Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Way Ahead for Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v.5

View Poll Results: What would you like to see in the movie adaptation of the final confrontation?
Strictly canon for me, please. It was perfect as it was written. 47 22.82%
Mostly canon, but a few changes here and there are fine as long as they are small. 103 50.00%
As long as the emotion remains true to the book I'll be happy. 78 37.86%
They can change whatever they want and I'll still be happy. 4 1.94%
I was disappointed in the book ending so I hope it's really different. 11 5.34%
I don't care what they do, it's going to be awesome! 20 9.71%
I don't care what they do, I think I'll hate it. 1 0.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:06 am
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

Way Ahead for Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v.5

So...we've had the trailer. On with the posting, but please remember to keep the chat out! Posts that are just chatty will be deleted. ^_^

Want to chat? Go here

Version four can be found here.

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Last edited by lilyrose; June 29th, 2010 at 12:52 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:14 am
Fourth Year

Re: Way Ahead for Deathly Hallows Movie(s) v.5

One more thing I noticed is that at 0:53 right as Voldemort casts the Killing Curse you can see Bellatrix aiming her wand at Harry. Maybe she says something like, "What are you playing at, little boy?" and jumps out at him before Voldemort calms her down. Thoughts, everyone?

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:16 am
Secret Keeper

Ugh, I had the post all ready to go and then "sorry, this thread is not accepting posts anymore" or something that...had to copy and paste the links all over. Anyways, NOW here's my last screencap posting for the night

DH Screencaps Post 5:    

Previous Posts

Post 4 Screencaps- http://www.cosforums.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1555

Post 3 Screencaps- http://www.cosforums.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1510

Post 2 Screencaps- http://www.cosforums.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1477

Post 1 Screencaps- http://www.cosforums.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1461

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:35 am
Second Year

Well I've watched it a fair few times now and you can't help being in awe by it.

I think watching the sneak peeks of the previous films, then watching the DH trailer just shows how much the series has grown.

I think where all the Death Eaters are all together could be just after Voldy has performed Avada and he's told Narcissa to see if he's dead.

And to think there was no actual footage of Umbridge and the Ministry Infiltration in there!

Gonna be a LONG 5 months.....

GO CHECK IT OUT!!!
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:40 am
Second Year

I nearly cried at happiness at that trailer. How amazing was it oh my god.

1:49, isn't that the ministry infiltration? Or have I got it completely wrong.

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:42 am
Fourth Year

Thanks, lc. You're a trooper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugniD View Post
Well I've watched it a fair few times now and you can't help being in awe by it.

I think watching the sneak peeks of the previous films, then watching the DH trailer just shows how much the series has grown.

I think where all the Death Eaters are all together could be just after Voldy has performed Avada and he's told Narcissa to see if he's dead.

And to think there was no actual footage of Umbridge and the Ministry Infiltration in there!

Gonna be a LONG 5 months.....
I don't think that Voldemort and Death Eaters shot is in the forest, sugni. You can see the sky quite clearly. One thing I do notice about that shot however, is that Voldemort is almost rubbing his wand. This movement brought the object to my attention. There appears to be no bone handle. At this point Voldemort has the Elder Wand.

There was only a tiny bit of Ministry infiltration footage in there. One or two quick glimpses of Ron were seen. However, you're right - for the most part that sequence is yet to be showed off. It just goes to show that people need to stop complaining about being spoiled. There is still so, so much we haven't seen.

EDIT: Willz has one of those shots. Thanks for the timestamp.

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:45 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willz View Post
I nearly cried at happiness at that trailer. How amazing was it oh my god.

1:49, isn't that the ministry infiltration? Or have I got it completely wrong.
Yeah, that's the ministry heist. Right after that is the Nagini attack.

Old memories seldom fade
And bad habits die hard...
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:48 am
Fifth Year

The part with the trio near a river during sunset. IF that is the scene after Gringotts, then it's absolutely perfect. The atmosphere is almost exactly the same as the US book cover.

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:49 am
First Year

Yups, there are 2 Ministry Infiltration scenes, but they whizz pass quite fast. One thing I believe they were during with this trailer is show how much the Harry Potter series have changed. They also want to get people excited, and one way to do that would be to show new set pieces, and new locations. Filmgoers have seen quite alot of the Ministry in OOTP, and the scenes in the trailer pass so fast that only the scenery will register in viewer's mind. Thus, less of the Ministry will be shown, in favour of the newer places like Bathilda's House or the gorgeous scenery in the camping scenes.

EDIT: Oops someone posted before me! BTW, the only scene I do not want to see is King's Cross. It needs to be a surprise. A scenery shot may be good, but definitely no Dumbledore/Harry inside.

Last edited by JustMeWayne; June 29th, 2010 at 10:50 am. Reason: EDIT
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:53 am
Second Year

Ron fleeing of Yaxley part: you can clearly see Ministry 'policemen' controlling the crowd in the background. And you can see a long, stone colum in the background, probably the 'Magic is Might' statue.

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:54 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiHPFan View Post
The part with the trio near a river during sunset. IF that is the scene after Gringotts, then it's absolutely perfect. The atmosphere is almost exactly the same as the US book cover.
In the book they jump off the dragon and fall into a lake. The US book cover is almost twenty-four hours after this takes place. I think that shot of the trio walking is simply them traveling the countryside.

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:55 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActingDude17 View Post
Thanks, lc. You're a trooper.

I don't think that Voldemort and Death Eaters shot is in the forest, sugnid. You can see the sky quite clearly. One thing I do notice about that shot however, is that Voldemort is almost rubbing his wand. This movement brought the object to my attention. There appears to be no bone handle. At this point Voldemort has the Elder Wand.

There was only a tiny bit of Ministry infiltration footage in there. One or two quick glimpses of Ron were seen. However, you're right - for the most part that sequence is yet to be showed off. It just goes to show that people need to stop complaining about being spoiled. There is still so, so much we haven't seen.
My mistake, I do apologise. good spot with the bone off the handle as well - maybe that has some sort of significance towards Dumbledore perhaps.

Yeah there are brief glimpses of the Ministry but nothing major to note and I'm very glad of that. Can't wait to see those Dementors again!

GO CHECK IT OUT!!!
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:57 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
In the book they jump off the dragon and fall into a lake. The US book cover is almost twenty-four hours after this takes place. I think that shot of the trio walking is simply them traveling the countryside.
I mean the cover with the trio riding the dragon during sunset

Old June 29th, 2010, 10:59 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
I think ThaiHPFan was referring to the deluxe US cover, with the dragon on it

Edit:

^

I have to say that I am still odd about this trailer. I'm not filled with the drive to analysis the screencaps to pieces, I'm just really emotional over it. I think the music was part of it - that was very strong, especially when they had those titles about the worldwide phenomena of a generation ending

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:07 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
I'm just really emotional over it. I think the music was part of it - that was very strong, especially when they had those titles about the worldwide phenomena of a generation ending
That's the thing that hit home with me as well. I think people forget that outside of these forums that HP is a global phenomenon. We are very lucky and fortunate to have been part of it.

It will be a bittersweet moment walking into the Cinema for Part 2 next year that's for sure.

GO CHECK IT OUT!!!
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:27 am
Fourth Year

I saw the trailer on the news a second ago. they destroyed it by cutting out all the title cards and several shots and with terrible quality. it angers me.

‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Pottermore Username: HallowSkull189
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:28 am
First Year

The small clip of Nagini attacking Harry in what is presumably Godric's Hollow seems a bit... more normal than what I expected. It looks too well lit and clean or something - for some reason I imagined the house/scene to be in smoky, dark, dingy light.

Old June 29th, 2010, 11:28 am
Third Year

Quote:
One more thing I noticed is that at 0:53 right as Voldemort casts the Killing Curse you can see Bellatrix aiming her wand at Harry. Maybe she says something like, "What are you playing at, little boy?" and jumps out at him before Voldemort calms her down. Thoughts, everyone?
Or taunting him, thats very much Bellatrix's style

CONSTANT VIGILANCE,If It Has To Come To Force,Then It Will
You Have To Be Prepared For What Your Up Against!!
What Are Your Strengths?
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:44 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephania View Post
The small clip of Nagini attacking Harry in what is presumably Godric's Hollow seems a bit... more normal than what I expected. It looks too well lit and clean or something - for some reason I imagined the house/scene to be in smoky, dark, dingy light.
That's what I thought. It looks like a kids room with sun shining through but I expected it to be extremely dark with candles providing the only light and piles of clothes on the floor.

Still, Nagini looks so cool!

Old June 29th, 2010, 12:02 pm
Fifth Year

I agree about the Nagini attack. I was actually shocked when I saw that scene because it was so bright and clean, yet something so bad is happening. It's actually creepier than I imagined when reading the book because Nagini looks so out of place. I wonder if they made the setting like that so the audience would not anticipate something happening. That's like the last place you expect to see a giant snake.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References