Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives

Glee

Old October 15th, 2009, 4:30 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Re: Glee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I also liked Will's confrontation with Terri, though I think the doctor who did the ultrasound shouldn't be going along with this fake pregnancy thing.
You think??? He should have
'accidentally' made a way for Will to learn the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrowGhoul View Post
I thought that was just my faulty internet connection!
I was watching on my laptop and actually nudged it because for some insane reason I thought that would help the shakies go away!

Quote:
I don't know if Terri's line was so much foreshadowing, or a desperate attempt to keep his love after the truth comes out. I agree, it is incredible that he hasn't figured it out already. Most husbands at the very least lift the shirt a bit to talk to the belly.
Well, I guess it was a little of both. More like an acknowledgment that the truth will come out at some point. Please don't be a season finale cliff hanger moment.

Old October 15th, 2009, 7:15 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krums_Girl View Post
I loved the Keep Holding On segment. I wanted to cry. It was so sweet, and touching. It gave me goosebumps. That was definetly my favorite Glee moment.
That was definitely touching. My favorite moment was Will and Sue hugging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I loved last night's ep. The whole showdown between Will and Sue was epic and well played out. I also liked Will's confrontation with Terri, though I think the doctor who did the ultrasound shouldn't be going along with this fake pregnancy thing.
With only two ob/gyns in the town, I don't think the doctor needs to worry about losing patients.

Quote:
It was so sweet! I really like Quinn, I wish she hadn't lied to Finn.
She's really beginning to see through Sue, I think. This incident might just push her into telling Finn the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
I can't believe Will hasn't grabbed her Terri's belly yet. When is that throwdown going to happen? But we did get foreshadowing of it when they were at the OB's and she said 'no matter what happens remember that we love each other' or whatever it was.
Yes, they really do love each other, no matter what the reason (is there ever a reason for love?). I think Terri knows she can't keep this up forever.

Quote:
And is is me or did they use a different filming style this time? It seemed to be more faux documentary style than it has been in the past with shaky camera shots.
I didn't really notice. Fox has the ep posted and I'm going to rewatch it again tonight. It was too good to watch only once.

Quote:
I don't know if Terri's line was so much foreshadowing, or a desperate attempt to keep his love after the truth comes out. I agree, it is incredible that he hasn't figured it out already. Most husbands at the very least lift the shirt a bit to talk to the belly.
Will's the kind of guy that would want to feel the baby kicking.

Quote:
Well, I guess it was a little of both. More like an acknowledgment that the truth will come out at some point. Please don't be a season finale cliff hanger moment.
I can't believe Terri is still getting away with the lie. Now that you bring it up, it's probably going to be a cliffhanger moment.

I don't even want to think about the season being over. I hope Fox keeps the vids posted and then rushes out the DVD's. They are going in my library for sure.

Maybe they'll put out an "I'm a Gleek" t-shirt.

Old October 16th, 2009, 3:26 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
And is is me or did they use a different filming style this time? It seemed to be more faux documentary style than it has been in the past with shaky camera shots.
I noticed that too, there was one part when it was so shaky it was difficult to see the people the screen. Very strange that they would do that.

I think my favorite part of the episode was when Rachel showed them all the proper way to storm out of a Glee Club session.

I also found it slightly ironic what when Sue announced that Quinn was pregnant, she expected it to be a huge revelation, when the entire Glee Club already knew about it. I still surprised she did that though, because that probably lost her her biggest and most loyal spy in the Glee Club.

Twins on a Train
Working With the Weasleys
No Chance
Runaway

Proud member of OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)

Last edited by witchsmart; October 16th, 2009 at 3:28 am.
Old October 16th, 2009, 4:35 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
Which goes along with my question to amanduhrae--You respect Will's marriage to Terri, a self-involved shopaholic with wildly virulent mood swings? Who treates him with less respect than her other possessions, the ones she purchases? Really? Why? The relationship seems toxic. It'd be better for both of them if it ended.
My thinking was that there must've been some reason for Will to marry Terri; I don't think he would make such a commitment on a whim. And if he didn't leave her after already seeing her bad mood swings and shopping addiction, he must really like her for her, and she can consider herself lucky. However, in this last episode when Will was so excited about the baby, I can't help but feel sorry for him for not knowing the truth. I wish that Terri would just come clean instead of telling lie after lie. Will wouldn't be angry that she wasn't pregnant; he would be angry that she went so far in trying to fool him.

Old October 16th, 2009, 6:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanduhrae View Post
My thinking was that there must've been some reason for Will to marry Terri; I don't think he would make such a commitment on a whim. And if he didn't leave her after already seeing her bad mood swings and shopping addiction, he must really like her for her, and she can consider herself lucky. However, in this last episode when Will was so excited about the baby, I can't help but feel sorry for him for not knowing the truth. I wish that Terri would just come clean instead of telling lie after lie. Will wouldn't be angry that she wasn't pregnant; he would be angry that she went so far in trying to fool him.
And the look she gave him was like, wow, this is really important to you. Like she saw for the first time in a long time that he was a human being with emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchsmart View Post
I think my favorite part of the episode was when Rachel showed them all the proper way to storm out of a Glee Club session.
I love her.
Quote:
I also found it slightly ironic what when Sue announced that Quinn was pregnant, she expected it to be a huge revelation, when the entire Glee Club already knew about it. I still surprised she did that though, because that probably lost her her biggest and most loyal spy in the Glee Club.
But if she keeps her on the team, she is now a bigger ally than ever. Rachel put all this doubt into Quinn's head and then if Sue turns around and embraces it, there is no stopping Sue.

Old October 16th, 2009, 9:17 pm
Sixth Year

I think that was probably the funniest episode yet. I still can't stop laughing, Sue was just EPIC in this one.

Terri in this episode made me hate her character more..seriously, why doesn't she just come clean? Argh! I feel aweful for Will, the poor man.

As far as Sue announcing Quinns pregnancy, do you think Quinn will think Rachel snitched her out?

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Old October 18th, 2009, 4:11 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
But if she keeps her on the team, she is now a bigger ally than ever. Rachel put all this doubt into Quinn's head and then if Sue turns around and embraces it, there is no stopping Sue.
I thought Sue had already kicked Quinn off the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by potterposse View Post
As far as Sue announcing Quinns pregnancy, do you think Quinn will think Rachel snitched her out?
I think Rachel will be able to prove that the creepy, blackmailing guy (I don't know his name) had released it on his webpage.

Twins on a Train
No Chance
Runaway

Old October 18th, 2009, 4:12 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:

I think Rachel will be able to prove that the creepy, blackmailing guy (I don't know his name) had released it on his webpage.
Ok, that's something I question. I can see that whole scene happening in the 80's, but in this day and age? Wouldn't he be slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit pretty much immediately?

2nd place, Nicest Member; 1st place, Hogsmeade Member of the Year

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old October 18th, 2009, 4:22 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Ok, that's something I question. I can see that whole scene happening in the 80's, but in this day and age? Wouldn't he be slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit pretty much immediately?
I suppose he could if Rachel made the effort to do something about it, which she doesn't seem to be doing. That's mostly likely due to the fact that if she does file a lawsuit that's the last we'll see of that character, who I'm sure brings some comedy to viewers. But who knows, maybe he'll play a bigger part later on.

Twins on a Train
No Chance
Runaway

Last edited by witchsmart; October 27th, 2009 at 1:22 am.
Old October 18th, 2009, 5:14 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Rachel wouldn't do that. She's trying to keep the whole thing quiet and a lawsuit would make Quinn's pregnancy public immediately. She thought she was making the right decision. I don't think she knows Will knows. If she did, she could have gone to him when sleazoid approached her.

Old October 18th, 2009, 5:15 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post
Rachel wouldn't do that. She's trying to keep the whole thing quiet and a lawsuit would make Quinn's pregnancy public immediately. She thought she was making the right decision. I don't think she knows Will knows. If she did, she could have gone to him when sleazoid approached her.
Wasn't she the one who turned Sandy in (or not? I don't remember?). My point is not whether she would or wouldn't, but that how, in today's world, would he be willing to take that chance?

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old October 18th, 2009, 3:26 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Wasn't she the one who turned Sandy in (or not? I don't remember?). My point is not whether she would or wouldn't, but that how, in today's world, would he be willing to take that chance?
He's a teenage boy.

Old October 19th, 2009, 11:34 pm

Quote:
I thought Sue had already kicked Quinn off the team?
Did she? Did I miss that? I thought it was left open. I should probably re-watch it.

Old October 21st, 2009, 3:17 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Did she? Did I miss that? I thought it was left open. I should probably re-watch it.
There wasn't an official statement, I guess I just assumed so because of Sue's tone and reaction to the news.

Twins on a Train
No Chance
Runaway

Old October 21st, 2009, 6:39 pm

I hope Fox posts the episode Thursday morning, I can't stand knowing it will be on tonight but I won't be able to see it until it's online. I miss my TV and am starting to get a bit loopy without it.

Old October 21st, 2009, 6:47 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
I hope Fox posts the episode Thursday morning, I can't stand knowing it will be on tonight but I won't be able to see it until it's online. I miss my TV and am starting to get a bit loopy without it.
I was wishing this morning that Glee was actually on on Tuesday evening so that I could watch it NOW!

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old October 22nd, 2009, 4:26 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
I was wishing this morning that Glee was actually on on Tuesday evening so that I could watch it NOW!
I'm telling ya, the instant they issue the DVD's, I'm one-clicking at Amazon.

Did I hear right that there will be no new episodes until November 9? I'll be on the Fox website day and night watching the old episodes.

Sue and Will swing dancing. I can't say a word right now, because I'm still giggling.

The music was fantastic as always. They've already got CD's out but I'm holding out for the DVD's.

No Terri tonight.

Old October 22nd, 2009, 5:29 pm

Seriously, the lines that come out of Sue's mouth are just priceless.

I was listening to one of the Glee podcasts - Gleeful I think, and they were saying they wondered why there hadn't been an episode featuring Puck yet. And then bam, here he is front and center. Sweet Caroline - I thought he did a great job on that. And I like that he and Rachel had their little fling and then were honest with each other - some relationship in the show that was honest for once!!!

How has there been no Terri? But it was good to see Ken be straight with Will - I was happy for him.

And Sue in her zoot suit - perfect. Her and Will swing dancing, I just loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post
Did I hear right that there will be no new episodes until November 9? I'll be on the Fox website day and night watching the old episodes.
Is this for real? How can they do that to us???

ps. Seriously why did they have to have Shuester singing the thong song? Bust a Move was bad enough, but the Thong Song?

Oh and those Slushies look yummy.

Last edited by HMN; October 22nd, 2009 at 6:13 pm.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 9:44 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Well, that was fun.

I have never heard of the Thong Song, but I actually liked it. Puck is adorable, as is Rachel, although my goodness, her skirts are certainly short, aren't they? I cracked up at Quinn staring at the clock in her sunglasses.

Sue's line about getting Will a cat was hysterical. As was his response.

Sorted on CoS
Sorted on Pottermore
Old October 22nd, 2009, 9:47 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
I was listening to one of the Glee podcasts - Gleeful I think, and they were saying they wondered why there hadn't been an episode featuring Puck yet. And then bam, here he is front and center. Sweet Caroline - I thought he did a great job on that. And I like that he and Rachel had their little fling and then were honest with each other - some relationship in the show that was honest for once!!!
Yes, he did a great job. Sounded just like Neil Diamond.

Quote:
Is this for real? How can they do that to us???
The World Series is pre-empting so much. On 11/4, they will be repeating last week's episode (the best) and then a new episodes starting the following week.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives