Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies

Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:53 am
Zonko's Employee

Re: ABC Family's Versions of the HP movies

I'm wondering if OOTP really has been extended. When GOF first aired on ABC Family a coulple years back, it was advertised as being extended but GOF wasen't extended until December 09.

If it is extended, it will probably only be the deleted clips from the DVD which were mainly just small, short little add-ons to scenes. I wonder if they will keep the scene of Trelawny making a mess of her meal during Umbridge's speech during the opening speech.

I've been watching the ABC Family marathon all weekend and I'm very excited for OOTP! It's coming on so soon now!

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:56 am
Second Year

I don't think I have the ABC Family channel. I guess I'll just buy it on Blu-Ray.

Proud supporter of: HWRKDJCKQ. I have yet to figure out what that means.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:59 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
I'm wondering if OOTP really has been extended. When GOF first aired on ABC Family a coulple years back, it was advertised as being extended but GOF wasen't extended until December 09.

If it is extended, it will probably only be the deleted clips from the DVD which were mainly just small, short little add-ons to scenes. I wonder if they will keep the scene of Trelawny making a mess of her meal during Umbridge's speech during the opening speech.

I've been watching the ABC Family marathon all weekend and I'm very excited for OOTP! It's coming on so soon now!
i absolutely loved that trelawney scene, i will laugh really hard if it ends up in the extended version.

They are advertising it as having footage never shown in theaters... so i hope they throw in deleted scenes, even if they are ones we have already seen.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 1:08 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordThingy View Post
i'm looking forward to seeing the deleted scenes added in to Order of the Phoenix! I don't know how reliable this is, but ABC Family has it showing from 8-11 (3 hours) and they only had 2 1/2 hours alotted for GoF.
Well...OoTP is the feature presentation they have been advertising all weekend...so I think it's safe to say there may be a few more commercials. Just a few

..But I'm with you, I'm excited to see these deleted scenes. Tonight was my first time seeing any cut scenes from GoF, and I must say, I liked them

What an experience this has been for
us all.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 1:18 am
Fifth Year

I saw GoF yesterday on that channel. Theres one scene in that, that was worth sitting through it for. Snape and Karkaroff at the Yule Ball! That was great! I dont know if ill stay up for OotP though. It sounds like they are gonna drag it out with commercials.

Pottermore: PatronusBat
Please do not add me on Pottermore without owling me first! Or else my wand will speak for me!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 1:19 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwood View Post
Well...OoTP is the feature presentation they have been advertising all weekend...so I think it's safe to say there may be a few more commercials. Just a few

..But I'm with you, I'm excited to see these deleted scenes. Tonight was my first time seeing any cut scenes from GoF, and I must say, I liked them
Especially the common room scene right after they find Crouch dead. It makes loads more sense now.

Boy I hope we get something we have not seen before for OotP.....

Old March 22nd, 2010, 1:20 am
Zonko's Employee

I'm pretty sure it IS extended because when the movie started there was a notice that said, "this film has been modified to fit the screen AND to edited to run in the time allotted". That last part means only one thing on ABC Family...it has been extended! The first extended scene (trewlany making a mess while eating) should be during the opening feast.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 1:29 am
Second Year

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it IS extended because when the movie started there was a notice that said, "this film has been modified to fit the screen AND to edited to run in the time allotted". That last part means only one thing on ABC Family...it has been extended! The first extended scene (trewlany making a mess while eating) should be during the opening feast.
I saw that notice too. But I thought that it probably meant the opposite of what you said. But I sure hope you're right!

Maybe we'll see an extended version of the Ministry battle!?

What an experience this has been for
us all.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 1:32 am
Animaga terpsichore

I definitely love the versions they have been playing on ABC. I like all the extra scenes they added because some of my dvd's of the Harry Potter films (some of them aren't the special editions) don't have the extended/deleted scenes they have been showing.

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Old March 22nd, 2010, 1:33 am
Zonko's Employee

Nah, ABC family never chops up it's movies, that's regular ABC.

I doubt we'll get any scenes not on the DVD, unfortunately...but it'll still be cool to see how those little extended moments from the DVD fit into the movie proper.

Then again, this is Yates so you never know...maybe they will surprise us...I swear if there is a scene we've never seen before I will have a panic attack!

EDIT: Ok, so the Trelawnly eating scene wasn't included but Neville talking about how his gran called the daily prohet rubbish and canceled their subscription was added. This was a nice addition, Neville comes across as so strong and cool here and it's a nice intro to his new development in this film.

Last edited by MasterOfDeath; March 22nd, 2010 at 1:49 am.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 1:59 am
Seventh Year

Watching ootp!

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old March 22nd, 2010, 2:06 am
Second Year

I love ABC Family's HP marathons! I actually don't have time to watch OotP tonight but I have it recording on my dvr. I watched the first couple with my 3 year old (finally one of my kids will watch with me!). I don't know why I like to watch on tv when I have the movies (probably because I am lazy, and I like that they add the scenes right in )

Old March 22nd, 2010, 2:24 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

I noticed that during the "extended" GoF they did add stuff back in but they also trimmed at least one scene. The scene in the potions closet with Snape and Karkaroff was there but the ending was cut off. They cut to Snape closing the door on Harry while he was in the middle of listing the ingredients to Polyjuice potion. "... boomslang skin... lace wing flies..." Door slams in Harry's face. The end of his line was cut out. Pretty silly if you ask me. It only amounts to a few seconds. They could have trimmed that from anywhere. Why cut in the middle of a line?

Old March 22nd, 2010, 2:26 am
Fifth Year

I'm noticing a bunch of little extra bits during these DA scenes in OoTP!

Old March 22nd, 2010, 2:28 am
Third Year

yeah it says they have some deleted scenes that were not seen in theaters. but would they point them out cuz if they dont i might not catch em' if they do can u guys point them out for me?

Harry, you wonderful boy, you brave, brave man.
R.I.P.

Their daring, nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart.
Proud Gryffindor

Old March 22nd, 2010, 2:35 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by boushh View Post
I noticed that during the "extended" GoF they did add stuff back in but they also trimmed at least one scene. The scene in the potions closet with Snape and Karkaroff was there but the ending was cut off. They cut to Snape closing the door on Harry while he was in the middle of listing the ingredients to Polyjuice potion. "... boomslang skin... lace wing flies..." Door slams in Harry's face. The end of his line was cut out. Pretty silly if you ask me. It only amounts to a few seconds. They could have trimmed that from anywhere. Why cut in the middle of a line?
That's because the new scene right after that has Hermione piecing together that Snape thinks they were brewing polyjuice potion. In the original edition, Snape says they are brewing poloyjuice potion which would make Hermione's line redundant.

The BEST new scene so far in OOTP was the one of Malfoy and cronies bullying those kids with Umbridge looking on, right before the scene where she invites Malfoy and the others to her inquisitorial squad. Finally, we get a little of that really, really evil, lowlife,awful, petty, scummy side of Umbridge from the book! She basically realizes she can use the school bullies as her personal band of thugs. So evil. Really spices up that montage.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 2:37 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
That's because the new scene right after that has Hermione piecing together that Snape thinks they were brewing polyjuice potion. In the original edition, Snape says they are brewing poloyjuice potion which would make Hermione's line redundant.

The BEST new scene so far in OOTP was the one of Malfoy and cronies bullying those kids with Umbridge looking on, right before the scene where she invites Malfoy and the others to her inquisitorial squad. Finally, we get a little of that really, really evil, lowlife,awful, petty, scummy side of Umbridge from the book! She basically realizes she can use the school bullies as her personal band of thugs. So evil. Really spices up that montage.
I also think the part where Nagini attacks Mr Weasley was extended a bit.

Maybe we'll see Snape's worst memory extended! That would be amazing! Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Also, there was a small bit where Snape was pulling Harry down the stairs towards the dungeons.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 2:48 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley9 View Post
I also think the part where Nagini attacks Mr Weasley was extended a bit.

Maybe we'll see Snape's worst memory extended! That would be amazing! Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Also, there was a small bit where Snape was pulling Harry down the stairs towards the dungeons.
Really? I didn't notice anything different about nagini attacking Arthur...

Snape pulling Harry down the stairs was in the original film.

Nyjets4004, I'll post all the new scenes when the movie is over.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 2:50 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Really? I didn't notice anything different about nagini attacking Arthur...

Snape pulling Harry down the stairs was in the original film.

Nyjets4004, I'll post all the new scenes when the movie is over.
Really? Then again, it has been a while since I've seen the film.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 2:52 am
Third Year

This might be of subject but since were talking about the abc family movies of harry potter, and im watching it now im gonna post my favorite quote...

Theres a storm comin harry, and we'll all best be ready for when she does.

I think i saw one of the deleted scenes, its when their all getting punished and their forced to right with umbridges evil pens.

Harry, you wonderful boy, you brave, brave man.
R.I.P.

Their daring, nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart.
Proud Gryffindor

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies