Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak > The Tales of Beedle the Bard

Collector's Edition

Old December 7th, 2008, 4:16 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Re: Collector's Edition

Er....I never thought to look at the back. I didn't know there was another skull.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2008, 5:03 am
First Year

Just got my standard edition when it came out. I really want to get my hands on a collectors edition. I'm very jealous of all you guys who got one. But... I'm a poor, college student so I can't afford one. Maybe I'll get one for Christmas though.

Old December 9th, 2008, 1:53 am
Qvack...

I drove out to the Sorting Office today to get it. And wow. It's simply fabulous. I can barely touch it because I'm scared I'll hurt it in some way!! Every member of my family (none of them Potter nuts) agreed that it's simply beautiful. I'm so impressed!

THE DUCK.

Old December 9th, 2008, 2:20 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiricduck View Post
I drove out to the Sorting Office today to get it. And wow. It's simply fabulous. I can barely touch it because I'm scared I'll hurt it in some way!! Every member of my family (none of them Potter nuts) agreed that it's simply beautiful. I'm so impressed!
They didn't deliver it to you? I haven't shown it to my sister-in-law yet. I know she'll probably be gushing over it. My mother thought it was beautiful too.

Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old December 9th, 2008, 2:35 am
Qvack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhanax315 View Post
They didn't deliver it to you? I haven't shown it to my sister-in-law yet. I know she'll probably be gushing over it. My mother thought it was beautiful too.
Well that's a particularly odd story. They did deliver it, but I missed the delivery and it was only made available to me today at the office, which is just silliness. But it was worth the wait, because it is only gorgeous! I'm so glad that I forked out for it! The quality is excellent! I'm in love! !

THE DUCK.

Old December 9th, 2008, 12:45 pm
Doctor's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiricduck View Post
Well that's a particularly odd story. They did deliver it, but I missed the delivery and it was only made available to me today at the office, which is just silliness. But it was worth the wait, because it is only gorgeous! I'm so glad that I forked out for it! The quality is excellent! I'm in love! !
It is lovely isn't it. I was showing it off to my family the other day alright and they were impressed, although I think they still think I'm a tad on the craaaazy side

Old December 9th, 2008, 1:55 pm
Master of the Magical Arts

I got my copy of the CE last night. I wasn't supposed to get it until today so I was really happy. It's gorgeous! The description in the opening post is dead on. I love the prints they included - which were done by Jo for whoever brought it up. You have to look for it because she's very good at blending it into the drawing, but she signed all of them. It has a built in ribbon for a book mark as well - very nice. I will read the whole book, but then I will probably put it in a place of honor on my bookshelf and threaten anyone who goes near it.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Old January 30th, 2009, 3:46 am
First Year

The introduction in the collector's edition is also in the cheap standard versions too. With the only difference being that the intro in the collector's looks like her handwriting (which I find extremely hard to decipher) and the standard book is just typed text.

I love both my editions, especially the collector's edition. It was worth the money!

Today was Halloween. I was having a boring time trick-or-treating when I saw a girl dressed as a werewolf and a girl dressed as a vampire suddenly run into each other. The vampire yelled "TEAM EDWARD". I expected the typical "team jacob", but the werewolf looked the vampire blankly and said coldly, "Harry Potter. I support Remus Lupin." Best response ever. MLIA

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:05 pm
Mrs Gilbert Grape

I feel kind of bad, I still have mine sitting in the box that it was delivered in. I haven't taken it out again.

Old April 28th, 2009, 11:31 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTucker View Post
I am hoping the Collector's Edition will be worth a decent amount of money in 20 years, but I do not know anything about book value.
Even if it is, I don't think I'd sell mine. I'd rather pass it on in the family to one of my nieces and nephews if they're HP fans.

DO NOT DISTURB: SPIDERMAN DANCE IN PROGRESS!
Old April 28th, 2009, 7:18 pm
Squee-worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhanax315 View Post
I feel kind of bad, I still have mine sitting in the box that it was delivered in. I haven't taken it out again.
I have mine in the box as well. I don't feel bad about it, for one - the box itself is something I want to keep, and two - its the best protection I can offer such an amazing book.

Old April 28th, 2009, 11:47 pm
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Godric View Post
I have mine in the box as well. I don't feel bad about it, for one - the box itself is something I want to keep, and two - its the best protection I can offer such an amazing book.
True, the box itself is pretty awesome. But how do you show off your book to someone who doesn't know what it is or hasn't even seen it? I guess they'd have to go buy they're own, huh?

Old April 29th, 2009, 1:11 am
Squee-worthy

Well I have taken it out before, I just put it back in there. If I wanted to show someone I would just take it out.

Old April 29th, 2009, 5:30 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Godric View Post
Well I have taken it out before, I just put it back in there. If I wanted to show someone I would just take it out.
Well, I've taken mine out too, but that was only when I had first gotten it. Since then the box has been sitting on my bookshelf. I don't think I'd be able to gather up the courage to take it out again.

Old October 3rd, 2009, 3:34 pm
Third Year

I'm so jealous! I want the collectors addition!

My wand! Made by Christian Mills (captain_mills) from the Mills Family Wand Company.
Click here to see more pictures.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak > The Tales of Beedle the Bard