Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Open Discussion

Old November 30th, 2010, 2:02 am
Registered Animagus

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
I think she just says before Dobby's death, not right before.
It was probably like how people speculated... right when the Snatchers captured them.

Old November 30th, 2010, 2:36 am
First Year

I thought that Hermione had only told Ron and Harry about modifiying her parent's memories? She told them at the Burrow, while everything was being packed, unless I read the book wrong.

Old November 30th, 2010, 2:39 am
First Year

they actually didnt show the part where dudley was actually super sweet to harry when they were leaving. plus they didnt exactly say in the bok that the wedding was on harry's birthday. what i thought was creepy times 10 was using bill nighly as the minister. he was scary times a hundred in the underworld trilogoy and in 2 and 3 of POC. plus in the book when the minister came to harry, ron and hermoine for the reading of dumbledor's will percy came as well. though i agree with fred, george, and ron that percy is a git and prat.

Old November 30th, 2010, 2:40 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty25478 View Post
I thought that Hermione had only told Ron and Harry about modifiying her parent's memories? She told them at the Burrow, while everything was being packed, unless I read the book wrong.
She did. We only saw her telling Harry in the book though. I'm pretty sure Ron already knew.

Old November 30th, 2010, 2:42 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty25478 View Post
You talking about the fact that they showed it in the movie? It was a scene written by Kloves for the movie. I really liked it. It's a lot more emotional than just a story, and it was brilliant.

princesseliza46, the Dudley and Harry scene will be one of the Deleted scenes on the DVD/Blu Ray.

Old November 30th, 2010, 2:46 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin6 View Post
Splitting is definitely about making money, but there is also no way to tell the whole story in one movie without it either being super long, or leaving out a ton to make it shorter. Most people aren't going to sit in the theatres for 3 or 4 hours to watch a movie, so the easiest thing to do was split it, so they could actually tell the story properly.
i have to agree. i mean the book is what almost 900 pages. it took me two weeks just to finish reading it with interruptions, like doing chores and stuff like that. jeesh. anyway, i think it mite be exciting to make the final harry potter like they have. because j. k. rowling told them to do it this way. she said it's her baby and that's the way she wants it. adfoot:

Old November 30th, 2010, 2:48 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesseliza46 View Post
i have to agree. i mean the book is what almost 900 pages. it took me two weeks just to finish reading it with interruptions, like doing chores and stuff like that. jeesh. anyway, i think it mite be exciting to make the final harry potter like they have. because j. k. rowling told them to do it this way. she said it's her baby and that's the way she wants it. adfoot:
JKR told them to split it?

Old November 30th, 2010, 3:00 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin6 View Post
JKR told them to split it?
yes. my mom told me and my siblings. my mom read an article about and that is how the movie is being split. because she wants every well almost every nitty gritty detail.

Old November 30th, 2010, 3:01 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
plus in the book when the minister came to harry, ron and hermoine for the reading of dumbledor's will percy came as well. though i agree with fred, george, and ron that percy is a git and prat.
No, he didn't. That happened in the 6th book during Christmas, but in the 7th book Percy did not accompany Scrimgeour to the Burrow when he went to deliver the contents of the Will.

Proud Ravenclaw!

*No idea who made my avatar, but credit goes to whoever out there on the internet made it!
Old November 30th, 2010, 3:03 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley9 View Post
No, he didn't. That happened in the 6th book during Christmas, but in the 7th book Percy did not accompany Scrimgeour to the Burrow when he went to deliver the contents of the Will.
i could've sworn that percy was with the minister. i'm still trying to reread it for the second time. guess it's time to read it for a third. heehee

Old November 30th, 2010, 3:09 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippaduu View Post
oh god how dissapointed i was, i mean seriously. This movie is by far the worst of the series and also a bad movie overall. I have to completely agree with a critics review which i read, splitting into 2 parts is purely a way to make more money. This whole movie had like 2-3 scenes worth watching and the rest 2h are just worthless. Don't even know if i'm going to watch part 2 after this one.
I thought the movie was excellent and no book-to-film adaptation is ever going to be perfect. I thought the movie ended too soon. It didn't feel like 2.5 hours.

Last edited by rocketfan86; November 30th, 2010 at 3:20 am. Reason: removing some troll
Old November 30th, 2010, 3:10 am
Third Year

Quote:
yes. my mom told me and my siblings. my mom read an article about and that is how the movie is being split. because she wants every well almost every nitty gritty detail.
I had never heard that. I thought she approved of the split, but basically it was the filmmakers decisions, and mainly a monetary one.

Old November 30th, 2010, 3:30 am
Sixth Year

Regardless of it being a monetary decision, us Potter fans get 2 movies out of it that will hopefully do this last book justice

Win-win situation for both.

And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Don't Britta it. Watch Community on NBC

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old November 30th, 2010, 3:33 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
Regardless of it being a monetary decision, us Potter fans get 2 movies out of it that will hopefully do this last book justice

Win-win situation for both.
Oh I agree. I'm perfectly fine with it and actually like that they split it.

Old November 30th, 2010, 3:36 am
Second Year

Is it so hard for some fans to just accept what's been said by David Heyman and others concerning the split (that it was done purely for creative reasons)?

BTW, the decision to split DH into two films was made solely by the filmmakers, who then approached JKR for approval or disapproval; David Heyman, producer of the HP films, has said that he approached meeting with Jo to propose the split with great trepidation, and was therefore relieved when she not only signed off on the idea, but did so fairly quickly.

Old November 30th, 2010, 3:41 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Is it so hard for some fans to just accept what's been said by David Heyman and others concerning the split (that it was done purely for creative reasons)?

BTW, the decision to split DH into two films was made solely by the filmmakers, who then approached JKR for approval or disapproval; David Heyman, producer of the HP films, has said that he approached meeting with Jo to propose the split with great trepidation, and was therefore relieved when she not only signed off on the idea, but did so fairly quickly.
I don't doubt that they did it for creative reasons as well. There was way too much in this book to put into one movie. However, there are usually monetary reasons as well. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that either. Like magic_is_might said, it is a win win situation. We get two great movies and the franchise makes more money.

Old November 30th, 2010, 3:55 am
Second Year

Heyman and others have gone on record stating that the motivation behind deciding to split DH was first and foremost creative in nature, yet the trend seems to be that people ignore that and automatically go/point to the motivation behind the decision to split being monetary in nature.

Old November 30th, 2010, 3:58 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Heyman and others have gone on record stating that the motivation behind deciding to split DH was first and foremost creative in nature, yet the trend seems to be that people ignore that and automatically go/point to the motivation behind the decision to split being monetary in nature.
Can't it be for both reasons?

Old November 30th, 2010, 4:07 am
First Year

That snatcher chase scene is the worst bit in the movie imo

Old November 30th, 2010, 4:15 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by finick08 View Post
That snatcher chase scene is the worst bit in the movie imo
Nah, I liked this scene a lot