Originally Posted by BurrowGhoul View Post
What???
Here's the link to the article.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/excl...s-controversy/

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2011, 4:01 am
Squee-worthy

Re: Glee

Murphy just seems to be confirming that they're graduating but will probably be back for Season 4. I had heard about a spinoff before too (I think it was from the ComicCon interviews) and I, personally, don't like the idea anyway. I'd rather have them stick around in some way for Season 4.

Old August 1st, 2011, 1:41 pm
Sixth Year

What I think they should do is keep the characters on Glee but show Finn, Kurt, and Rachel at college as well as showing people at McKinley, kind of how they did with Kurt when he was at Dalton. But if they do a spin-off I wouldn't mind as long as Lea, Cory, and Chris still got to stick around.

Old August 1st, 2011, 8:49 pm
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Darren Criss news for all you fangirls: He will be taking over for Dan Radcliffe in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying when Radcliffe's run is over in January. I love it! Harry Potter taking over for Harry Potter.

Old August 1st, 2011, 9:53 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
Darren Criss news for all you fangirls: He will be taking over for Dan Radcliffe in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying when Radcliffe's run is over in January. I love it! Harry Potter taking over for Harry Potter.
You all know I'm ecstatic!!! I'm so overjoyed for him; it's so great to be able to see his talent and fame grow. I will definitely be in the audience cheering him on! Anyone else?

Hufflepuff Pride
Old August 1st, 2011, 9:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvDarkMarks View Post
I will definitely be in the audience cheering him on! Anyone else?
I'd love to, but I'm in California so it's not an option for me.

Old August 1st, 2011, 10:20 pm
Sixth Year

That's awesome.

As for The Glee Project last night, I had a feeling Cameron would quit. He just didn't have the fortitude to stay there. I understand that he has certain beliefs, but he needs to learn that in the business you have to throw that out the window and be someone different. It doesn't make you a bad person or anything because you're playing a character who isn't you. And what would he have to do if he had to kiss someone in a scene and constituted that as cheating? It's not because you aren't really attracted to that person. How many movie actors have done love scenes with people who aren't their husbands/wives? It's just a part of the business.

I'm really rooting for Hannah though. I like her and Damian.

Old August 1st, 2011, 10:58 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
I'd heard about that before, but I'm glad it's official now! I'm so proud of him!

I really hope I can go. I'm about 9 hours south of New York and my birthday is in January, so hopefully I can make a quick trip up there before spring semester starts!

"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Old August 1st, 2011, 11:52 pm
Sixth Year

It would be so cool if you could go. If you do, let us know how it is.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 12:27 am
First Year

I will if I do! I just looked at the dates and Darren's stint on the show actually starts on my birthday.

Speaking of shows, did any of you actually go to one of the Glee Live shows?

"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Old August 2nd, 2011, 2:44 pm
Sixth Year

No, but I wish I could've. I'm sure it would've been cool.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 2:47 pm
Registered Animagus

A friend of mine saw Dan in How To Succeed and said he was fantastic. She goes to a lot of Broadway shows and is very finicky so he must have been really good.

I'm still trying to get tickets to the Glee Concert 3D. The show starts 8/12 and is only in theaters for two weeks. I'll check again on Friday.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 2:51 pm
Sixth Year

Yeah, I want to see the concert in theaters, too, but I think it's only in 3D, and I don't like 3D. It bugs me too much.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 4:16 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, I want to see the concert in theaters, too, but I think it's only in 3D, and I don't like 3D. It bugs me too much.
3D used to bug me with those awful paper glasses. The new ones with the rigid rims are pretty good. I can wear them over my glasses and see just fine. I just saw Transformers 3 in 3D and it was very good.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 6:23 pm
Sixth Year

Yeah, I've heard those other glasses are much better now, which is a good thing.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 9:37 pm
First Year

The 3D actually isn't bad at all now. I used to hate it, too, but the new glasses and the fact that they're actually doing 3D scenes tastefully now have changed my mind. I've seen DH2 twice in 3D already.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:04 pm
Sixth Year

Well, I'll see about it. But maybe they'll have it in 2D. We'll see.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I depsise 3D, too, even with the new type of glasses. I can't stand wearing them over my own glasses, plus they make everything really dark. And you never know how well the 3D comes out until you fork out all that money to see it--the 3D in Pirates 4 was atrocious.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:46 am
Sixth Year

Yeah, wearing it over my own glasses is what gets to me too because if I take my glasses off I can't see at all. So, yeah, it'll be pretty bad. But maybe if they put it on DVD, they'll have a 2D version. That would be nice.

Old August 5th, 2011, 2:37 pm
Third Year

I really dislike how Hulu doesn't put up episodes of The Glee Project until Thursday, but alas, I have finally seen this week's. I was spoiled for the results of this episode because I was on Twitter Sunday night and Cameron was doing a live chat on Oxygen/Twitter. From his and others's comments, it made it seem like he left specifically to save Damian, but that really wasn't the case. He really wanted to go and I think he made the right decision.

I had the same feeling last week that he might be better suited as just a singer than an actor/singer. I respect his feelings about sexuality but if he can't separate his feelings/beliefs from real life to an act, then I don't think acting is for him. (That sounds like I want him to compromise his beliefs- eek! But as a performer myself, I know how to separate my feelings on stage from off stage.) He'll be successful as a singer anyway- if you haven't checked out his YouTube channel yet, go now!!

As for Glee Live, I kind of wish it was a TV movie considering it's more a replay of the concert with fan shoutouts, but I'll still probably see it since I couldn't go to the concert.

Hufflepuff Pride

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Non Harry Potter Archives