Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:31 am
Second Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
I have thought it would be the case also but still strange to hear it confirmed. All the deaths are off screen.
Even Snape's?

Severus Snape ~ The Boy Who Loved
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:32 am
Third Year

I think the underwhelming scene is either Fred's death (if it happens off screen, as mentioned) or King's Cross.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:32 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherD View Post
Hmmmm...well that's a rather unsatisfying end to Wormtail. Maybe she just didn't catch Wormtail's death in Part 2? *crosses fingers* If he doesn't die in part 2, then it is really disappointing that they didn't have him die the way he died in the book in Part 1.
eh, Pettigrew's death was a crashing flop in the book, too. People really thought that it would wind up being pivotal and redeeming; instead, well, it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred_Memories View Post
He's a non-reader who teared up a few times and said:
This actually is important to know. Too many readers simply compare the film to the book, and give us no idea if it's a good movie or not. Non-readers are much better able to judge because they have no preconceptions.

If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there.” - A. P. Chekhov, Gurlyand's Reminiscences, and who knew why the Dog was long before the Shack!
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:33 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by potions_mistres View Post
Even Snape's?
I doubt Snape's will be offscreen. I doubt all of them will be, too. I'm sure just Fred's will be excluded while it wasn't in the book.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:33 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
What is the opening sequence? Last scene of Part 1, with Voldemort stealing the Elder Wand. Next we see WB sign. Then we see Snape looking out the Hogwarts tower. Then the title. After we see Harry outside of Dobby’s grave.
YAY it starts in the same way as Back to the Future Sequels!

‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Pottermore Username: HallowSkull189
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:35 am
Second Year

OMG, I just got the youngfolks page to load... they say we will see a potter death flash back during the prince's tale!

Second Year

Quote:
Hmmmm...well that's a rather unsatisfying end to Wormtail. Maybe she just didn't catch Wormtail's death in Part 2? *crosses fingers* If he doesn't die in part 2, then it is really disappointing that they didn't have him die the way he died in the book in Part 1.
That is frustrating if this is true and we don't see Wormtail agan. In the book there was meaning and reason behind his death that would have been just asquick to get through in Pt1 so I always assumed the had something good planned for Pt2. Ever since HBP when they seemed to be reminding us of his silver hand by having it prominently shown in the scene at Spinner's End I figured they would still have him killed by the hnd that Voldemort gave him.

Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimsey View Post
Actually, some of us: often others of us see why they made the change!
Actually, I'm with you on this. I don't mind some of the changes and additions because you have to keep in mind that some changes and additions are necessary for translation on-screen.

And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Don't Britta it. Watch Community on NBC

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:36 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by potions_mistres View Post
Even Snape's?
Well except Snape's i assume.

I thought they might start with Voldemort taking the elder wand again.

PS. Fred's death doesn't happen off screen in the book not that that is a reason for it to be on screen here. I think it could still work this way because i have gotten used to the idea ever since the ABC family featurette.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:37 am
Second Year

From the young folk's page:

Quote:
What is the opening sequence? Last scene of Part 1, with Voldemort stealing the Elder Wand. Next we see WB sign. Then we see Snape looking out the Hogwarts tower. Then the title. After we see Harry outside of Dobby’s grave.

Do we see the flashback of the Potter’s deaths? Yes. During Snape’s memory

How is Tonks’ pregnancy and subsequent death handled? We hear about their son during the scene before HArry is about to “die.” He mentions Teddy to the resurrected Lupin then. We don’t see how Tonks dies.

How is Lupin’s death handled? We don’t see him die. Just the body laying next to Tonks. They’re hands stretched toward each other.

Do we see Lupin and Tonks fight? No. We see them about to fight.

Do Lupin and Tonks have many lines? Lupin has more lines. Don’t remember if Tonks says anything. But you see her!

How is Fred’s death handled? It’s so sad! First we see him get disarmed by a death eater. Later we see the Weasley’s crying over his body. Ron sobs over him. I couldn’t stop crying.

How is Percy’s “redemption” handled? Hardly. We just see him at the end with the Weasleys.

Does Mrs. Weasley say “NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU B***H”? YES! EPIC! it was perfect!

Do Hermione, Ginny, and Luna duel Bellatrix? I only saw Ginny duel Bellatrix, until Mrs. Weasley interfered.

Do Snape and McGonagall duel? Yes!

Where does Snape die? In a boat house on Hogwarts grounds.

What happens to Wormtail? We don’t see him in this one.

What happens to Lavender Brown (does Greyback attack her)? Yes, we see her get attacked by Greyback.

Where/when does Harry and Ginny’s kiss (or kisses) take place? Only one kiss. When Ginny sees Harry in the Room of Requirement, when he first gets to Hogwarts. It was just peck. Not a real exciting kiss.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:41 am
Fifth Year

Personally, I don't mind Wormtail's death being cut. Really, how much will the fact that it was Voldemort's hatred of redemption/love that killed him hit the non-readers who haven't seen the silver hand in six years? It won't, and audiences would be very, very confused.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:41 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
Actually, I'm with you on this. I don't mind some of the changes and additions because you have to keep in mind that some changes and additions are necessary for translation on-screen.
You say you don't mind SOME of the changes. In my comment that he was replying to, I meant that they often add a scene that a lot of people don't like (of course not everyone shares the same opinions on anything), but of course they'll add many other scenes that help the book to screen translation and that are very well-received.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:42 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFanNewbie View Post
That is frustrating if this is true and we don't see Wormtail agan. In the book there was meaning and reason behind his death that would have been just asquick to get through in Pt1 so I always assumed the had something good planned for Pt2. Ever since HBP when they seemed to be reminding us of his silver hand by having it prominently shown in the scene at Spinner's End I figured they would still have him killed by the hnd that Voldemort gave him.
I can't believe they cut Wormtail! Not every character needs a conclusion, but heck, if they show Lavendar getting attacked by Greyback, why not give us a conclusion for Wormtail? He appeared in two films and had a major role in Harry's life. Oh, well.

I'm curious about the reports of a Godric's Hollow flashback. I wonder if it was a quick rush of snapshots, like in Part 1, or an honest-to-goodness flashback of the night it happened.

Second Year

How much do we trust theyoungfolks site? Beause they said there was only 1 Harry Ginny kiss that wa just a peck in the ROR, which doesn't seem to mesh with the kiss we have seen in trailers.

Registered Animagus

I don't mind them cutting wormtail either. I think that it just isn't at all necessary to the plot and with the short run time they need to keep it to the necessary.

Fifth Year

Ok, I'm frustrated that Wormtail was ignored. That is incredibly lazy filmmaking. And Teddy just being mentioned is so ugh. That's very disappointing.

~ A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:45 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
How much do we trust theyoungfolks site? Beause they said there was only 1 Harry Ginny kiss that wa just a peck in the ROR, which doesn't seem to mesh with the kiss we have seen in trailers.
Don't forget that not everything that's in the trailers makes it into the movie. I'm sure there is a lot that ends up on the cutting room floor.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:47 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Don't forget that not everything that's in the trailers makes it into the movie. I'm sure there is a lot that ends up on the cutting room floor.
I find it hard to imagine they'd exclude that kiss... It just seemed quite vital to the plot.

Okay, it's not. But it looked like they put a lot of effort into that shot.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:48 am
Second Year

Quote:
True, but I am just feeling a little doubtful with some of the answers and that was one that stood out because it has been shown in multiple places so I would think it would be less likely to be cut.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:49 am
Third Year

Quote:
True, but I am just feeling a little doubtful with some of the answers and that was one that stood out because it has been shown in multiple places so I would think it would be less likely to be cut.
It's also possible that she just forgot that it happened, or looked away for a moment and didn't see it. She only saw the movie once and couldn't possibly have taken everything in. I think I trust this source because they were there for DH1.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References