Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.2

Old March 15th, 2011, 2:51 am
Registered Animagus

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.2

I hope they keep the "i think they might have noticed we broke into Gringotts" line. I am usually not that specific about things i want them to keep especially dialogue but that was something that was so funny in the book. It was such a great light moment between the two heist and the battle. They usually don't keep things that specifically and i can always laugh at the book but it would be nice.

Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2011, 3:46 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
I think the only reason they run with the Harry/Hermione relationship thing is that they are trying to keep up the triangle thing until the very end. Given that there are many Harry/Hermione shippers, they are trying to play off of that.

It's a puzzler why they do this since it is widely known what actually happens.
You know what it really does... its demeans the deep, abiding love that Harry and Ron have as friends, and deep abiding love Ron and Hermione fall into from Harry's perspective. I think pushing the fake love triangle actually cheapens part of the story.

I am a Harry and Luna Fan. My ship may have sunk but my love goes on.

Ya know Daniel Radcliffe is really good at fake drowning.
Old March 15th, 2011, 4:07 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 View Post
It was discussed a few pages back that Hogsmead is at an elevation above the snow line. Besides with dementors swarming Hogsmead the temperature there will be ice cold.

It is??? Well they walked there from school. It didn't seem like a strenuous hike. Can't be that far with an underground tunnel leading to it. I don't remember snow in the book either. It is May. I understand it's the movie not the book, but it doesn't make much sense. Dementors guarded Hogwarts and it wasn't snowing. None of that makes sense or lines up with past info. The scenes from the trailers seem straight out of the timeline of on the run but don't carry into Hogwarts.

Old March 15th, 2011, 4:35 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajna View Post
It is??? Well they walked there from school. It didn't seem like a strenuous hike. Can't be that far with an underground tunnel leading to it. I don't remember snow in the book either. It is May. I understand it's the movie not the book, but it doesn't make much sense. Dementors guarded Hogwarts and it wasn't snowing. None of that makes sense or lines up with past info. The scenes from the trailers seem straight out of the timeline of on the run but don't carry into Hogwarts.
I think it is fair to remember that the Dementors are breeding and in huge numbers at this point. Their numbers would increase their ability to change the weather, and it is even mentioned in canon.

Old March 15th, 2011, 4:38 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrezLeefun View Post
I think it is fair to remember that the Dementors are breeding and in huge numbers at this point. Their numbers would increase their ability to change the weather, and it is even mentioned in canon.

Fair to mention, but unless they mention it specifically as a cause it just looks like a weird inconsistency to a movie viewer.

Old March 15th, 2011, 4:39 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajna View Post
Fair to mention, but unless they mention it specifically as a cause it just looks like a weird inconsistency to a movie viewer.
True but at this point to most "movie only" fans they are all kinda lost these days due to empty spots and unexplained things in HBP.

Old March 15th, 2011, 4:48 am
Registered Animagus

I wonder if they will say it. I like the idea of the snow being caused by dementors a lot more then the snow being caused by Hogsmeade supposedly being above the snow line on a mountain. I think that is rather stupid because how far are we supposed to believe the students walk to get there. I agree it will seem like a weird inconsistency if it isn't mentioned. The thing is i think that if they have decided the reason for the snow is because it is above the snow line then it won't be mentioned.

Old March 15th, 2011, 5:44 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
I wonder if they will say it. I like the idea of the snow being caused by dementors a lot more then the snow being caused by Hogsmeade supposedly being above the snow line on a mountain. I think that is rather stupid because how far are we supposed to believe the students walk to get there. I agree it will seem like a weird inconsistency if it isn't mentioned. The thing is i think that if they have decided the reason for the snow is because it is above the snow line then it won't be mentioned.
And odd that is...we've watched the movies, seen the walk, seen the tunnel, not to explain is weird.

Old March 15th, 2011, 1:20 pm
Registered Animagus

9th Wonder and myself decided to retire the All-Inclusive List for both parts and have now started up the All-Inclusive DH Part 2 List with just the chapters for Part 2. We have finished a major revision in preparation for the featurettes we are supposed to get this week and we have ordered the timeline to the best of our knowledge at this time. There are major spoilers in the list so if you don't want to know then don't read it. If there is anything we missed feel free to owl either myself or 9th_Wonder.

Old March 15th, 2011, 1:54 pm
Fourth Year

Has everyone else seen this press release sent to Mugglenet from ABC Family yet?

Faithful Potter fans will also be given a chance to go behind-the scenes with never-before-seen interview footage from the cast and filmmakers which give insights on key scenes from “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 & 2,” as well as revisiting important moments from the previous films to prepare for the final battle that takes place in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.” The never-before-seen footage that will be airing throughout the weekend includes a look back at Harry and Ginny’s relationship, director David Yates’ take on Harry and Hermione’s relationship, the origins of The Marauder’s Map and a look into the very last shot of principal photography of the film franchise with producer David Baron. ABC Family will also be airing exclusive sneak peeks at some of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2,” most exciting moments, including Harry & Draco’s fight in the Room of Requirement, the hair-raising dragon sequences and the final courtyard battle between good and evil.

‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Pottermore Username: HallowSkull189
Old March 15th, 2011, 2:18 pm
Fifth Year

I was wondering, do you think we'll see the dragon blow fire?

~ A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~
Old March 15th, 2011, 2:23 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_potter_fan View Post
Has everyone else seen this press release sent to Mugglenet from ABC Family yet?

Faithful Potter fans will also be given a chance to go behind-the scenes with never-before-seen interview footage from the cast and filmmakers which give insights on key scenes from “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 & 2,” as well as revisiting important moments from the previous films to prepare for the final battle that takes place in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.” The never-before-seen footage that will be airing throughout the weekend includes a look back at Harry and Ginny’s relationship, director David Yates’ take on Harry and Hermione’s relationship, the origins of The Marauder’s Map and a look into the very last shot of principal photography of the film franchise with producer David Baron. ABC Family will also be airing exclusive sneak peeks at some of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2,” most exciting moments, including Harry & Draco’s fight in the Room of Requirement, the hair-raising dragon sequences and the final courtyard battle between good and evil.
Oh joy. Notice we don't get a take on Ron's and Harry's relationship or Ron's and Hermione's relationship. Instead we get stuck with more Harry/Hermione relationship talk.

Someone should really tell the makers of these movies that Harry and Hermione are nothing but friends, really good friends but still friends. They are not even remotely attracted to one another.

Old March 15th, 2011, 2:29 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

The word relationship has many meanings, it doesn't have to be romantic. Harry and Hermione's bond is important to the books so talking about it isn't an issue to me and I think it's totally allowable that they discuss it.

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer

Last edited by Hes; March 15th, 2011 at 2:37 pm.
Old March 15th, 2011, 2:30 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerCat1 View Post
Oh joy. Notice we don't get a take on Ron's and Harry's relationship or Ron's and Hermione's relationship. Instead we get stuck with more Harry/Hermione relationship talk.

Someone should really tell the makers of these movies that Harry and Hermione are nothing but friends, really good friends but still friends. They are not even remotely attracted to one another.
Maybe thats what they will say.

‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Pottermore Username: HallowSkull189
Old March 15th, 2011, 2:34 pm
Fifth Year

I'm not trying to start a shipping war, but Rowling herself said Harry and Hermione felt charged moments for each other when they were alone together. Anyway, that's not the point. Harry/Hermione have an insanely powerful bond of friendship. I'd argue moreso than Ron/Harry, especially during DH.

~ A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~

Last edited by Sacred_Memories; March 15th, 2011 at 2:44 pm.
Old March 15th, 2011, 2:42 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred_Memories View Post
I'm not trying to start a shipping war, but Rowling herself said Harry and Hermione felt charged moments for each other when they were alone together. Anyway, that's not the point. Harry/Hermione have an insanely powerful bond of friendship. I'd argue moreso than Ron/Hermione, especially during DH.
She also said that people who thought Harry and Hermione would get together were "delusional".

Plus as far as i am aware Harry and Hermione should have no special moments in Deathly Hallows Part 2 as from memory i don't think they really have a scene together without Ron being there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
The word relationship has many meanings, it doesn't have to be romantic. Harry and Hermione's bond is important to the books so talking about it isn't an issue to me and I think it's totally allowable that they discuss it.
It just annoys me that Yates is going to discuss Harry's and Ginny's relationship and then he is going to discuss Harry's and Hermione's relationship. I guess in the world of David Yates Ron doesn't exist.

Old March 15th, 2011, 2:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerCat1 View Post
It just annoys me that Yates is going to discuss Harry's and Ginny's relationship and then he is going to discuss Harry's and Hermione's relationship. I guess in the world of David Yates Ron doesn't exist.
Maybe he will say something about it, this announcement might as well be a shortened summary after all.

I think Ron and Hermione will get their moments in the movie, imo it really doesn't matter what the director says in interviews as long as the movie is done correctly. And maybe making assumptions about characters that the director doesn't like should be done with some care. Unless he tells us and we have definite proof.

Old March 15th, 2011, 3:01 pm
Second Year

If you notice, the featurettes are not limited to Part 2 content. There's a featurette about the Marauder's Map. So I don't think that a featurette about Harry/Hermione means that there are more Harry/Hermione moments to come. Anyway, there is a separate thread for discussing this issue.

Old March 15th, 2011, 3:06 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Maybe he will say something about it, this announcement might as well be a shortened summary after all.

I think Ron and Hermione will get their moments in the movie, imo it really doesn't matter what the director says in interviews as long as the movie is done correctly. And maybe making assumptions about characters that the director doesn't like should be done with some care. Unless he tells us and we have definite proof.
We do have definite proof that David Heyman wanted Harry and Hermione to get together.

Old March 15th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Yes, but that's just the personal opinion of a person involved with the movies and not of JKR. She has such heavy involvement. Heyman's views doesn't mean this ship will happen at the end of the movie. Why care what others think of Ron? He gets his girl in the end and rightly so. So I would just ignore anything else, it only works people up.

And yes as gabriele87 so rightly points out, we do have a thread for this topic, so I am leaving it at that.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References