Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Romantic moments & that scene in Deathly Hallows

Old November 26th, 2010, 8:19 am
First Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 1: Romantic moments & that scene...

So I'm a little late to this discussion, and I don't normally post that often, but I felt like I had to offer my point of view about this since I've been reading it so long...

I have an idea as to why the stone scene was cut, and why it would be better that way. It took place before Ron left, and I think it was probably after his arm was better (or else he wouldn't have been able to throw properly). So in this scene, Ron is supposed to be holding Hermione and this is a funny, cute, happy moment for both of them. So what would it seem like, if right after this scene, Ron gets jealous of Harry and just leaves?

IMO, it would be really weird that Ron feels like Harry and Hermione might be together if he just had this tender moment with Hermione that makes it seem like she might actually like him back. He wouldn't leave. He would want to stay and try to win Hermione or something if he thinks there might be a chance.

The way they showed it in the movie, there were absolutely no scenes with Ron and Hermione having tender/romantic moments while they are camping before he leaves, while Ron does see her being affectionate with Harry. This drives the point that Ron feels like he has no chance anymore with her and feels like giving up. If they had kept in the stone scene, Ron's leaving wouldn't make as much sense. People would think, "why would he leave when Hermione just showed him some affection earlier that day, or week, or whatever" It flows better that he doesn't get any of that love, so he gives up (obviously driven along by the locket).

I would like to see this just because it would be cute, but I think it would be better placed after Ron comes back to them. And the way they filmed it, it wasn't this kind of scene.

And about not getting any Ron and Hermione alone moments - this is canon as well because the books are from Harry's point of view and we never get any Ron and Hermione alone/tender moments in the book. The movies are always "Harry Potter and the...." not "Ron and Hermione and the ...." or "The Trio and the...." I feel happy that the movie makers decided to change this theme and give them a scene in the chamber of secrets and have their kiss be alone and more intimate without interruptions.

As for the dance, it was ambiguous whether it was romantic moment for me. Maybe on Harry's end, but definitely not Hermione's. And I agree that it does cheapen Harry and Ginny's relationship, but since they have never done justice to H/G, I guess I'm kinda not surprised at all. Which is unfortunate because I think they need to establish the fact that the girl the main character ends up with actually have some sort of emotional connection.

EDIT: Lol, it seems like you guys came up to the same conclusion for taking out the stone scene as I did while I was typing this.

Last edited by deadly_artemis; November 26th, 2010 at 8:22 am.
Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2010, 8:22 am
First Year

Anyone else notice the scene where Harry wakes up and the camera shows Ron/Hermione's hands really close together, as if they had been holding hands and fell asleep that way? Right out of the book. Good moment.

John 3:17
Old November 26th, 2010, 8:23 am
Third Year

Quote:
s for the dance, it was ambiguous whether it was romantic moment for me. Maybe on Harry's end, but definitely not Hermione's. And I agree that it does cheapen Harry and Ginny's relationship, but since they have never done justice to H/G, I guess I'm kinda not surprised at all. Which is unfortunate because I think they need to establish the fact that the girl the main character ends up with actually have some sort of emotional connection.

I really am somewhat shocked at how poorly they have handled Harry and Ginny in these movies. They really haven't established well at all that Harry really even likes her all that much. The scene at the wedding of him trying to run to her was a nice touch, but it almost comes across empty when he doesn't think about her the rest of the movie.

Old November 26th, 2010, 8:25 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly_artemis View Post
So I'm a little late to this discussion, and I don't normally post that often, but I felt like I had to offer my point of view about this since I've been reading it so long...

I have an idea as to why the stone scene was cut, and why it would be better that way. It took place before Ron left, and I think it was probably after his arm was better (or else he wouldn't have been able to throw properly). So in this scene, Ron is supposed to be holding Hermione and this is a funny, cute, happy moment for both of them. So what would it seem like, if right after this scene, Ron gets jealous of Harry and just leaves?

IMO, it would be really weird that Ron feels like Harry and Hermione might be together if he just had this tender moment with Hermione that makes it seem like she might actually like him back. He wouldn't leave. He would want to stay and try to win Hermione or something if he thinks there might be a chance.

The way they showed it in the movie, there were absolutely no scenes with Ron and Hermione having tender/romantic moments while they are camping before he leaves, while Ron does see her being affectionate with Harry. This drives the point that Ron feels like he has no chance anymore with her and feels like giving up. If they had kept in the stone scene, Ron's leaving wouldn't make as much sense. People would think, "why would he leave when Hermione just showed him some affection earlier that day, or week, or whatever" It flows better that he doesn't get any of that love, so he gives up (obviously driven along by the locket).

I would like to see this just because it would be cute, but I think it would be better placed after Ron comes back to them. And the way they filmed it, it wasn't this kind of scene.
These are all great points And points I think explain part of why this scene was cut.

I can't be sure, since I haven't seen this scene yet, of course, but from what I've read about it, it does make sense from Yates standpoint and the movies tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveStarkill View Post
Anyone else notice the scene where Harry wakes up and the camera shows Ron/Hermione's hands really close together, as if they had been holding hands and fell asleep that way? Right out of the book. Good moment.
Yes - straight out of the book and an great touch

And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Don't Britta it. Watch Community on NBC

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old November 26th, 2010, 9:06 am
First Year

Did you guys not notice acouple times when they were in danger, Wedding and Malfoy Manor R&Hr find each other, you always head to the 1s you love when your in danger, not really a biggie but its there if you look for it, they did deserve a little more then what they got but atleast we know they get it in part 2.

Old November 26th, 2010, 9:50 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly_artemis View Post

And about not getting any Ron and Hermione alone moments - this is canon as well because the books are from Harry's point of view and we never get any Ron and Hermione alone/tender moments in the book. The movies are always "Harry Potter and the...." not "Ron and Hermione and the ...." or "The Trio and the...." I feel happy that the movie makers decided to change this theme and give them a scene in the chamber of secrets and have their kiss be alone and more intimate without interruptions.

As for the dance, it was ambiguous whether it was romantic moment for me. Maybe on Harry's end, but definitely not Hermione's. And I agree that it does cheapen Harry and Ginny's relationship, but since they have never done justice to H/G, I guess I'm kinda not surprised at all. Which is unfortunate because I think they need to establish the fact that the girl the main character ends up with actually have some sort of emotional connection.

EDIT: Lol, it seems like you guys came up to the same conclusion for taking out the stone scene as I did while I was typing this.
Well said! And nice elaboration on the reasoning behind the stone skimming cut. I strongly believe that this is the point for the cut, though it would've been nice for Yates to be a bit more explicit when talking about this, so we didn't have the confusion. This will probably be something we see him discussing on the DVD though.

Old November 26th, 2010, 10:39 am
Sixth Year

Read this from another Potter fan on YouTube about this scene:

"It shows just how much they would have loved to be innocent children having a good time and not fighting in a war that's so much bigger than them."

I thought it was a great way of putting it, since this is how I see this scene.

And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Don't Britta it. Watch Community on NBC

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old November 26th, 2010, 11:01 am
Second Year

It’s hard to know how I’d feel about the romance if I didn’t know the ending. I saw DH1 with some people who have only seen the films once or twice and one of my friends told me that she thought Hermione and Ron liked each other and Harry was aware of it. She also thinks Harry has some feelings for both Ginny and Hermione and is intentionally distancing himself emotionally because he’ll die in the next book. I have to admit I told her I was certain there wouldn’t be any other Harry Potter books so I think that’s why she’s convinced he’ll die.

I think the filmmakers tend to make Hermione’s friendship with Harry more special than his friendship with Ron and especially his relationship with Ginny. Now, don’t get me wrong, I think the characters of Ron and Hermione were very true to the books in this film and I think they’ve made it obvious that they like each other. But given that Emma Watson has been so popular these last few years and that Daniel Radcliffe plays the hero of the story and given that we can’t hear what Harry’s thoughts are I think they sort of toy with the idea of a love triangle.

As for the dance scene I really loved it because I love Harry and Hermione’s friendship and I think Dan and Emma play off each other really well. As a matter of fact, I think the chemistry between the trio is amazing and their ten-year friendship really shows on screen. I had some problems with the way Harry and Ron’s friendship was portrayed after Ron came back but that’s more about bromance than romance.

Old November 26th, 2010, 11:36 am
Zonko's Employee

Thank you so much, mods, for creating this separate thread.

That blessed H/H dance ...
... doesn't outrage me any more than Peter Jackson teasing the audience a little with the love triangle aspect between Aragorn, Eowyn and Arwen. (There was certainly no love triangle in the book! But Eowyn was in love with Aragorn, already betrothed -- unknown to her -- to Arwen.)

Thank you, the End.

Harry and Ginny in the films

I do try hard to like Ginny in the books, but always feel the author is trying too hard to make me like her, if that makes sense.

I have come round to thinking that it is a shame we don't see a fiery, feisty Ginny in the films. Or that Dan doesn't kiss Bonnie with a tad more enthusiasm. (Although I am not of the opinion that Harry was seen rejecting Ginny in HBP Not after she left him with that soppy smile on his face! )

However: I think the film-makers (quite rightly) focus on the Trio as the emotional centre of the narrative. Rowling did the same, too, in the book, when she sent Ginny back to Hogwarts. This makes sense anyway, as Ginny is in the year below the Trio. But I do think it would have disturbed the equilibrium of the story to have Ginny join the Trio on the camping trip.

Old November 26th, 2010, 11:55 am
Assistant to Minister Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_Took View Post
I have come round to thinking that it is a shame we don't see a fiery, feisty Ginny in the films. Or that Dan doesn't kiss Bonnie with a tad more enthusiasm. (Although I am not of the opinion that Harry was seen rejecting Ginny in HBP Not after she left him with that soppy smile on his face! )

However: I think the film-makers (quite rightly) focus on the Trio as the emotional centre of the narrative. Rowling did the same, too, in the book, when she sent Ginny back to Hogwarts. This makes sense anyway, as Ginny is in the year below the Trio. But I do think it would have disturbed the equilibrium of the story to have Ginny join the Trio on the camping trip.
I'm glad there's almost zero Harry/Ginny in the films. This plot point has never managed to excite me, so it's fine with me they're basically ignoring it in film canon. Actually, I think the book DH largely ignored it too, which filled me with glee.

Old November 26th, 2010, 11:59 am
Second Year

i'm sick of hearing about this H/H dance scene now.

so many fans on this post have debated about it, analysed and picked at it, that there are probably enough posts to turn this into a book!

i enjoyed the more subtle hints of romance in this movie far more!

the little looks ron gives hermione, most pointedly when he sees her at the wedding and in the piano scene.
it's clever how rupert used the same 'look' in both these scenes, considering they must have been shot months apart.

that, and i loved emma's look at ron when he got splinched. that bit at the end when she looks at him and you can see the worry and the love on her face. you really see her suffering with him in that scene, rather than just see her get hysterical.

the nearly-hand holding scene was handled really well, although it would have been nice if we could have had a reaction from harry here. i know people complain that harry intterupts their more intimate moments, but this was a scene i think that needed a reaction from harry. this would just add more to the fact that ron and hermione could have been holding hands.

not really impressed with the ginny/harry kiss. again, the romance was a bit lacklustre and bonnie just doesn't play ginny the way i imagine her. she's far more bolshy and strong-willed in the books than she is in the movie, whereas they've watered down her character, especially in the last two films.

Old November 26th, 2010, 12:07 pm
First Year

Agreed. I prefer the more subtle hints of romance between ron and hermione. Didn't liked the riddle!harry and riddle!hermione part at all. It was abit unecessary and overdone in my opinion.

And regarding Ginny asking harry to zip her dress...it seems out of the blue to me.

Old November 26th, 2010, 1:39 pm
Third Year

I know this has been discussed to death, but I thought I'd weigh in on it. I did not hate "the scene", but the more I watch the more I don't exactly love it either. On my first viewing I loved it, although I think I loved it for the same reason I love outtakes and bloopers. I really just liked watching Dan and Emma laugh and act like complete goofballs, not Harry and Hermione, Dan and Emma.

I did not see large amounts of sexual tension or Harry lusting after Hermione for that matter; however, the removal of the locket was a bit iffy to me. Perhaps I just watch too many movies and am reading too much into it, but the removal of that seemed very intimate to me, almost like he was taking off an article of clothing. However, I think it is definitely a Ron/Hermione scene from start to finish. She is depressed and thinking about Ron at the start by the radio...she is depressed and goes back to being miserable and missing Ron at the end of it. Does it annoy me that they cut the wedding dance and added a new scene? Yes, it definitely does.

However my major complaints have to do with the camping scenes as a whole. There should not be isolated moments between Ron and Hermione for us to tally up at this point in the story. It is very clear by DH that it is Ron and Hermione and the only question in the reader's mind is when they will get together. There shouldn't be isolated scenes, their relationship should just be woven into the story. I thought they did a wonderful job of this at the first part of the film before they went camping. The viewer was quickly clued in at the outset of this film that Ron and Hermione are closer than ever. From flirtatious comments to lingering glances, you get the idea their friendship has definitely changed.

That stops completely when they go camping and all of a sudden all you is Harry and Hermione. I get that they need to heighten Ron's jealousy, but there is next to no emotion in the camping scenes aside from Ron's jealousy. I don't get a sense of the desperation of their situation or how frustrated they all are. We see next to nothing of the Ron and Hermione interaction you saw at the start of the film, which to me is not so true to the books. Harry is supposed to see Ron and Hermione off by themselves quite a bit and he fears they are talking about him. In my opinion, they have to show this more than just once to convey the message. These camping scenes are about much more than Ron's jealousy. I think the editing of the scenes and the decision to play it up primarily as "Ron is jealous" does the story and characters a tremendous injustice.

Why is Hermione so upset when Ron leaves? We haven't seen her interact with him much since they left Grimmauld Place? Emma does a fantastic job portraying Hermione's grief (I love the scene when they disapparate and she wipes the tears away), but I think that is more a testament to Emma's acting than the story they have woven in the camping scenes.

I posted earlier that a friend of mine, who is a movie buff and film critic and has only seen the films, commented that it seemed they were trying to play up a love triangle and sow some doubts in the viewers about Ron and Hermione. I don't think anyone can argue that the filmmakers are trying to do this. The evidence is in all the editing. There is the absence of Harry's "she cried for days...I love her like a sister" confession. Then there is the minor change to Ron's final line as he leaves the tent. They change "I get it. You choose him", which makes the viewer think that this is has been a longstanding fear of Ron's for much longer than the time they've been camping, to "I get it. I saw you two the other night". That to me plays very much like a contrived teen soap opera (especially considering Hermione's silly reply of "Ron, that's nothing!"). I could not understand why they would change that line of Ron's until I viewed it in context of all the other minor changes and tweaks they made to play up the love triangle.

I don't understand the decision to create a love triangle as I think the story is just fine without it. The movie viewers have had an inkling since GoF (and one could argue since CoS) that the endgame is Ron and Hermione. Why they introduce this silly "could it go this way?" thing is beyond me. Yes, Jo has mentioned it in interviews and points to two specific scenes, but I don't think the casual reader (unless they were looking for it) picks that up. Sadly, I think the movie viewer might based on tweaks in this film and previous ones. Do I think the filmmakers are "Harry/Hermione shippers"? Absolutely not. I think they are professional filmmakers trying to introduce something that they mistakenly believe will make their films more interesting.

In addition, I know it's not a romantic scene by any means, but why on earth did they take out Ron's screams and desperation in the cellar when he hears Hermione getting tortured? If there is ever a moment in the story to express the depths of Ron's feelings for Hermione this is it. Of all the minor tweaks and editing decisions in the movie, this to me is the biggest and gravest mistake. I've seen the film three times and I still don't really feel what I'm supposed to feel in that moment. It puzzles me and I have no idea why they would cut it.

I just want to add that I don't consider myself a "shipper" by any means. I have been an avid fan of the books for many years and somewhere around Order of the Phoenix I really started to appreciate the beauty of this romantic plotline she was carefully weaving behind the major story. I know films can never do the books justice, but the filmmakers have definitely made a few bizarre changes in telling this part of story.

"We spent time here, we made friends here. That’s a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, it’s bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after we’re gone. Maybe we’ll see our kids go here.
That’s the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long you’re away from it, there’s always a way back."

Last edited by MsBinns; November 26th, 2010 at 3:35 pm.
Old November 26th, 2010, 2:08 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBinns View Post
I just want to add that I don't consider myself a "shipper" by any means. I have been an avid fan of the books for many years and somewhere around Order of the Phoenix I really started to appreciate the beauty of this romantic plotline she was carefully weaving behind the major story. I know films can never do the books justice, but the filmmakers have definitely made a few bizarre changes in telling this part of story.
It may be annoying, but it's not all that bizarre, IMO. As I said above, this is exactly what Peter Jackson did in the LotR films ... played up a 'love triangle' thing that wasn't really canon. It didn't bother me overmuch (as everybody ended up with the right person ) and neither does this.

I think the movie 'love triangle' has a lot to do with Dan and Emma being attractive and the fact that in the film Hermione is pretty much a secondary 'lead' (which, personally, I have no problem with ... I am admittedly biased as Hermione is one of my favourite characters. )

Old November 26th, 2010, 2:51 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_Took View Post
It may be annoying, but it's not all that bizarre, IMO. As I said above, this is exactly what Peter Jackson did in the LotR films ... played up a 'love triangle' thing that wasn't really canon. It didn't bother me overmuch (as everybody ended up with the right person ) and neither does this.

I think the movie 'love triangle' has a lot to do with Dan and Emma being attractive and the fact that in the film Hermione is pretty much a secondary 'lead' (which, personally, I have no problem with ... I am admittedly biased as Hermione is one of my favourite characters. )
And as a lifelong fan of Tolkien's work, I hated it there also! You are right...bizarre is probably not the right word, annoying is much more accurate. It is bizarre to me because I think the story is a good enough story without introducing something that isn't really there (or if it is, it is not explicit enough to make it into the films).

It's okay that you're biased! I will readily admit that (next to Severus) Ron is my favorite character. I love watching his character develop and mature over all 7 books. He says dumb things and can be hurtful and immature and rude, but I love watching him grow up as he deals with all his emotions and insecurities.

I do think it's interesting that so many people say Dan and Emma are the more attractive leads. I don't think anyone would argue with the fact that Emma is stunning, but I'm a high school teacher and so many of my 10th graders came flying through the door Monday morning jabbering about the film and how "hot Ron is". Granted, that is not really a large sample size, but I just thought it was interesting.

Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, it’s bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after we’re gone. Maybe we’ll see our kids go here.
That’s the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long you’re away from it, there’s always a way back."
Old November 26th, 2010, 3:26 pm
Second Year

I went and saw the film for a second time yesterday, and therefore feel completely confident in saying that the sexual tension with which Yates told Dan and Emma to play the dance scene is manifested onlyduring the final part of said scene (as the music fades and you've got Harry and Hermione holding each other close); it's an extremely fleeting moment, but you nevertheless completely get the feeling that, despite what's been set up in previous films and previously within DH itself, romance could definitely blossom between Harry and Hermione. Anyone who is seeing sexual tension in any part of the scene other than the brief section I mentioned is reading way too much into it.

It's been a while since I've read DH and, therefore, I don't remember the 'skipping stones' scene between Hermione and Ron, but, after having seen DH P1 twice, I feel confident in saying that there are more than enough scenes/moments within the film that convey/indicate Ron and Hermione's feelings towards each other to compensate for the omission of such a scene (them skipping stones together), especially when you consider that Yates and Kloves chose to visually and thematically play up Ron's isolation and anger to a greater degree than it is in the book by shortening the amount of time in which said isolation and anger builds and grows.

My sister mentioned that she felt there needed to have been more emphasis put on Harry and Ginny's relationship, both in DH P1 and in HBP, and while I can see where she's coming from, I also firmly believe that there's absolutely nothing inherently or structurally wrong with the way that the films have built up the two characters' feelings for each other; the main relationship that's been set up/translated onto film - throughout all of the films - has been the Ron/Hermione relationship (particularly in PoA and HBP), and the way in which Kloves and Yates have introduced/set up the Harry/Ginny relationship in the last two films dovetails, structurally, with that decision (emphasizing and giving a lot of setup to/for the Ron/Hermione relationship), particularly when you consider that the Harry/Ginny relationship really only comes together during the last half of HBP - the novel - and really isn't focused on at all in DH. The only thing that the films haven't really done is overtly hint at Ginny's crush on Harry, but that's really a minor nitpick and ultimately doesn't/won't affect the 'end game' for that relationship as conveyed in the epilogue.

Old November 26th, 2010, 4:44 pm
Seventh Year

Okay, let’s get it out of the way. “The scene that should not be named” … hate it. I understand the reasoning of having a funny, lighter scene amidst all the dark, but that was clearly not this scene’s intention. Yates even admitted it when he talked about it, labelling it as “intimate and tender” or something to that effect. He wanted to create a “what if” situation and ended up doing Harry’s character a disservice, IMO. I wouldn’t have had a problem with a friendly dance, with Harry trying to cheer Hermione up, but it’s obvious that it was supposed to be more than that. At least from Harry’s side. And that is just wrong, IMO. It might be considered normal that two teenagers alone for weeks would eventually have certain thoughts, but do we have to act on our hormones even if we know it’s wrong? This is Harry who knows how his two best friends feel about each other and he’s trying to hit on Hermione? As angry and upset as Harry might be with Ron after he left, that doesn’t justify what he did. Best thing about this scene is Hermione’ s reaction in the end. She turns away, clearly denying Harry’s efforts. No, won’t do. He’s just not Ron.

Too bad however that this scene nonetheless gets all this attention.

I wouldn’t even want to count it among the romantic ones in this movie. Which there were fortunately quite a few and they all belonged to Ron and Hermione. The obvious ones being the almost hand holding while asleep, the Piano scene, and Ron’s declaration when he comes back. I also adored Ron kind of stroking Hermione’s cheek in the café. And I think it was very symbolic when Hermione took off Harry’s glasses from Ron after he had transformed back into himself after the Seven Potters sequence. I would’ve loved to see the rock throwing scene and I hope it ends up on the DVD at least, but I understand why they cut it. Just as someone else said, it would have contradicted Ron getting more and more jealous and paranoid about Harry and Hermione.
I wished they would have given Harry and Ginny one or two really good scenes too, but then again Movie-Harry doesn’t seem to care all that much about Ginny?

Avatar by Hunter_Graphics; Signature by Xuxu
Old November 26th, 2010, 4:48 pm
Second Year

Honestly, I'm so sick of 'the scene', I'm going to veer away from it completely.
When I left the theater, one of the parts I was thinking about a lot was the piano scene between Hermione and Ron. For me it was the scene where Ron seriously thought, "Oh my gosh, I love her." Which sets up (what he thinks) some tension between Harry and Hermione. I just love that adoring gaze he gives her.

As for Ginny and Harry, I thought they did it horribly in this film. The whole "zip me up" made me squirm. And then there's no indication that Harry is thinking about her/missing her. If they had even just snuck in one line for Harry like, "I'm worried about her," I would've been happy. Oh well.

--
"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic."

Last edited by TheScribbler; November 26th, 2010 at 4:51 pm.
Old November 26th, 2010, 4:49 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I don't like the scene mainly because it shows Harry as a backstabber and a terrible friend. I can really see it no other way. This is Harry. It's kind of horrific to me that this characterization is the final Harry we have. His closeness with Ron and how precious he holds that relationship, to the point where he was so distressed about his love for Ginny, has always been a strong point in his favour. For this movie to come along and massacre his character in this fashion for a completely pointless scene has me really considering whether to watch this film or not. I will watch it so I can judge for myself but I am horrified by what they have done to Harry. I find it disgusting. He is now a creep in my mind and I hope finally watching the movie changes that opinion.

Last edited by cgold; November 26th, 2010 at 4:53 pm.
Old November 26th, 2010, 5:01 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjalina View Post
And I think it was very symbolic when Hermione took off Harry’s glasses from Ron after he had transformed back into himself after the Seven Potters sequence.
I LOVED this little scene and am glad that they included Tonks' flattery of Ron and his actions in the escape from Privet Drive. (Also can I be a 27 year old fan girl for just a second and comment on the fact that Rupert with glasses looked awfully cute?) I, for one, did not mind the glance back to Harry that some people have expressed some dissatisfaction with and I absolutely adored Harry running to join in on the hug. That was honestly one of my favorite moments of the whole film for some odd reason. I just love the trio to death.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References