Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

The Deathly Hallows Movie(s): News (with Spoilers) v.4

View Poll Results: Are you going to a midnight showing of Deathly Hallows Part One?
Yes, I already have my ticket! 34 22.22%
Yes, but I don't have my ticket yet. 30 19.61%
I hope to do so, but am not sure yet. 18 11.76%
No, I'm not interested in midnight showings. 18 11.76%
No theaters near me offer midnight showings, but if they did I would go. 20 13.07%
No theater near me offers midnight showings, but I wouldn't go to one regardless. 5 3.27%
No, for some other reason...mumble mumble...oh look, a pony! 28 18.30%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 27th, 2010, 8:01 am
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

The Deathly Hallows Movie(s): News (with Spoilers) v.4

My goodness, I started version three twelve days ago, and you lot are already due for a new one.

Version one
Version two
Version three

Be aware: The purpose of this thread is to discuss any movie news coming from official sources only. You can discuss the movie plot based on the information we have so far. If you don't want to be spoiled, this isn't the thread for you.

Examples of things you may link to or discuss:
  • official trailers or TV spots, such as those released on WB's official youtube account - NO ILLEGAL LINKS
  • leaked photos, but please no hotlinking
  • leaked scripts, but please take them with a grain of salt as no leaks are guaranteed genuine

Please put big stills/promotional material under expanded tags.
They look like this: [expand=Subject line]Pictures go here.[/expand]

Any questions about the running of the thread, also known as thread logistics, should go via owl to the mods.

Be polite to each other, respect each others opinions and please remember that we do not allow chatting in the thread (chat posts will be deleted).
Chatting can be done here: Pitchside: Halftime Chat v14

Let's try and keep this shiny new thread on topic, yes? The last one was veering quite off...

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2010, 9:21 am
First Year

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s): News (with Spoilers) v.4

I'd love to go to a midnight showing (and still might)... but the wife doubts her ability to start a film that late and stay awake for it.

She's the one who got me into HP... darnit!!!

All liklihood is that we'll go, with our son, on that Friday or Saturday.

The anticipation will KILL me.

Old October 27th, 2010, 10:51 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapesandarrows View Post
I'd love to go to a midnight showing (and still might)... but the wife doubts her ability to start a film that late and stay awake for it.

She's the one who got me into HP... darnit!!!

All liklihood is that we'll go, with our son, on that Friday or Saturday.

The anticipation will KILL me.
Suggest to your wife that she take a nap that day - I always do! Actually my husband never wants to go to midnight showings, so I have taken the kids before by myself. I highly recommend it. There's nothing as exciting as the crowd at a midnight showing when people are in costume and cheering during the movie. And we only two more chances to have that experience (until they film another version which could be years from now).

For HBP, the kids and I went to the midnight showing, then the next morning I talked my husband into going back to see it at a 10 a.m. matinee! Lucky for me he goes along with my obsessions.

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:59 am
Secret Keeper

I've found I like midnight showings cause you're not as likely to be watching the film with annoying kids, crying babies (yes, there are some dumb parents who bring kids this young, there was one that cried throughout OotP and it really disrupted my viewing experience ), etc.

When I went to the midnight release for HBP it was primarily just high school and college age audience and I didn't see anyone under say 12 or over 30. It was quite awesome too because everyone was so energetic...there was chants and cheers and stuff going on while we waiting for the movie to start...I thought I was at a softball game or something And yeah, when I plan to see a midnight showing I do take a nap beforehand so I don't fall asleep! I've been known to fall asleep during many films, though I doubt a Harry Potter one could do that...

EDIT:

Oh, and during the movie the atmosphere is better cause the audience is more interested in what's on the screen and tend to react more.

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; October 27th, 2010 at 11:11 am.
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:32 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
I've found I like midnight showings cause you're not as likely to be watching the film with annoying kids, crying babies (yes, there are some dumb parents who bring kids this young, there was one that cried throughout OotP and it really disrupted my viewing experience ), etc.
Too bad these are classified as children's books, huh? Too bad about the crying baby but sometimes it's hard to get a baby sitter at midnight, so babies have to go where the rest of the kids go.

I've always taken my three kids to the midnight showings. It's been my experience that kids have less trouble staying awake than adults.

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:57 am
Fifth Year

I wish I could go to a midnight showing, but alas, I do have school the following day. I have made plans, however, to see the film the following morning with a few of my friends.

Old October 27th, 2010, 12:03 pm
Sixth Year

I just got my tickets on Monday! My theater is having a special event for it too. For $25 bucks, I get reserved seating, free small popcorn, BUTTERBEER, and access to a special VIP section called the "Leaky Cauldron", and there will be activities and games.

Oh, and I am going as Fenrir Greyback :O .

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Old October 27th, 2010, 12:35 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley9
So, remember that chase scene from the HBP DVD sneak peak (feels so weird thinking about it!) where it was just Harry and Ron? Do we know what that is now? I remember people were thinking that they're looking for food.
I still think that they are looking for food like you said. We now know that bit is from earlier the same day that Ron leaves. Maybe they aren't able to catch anything.

Old October 27th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Third Year

The last thread ended on the discussion of "Exodus" in the soundtrack. Well...I have been wondering of a certain shot we saw on one of the featurettes, I think it was "On The Run", where we see Hermione watching a group of people slowly walking through the forest.

Perhaps they are muggleborns or such, in exodus because of the Ministry?

Old October 27th, 2010, 12:58 pm
Fifth Year

Does anybody else think that the music from the start of the Yahoo! Movies featurette sounds a lot like Desplat? I'm wondering if they actually put music from the film in this time 'round.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810004780/video/22623620

Anyone else think that is the case?

Old October 27th, 2010, 1:39 pm
Registered Animagus

So I was listening to some of the soundtrack samples, only the first few.

Loved Sky Battle. So awesome! my fave so far.

Also, does "The Burrow" remind anyone else of Goblet of Fire music?

Old October 27th, 2010, 2:05 pm
Seventh Year

Someone suggested that The Exodus will be for when the trio is traversing certain environments, but three doesn't sound like a large number of people to me. I'm guessing that it will involve Muggle-borns on the run from the Ministry...

What I like about The Exodus in particular is that it has a creepy, unsettling edge (obviously, being pursued by Snatchers), but there's something rather sad and mournful about it too (losing all that's dear, not knowing what will happen next, etc).

I Support The Harry Potter Alliance (Potter Pride!)
“I am honoured and humbled that Harry’s name has been given to such an extraordinary campaign, which really does exemplify the values for which Dumbledore’s Army fought in the books."

Last edited by SwedishSkinJer; October 27th, 2010 at 2:12 pm.
Old October 27th, 2010, 2:32 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver ink pot View Post
Too bad these are classified as children's books, huh?
The first 3 are, but there's a noticeable increase in the tone/material from GoF onward to where they're better classified as "young adult"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyesbo View Post
The last thread ended on the discussion of "Exodus" in the soundtrack. Well...I have been wondering of a certain shot we saw on one of the featurettes, I think it was "On The Run", where we see Hermione watching a group of people slowly walking through the forest.

Perhaps they are muggleborns or such, in exodus because of the Ministry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishSkinJer View Post
Someone suggested that The Exodus will be for when the trio is traversing certain environments, but three doesn't sound like a large number of people to me. I'm guessing that it will involve Muggle-borns on the run from the Ministry...

What I like about The Exodus in particular is that it has a creepy, unsettling edge (obviously, being pursued by Snatchers), but there's something rather sad and mournful about it too (losing all that's dear, not knowing what will happen next, etc).
Hmm, could be...interesting interpretations.

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; October 27th, 2010 at 2:38 pm.
Old October 27th, 2010, 2:44 pm
Second Year

The tracks are obviously chronogically listed, so that puts ''The Exodus'' right between the moments Ron leaves and Harry and Hermione visit Godric's Hollow. My suggestion: the travelling scenes.

Exodus means a journey by a group to escape from a hostile environment, which would concern the trio seeking shelter in the countryside. But tracks often play during other (related) sequences as well, so that could mean it is also featured during earlier camping scenes that include Ron.

EDIT: Could there be an option ''No, I don't need to since I'm seeing the movie earlier than the rest of the world?'' in the poll.

Last edited by KJRiddle; October 27th, 2010 at 2:50 pm.
Old October 27th, 2010, 2:49 pm
Seventh Year

Hmm, I suppose that could be the case due to how the track is listed chronologically for the soundtrack, but doesn't an exodus normally refer to not only a departure of a group from a hostile environment, but the departure of a large group, such as the departure of the Israelites from Egypt? Two people traversing an environment doesn't seem like it needs the scale that an exodus implies...

“I am honoured and humbled that Harry’s name has been given to such an extraordinary campaign, which really does exemplify the values for which Dumbledore’s Army fought in the books."
Old October 27th, 2010, 2:58 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Hmm, I suppose that could be the case due to how the track is listed chronologically for the soundtrack, but doesn't an exodus normally refer to not only a departure of a group from a hostile environment, but the departure of a large group, such as the departure of the Israelites from Egypt? Two people traversing an environment doesn't seem like it needs the scale that an exodus implies...
You shouldn't take that too literally. Exodus is just a departure. And it could also mean something symbolic, because these three young adults carry the world's fate, so that makes them quite a group ...

Last edited by KJRiddle; October 27th, 2010 at 3:02 pm.
Old October 27th, 2010, 3:03 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRiddle View Post
You shouldn't take that to literally. Exodus is just a departure. And it could also mean something symbolic, because these three young adults carry the world's fate, so that makes them quite a group ...
Looking at it symbolically, I suppose the stakes of their journey do indeed have the weight of the world behind them. I was simply under the impression that an exodus is normally only applied to a departure that not only carries unimaginable stakes, but also involves a large number of people traveling together, hence the connection to the Muggle-borns in the forest that are supposedly glimpsed in a featurette....

Old October 27th, 2010, 3:05 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Looking at it symbolically, I suppose the stakes of their journey do indeed have the weight of the world behind them. I was simply under the impression that an exodus is normally only applied to a departure that not only carries unimaginable stakes, but also involves a large number of people traveling together, hence the connection to the Muggle-borns in the forest that are supposedly glimpsed in a featurette....
Was thinking about it too, and don't forget the videos people shot in Swinley of self made wooden huts. Muggle-Borns on the run?

Old October 27th, 2010, 3:17 pm
Third Year

I will be buying tickets for the premiere, but I'm not sure if my cinema will have a midnight showing. I can't remember if the previous films had any, but the last premiere I attended was the CoS one anyways.

Old October 27th, 2010, 4:00 pm
Fifth Year

The poll needs another option: I would go if the people I'm going with could go to. The theatres near do have midnight tickets and I would go if I could. The only thing is my sister is in school in a different city so she can't come here for the midnight showing without missing Friday class.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References