Favorite scenes / lines in the HBP movie

Old July 18th, 2009, 1:33 am
First Year

Re: Favorite scenes / lines in the HBP movie

The 'Hermione's got nice skin' conversation
When Ron takes the love potion and asks Harry to introduce him to Romilda
When Ron falls off the couch
"These girls, they're gonna kill me"
Harry: I thought you couldn't apperate inside hogwarts" and Dumbledore: Well, being me has it's privileges
Dumbledore's "most people vomit the first time"
The Cave scene, my friend who I was seeing it with actually screamed when the infirious grabbed Harry, so we spent the bit where Harry's under water giggling, but still
and the dress Luna wears to the slug club x-mas party
just some of my faves.

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter’s the one, And Voldy’s gone moldy, so now let’s have fun!
“Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn’t it?” said Ron.-DH

Harry seized the wand lying beside his camp bed, pointed it at the cluttered desk, and said, "Accio Glasses!"
Although they were only a foot away, there was something immensly satisfying about seeing them zoom toward him, at least until they poked him in the eye.
"Slick," snorted Ron. -DH

HARRY POTTER IS A WAY OF LIFE!
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2009, 1:38 am
Animaga terpsichore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyfeet123 View Post
The 'Hermione's got nice skin' conversation
When Ron takes the love potion and asks Harry to introduce him to Romilda
When Ron falls off the couch
"These girls, they're gonna kill me"
Harry: I thought you couldn't apperate inside hogwarts" and Dumbledore: Well, being me has it's privileges
Dumbledore's "most people vomit the first time"
The Cave scene, my friend who I was seeing it with actually screamed when the infirious grabbed Harry, so we spent the bit where Harry's under water giggling, but still
and the dress Luna wears to the slug club x-mas party
just some of my faves.
That whole list just made me laugh so hard. I totally forgot about a lot of that stuff, like Ron falling off the couch, and what Luna wore to the Christmas party.

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Old July 18th, 2009, 1:42 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_snuffles View Post
Its probably just another way of Apparating (sp?). They did it in OOtP also. (Not in the book, just the movie.)
OK I just looked it up

IN THE FILMS

In both the Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix, Apparition is seen as the person transforming into a cloud of smoke, and re-forming elsewhere. This is most seen during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries in the film adaptation of the Order of the Phoenix. Death Eaters were shown Apparating in a cloud of black smoke, while the Order of the Phoenix members Apparated in clouds of pure white smoke instead of appearing with a "pop" as in the books.

Also in the Department of Mysteries, several members of the Order and Death Eaters were seen, with the same appearance as apparating, flying while battling. We know from the canon that this is incorrect because one cannot fly without assistance (with the exception of Lord Voldemort and those who he taught such as Severus Snape).

Curiously, Fred and George Weasley Apparated towards the beginning of the film twice with no special effects. They merely appeared suddenly, most commonly behind someone, to that persons' great annoyance.

In the Half-Blood Prince, the Death Eaters are shown apparating by means of a cloud of black mist as in Order of the Phoenix, as they attack both wizarding neighborhoods and also Muggle neighborhoods. When they attack the bridge and wreak havoc on town sites, they seem to just hit the foundation. In addition, in the film the mist becomes transparent, as if invisble while attacking the bridge. It is very clear in the books that doing magic while apparating is more or less impossible because you are being "ripped" to another location and the sensation is so powerful that you couldn't focus to aim your wand anyway. Rowling never explained how such catastrophes like the bridge happened, but it's safe to say that the Death Eaters probably didn't smash into the foundations while covered in black haze like in the movies. It may be possible that this misty teleportation is not apparating at all

Proud member of

-She is the definition of perfect-
Old July 18th, 2009, 1:54 am
Second Year

Re: Favorite Scenes/Lines in the movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusBusiness View Post
Ron interupting them a few seconds later was a fun one as well.
That was hilarious

I loved the scene where Ron fell off the couch (and was later poisoned). It was really well done IMO. Rupert Grint is really good at looking really stupid The quidditch scene was awesome too. I still don't get the use of the hat... Or maybe it's because of all the stunts he was doing with his head. I also love scenes with Ron and Lavender. I loved how everybody started cheering when she kissed him The scene with Harry and Hermione after the party was really touching, too.

And everything lil_snuffles says above is hilarious, especially the 'nice skin' conversation

Oh why, all the possibilities I'm sure you've heard
That's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa

~92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.~
Old July 18th, 2009, 6:59 am
Sixth Year

I loved the "nice skin" conversation! "I'm just saying, it could be a contributing factor"
The scene with Harry and Hermione after the Ron/Lav kiss was surprisingly touching. I was very moved.
The Dumbledore tribute was also touching.
The Quidditch scene (I actually cheered).

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Old July 18th, 2009, 8:39 am
First Year

The Cave scene is definitely my favorite. It just has this awesome sense of adventure to it, while still delivering what I think is one of the most emotionally powerful moments in the entire series (Harry force-feeding Dumbledore the elixir). It also doesn't hurt that the scene is pretty freakin' scary.

Another scene that's really stuck with me is the one with Harry comforting Hermione about Ron/Lavender after the Quidditch match. Actually managed to cause me to tear up a bit. It's this scene that made me realize just how much I've grown to love these characters, and just how terrific these actors are in their roles.

As for favorite lines, just about every one that came from Harry while he was on Felix Felicis had me cracking up!

Slughorn: Harry?!
Harry: Sir!

My IMDB Ratings | My IMDB Reviews | Want Midna Back?
Old July 18th, 2009, 3:30 pm
First Year

I like the part when Hermione smelled the love potion haha toothpaste and when professor Slughorn was explaining it all the girls where mesmerized with potion hahah--- This movie has more comedy than the others... Did the directors change or something??

Old July 18th, 2009, 4:40 pm
First Year

Hands up the best parts of the flick were when Harry was trippin' on "luck". I loved the entire "pincers" scene and the:

"Harry!"

"SIRR??"

Was fantastic as well.

For a film where not much actually happened, as far as major plot points, I was intrigued the whole way.

Old July 18th, 2009, 5:53 pm
First Year

- The skin conversation
- Ron & Harrty fighting over the new book
- Quidditch
- The Christmas Party
- Ron & Hermione in the hospital wing
- Love Potion
- Felix Felicis
- Malfoy in general
- Ron sitting between Harry & Ginny
- The Weasleys joke shop
- Harry comforting Hermione
- The Three Broomsticks scene
- The Burrow right at the beginning
- The wands when Dumbledores body is found

... etc.
Pretty much, I loved everything

Proud Gryffindor!
Old July 18th, 2009, 7:34 pm
First Year

I'm glad they including lots of the flirting+ scenes (even at the start with Harry and the girl at the cafe), really signifies the characters are growing up into their late teens.

Aside from the wonderful humour in the film (the skin metaphor, Hermione's dentist anecdote at the party), I particularly enjoyed Bellatrix's scenes (and HBC's portrayal, which reminded me a bit of The Joker from The Dark Knight). One that springs to mind is when she sets Hagrid's hut on fire and starts jumping up and down, cheering.

Last edited by elemenopee; July 18th, 2009 at 7:38 pm.
Old July 18th, 2009, 7:46 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans8chan View Post
I like the part when Hermione smelled the love potion haha toothpaste and when professor Slughorn was explaining it all the girls where mesmerized with potion hahah--- This movie has more comedy than the others... Did the directors change or something??
I'm not sure, but I agree. HBP has been more humorous. I found it much more enjoyable than any of the other HP movies

As I read, people bring up more and more scenes that I had forgotten. I loved the entire movie

Oh why, all the possibilities I'm sure you've heard
That's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa

~92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig.~
Old July 18th, 2009, 7:48 pm
Second Year

"So, did you and Ginny do it?"

Old July 18th, 2009, 8:45 pm
First Year

Although I agree that the scenes after Harry drank the liquid-luck were excellent, I have to say that my favorite scene was in the bathroom during the Harry/Draco duel and Snape saving Draco from death. The incantation to reduce the blood loss, as well as when he was holding him before waking up, showed Snape's fatherly instincts. I love Snape.

Old July 18th, 2009, 8:58 pm
First Year

I have so many favorite scenes on this movie as this is currently my favorite of all 5!

Though totally useless, I love the Burrow scene.
Liquid Luck Scene!
The Joke Shop!
Ron: "I'm your brother!"
Twins: "10 Galleons!"
McCormack flirting with Hermione
I also love the fact that they included the bird attack!

And my most favorite scene was the fire at the cave! It was better that what I've imagined it while reading the book.

I just love the movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna_Luvr55 View Post
I'm not sure, but I agree. HBP has been more humorous. I found it much more enjoyable than any of the other HP movies

As I read, people bring up more and more scenes that I had forgotten. I loved the entire movie
Same here! This movie has been loyal to the book since the past 3 movies!
Love it! Love it!
Gonna watch it again hehehehe!!!
Cant wait for dvd to be available.....

Also I forgot Luna's Lion Hat! I love Luna!

Old July 18th, 2009, 11:17 pm
Third Year

Ron with the love potion is an outstanding scene.
Slughorn Party were McClaggen throws up on Snape.
Hermione with her birds, and having them fly at Ron
The library scene

Old July 19th, 2009, 12:42 am
First Year

I like the bit where Ron and Harry fight over the good book in Potions.

And also at the start when everyone is looking over the stair case going 'is Harry here?'

xD

Old July 19th, 2009, 12:52 am
Second Year

Haha, I also like how Harry and Ron fought over the book. My favorite scene was probably the astronomy tower, I like how they didn't waste time with it and how harsh and creepy Dumbledore's death came off.

I was hoping for more action though, the wheat field scene seemed to be wanting to add this but instead served as a time filler.

Old July 19th, 2009, 1:14 am
Second Year

I liked all the scenes that were mentioned in this thread so far. The funny and the emotional scenes.

I also loved the part when Snape, Narcissa and Bellatrix are talking to each other at the beginning of the movie. I laughed when Bella was looking at Snape's stuff and he says:

"Put it down Bella, we musn't touch what isn't ours..." he talks like a school teacher, even outside of school.

Join HOL Virtual Hogwarts. Longest running Virtual Hogwarts
July 22/09- Student sign ups are now open!
Old July 19th, 2009, 1:58 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_snuffles View Post
I love how Snape was in the Hospital Wing after Ron was poisoned. When Hermione and Lavender were arguing, he was just staring with a blank face. I'm sure he felt totally awkward being there, listening to all of that.
I was giggling at how awkward he looked! All straight-faced and silent.

Like everyone else said, the entire Felix Felicis sequence was hilarious. For some reason, Harry started reminding me of the Tenth Doctor from Doctor Who. It was just the way he was acting. And the pincers thing was exactly what Ten would do.

I loooved the duel in the bathroom, I was so worried they wouldn't get that right, and Draco lying on the floor in the bloody water was perfect.

The love potion scene was great, too, especially the way it changed from hilarious to scary in an instant. Everyone in my theater started laughing when Ron fell over, and immediately shut up when he started choking.

Other favorites:
"Oppugno!"
The entire cave scene.
The scene in the tower (especially Snape putting a finger to his lips, that made the whole thing even worse)
The tribute to Dumbledore at the foot of the tower
Fawkes! I thought they might have forgotten Fawkes.
At the end, when they were panning across Dumbledore's office, there was a bowl of sherbet lemons on his desk. Nice touch.

Old July 19th, 2009, 1:59 am
Third Year

There are so many scenes that I loved.
- Yes, I really liked the scene with Harry flirting with the waitress. It was great.
- McGongall: "Take Weasly with you too. He seems far too happy.
- Quidditch.
- All the scenes with Cormac. Especially the part where he's licking his fingers. that was the funnest part of the film for me.
- McGongall: "Why is it always you three?" Ron: 'You've been asking that same questioon for 6 years, Professer" (Paraphrased)
- Weasly Joke Shop
- Hogsmeade
-ROn sitting in between Harry and Ginny
- "So, did you and Ginny do it?"
- The scene where Ron says Hermione scene in her sleep
- The Burrow Attack

And many more...

I also like the conversation about Hermione and Ginny's skin. Priceless.

Vincent Van Gogh: Hold my hand, Doctor. Try to see what I see. We're so lucky we're still alive to see this beautiful world. Look at the sky. It's not dark and black, without character. The black is in fact deep blue. And over there, lighter blue. And blue and through the blueness and the blackness, the wind swirling through the air. And then shining, burning, bursting through through the stars. And you see how they throw their light. Everywhere we look, complex magic of nature blazes before our eyes.

The Doctor: I've seen many things, my friend, but you're right. Nothing... quite as wonderful as the things you see.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies