Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Romantic moments & that scene in Deathly Hallows

Old November 27th, 2010, 12:11 am
Second Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 1: Romantic moments & that scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceysChain View Post
Maybe *shrugs*. On a curious note, what's your favourite DH R/Hr movie moment?
As deadly_artemis noted, even though it's not a direct R/Hr scene/moment, Ron as Cattermole and his "wife" were great scenes. I especially liked when Mrs Cattermole kissed Polyjuiced Ron and you could see Hermione take an angry step forward and wanting to break them apart.

I also really loved the splinching scene. Again, not an overtly affectionate scene but the underlying message was of Hermione's feelings for Ron. Love it!

Old November 27th, 2010, 12:20 am
Sixth Year

Although the movies horrible did H/G, the books were not much better, IMO.

This is something that could've been done better in the movies, then the books, but failed to.

And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Don't Britta it. Watch Community on NBC

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old November 27th, 2010, 2:26 am
Third Year

Quote:
Ron charging at Bellatrix to save Hermione.

Old November 27th, 2010, 3:24 am
Third Year

Quote:
I think my favorite is when she takes off his glasses during the 7 potters hug. It was just such a sweet telling moment for me. Plus he kind of checks her out when she does it. LOL

As for Harry and Ginny, they definitely came out of nowhere for me in the books, but JKR was able to justify it so I bought it. In the movies it is just so disappointing.

Last edited by Erin6; November 27th, 2010 at 3:28 am.
Old November 27th, 2010, 3:34 am
Second Year

Would Erin6 or anyone else who has issues with the way that the Harry/Ginny relationship's been handled in terms of the films care to explain to me in detail why they feel that way? I'm genuinely interested to at least see where they're coming from, even if I don't agree with their opinion(s).

Old November 27th, 2010, 3:38 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Would Erin6 or anyone else who has issues with the way that the Harry/Ginny relationship's been handled in terms of the films care to explain to me in detail why they feel that way? I'm genuinely interested to at least see where they're coming from, even if I don't agree with their opinion(s).
For me I just don't feel that they have made Harry's feelings for Ginny as clear as they should have. Obviously it is easier in the books because they are written from Harry's POV, but Ginny in the movies has intiated every move, every kiss. They definitly should have shown Harry looking at Ginny's dot while camping just to show that he was at least thinking of her. Of course a huge problem is Dan and Bonnie's lack of chemistry.

Old November 27th, 2010, 3:55 am
Second Year

Thanks for the explanation, Erin6. I'm personally fine with the way that the H/G relationship's been set up, and completely buy that Harry has feelings for Ginny based on the interactions that we have been given through the film versions of OotP, HBP, and DH P1, but, 'to each their own', I guess. I don't know if it's quite fair to hold your own personal opinion against the filmmakers, though.

Old November 27th, 2010, 3:56 am
Third Year

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation, Erin6. I'm personally fine with the way that the H/G relationship's been set up, and completely buy that Harry has feelings for Ginny based on the interactions that we have been given through the film versions of OotP, HBP, and DH P1, but, 'to each their own', I guess. I don't know if it's quite fair to hold your own personal opinion against the filmmakers, though.
Well I don't know whe else to hold it against, since they are responsible for the scenes and relationships in the movie. lol

Old November 27th, 2010, 4:07 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin6 View Post
For me I just don't feel that they have made Harry's feelings for Ginny as clear as they should have. Obviously it is easier in the books because they are written from Harry's POV, but Ginny in the movies has intiated every move, every kiss. They definitly should have shown Harry looking at Ginny's dot while camping just to show that he was at least thinking of her. Of course a huge problem is Dan and Bonnie's lack of chemistry.
I agree with this.
Plus, the way Ginny initiates just isn't believable, lol. I cannot picture book Ginny doing things like tying Harry's shoes or feeding him cookies. Movie Ginny at times comes off as a bit desperate for his attention. And Harry just sort of nonchalantly receives her attention, if that makes sense.
I feel like Harry made more of an effort to pursue Cho Chang in the movies than he does Ginny.

Old November 27th, 2010, 4:07 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
I also don't really mind how they did H/G's relationship in the movie only because I felt the book didn't do much better. However, it would've been nice if the movies stepped up and developed their relationship more than the book. But they didn't

Old November 27th, 2010, 4:10 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterGurl08 View Post
I feel like Harry made more of an effort to pursue Cho Chang in the movies than he does Ginny.
As someone who's not really inclined to support Harry in any of his relationships and isn't really bothered by that side of his character, I'm going to have to agree. There was far more attention paid to it and far more of a bumbling/shy Harry reacting to any attention he got from Cho.

Old November 27th, 2010, 4:10 am
Third Year

Quote:
I agree with this.
Plus, the way Ginny initiates just isn't believable, lol. I cannot picture book Ginny doing things like tying Harry's shoes or feeding him cookies. Movie Ginny at times comes off as a bit desperate for his attention. And Harry just sort of nonchalantly receives her attention, if that makes sense.
He definitely did make more of an effort with Cho. Book Ginny would never tie Harry's shoes. I still don't understand that scene.

Old November 27th, 2010, 4:30 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
I still don't understand that scene.
I can't stand this scene Along with the "open up, you" scene in HBP. It makes me cringe for some reason.

Old November 27th, 2010, 4:36 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
I can't stand this scene Along with the "open up, you" scene in HBP. It makes me cringe for some reason.
She actually said "open up, you?" I must have blocked that out. The shoe tying scene just makes me so uncomfrortable.

Old November 27th, 2010, 4:41 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
She actually said "open up, you?" I must have blocked that out. The shoe tying scene just makes me so uncomfrortable.
The "open up, you" was when she's (awkwardly, mind you) feeding Harry those little cakes when Ron sits down between them.

And yes, the shoe-tying scene is awkward to watch.

Old November 27th, 2010, 4:58 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
The "open up, you" was when she's (awkwardly, mind you) feeding Harry those little cakes when Ron sits down between them.

And yes, the shoe-tying scene is awkward to watch.
That's what she's saying?! I had no idea...I thought she was saying the name of whatever it is that she made and was trying to get Harry to eat. Good lord, that's an awkward line to put in there. FTR, I hate the shoe tying scene as well. For a half a second, I thought Ginny was going to do something that wasn't very PG

Old November 27th, 2010, 5:06 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherD View Post
That's what she's saying?! I had no idea...I thought she was saying the name of whatever it is that she made and was trying to get Harry to eat. Good lord, that's an awkward line to put in there. FTR, I hate the shoe tying scene as well. For a half a second, I thought Ginny was going to do something that wasn't very PG
Yes, the shoe-tying part threw me off for a second.

And yes, those 3 words come out awkwardly, and since I find Daniel and Bonnie to be awkward on screen anyway, it's twice as awkward.

Old November 27th, 2010, 5:08 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherD View Post
LOL!!

Poor Bonnie, though. They give her some terrible lines. I hadn't noticed she said "Open up, you" either. That is a bit sad.

The line that irks me is when she takes him to the Room of Requirements to hide the potions book and she says something along the lines of "I can hide here too if you'd like." And the whole bit about him closing his eyes. It was just awkward.

Old November 27th, 2010, 5:13 am
Third Year

Quote:
LOL!!

Poor Bonnie, though. They give her some terrible lines. I hadn't noticed she said "Open up, you" either. That is a bit sad.

The line that irks me is when she takes him to the Room of Requirements to hide the potions book and she says something along the lines of "I can hide here too if you'd like." And the whole bit about him closing his eyes. It was just awkward.
Their first kiss should have been done so differently. Harry hiding the potion book where he does is such an important moment, that I was too mad they turned it into a "romantic" moment and had Ginny hide the book to even notice how awkward it was.

Old November 27th, 2010, 5:16 am
Fourth Year

They ought to have had a Fan Advisory Committee on the movies...we could have prevented them from making such egregious mistakes. I guess you're bound to get stupid lines between characters who are supposed to be romantic when you have grown men doing the writing who know nothing of the ways in which teenage girls and boys communicate.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References