not to detract from Doyle’s or Hooper’s excellent work).

He said with confidence that he thinks he will be back for the last and then added that he hopes he is! Woo-Hoo!

Basically, if a composer with the credentials of John Williams says he “hopes” to be doing your score, you know it’s a pretty sure thing that he is.


__________________



I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!
  #1445  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:16 pm
ravenrising  Female.gif ravenrising is offline
First Year
 
Joined: 1854 days
Posts: 11
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post

I wonder who now will play the Young Dumbledore's
I was just wondering that same thing! I hope there's a flashback scene, but who could pull off playing a young Dumbledore?


  #1446  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:42 pm
katana's Avatar
katana  Female.gif katana is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 2480 days
Location: need....more....footage!! D:
Age: 35
Posts: 1,096
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Supposed to yes (), but it's not confirmed by WB yet. The source of the rumour was this article back in August of 07'

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...hallows-49772/
Ah thanks!! I actually liked Hooper's stuff on OOTP, but John Williams is by far my favorite for the scores! I hope he does return then!


__________________
  #1447  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:42 pm
Bscorp's Avatar
Bscorp  Undisclosed.gif Bscorp is offline
Seventh Year
 
Joined: 2586 days
Posts: 1,502
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
I doubt it, if anything they should avoid that as they could potentially lose ticket sales due to the taboo/stigma...Brokeback Mountain is an example of that (many refused to see it) though of course, that entire film was centered around that as opposed to just 1 plot element
Yeah, I wouldn't compare Brokeback Mountain - which centered on two gay characters and contained graphic sex scenes - to a movie that might merely have a subtle acknowledgement of a relationship between two side characters. Nobody is talking about wild love scenes or any great declarations- or anything more than what was in the book for that matter! (and that book sold a lot more copies that BBM sold tickets. World Wide over.)

On a side note: I think it's sad that we still live in a world where straight characters can snog and declare their love in a chorus of praise- and it's fine, but if a gay character so much as drops a hint of admiration towards his love interest it's considered Too Much Information! and a complete distraction from the Plot.

If they choose to have Dumbledore acknowledge his feeling for Grendlewald- they can do it with out "making it an issue". It would simply have to be one simple line of dialogue- which is possible when DD says how "passionate: he was about Grendlewald's ideas. The audience will follow along with the characters on screen -Harry's reaction will define their reaction. Harry could simply nod and the plot will move on- period.

In a story that centers around the power of Love. I think they should acknowledge something that defined Dumbledore's past. DD was Harry's mentor and this was his great love which wasn't shameful in itself even though it was directed at the wrong person. To leave it out or make it completely invisible would do a grave disservice to this character, not to mention the visibility of GLBT people everywhere (IMO).


__________________
"He that wrestles with us strengthens our nerves, and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper." — Edmund Burke
“But the big ones, the Dumbledore storyline, the Snape storyline were always there because you — the series is built around those.” -J.K. Rowling

Last edited by Bscorp; April 3rd, 2009 at 8:50 pm.
  #1448  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:50 pm
MasterOfDeath's Avatar
MasterOfDeath  Male.gif MasterOfDeath is offline
Zonko's Employee
 
Joined: 2440 days
Age: 25
Posts: 3,141
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bscorp View Post
I wouldn't compare Brokeback Mountain - which centered on two gay characters and contained graphic sex scenes - to a movie that might merely have a subtle acknowledgement of a relationship between two side characters. Nobody is talking about wild love scenes or any great declarations- or anything more than what was in the book for that matter! (and that book sold a lot more copies that BBM sold tickets. World Wide over.)

On a side note: I think it's sad that we still live in a world where straight characters can snog and declare their love in a chorus of praise- and it's fine, but if a gay character so much as drops a hint of admiration towards his love interest it's considered Too Much Information! and a complete distraction from the Plot.

If they choose to have Dumbledore acknowledge his feeling for Grendlewald- they can do it with out "making it an issue". It would simply have to be one simple line of dialogue- which is possible when DD says how "passionate: he was about Grendlewald's ideas. The audience will follow along with the characters on screen -Harry's reaction will define their reaction. Harry could simply nod and the plot will move on- period.

In a story that centers around the power of Love. I think they should acknowledge something that defined Dumbledore's past. DD was Harry's mentor and this was his great love which wasn't shameful in itself even though it was directed at the wrong person. To leave it out or make it completely invisible would do a grave disservice to this character, not to mention the visibility of GLBT people everywhere (IMO).
I agree 100%. It is sad that there is still such a double standard.


__________________
"I wrote this for me, you know. I never wrote this with a focus group of children in mind. I wrote it totally for me and I'm an adult so maybe it's not so surprising."
JK Rowling on Adults liking Harry Potter; 1999

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

  #1449  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 9:01 pm
mrfutterman  Undisclosed.gif mrfutterman is offline
Fifth Year
 
Joined: 2530 days
Posts: 965
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bscorp View Post
I wouldn't compare Brokeback Mountain - which centered on two gay characters and contained graphic sex scenes - to a movie that might merely have a subtle acknowledgement of a relationship between two side characters.
The comparison doesn't work. BBM was about Ennis and Jack, their relationship and the effects that a homophobic society had on these characters. HP is about Harry Potter and his decisions. Dumbledore is a tertiary character and Grindelwald is incredibly minor. The society that surrounds them is so thinly developed that we can come to no conclusion about how anyone in the WW regards GLBT people. Other than to say that - as they are not referred to - they seem to be invisible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bscorp View Post
To leave it out or make it completely invisible would do a greave disservice to this character and to the visibility of GLBT people everywhere (IMO).
But.... it is invisible in the book! We only know that there was any kind of romantic/sexual relationship because Rowling said so, after the last book was published. Otherwise we would not know, as canon is silent on the subject. And remember the uproar when she said her piece? That could not have occurred, on and off the boards, if canon had made the relationship visible.

I am not criticizing Rowling. Dumbledore's sexuality was not relevant. The only thing remotely relevant to the plot or the story was that the youthful DD and Grindelwald bonded over the issue of wizarding supremacy, and their friendship collapsed.


  #1450  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 9:04 pm
katana's Avatar
katana  Female.gif katana is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 2480 days
Location: need....more....footage!! D:
Age: 35
Posts: 1,096
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfutterman View Post
I am not criticizing Rowling. Dumbledore's sexuality was not relevant. The only thing remotely relevant to the plot or the story was that the youthful DD and Grindelwald bonded over the issue of wizarding supremacy, and their friendship collapsed.
I agree with this.


__________________
  #1451  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 9:06 pm
gertiekeddle's Avatar
gertiekeddle  Female.gif gertiekeddle is offline
Eldest Gruff
 
Joined: 3188 days
Location: Öelda, et sinust ma hoolin
Age: 36
Posts: 5,223
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Please keep this discussion in Homosexuality in Harry Potter v2, thanks!


__________________
(Avatar by Alfonzo)


I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.
  #1452  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 9:14 pm
lcbaseball22  Male.gif lcbaseball22 is offline
Secret Keeper
 
Joined: 2247 days
Age: 26
Posts: 5,657
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfutterman View Post
But.... it is invisible in the book! We only know that there was any kind of romantic/sexual relationship because Rowling said so, after the last book was published. Otherwise we would not know, as canon is silent on the subject. And remember the uproar when she said her piece? That could not have occurred, on and off the boards, if canon had made the relationship visible.

I am not criticizing Rowling. Dumbledore's sexuality was not relevant. The only thing remotely relevant to the plot or the story was that the youthful DD and Grindelwald bonded over the issue of wizarding supremacy, and their friendship collapsed.
I agree


So getting away from that (as I just noticed Gerties post), back to the mention of the trio filming several "action sequences" already...what do you suppose those could be?

And the attack at the wedding..think they are going to amp that up a bit? I recall Vince suggesting long ago that Moody die there instead, so he could have more of a heroic death. I think that would be a neat idea, go down fighting


__________________



I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 3rd, 2009 at 9:22 pm. Reason: Off topic
  #1453  
Old April 3rd, 2009, 9:29 pm
Hes's Avatar
Hes  Female.gif Hes is offline
Embroidered by imaginatio
 
Joined: 3374 days
Location: One second out of sync
Age: 32
Posts: 5,966
Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

Version 5 is up now here



Last edited by Hes; April 3rd, 2009 at 9:39 pm.
 
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 4:21 pm.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.