Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3



 
 
Thread Tools
  #141  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:31 am
potions_mistres  Female.gif potions_mistres is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1350 days
Location: Louisville, KY
Age: 27
Posts: 125
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
I have thought it would be the case also but still strange to hear it confirmed. All the deaths are off screen.
Even Snape's?


__________________
Proud Slytherin


Severus Snape ~ The Boy Who Loved
Sponsored Links
  #142  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:32 am
dreyesbo's Avatar
dreyesbo  Male.gif dreyesbo is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 3744 days
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 23
Posts: 365
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

I think the underwhelming scene is either Fred's death (if it happens off screen, as mentioned) or King's Cross.


  #143  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:32 am
Wimsey's Avatar
Wimsey  Male.gif Wimsey is offline
Curse Breaker
 
Joined: 3577 days
Location: What day is it?
Posts: 6,989
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherD View Post
Hmmmm...well that's a rather unsatisfying end to Wormtail. Maybe she just didn't catch Wormtail's death in Part 2? *crosses fingers* If he doesn't die in part 2, then it is really disappointing that they didn't have him die the way he died in the book in Part 1.
eh, Pettigrew's death was a crashing flop in the book, too. People really thought that it would wind up being pivotal and redeeming; instead, well, it wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred_Memories View Post
He's a non-reader who teared up a few times and said:
This actually is important to know. Too many readers simply compare the film to the book, and give us no idea if it's a good movie or not. Non-readers are much better able to judge because they have no preconceptions.


__________________
(It doubles for The Hobbit, too!)
If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired. Otherwise don't put it there.” - A. P. Chekhov, Gurlyand's Reminiscences, and who knew why the Dog was long before the Shack!
  #144  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:33 am
jallen's Avatar
jallen  Male.gif jallen is offline
Fifth Year
 
Joined: 2078 days
Location: Canada
Posts: 810
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by potions_mistres View Post
Even Snape's?
I doubt Snape's will be offscreen. I doubt all of them will be, too. I'm sure just Fred's will be excluded while it wasn't in the book.


__________________
  #145  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:33 am
me_potter_fan  Male.gif me_potter_fan is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 3507 days
Location: Who Cares?
Age: 22
Posts: 620
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
What is the opening sequence? Last scene of Part 1, with Voldemort stealing the Elder Wand. Next we see WB sign. Then we see Snape looking out the Hogwarts tower. Then the title. After we see Harry outside of Dobby’s grave.
YAY it starts in the same way as Back to the Future Sequels!


__________________


‘And now – piertotum locomotor!’ cried Professor McGonagall. And all along the corridor the statues and suits of armour jumped down from their plinths, and from the echoing crashes from the floors above and below, Harry knew that their fellows throughout the castle had done the same.
‘Hogwarts is threatened!’ shouted Professor McGonagall. ‘Man the boundaries, protect us, do your duty to our school!’
Clattering and yelling, the horde of moving statues stampeded past Harry: some of them smaller, others larger than life. There were animals too, and the clanking suits of armour brandished swords and spiked balls on chains.

Pottermore Username: HallowSkull189
  #146  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:35 am
potions_mistres  Female.gif potions_mistres is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1350 days
Location: Louisville, KY
Age: 27
Posts: 125
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

OMG, I just got the youngfolks page to load... they say we will see a potter death flash back during the prince's tale!


__________________
Proud Slytherin


Severus Snape ~ The Boy Who Loved
  #147  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:35 am
HPFanNewbie  Female.gif HPFanNewbie is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1781 days
Location: CA
Posts: 101
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherD View Post
Hmmmm...well that's a rather unsatisfying end to Wormtail. Maybe she just didn't catch Wormtail's death in Part 2? *crosses fingers* If he doesn't die in part 2, then it is really disappointing that they didn't have him die the way he died in the book in Part 1.
That is frustrating if this is true and we don't see Wormtail agan. In the book there was meaning and reason behind his death that would have been just asquick to get through in Pt1 so I always assumed the had something good planned for Pt2. Ever since HBP when they seemed to be reminding us of his silver hand by having it prominently shown in the scene at Spinner's End I figured they would still have him killed by the hnd that Voldemort gave him.


  #148  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:35 am
magic_is_might's Avatar
magic_is_might  Female.gif magic_is_might is offline
Sixth Year
 
Joined: 2593 days
Location: Illinois :)
Age: 22
Posts: 1,016
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimsey View Post
Actually, some of us: often others of us see why they made the change!
Actually, I'm with you on this. I don't mind some of the changes and additions because you have to keep in mind that some changes and additions are necessary for translation on-screen.


__________________

And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Don't Britta it. Watch Community on NBC

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
  #149  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:36 am
decarus  Female.gif decarus is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 2171 days
Location: Averalaan
Posts: 4,149
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by potions_mistres View Post
Even Snape's?
Well except Snape's i assume.

I thought they might start with Voldemort taking the elder wand again.

PS. Fred's death doesn't happen off screen in the book not that that is a reason for it to be on screen here. I think it could still work this way because i have gotten used to the idea ever since the ABC family featurette.


  #150  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:37 am
potions_mistres  Female.gif potions_mistres is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1350 days
Location: Louisville, KY
Age: 27
Posts: 125
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

From the young folk's page:

Quote:
What is the opening sequence? Last scene of Part 1, with Voldemort stealing the Elder Wand. Next we see WB sign. Then we see Snape looking out the Hogwarts tower. Then the title. After we see Harry outside of Dobby’s grave.

Do we see the flashback of the Potter’s deaths? Yes. During Snape’s memory

How is Tonks’ pregnancy and subsequent death handled? We hear about their son during the scene before HArry is about to “die.” He mentions Teddy to the resurrected Lupin then. We don’t see how Tonks dies.

How is Lupin’s death handled? We don’t see him die. Just the body laying next to Tonks. They’re hands stretched toward each other.

Do we see Lupin and Tonks fight? No. We see them about to fight.

Do Lupin and Tonks have many lines? Lupin has more lines. Don’t remember if Tonks says anything. But you see her!

How is Fred’s death handled? It’s so sad! First we see him get disarmed by a death eater. Later we see the Weasley’s crying over his body. Ron sobs over him. I couldn’t stop crying.

How is Percy’s “redemption” handled? Hardly. We just see him at the end with the Weasleys.

Does Mrs. Weasley say “NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU B***H”? YES! EPIC! it was perfect!

Do Hermione, Ginny, and Luna duel Bellatrix? I only saw Ginny duel Bellatrix, until Mrs. Weasley interfered.

Do Snape and McGonagall duel? Yes!

Where does Snape die? In a boat house on Hogwarts grounds.

What happens to Wormtail? We don’t see him in this one.

What happens to Lavender Brown (does Greyback attack her)? Yes, we see her get attacked by Greyback.

Where/when does Harry and Ginny’s kiss (or kisses) take place? Only one kiss. When Ginny sees Harry in the Room of Requirement, when he first gets to Hogwarts. It was just peck. Not a real exciting kiss.


__________________
Proud Slytherin


Severus Snape ~ The Boy Who Loved
  #151  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:41 am
jallen's Avatar
jallen  Male.gif jallen is offline
Fifth Year
 
Joined: 2078 days
Location: Canada
Posts: 810
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Personally, I don't mind Wormtail's death being cut. Really, how much will the fact that it was Voldemort's hatred of redemption/love that killed him hit the non-readers who haven't seen the silver hand in six years? It won't, and audiences would be very, very confused.


__________________
  #152  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:41 am
chunky_monkey  Female.gif chunky_monkey is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 3584 days
Location: Montreal
Age: 24
Posts: 349
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
Actually, I'm with you on this. I don't mind some of the changes and additions because you have to keep in mind that some changes and additions are necessary for translation on-screen.
You say you don't mind SOME of the changes. In my comment that he was replying to, I meant that they often add a scene that a lot of people don't like (of course not everyone shares the same opinions on anything), but of course they'll add many other scenes that help the book to screen translation and that are very well-received.


  #153  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:42 am
gabriele87  Undisclosed.gif gabriele87 is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1567 days
Posts: 196
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFanNewbie View Post
That is frustrating if this is true and we don't see Wormtail agan. In the book there was meaning and reason behind his death that would have been just asquick to get through in Pt1 so I always assumed the had something good planned for Pt2. Ever since HBP when they seemed to be reminding us of his silver hand by having it prominently shown in the scene at Spinner's End I figured they would still have him killed by the hnd that Voldemort gave him.
I can't believe they cut Wormtail! Not every character needs a conclusion, but heck, if they show Lavendar getting attacked by Greyback, why not give us a conclusion for Wormtail? He appeared in two films and had a major role in Harry's life. Oh, well.

I'm curious about the reports of a Godric's Hollow flashback. I wonder if it was a quick rush of snapshots, like in Part 1, or an honest-to-goodness flashback of the night it happened.


  #154  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:42 am
HPFanNewbie  Female.gif HPFanNewbie is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1781 days
Location: CA
Posts: 101
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

How much do we trust theyoungfolks site? Beause they said there was only 1 Harry Ginny kiss that wa just a peck in the ROR, which doesn't seem to mesh with the kiss we have seen in trailers.


  #155  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:42 am
decarus  Female.gif decarus is offline
Registered Animagus
 
Joined: 2171 days
Location: Averalaan
Posts: 4,149
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

I don't mind them cutting wormtail either. I think that it just isn't at all necessary to the plot and with the short run time they need to keep it to the necessary.


  #156  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:42 am
Sacred_Memories's Avatar
Sacred_Memories  Male.gif Sacred_Memories is offline
Fifth Year
 
Joined: 2656 days
Location: Godric's Hollow
Age: 21
Posts: 985
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Ok, I'm frustrated that Wormtail was ignored. That is incredibly lazy filmmaking. And Teddy just being mentioned is so ugh. That's very disappointing.


__________________

~ A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~
  #157  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:45 am
AnotherD  Undisclosed.gif AnotherD is offline
Fourth Year
 
Joined: 1402 days
Location: Ohio
Age: 41
Posts: 615
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFanNewbie View Post
How much do we trust theyoungfolks site? Beause they said there was only 1 Harry Ginny kiss that wa just a peck in the ROR, which doesn't seem to mesh with the kiss we have seen in trailers.
Don't forget that not everything that's in the trailers makes it into the movie. I'm sure there is a lot that ends up on the cutting room floor.


  #158  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:47 am
jallen's Avatar
jallen  Male.gif jallen is offline
Fifth Year
 
Joined: 2078 days
Location: Canada
Posts: 810
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherD View Post
Don't forget that not everything that's in the trailers makes it into the movie. I'm sure there is a lot that ends up on the cutting room floor.
I find it hard to imagine they'd exclude that kiss... It just seemed quite vital to the plot.

Okay, it's not. But it looked like they put a lot of effort into that shot.


__________________
  #159  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:48 am
HPFanNewbie  Female.gif HPFanNewbie is offline
Second Year
 
Joined: 1781 days
Location: CA
Posts: 101
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherD View Post
Don't forget that not everything that's in the trailers makes it into the movie. I'm sure there is a lot that ends up on the cutting room floor.
True, but I am just feeling a little doubtful with some of the answers and that was one that stood out because it has been shown in multiple places so I would think it would be less likely to be cut.


  #160  
Old April 3rd, 2011, 1:49 am
chunky_monkey  Female.gif chunky_monkey is offline
Third Year
 
Joined: 3584 days
Location: Montreal
Age: 24
Posts: 349
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFanNewbie View Post
True, but I am just feeling a little doubtful with some of the answers and that was one that stood out because it has been shown in multiple places so I would think it would be less likely to be cut.
It's also possible that she just forgot that it happened, or looked away for a moment and didn't see it. She only saw the movie once and couldn't possibly have taken everything in. I think I trust this source because they were there for DH1.


 
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:58 am.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.