Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

The Deathly Hallows films v.4

View Poll Results: What is the worst thing that could happen in the Deathly Hallows film?
No Dobby 50 22.22%
Replacing Fleur and Bill with Tonks and Lupin 11 4.89%
No epilogue 31 13.78%
Leaving out Godric's Hollow 68 30.22%
Putting in too much about the Deathly Hallows 9 4.00%
Leaving out the ministry heist 13 5.78%
There's not going to be any bad. SQUEEEEEEEEE! 11 4.89%
Other 32 14.22%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 3rd, 2009, 7:44 pm
Second Year

Re: The Deathly Hallows films v.4

He sort of looks like how I imagined Grindelwald, but I imagined wavy blonde hair and a less feminine look but that could easily be put right. He has the right sparkle in his eye like I imagined though.

Edit: Actually looking at the pictures again the first picture of him looks almost exactly as i pictured him, good choice.

Last edited by Willz; April 3rd, 2009 at 7:55 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2009, 7:48 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
I wonder how much of their relationship they will reveal in the film after the media hype of Dumbledore being gay...do you think it is all possible the film will actually mention he and Albus were in love? Would that boost up the rating in anyway?
I doubt it, if anything they should avoid that as they could potentially lose ticket sales due to the taboo/stigma...Brokeback Mountain is an example of that (many refused to see it) though of course, that entire film was centered around that as opposed to just 1 plot element

On a slightly different note:

I wonder who now will play the Young Dumbledore's Do we think there will be that flashback scene with the 3 of them and Arianna?

Oh, and the rumour about Bathilda...SWEET! That's gonna be an awesomely creepy scene!

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 3rd, 2009 at 8:00 pm.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:01 pm
Sixth Year

Is it true that John Williams is supposed to return for the music on Deathly Hallows? Anyone know?

Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:15 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
Is it true that John Williams is supposed to return for the music on Deathly Hallows? Anyone know?
Supposed to yes (), but it's not confirmed by WB yet. The source of the rumour was this article back in August of 07'

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...hallows-49772/

Quote:
I asked John if he was hoping to score the last Harry Potter film and stated that he was sorely missed on the last two films (not to detract from Doyle’s or Hooper’s excellent work).

He said with confidence that he thinks he will be back for the last and then added that he hopes he is! Woo-Hoo!

Basically, if a composer with the credentials of John Williams says he “hopes” to be doing your score, you know it’s a pretty sure thing that he is.

Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:16 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post

I wonder who now will play the Young Dumbledore's
I was just wondering that same thing! I hope there's a flashback scene, but who could pull off playing a young Dumbledore?

Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:42 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Supposed to yes (), but it's not confirmed by WB yet. The source of the rumour was this article back in August of 07'

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-po...hallows-49772/
Ah thanks!! I actually liked Hooper's stuff on OOTP, but John Williams is by far my favorite for the scores! I hope he does return then!

Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:42 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
I doubt it, if anything they should avoid that as they could potentially lose ticket sales due to the taboo/stigma...Brokeback Mountain is an example of that (many refused to see it) though of course, that entire film was centered around that as opposed to just 1 plot element
Yeah, I wouldn't compare Brokeback Mountain - which centered on two gay characters and contained graphic sex scenes - to a movie that might merely have a subtle acknowledgement of a relationship between two side characters. Nobody is talking about wild love scenes or any great declarations- or anything more than what was in the book for that matter! (and that book sold a lot more copies that BBM sold tickets. World Wide over.)

On a side note: I think it's sad that we still live in a world where straight characters can snog and declare their love in a chorus of praise- and it's fine, but if a gay character so much as drops a hint of admiration towards his love interest it's considered Too Much Information! and a complete distraction from the Plot.

If they choose to have Dumbledore acknowledge his feeling for Grendlewald- they can do it with out "making it an issue". It would simply have to be one simple line of dialogue- which is possible when DD says how "passionate: he was about Grendlewald's ideas. The audience will follow along with the characters on screen -Harry's reaction will define their reaction. Harry could simply nod and the plot will move on- period.

In a story that centers around the power of Love. I think they should acknowledge something that defined Dumbledore's past. DD was Harry's mentor and this was his great love which wasn't shameful in itself even though it was directed at the wrong person. To leave it out or make it completely invisible would do a grave disservice to this character, not to mention the visibility of GLBT people everywhere (IMO).

Last edited by Bscorp; April 3rd, 2009 at 8:50 pm.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 8:50 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bscorp View Post
I wouldn't compare Brokeback Mountain - which centered on two gay characters and contained graphic sex scenes - to a movie that might merely have a subtle acknowledgement of a relationship between two side characters. Nobody is talking about wild love scenes or any great declarations- or anything more than what was in the book for that matter! (and that book sold a lot more copies that BBM sold tickets. World Wide over.)

On a side note: I think it's sad that we still live in a world where straight characters can snog and declare their love in a chorus of praise- and it's fine, but if a gay character so much as drops a hint of admiration towards his love interest it's considered Too Much Information! and a complete distraction from the Plot.

If they choose to have Dumbledore acknowledge his feeling for Grendlewald- they can do it with out "making it an issue". It would simply have to be one simple line of dialogue- which is possible when DD says how "passionate: he was about Grendlewald's ideas. The audience will follow along with the characters on screen -Harry's reaction will define their reaction. Harry could simply nod and the plot will move on- period.

In a story that centers around the power of Love. I think they should acknowledge something that defined Dumbledore's past. DD was Harry's mentor and this was his great love which wasn't shameful in itself even though it was directed at the wrong person. To leave it out or make it completely invisible would do a grave disservice to this character, not to mention the visibility of GLBT people everywhere (IMO).
I agree 100%. It is sad that there is still such a double standard.

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Old April 3rd, 2009, 9:01 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
I wouldn't compare Brokeback Mountain - which centered on two gay characters and contained graphic sex scenes - to a movie that might merely have a subtle acknowledgement of a relationship between two side characters.
The comparison doesn't work. BBM was about Ennis and Jack, their relationship and the effects that a homophobic society had on these characters. HP is about Harry Potter and his decisions. Dumbledore is a tertiary character and Grindelwald is incredibly minor. The society that surrounds them is so thinly developed that we can come to no conclusion about how anyone in the WW regards GLBT people. Other than to say that - as they are not referred to - they seem to be invisible.

Quote:
To leave it out or make it completely invisible would do a greave disservice to this character and to the visibility of GLBT people everywhere (IMO).
But.... it is invisible in the book! We only know that there was any kind of romantic/sexual relationship because Rowling said so, after the last book was published. Otherwise we would not know, as canon is silent on the subject. And remember the uproar when she said her piece? That could not have occurred, on and off the boards, if canon had made the relationship visible.

I am not criticizing Rowling. Dumbledore's sexuality was not relevant. The only thing remotely relevant to the plot or the story was that the youthful DD and Grindelwald bonded over the issue of wizarding supremacy, and their friendship collapsed.

Old April 3rd, 2009, 9:04 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfutterman View Post
I am not criticizing Rowling. Dumbledore's sexuality was not relevant. The only thing remotely relevant to the plot or the story was that the youthful DD and Grindelwald bonded over the issue of wizarding supremacy, and their friendship collapsed.
I agree with this.

Old April 3rd, 2009, 9:06 pm
Eldest Gruff

Please keep this discussion in Homosexuality in Harry Potter v2, thanks!

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 9:14 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfutterman View Post
But.... it is invisible in the book! We only know that there was any kind of romantic/sexual relationship because Rowling said so, after the last book was published. Otherwise we would not know, as canon is silent on the subject. And remember the uproar when she said her piece? That could not have occurred, on and off the boards, if canon had made the relationship visible.

I agree

So getting away from that (as I just noticed Gerties post), back to the mention of the trio filming several "action sequences" already...what do you suppose those could be?

And the attack at the wedding..think they are going to amp that up a bit? I recall Vince suggesting long ago that Moody die there instead, so he could have more of a heroic death. I think that would be a neat idea, go down fighting

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 3rd, 2009 at 9:22 pm. Reason: Off topic
Old April 3rd, 2009, 9:29 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

Version 5 is up now here

Last edited by Hes; April 3rd, 2009 at 9:39 pm.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References