Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Your picks for Harry Potter cast members

Old April 18th, 2006, 1:14 am
First Year

Your picks for Harry Potter cast members

I searched for this, so hopefully it's not here yet. But if the entire cast for the Harry Potter movies were to quit tomorrow, and you were picked to select entirely new actors, British or not, who would you pick?

Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2006, 2:37 am
Second Year

Re: Your picks for Harry Potter cast members

I'd get Skandar Keynes for Harry, a new girl for Hermione (who'd be comfortable with the frizzy hair) and probably a new guy for Ron...uhh, and a new guy for Draco too.

I realized it's hard to replace them.

Old April 18th, 2006, 2:50 am

Emma Roberts as Ginny. I don't know why, but I can see that.

For Harry...the guy who plays Jake on "Degrassi: The Next Generation".

I can't see anyone else playing Ron, Hermoine, Snape, Hagrid, Fred, George, or Draco. I really can't see anyone else playing Harry or Ginny. But if I had a vote, if they seriously dropped their status, the above.

Old April 18th, 2006, 2:50 am
Zonko's Employee

I was hoping to get Keanu Reeves as Snape. That would be so funny.

Last edited by 62442al_Man; April 18th, 2006 at 2:59 am.
Old April 18th, 2006, 2:57 am
Second Year

that thread are for uncast parts while this thread is about replacing casted parts. I live in Caly so i dont know too many british sctors or actreses. All i can say is that Linsey Lohan did a pretty good english accent in Parent Trap!!

He was laughing at her. "Come on, you can do better than that!" he yelled, his voice echoing around the cavernous room. The second jet of light hit him squarely on the chest. -OotP
Old April 18th, 2006, 7:22 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62442al_Man
I was hoping to get Keanu Reeves as Snape. That would be so funny.
I giggle everytime I think of Snape saying: "Whoa."

Last edited by Bayou; April 19th, 2006 at 1:46 am.
Old April 20th, 2006, 2:59 am
First Year

I know that no one can do a better job than Richard Harris for Albus Dumbledore, but I saw an actor today that would make for another great Dumbledore.

I was recently watching the movie Narnia. In this movie, James Cosmo plays Father Christmas. If he could keep that same atmosphere I believe he could finish out the Dumbledore character with some real class.

thoughts?

Old April 20th, 2006, 3:20 am
Second Year

Quote:
I was recently watching the movie Narnia. In this movie, James Cosmo plays Father Christmas. If he could keep that same atmosphere I believe he could finish out the Dumbledore character with some real class.
I don't know, i would pick the guy who plays Charlize Theron's dad in The Italian Job, i forgot his name but he would make the perfect Dumbledore.

My sister and I came up with someone who would be the perfect Sirius, but I forgot who it was! I'll post something when i remember who it was.

Edit: Okay, I remembered! His name is Michael Sheen, he played Lucian in Underworld (2003), and amazingly, he's British.

I'm a Harry Potter fan, want to do something about it!?

Last edited by LizetM; April 20th, 2006 at 5:49 am.
Old April 20th, 2006, 3:23 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo14
I know that no one can do a better job than Richard Harris for Albus Dumbledore, but I saw an actor today that would make for another great Dumbledore.

thoughts?
I was thinking the EXACT same thing. FREAKY. James Cosmo definitely had that air of Dumbledore/Gandalf going on for him. Only problem is I don't think he was British, was he? I'll have to go on IMDB.com and check out his profile...

Whoops, nevermind. He's Scottish. He'd be okay for the films.

Last edited by TrixieBella; April 20th, 2006 at 3:26 am.
Old April 20th, 2006, 3:40 am
Fourth Year

Personally, ever since I heard that there were giong to be movies, I've pictured Alec Guiness as Dumbledore. Only one slight drawback: he's been dead since before Movie 1. The best living actor for the role would be either Sean Connery or Ian McKellan.

Whoever plays Darcy in the most recent Pride and Prejudice would be great as Sirius.

The doctor in Master and Commander would be a good Lupin.

For some weird, inexplicable reason, I'd love to see Keira Knightly as Tonks. My favorite actress playing one of my favorite characters. Can't do much better than that.

Ian Holm would be the ideal Flitwick.

"The very essence of romance is uncertainty. If I ever get married, I'll certainly try to forget the fact." -Oscar Wilde, from The Importance of Being Ernest

Proud member of the Sirius is just taking a break/nap/vacation/rest/shopping/oh he is SO not dead club.

Old April 20th, 2006, 9:42 am
Third Year

I wouldn't get new cast members! No one could replace them. That girl from lemony snickets movie could play Hermione.

Potty Maths

Cho+Malfoy=
Ron+Hermione=
Me+Ceddie=

g_i_n_n_y
Old April 20th, 2006, 10:31 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyblue
I'd get Skandar Keynes for Harry,
Great idea, he would be so good.

Old April 22nd, 2006, 7:40 pm
First Year

Funny, 62442al_Man...we're on the same page! I actually made this thread to ask if anyone else thought Keanu Reeves would make a great Snape (or even a younger Keanu Reeves as teen Snape)... But then again, I did a Keanu Reeves Google Image Search and there was this one picture with Keanu's hair being really long and seeing that one, I thought he'd be a perfect Teen Sirius. ^^ Thoughts?

Old April 22nd, 2006, 7:49 pm
Second Year

What about that one girl in chronicles of narnia movie the oldest grl i know it her name isnt susie i think its karan. i think she would play a good lavender or marrieta

He was laughing at her. "Come on, you can do better than that!" he yelled, his voice echoing around the cavernous room. The second jet of light hit him squarely on the chest. -OotP
Old April 22nd, 2006, 9:49 pm
Second Year

Liz Hurley for Bellatrix
Sean Connery for Voldemort
Cirian Hinds for Snape

Sing your life

SUPPORT THE ANTI SPOILER COMMITEE
Old April 23rd, 2006, 6:50 pm
Banned

Well here is my dream harry potter cast list:
Harry Potter - Daniel Radcliffe
Ronald Weasley - Rupert Grint
Hermione Granger - Alexandra Mealand (Me)
Luna Lovegood - shauna Phillips
Romilda Vane - Amy Little
Ginny Weasley - Bonnie Wright

Old April 23rd, 2006, 7:35 pm
Second Year

I really love Gary Sinise (Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump), and I think he will be a great Sirius. His performance in Forrest Gump is simply amazing.

Jim Carrey for Voldemort Or for Lucios Malfoy. He can make a great Dobby, now if I think of it - He did well on 'Liar Liar' acting a guy who simply can't lies (with really funny scenes of fighting himself), And Dobby can't tell bad things on his family...

Old April 24th, 2006, 3:39 am
First Year

I'm liking the idea for Keanu Reeves for Snape - he did play the bad guy in Much Ado about Nothing very convincingly! But i'm not sure I would want to change Alan Rickman though!?

I really thought the guy who played Ollivander would have been a great substitute for Dumbledore, think that was John Hurt??????

xKx

Old April 24th, 2006, 10:01 pm
Second Year

Don't get me wrong, I love David Thewlis as Lupin, but, I was watching "Return of the King" the other day and noticed that the guy who plays Faramir (I think his name is David Wenham) would be a GREAT Lupin. Also, Gerard Butler. In any part would be fine with me!! You know, I think I posted in a thread similar to this before??

"But he understood at last what Dumbledore had been trying to tell him. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high."
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince page 512 U.S.
Old April 24th, 2006, 10:28 pm
First Year

David did do a good job, but wasn't Ewan McGregor also considered to play Lupin? Or was that just a rumor? I have to admit Ewan's not how I pictured Lupin at all, but he's so cute. Or maybe he could've been Sirius. As good an actor as Gary Oldman is, Sirius is supposed to be hot.

I really had my heart set on Anna Friel playing Tonks. I've never seen her in anything, but she said Tonks was her ''dream part'' and she and David Thewlis are married in real life. Sounds to me like she'd have been perfect, but I don't know, I've never seen her work. I also kind of got the idea that Helena Bonham Carter would make a great Bellatrix. Oh, and I wanted Rachel Hurd-Wood to be Luna, just because I liked her in Peter Pan. Evanna looks more like Luna, though, and I know she'll do us proud.

I also would like them to work Freddie Highmore into it somewhere--the boy in Finding Neverland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I don't really know who he could play, but I love that kid; he's got to be one of the most likable kids in Hollywood. The only person I can think of that he could play in future would be young Tom Riddle in HBP, though that would be just too sad (and too Star Wars), for the boy who becomes Voldemort to be all adorable and innocent-looking. If they were just starting making the HP films now, I'd totally want him for Harry. I'm starting to sound like a bit of a pedaphile, though...I just think the kid's a good actor.

Oh, wait, one more! I still think Ian McKellen would be the perfect Dumbledore. Alas, LotR beat us to him and now it'd be typecasting. But his Gandalf was everything I think Dumbledore should be; just the right balance of amiable and powerful. Neither Harris nor Gambon got that balance quite right, I feel; Harris was too sweetly grandfatherly and Gambon too cold and impersonal.

Last edited by Pink_niffler; April 24th, 2006 at 10:54 pm.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References