Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Open Discussion

Old November 19th, 2010, 9:09 am
Fifth Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeyrules View Post
Most people are dissapointed with the harry/Ginny kiss? It cant of been that bad.
Compared with the book it was so lacking in passion.
It was much better than the pathetic HBP one, at least.
I'm sorry to say that the only kiss the screenwriter and Director added passion to was the "figment of Ron's and the Horcrux imagination" one!

Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2010, 9:12 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglepot View Post
Compared with the book it was so lacking in passion.
It was much better than the pathetic HBP one, at least.
I'm sorry to say that the only kiss the screenwriter and Director added passion to was the "figment of Ron's and the Horcrux imagination" one!
Idk, it looked like a pretty deep kiss. It worked for me.

Hissy Hissy Little Snakey
Pottermore:WolfsbaneMarauder33
Wand: Dragon Black Walnut 11 1/2 in. unyielding
Old November 19th, 2010, 9:12 am
Registered Animagus

The whole silvery Harry and Hermione from the locket looked really weird for me. I don't know if i liked that part. The way they were silvery was just very strange. The kiss between them wasn't that long. It was like a couple seconds and then they cut away to Ron and Harry and then they cut back for another couple of seconds and then back to Ron and then Ron runs at them and they show them kissing again as he runs at them destroying the horcrux.

Old November 19th, 2010, 9:15 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
The whole silvery Harry and Hermione from the locket looked really weird for me. I don't know if i liked that part. The way they were silvery was just very strange. The kiss between them wasn't that long. It was like a couple seconds and then they cut away to Ron and Harry and then they cut back for another couple of seconds and then back to Ron and then Ron runs at them and they show them kissing again as he runs at them destroying the horcrux.
Yeah this is the only other part which kind of felt weird to me. I don't know that I like how they portrayed this either.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old November 19th, 2010, 9:17 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglepot View Post
Why is that a thumb's down? It's better played than in the novel and it would set me off if I was in Ron's shoes. I also found it kind of sexy.

Old November 19th, 2010, 9:19 am
First Year

I've just seen it.

It's brilliant! So close to the book, the cinematography, music, art direction , set designs, direction and acting are top notch!

Old November 19th, 2010, 9:20 am
Registered Animagus

It wasn't the kissing either which i thought in the end wasn't that bad though it was definitely sensual. It just looked really strange when the horcrux Harry and Hermione were talking to Ron. It just looked off to me. It was something about them being silvery and i know in the book they looked different, but there was just something there that wasn't right. I can't explain it. The dialogue was good though. It was very like the book.

PS. I think i posted in the wrong thread, so i will just edit this on the end here.

So good movie. I was really worried about the editing, but it was fine. The pacing seemed good even though there are scenes we know were filmed that were cut. There wasn't as many Ron/Hermione moments as i thought there would be. Hermione does run out of the tent after Ron though.

I think i am still processing, but i liked it. It was good.

The whole dancing thing was nothing. I mean if there was anything about it that felt like sexual tension it was Harry pulling Hermione towards the bigger part of the tent where they dance. When Harry starts dancing he is a complete dork about it. There is no other way to explain it then that. It is really like dorky dancing. It is only at the very end that they are close while dancing and Hermione pulls back and sort of stops smiling and walks away.

Godric's hollow was better then i thought it would be. Bathilda was scary. The morphing wasn't shown, but it worked. They did disapparate out the window.

The ministry scenes were funny and yet still very scary. I am surprised no one mentioned that Ron kisses Catermole's wife or rather she kisses him. There was something scary about when the three of them came out of the lift and the polyjuice potion had wore off. They pretty much just had to run for it.

The camping was very short, but like i said the pacing was good which i think is what is important.

I do still hope that we get to see an extended with all of the deleted scenes though. That is all for now.

Old November 19th, 2010, 9:24 am
Second Year

I thought the Horcrux scene worked well. It made it look like a hologram produced the horcrux

and it was really sexy

Hissy Hissy Little Snakey
Pottermore:WolfsbaneMarauder33
Wand: Dragon Black Walnut 11 1/2 in. unyielding

Last edited by jookyle; November 19th, 2010 at 9:28 am.
Old November 19th, 2010, 9:33 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jookyle View Post
I thought the Horcrux scene worked well. It made it look like a hologram produced the horcrux

and it was really sexy
I don't think sexy is the word i would use to describe it. It was sort of when like when someone acts in such a way because they know people are watching them. It was fine though. I didn't really think the kiss was all that bad. People who closed their eyes probably missed the parts where they cut away to Ron and Harry and that is why the kiss seemed so long to them.

Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
I am so giddy and exhilarated and depressed and so many other things right now! What a movie - or part of one!
I mirror this word for word.

I want to back right now and watch it again.(Do theaters do 4am showings? )

What an experience this has been for
us all.
Seventh Year

I don't want to list my problems with this part right now, because I really do love it, and ther is so much to love. The material that works, as is usually the case with this series, works SO, SO well. This is certainly the closest a Harry Potter film has been to its book since CoS, and I am never one to think the movie should replicate the book, but there are many scenes that are exciting in part because they are so close to their book counterparts, with dialogue taken straight out and quite well.

Acting-wise, there was no weak link, there rarely is, but I really think Emma did some outstanding work here. I've always loved her (um...as an actress...too), but this is a huge leap forward; Part 1 is basically hers.

Old November 19th, 2010, 9:34 am
Third Year

Well, I just got back! Fourteen theaters all playing HP! It was quite the event. I wanted to jump in here and post my thoughts before hitting the hay (as I have to get up and teach a bunch of high schoolers tomorrow)!

THINGS I LOVED
- The opening montage with the trio, especially Hermione's obliviate scene. Seeing her fade from the pictures was heartwrenching

- Snape at Malfoy Manor when he looks at Charity. Never has so much been said without saying a word.

- Draco wincing when Charity Burbage is killed. I thought Tom was excellent in the few scenes he had. You definitely get the desperation of the Malfoy family acting as puppets for Voldemort.

- Harry in the cupboard under the stairs! The flashback to the toys he was playing with in the 1st movie was totally unexpected and a really nice touch.

- Hedwig's death. The screech she gave and then watching her fall to the ground...the eyes got a little misty. I just remembered reading the book for the first time and when Hedwig died it was the realization moment that anyone was fair game. I think a lot of "movie only" watchers in the theater had that moment. Well done. They gave her a proper sendoff. I didn't mind - and actually quite liked - the change that it was Hedwig returning to Harry that tipped off the Death Eaters. Explaining Expelliarmus would have required more time.

- The piano playing scene between Ron and Hermione was a nice little touch

- Kreacher and Dobby returning with Mundungus!

- Harry at his parents grave was very sobering and well done.

- Bathilda was so creepy!!!

- The Silver doe scene was excellent. I liked that you couldn't tell who it was that was rescuing him at first! RiddleHarry and RiddleHermione were well done and looked slightly supernatural. Didn't mind the infamous kiss (though I didn't see the need for nudity, it would have been just as disturbing without).

- Ron telling the story of his return and the little ball of light.

- The dance scene! After all the talk, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I could have done without the long lingering pauses at the beginning and end, but I thought it was very clearly a platonic thing. I thought Emma played her part well, she was reluctant to dance and very slow to smile. Harry got her smiling for a brief moment and then it was back to being miserable. Harry was also so awesomely dorky. It was perfect in my book (and a lovely addition) and if anything, it solidified to me that he heart really lies with Ron. Harry gave her a temporary reason to smile, but it quickly faded.

- Xenophilius was excellent! His desperation was awesome. My heart really broke for the guy.

- Three Brothers was awesome! I adored the animation and Emma's narration.

- Dobby's return (and demise)! Everyone cheered when he reappeared and you could hear so many sniffles all around the theater at Shell Cottage.

- Epic ending! (though I have to say I'm glad I knew where it ended)

THINGS THAT WERE "MEH"
(I say "meh" 'cos there's truly nothing I think I could ever hate in these films. I was disappointed at a few choices in the script, but that was really all.)

- Okay, I know it's minor, but Bellatrix's hair is a little much.

- The Harry/Ginny kiss. That's it? That's the kiss to remember her by?

- Dragging out Ron and Mrs. Cattermole. Really? When Undesirable #1 is standing in the middle of the Atrium you're all just going to stand there? I really wish they had played up Ron's empathy and not so much the comic standpoint. I remember being really touched in the books at how worried he was for them.

- To me one of the most effective lines in the book that was just gut wrenching to read was: "I get it. You choose him." To me that just shows what a long-standing fear of Ron's that has always been. "I get it. I saw you two last night" plays out like a teenage soap opera and it actually got a lot of snickers in the theater. To me that moment should be just gut wrenching and, I know it seems minor, but changing "You choose him" to "I saw you two last night" was actually one of my biggest beefs with the film. It just did not pack the same emotional punch. I don't think I wouldn't have minded so much if they hadn't stuck so closely with all the other dialogue. I saw absolutely no need to change this!!

- The Harry/Ron conversation after Ron destroys the Horcrux. I really loved that scene and bit of dialogue where they're both really uncomfortable and don't know what to say and then Harry blurts out that she cried for days after he left and that he's always loved her like a sister and thought Ron knew. Ron's line about only having three to go...meh. Did not even laugh at it. I really wish he and Harry had had a bit of dialogue there, or that Harry had at least said something or acknowledged what came out of the locket.

- I did not like the Snatchers scene and I was really looking forward to it. The shaky camera work was just too much for me and after a while I had to look away. We didn't even get that many shots of the trio running.

- Malfoy Manor. One of the scenes I was most looking forward to and it did not have the same despair at all that the book has. There should be a feeling of hopelesness and it just felt very hurried and it didn't feel that dire at all. Hermione's screams were chilling, but I wish they'd drawn it out more (gosh, I'm morbid) and we'd seen or heard Ron screaming for her. I wish there had been more conversation in the cellar Luna. Just far too rushed in my opinion.

FUNNIEST LINE

- The cafe scene when Hermione orders a cappucino and Ron just replies "what she's having". I loved it

"We spent time here, we made friends here. That’s a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, it’s bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after we’re gone. Maybe we’ll see our kids go here.
That’s the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long you’re away from it, there’s always a way back."

Last edited by MsBinns; November 19th, 2010 at 9:57 am.
Old November 19th, 2010, 9:40 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
Heh, but it's also the most not awkward, decent passionate kiss of Dan's.

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old November 19th, 2010, 9:47 am
Registered Animagus

I don't know. I actually haven't minded any of the Harry kisses in any of the films. I think they have all worked for me. I don't think that any of them have been better then the book, but they have still worked for me.

Old November 19th, 2010, 9:48 am
Third Year

I posted in the wrong thread, so here's a repost of what I said:

I just saw it. I am...kind of disappointed! I was expecting to love it, because I always love the films and I'm not nitpicky about what they cut out.

It's probably a really good movie and I'm just still absorbing it, but I felt like a lot of the heart was cut out of it. Okay, maybe I'm just disappointed about the post-horcrux destruction scene. They really went all out and made this humongous Voldemort face telling Ron basically what's in the book, and then this absolutely SHOCKING vision of Harry and Hermione making out, and after all that and after Ron stabs it, him and Harry just sit down and Ron says "Well...3 more to go!" I almost cried, I was so disappointed with how they handled that. We just experienced this very intense, emotional, disturbing scene, and it was just revealed that Ron believes and fears that Harry and Hermione are together. I felt like Harry NEEDED to say something in that moment, it was absolutely necessary, but instead they just cut the tension with humor.

Which made me realize that they used humor rather inappropriately in several places in this film. The first was the part I just mentioned, the second, when Harry and Ron are in the basement at Malfoy Manor and they hear Hermione absolutely shrieking in pain, just as they begin to react to it, Luna appears, then Dobby, Dobby says something funny ("I really like her!") and everyone laughs. It cut the tension but it NEEDED the tension not to be cut in order for the scene to be fully effective! I didn't want to laugh right there!

As for the dance...well you might be surprised but I hated it. I've spent quite some time reassuring some people here that I'm sure it'll be just a friendship dance with no sexual tension but...the second it started, I was so shocked. It starts with Harry looking up at Hermione sitting there sulking, and he gets a look in his eye, like he's just got an idea. What bothers me is that the look is the SAME look he gives Ginny when he's zipping up her dress! It was like he was getting ready to go try and flirt! Then he puts out his hands, Hermione stands up. The way he removes the locket from around her neck was, I thought, rather sensual!! Once he starts dancing like a loser, it was fine (except that his sweater was horrible lol) and then it wasn't sensual but I still couldn't help interpreting it as flirtation. Strangely, at the end when they hold each other close, I finally felt like it was just friendship! I am so confused right now lol maybe I need to sleep on it.

decarus, I agree with almost everything you say. I was surprised no one mentioned Ron kissing Mrs. Cattermole, and I so agree, the moment when the elevator stops and they've turned back into themselves, I nearly peed my pants it was so terrifying. The scene in Bathilda's home was VERY scary, very good, but once they disapparate it's kind of confusing as to what happens. It's suddenly daytime and Hermione asks Harry if he's feeling better. What? When was he not feeling well? They didn't show him pass out and have a vision or anything so it made no sense.

I totally don't get what the critics were talking about when they complained about the slow pacing of the camping scenes. It was PERFECT. In fact, it was slightly fast-paced. The unrewarding ending was fine too, as it IS the end of Part 1 of a two-parter, and it ends on a moment of "OMG the world is going to end now, that's it, Voldemort's got the Elder wand!" Very good choice of ending, IMO.

Whatever, the movie was fine. I'm just so, SO disappointed about how Harry and Ron didn't talk after the locket destruction. They just needed to talk, they really needed to, and Harry needed to tell Ron that what he feared wasn't true. Would that be so difficult to keep in?

Old November 19th, 2010, 9:50 am
Second Year

I could go ahead and list things I felt rather undesirable in this film, or even stick on the brighter side and stick with the things that stuck out to me. However, I still cannot come to terms with how captivated I felt with the characters themselves. It's like the actors really were their characters. By the end of the film I was emotionally vested in what was going on, it was hard to think of any specifics, good, bad, or mediocre.

I absolutely loved this film. I don't want this to end...

What an experience this has been for
us all.
Old November 19th, 2010, 9:55 am
Secret Keeper

I definitely agree with all of the above about Emma, while I've always thought she was decent, like Felton last movie, she really shined in this one. And Rupert is finally not chiefly for comic relief. Radcliffe is ok but I think he needs to
Start upping his game to match them now

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old November 19th, 2010, 10:02 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunky_monkey View Post
Okay, maybe I'm just disappointed about the post-horcrux destruction scene. They really went all out and made this humongous Voldemort face telling Ron basically what's in the book, and then this absolutely SHOCKING vision of Harry and Hermione making out, and after all that and after Ron stabs it, him and Harry just sit down and Ron says "Well...3 more to go!" I almost cried, I was so disappointed with how they handled that. We just experienced this very intense, emotional, disturbing scene, and it was just revealed that Ron believes and fears that Harry and Hermione are together. I felt like Harry NEEDED to say something in that moment, it was absolutely necessary, but instead they just cut the tension with humor.

EXACTLY THIS!

My only hope is that it was a rather quick cut from them on the ground to their backs when Ron says "three to go" so perhaps there is a scene in there. I was so disappointed with both that and leaving out the "you choose him" line. Yes, the RiddleHarry RiddleHermione showed that, but I thought it needed to be said.

"We spent time here, we made friends here. That’s a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, it’s bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after we’re gone. Maybe we’ll see our kids go here.
That’s the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long you’re away from it, there’s always a way back."
Old November 19th, 2010, 10:06 am
Third Year

Okay, I just got back...and I must say it was AMAZING!!! yes, somethings could have been different, but I think we have to accept what they give us and be thankful...

anyways,

I was one of the biggest opponents of the H/Hr dance...and I must say it really was NOT that big of a deal...maybe I just built it up in my head that it was this romantic thing, but it wasnt.

The horocrux scene was great, would have liked something between ron and harry.

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the ONE scene that snape was in...and you totally heard him say expecto patroum

This was emma watson's movie, she owned every scene she was in

loved the r/hr moments (the piano, the splinching, her taking off harry's glasses when he turns back to himself after the 7 potters)

the ministry scene was great....

BUT, I HATED that grindelwald told voldie where the wand was!!!!!

But overall it was great...and perhaps, the best part about tonight, and excuse me about being sentimental, was sitting in the movies for three hours prior to the movie, laughing and talking with friends, and then throughout the whole movie making gasps with each other and laughing with each other...those is the moments that I will never forget <3 <3 <3

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together...there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...I'll always be with you.”

“Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known."

"Whether you come back by page or by screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."
- J.K. Rowling

TrueLove...ForbiddenLove
Old November 19th, 2010, 10:11 am
Secret Keeper

My ridiculously long and sleep deprived review

Mixed reactions for me.

First and foremost, music. Was. Awful. THERE WASN'T MUSIC in half of the tense scenes and when there was, it wasn't that great. I get easily influence by music and if I'm not crying at certain scenes, they're not doing it right. I want John Williams back . I mean, the last few scores weren't great either, but I felt like it was far more important to have music in this movie, where there's a lot less action, at least for part 1, and music is really a great way to make up for it, especially when done right, which I don't think it was

The Hermione obliviating her parents scene was I think one of the few scenes I will ever applaud the moviemakers for adding something that wasn't in the book. It was just so powerful and it was definitely a good choice to make that the opening scene. I understand why the book wouldn't include it, but to have it in the movie really added something to this that the rest of the scenes didn't have.

I only just realized that Ralph Fiennes is a rather soft spoken Voldemort, I'm a bit bothered by it, but it really is kind of how Voldemort is in the book, but he seemed a lot more high energy in the last movies, but I still think he's the perfect choice for Voldy. Hated the lack of blood feud stuff by the way, wasn't really emphasized enough in the movie to me, but I think the Nagini snake strike was a bit overdone, though kind of cool looking. Alan Rickman for some reason seemed to have a bit more of a personality that was not drab and drawling this movie, which I wish he would've shown in HBP, but this works too

The Seven Potters scene was absolutely perfect, loved every moment in it, and while Harry in a bra scared me a bit, it was pretty funny, but in a good way that didn't interfere too much with the movie.

Then the chase scene made me want to strangle some of the directors. Confusing and all, and it was tense, but the fact that they went into Muggle traffic and had Harry freaking run on top of a bus for a few steps was just so ridiculous. I kind of liked Hedwig's death a bit more in the movie, but not by much, but I thought it was pretty stupid when Harry said "Hedwig was trying to protect me"

The scene right after when they're going to the Burrow. I can't say I liked it, but I completely understand why they didn't do the complicated going to various houses and then coming to the Burrow thing, since it would've just been so time consuming and probably a bit tedious. Yay for "I'm holey" by the way .

I didn't like how there was so little "time at the Weasley's" scenes. While we wouldn't have needed much, I feel like the whole Hermione telling them how to destroy Horcruxes was pretty important and should NOT have been introduced so far into the movie, and so slowly too, way too slowly to the point that it would be way to hard to follow at times.

I was kind of disappointed that Harry's birthday wasn't included, but I got over it quickly. I'm a lot more peeved about Bill and Fleur's wedding. I hated how Bill wasn't even included in the past movies and while it was a less than average introduction, it worked, kind of, but I hated how the really important part of the wedding, AKA the conversation between Doge and Muriel, was toned down so much. By the way, I was also annoyed about the Daily Prophet articles, at least a few headlines or a few quotes from it would've been nice, and while I could understand them not wanting to, they could've easily mentioned it in the actual conversation, where we get most of our information anyways, and a pretty important theme in the book, Harry not getting to know Dumbly before he died.

After that, was them running away, and I'm not sure if it's me being tired or something else, but I don't remember them saying Voldemort's name when the Death Eaters came, but I cold be wrong, but it was fairly well done, but the woman with the headphones bothered me, and the obliviate helped sort of flash back to the really powerful Hermione scene, which I liked.

The lack of emotion in Kreacher's Tale just killed me inside, so did the lack of Lily's letter. Again, the lack of any mystery about Albus Dumbledore was annoying. But at least they conveyed the RAB message, but at the same time, Kreacher should've been bawling and extremely emotional and there was no connection between Kreacher and Harry AT ALL. I'm a bit split about how much I care about Dobby being there, I LOVE Dobby, but it wasn't canon, which always bothers me, but I guess it worked.

Then there was the Ministry scene. Way too much humor in it for me. Not badly done, but if I were Ministry wizards, I would've suspected something being wrong a LONG time before they got caught. He didn't take Moody's eye off, grr, but the Dementers were nice and scary. By the way, I've always loved them, they are just so well done.

On the run was decent. I don't like them much in the books anyways, so I like how the movie didn't spend too much time on them, and while I might've liked a brief montage, the movies wouldn't really fit that. After Ron left though, WHAT THE HECK WAS WITH THAT STUPID DANCE SCENE?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!??!!?!?!?!?? !?!?!?!!?!?!

Godric's Hollow, extremely annoyed that they didn't apparate at least with the Polyjuice. I can understand why not under the cloak, wouldn't look great, but at least the Polyjuice right? Bathilda was nicely played though, the scene was well done and I think it really helped me with visualization of it, but i don't think the Harry's wand snapping was played up enough.

The near drowning of Harry was well done, but the stabbing of the horcrux was SO overdone

By the way, am I the only who noticed but Daniel Radcliffe always has awkward onscreen kisses, except the one with Emma, . Grr at no teenage Riddle by the way, too much snake face.

On to the next scene, this was the one scene I was actually really annoyed at Emma and the directors. there could've been SO MUCH MORE POTENTIAL and so much more emotion, but it was downplayed so much. But no, it was barely a reprimand in terms of the books.

Tale of the Three Brothers , I'm almost sure it's word for word from the text . I'm so proud of them for this.

However, I was sad that there wasn't Luna's ceiling painting of her friends , I've always wanted to see that.

NO POTTERWATCH GRRRRRRRR. There were so much radio stuff, they couldn't have just fit in a little bit of Potterwatch?

The Snatchers were ok, by the way, bravo for Carter, phenomenal job. I expected Tom Felton to be better because of how great he was last movie, but he was still really good. And I cried at Dobby's murder because I was expecting it but again, not during his burial which the music just wasn't emotional enough at

The breaking of Dumbledore's tomb was just amazing, Again, love Fiennes

I think I'm actually happy with how it ended too, decent stopping point.

Other comments:

The Harry seeing Voldy's thoughts scenes were just too hectic. I've read the books and I had no idea what half of them were. Could've been cleaned up a lot more.

Special effects were a lot better this time. Different application, but Dobby and Kreacher were better done than in past movies, almost too realistic

Actors have gotten so much better, except for Scrimgeor, who I hated. I've always imagined Scrimgeor to be so much more energized and maybe with a tad of Mad Eye, but he just seemed....old.

Final Thoughts

Well done, not perfect, but well done, and if they get better music, I'll be excited for part 2. I'm so glad they split it up, this has probably been one of the best renditions and faithful to the book of the movies, besides the first few which were easier because the original books were shorter.

My Deviantart Account

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References