Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS]

View Poll Results: Favourite trailer scene?
Young Lily and Petunia on the meadow 58 27.49%
Voldemort at Malfoy Manor 26 12.32%
Gringotts ride 20 9.48%
Images of Snape. 84 39.81%
The moving statues 43 20.38%
Battle scenes 83 39.34%
Molly and Bellatrix's duel 42 19.91%
Harry dragging Voldemort with him from the tower 56 26.54%
Fiendfyre scenes 31 14.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 28th, 2011, 9:56 am
Embroidered by imaginatio

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS]

Welcome to the fourth version of the DH Part Two thread.
versions 1, 2, 3

Be aware: The purpose of this thread is to discuss any movie news coming from official sources only. You can discuss the movie plot based on the information we have so far. If you don't want to be spoiled, this isn't the thread for you.

Examples of things you may link to or discuss:
  • official trailers or TV spots, such as those released on WB's official youtube account - NO ILLEGAL LINKS
  • leaked photos, but please no hotlinking
  • leaked scripts, but please take them with a grain of salt as no leaks are guaranteed genuine

Please put big stills/promotional material under expanded tags.
They look like this: [expand=Subject line]Pictures go here.[/expand]

Any questions about the running of the thread, also known as thread logistics, should go via owl to the mods.

Be polite to each other, respect each others opinions and please remember that we do not allow chatting in the thread (chat posts will be deleted).
Chatting can be done here: Pitchside: Halftime Chat v14

Now, this is not a thread to discuss DH1 or say how much you loved it or hated it or whatever it is your feelings may be. This is to discuss the final installment of Harry Potter films and where things will be going from here.

________

With the new trailer there are a lot of new scenes to discuss.

Which trailer scene is your favourite?

There are some obvious newly written moments in the trailer that are not in the book (Harry jumping from a tower and dragging Voldemort with him). Do you like those new additions?

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2011, 10:07 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part Two [incl. SPOILERS] v.4

Ugh, it's been torture having to wait this long to see the trailer!!!!!!!!

It' is pretty amazing I love lots of stuff that they included in this trailer, although I am still a little bit sceptical about the cliff thing.

However, that is bound to be less than 1% of the final film, and by the looks of things the other 99% will be awesome

Edit: I also want to say that the structure of the castle has never looked better! I wish that they didn't have to change it so much though, like the suits of armour appearing in the entrance hall for the first time ever

A true - CoS and Pottermore!

Going to miss CoS? I've started a free HP forums for any CoS refugees. Find it at this link.
CoS is an amazing forum and will be difficult to replace.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; April 28th, 2011 at 10:10 am.
Old April 28th, 2011, 10:29 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
Ugh, it's been torture having to wait this long to see the trailer!!!!!!!!

It' is pretty amazing I love lots of stuff that they included in this trailer, although I am still a little bit sceptical about the cliff thing.
I think sceptical is the best word to use about that part, but it certainly wont take anything away from the film I feel.

GO CHECK IT OUT!!!
Old April 28th, 2011, 10:48 am
Second Year

the shot with the statues marching looks very Lord of the Rings-esque. I like the part when Harry drags Voldemort with him, very dramatic. I look forward to the battle scenes.

Old April 28th, 2011, 11:09 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugniD View Post
I think sceptical is the best word to use about that part, but it certainly wont take anything away from the film I feel.

That's the same why I feel I think, I was a little disappointed when I saw the clip last night but as people said in the previous version of this thread it was out of context, and it in no way ruined my excitement about the trailer, or made me not look forward to the film! It was interesting showing the trailer to my mum this morning, she's seen it once but when I watched it with her she pointed out the cliff fall bit and goes "Ooh this my favourite bit of the trailer!" so I think it's done the job

Just looking at all the Hogwarts and battle shots in the HD version makes you realise how visually amazing this film is going to be that's the main reason I voted for the battle shots in the poll, even the firing of spells looks more impressive than usual!

Proud Pottermore and CoS Hufflepuff!
Old April 28th, 2011, 11:23 am
Fifth Year

It seems I have a lot to catch up on!

The trailer was absolutely spectacular, I thought. All the shots of Hogwarts were superb (particularly the exterioir) and my new favorite scene will be the bridge breaking, just because I want to see it die.

I don't think badly of the cliff scene. It won't affect the overall film, I believe, and it actually does look pretty good, particularly in cinematography.

Snape's backstory looks incredible thus far, it'll definitely be a huge highlight of the film. The battle itself looks like it'll be gorgeous; I just hope there won't be too much action it gets boring, like in Transformers 3.

Old April 28th, 2011, 11:31 am
Seventh Year

The trailer looked absolutely epic, Hogwarts just looks absolutely amazing. The whole trailer just stunned me, It looks so much better than I anticipated.

Even my mum who has never really been too interested in Harry Potter had her mouth hanging open throughout the whole thing and then continued to get extremely excited about watching it in the cinemas.

The cliff scene with Voldemort and Harry shocked me, not in a bad way but I can't wait to see that scene in full.
There was a slight Lord of the rings feel to it in parts too, and I have to admit some parts look, not scary but really intense!

I honestly cannot wait for this to come out!

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Old April 28th, 2011, 11:39 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SopophorousBean View Post
That's the same why I feel I think, I was a little disappointed when I saw the clip last night but as people said in the previous version of this thread it was out of context, and it in no way ruined my excitement about the trailer, or made me not look forward to the film! It was interesting showing the trailer to my mum this morning, she's seen it once but when I watched it with her she pointed out the cliff fall bit and goes "Ooh this my favourite bit of the trailer!" so I think it's done the job

Just looking at all the Hogwarts and battle shots in the HD version makes you realise how visually amazing this film is going to be that's the main reason I voted for the battle shots in the poll, even the firing of spells looks more impressive than usual!
Yates and Co were always going to be in a lose-lose situation concerning the whole Harry/Voldemort battle as far as Im concerned there will always be those who wanted a canon styled duel and those who felt the book ending didnt live up to the hype and now we see this extended duel with a tower dive added in for cinematic effect. It will certainly be a topic of conversation over the next few months and long after the second part has been released.

Me, Im just going to enjoy these next few bittersweet months because I know Ive been fortunate to be part of one of the biggest film franchises that there probably ever will be.

GO CHECK IT OUT!!!
Old April 28th, 2011, 1:03 pm
Registered Animagus

I haven't given my full opinion of the trailer, so here goes (in chronological order as best as I can do.)

- Love Hedwig's Theme at the beginning, and how it coordinates with the first few scenes.
- Snape walking into Godric's Hollow... this whole scene is going to be stunning.
- Diadem! Beautiful!
- So happy young Petunia is in the movie. Lily looks great too! Notice the flower? Now remember Slughorn's story? Lily must be good at making flowers with magic.
- Two hands reaching out. Almost obvious they are Lily and Harry's.
- Voldemort opening his eyes (perhaps after King's Cross scene?
- Voldemort's rage on Malfoy Manor: quick shot of Greyback getting hit through glass. (Not dead though, he has a scene with Lavender later).
- Trio jumping into water - probably from the dragon's back.
- More Malfoy Manor rage - this is going to be powerful! Nagini is going to be in the movie so much!
- Guess I should mention Voldemort's speech. Sounds a little quiet and calm. Hmm.
- Dragon with the trio on its back. Notice its eyes - blind! And the little goblin running away from fire. Hehe!
- Knight jumping down from out of nowhere. SO EPIC! Also, before he jumps you can see the Snape-shaped hole.
- Love the "Only One Can Live" Title.
- Snape at Harry's house - love the lightning in this scene! So powerful!
- Spells hitting Hogwarts - oh, this is going to be epic!
- Kingsley guarding Harry, Ron, Hermione, Arthur, Neville. Ron's just standing there, staring at Hermione. I think this must be when Harry reveals himself to be alive... maybe.
- Favorite shot of the trailer - Spells colliding into the protection barrier over Hogwarts. Looks like fireworks. My wallpaper shot!
- Narcissa looking great.
- Oliver Wood!!! Leading his broom-flying troops into battle! Quick shot of a Quidditch Pole-wielding Giant! Gotta be quick to see it!
- Knights marching - absolutely brilliant. Loved the knights in the book.
- Nagini diving, possibly out of her protections! Love the Nagini jump effects in the movies.
- "I never wanted any of you to die for me" - I'm gonna have to wait for this one to see in the movie before I give a full opinion on it. I need to see Harry's emotions.
- Another Nagini sighting! This time with Voldemort and Bellatrix. Voldemort blowing the protections. Looks better than we've seen in recent trailers!
- Remus and Tonks holding hands. Someone running in the background behind Tonks. No idea who!
- Epic shot of the protection failing. Boathouse sighting!
- Harry and Voldy's epic cliff jump. Some people don't like it. I do! It will be great! And he calls Voldemort "Tom!" Epic Harry FTW!
- Snape turning into his bat-smoke-like creature. Notice a knocked-out/dead person behind him. A Carrow?
- Love the Room of Requirement shots! Ron and Hermione (holding hands, eek!) running from a large dragon or lion shaped flame!
- Two giants battling in the courtyard. They look great!
- RoR - Harry casting a spell - Aguamenti or the shield-spell, can't tell which. Epic Fireballs!!!
- Bridge explosion. Snatchers (Scabior!) falling! This will be a favorite scene of mine!
- Snatchers running into protections and disentigrating. Skeletons! So cool!
- Molly versus Bellatrix! Molly casts a spell and Bellatrix shields it off first. This battle will be great!
- Dragon over Diagon Alley w/trio on back - The size of him! WOW!
- Harry running through rubble, seeing something. Hmm....
- Epicly awesome tracking shot of Death Eaters casting spells toward Hogwarts! Love this shot!
- Voldemort trying to hit Harry with a spell. Harry deflects it.
- And finally, Harry in the middle of his final duel with Voldemort, probably looking at Neville fighting Nagini! This will be so suspenseful and cool!

Over-all this is my favorite trailer ever! I never expected this much epicness in this short time of a trailer. It is so amazing!

Currently Working On:
What Next? (Sequel to "What If?")

Story:
Update: Chapter 13 up!
Feedback

Last edited by Fury; April 28th, 2011 at 1:11 pm.
Old April 28th, 2011, 1:31 pm
Third Year

Wow ... i just saw it for the first time and i have no words to describe my feelings right now

Hedwig's theme in the beginning filled my eyes with tears, and EVERYTHING in the trailer looks spectacular !

I have never been a fan of the way they do the final duel. But now...ill just let them do it the way they want. The movie is going to be great anyway

"The stories we love best, do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by
the big screen, Hogwarts will allways be there to welcome you home"

- JK Rowling
Old April 28th, 2011, 1:47 pm
Third Year

Wow the trailer's pretty good to say the least, I watched it 5 times straight after first seeing it, I finally got over here to post my opinion however many hours later.

I Like all the battle sequences particularly the Fiendfyre scene and the scene where the Bridge collapses and all the emotional scene particularly the brief shot of Tonks, the look of resignation

I don't mind the idea of an extented battle sequence between Harry and Voldemort, but from what we've heard they've drawn it out for about 15 minutes (which is a Loooooong time) I mean they could easily have just added a few spells back and forth before the war of words (which they've cut out) and to be honest I'm not sure Harry would be so bold/confident as too throw himself and Voldemort over that precipise and the line beforehand seems like its been shoehorned in there just so that Harry can still call him Tom without the other dialog. Anyway enough about that I'm sure it will be awesume in its own way much like the rest of the film

Erm... I think they slightly over used Voldemorts battle cry (for want of a better word) I find it quite comical really the way its presented in the trailer periodically.

CONSTANT VIGILANCE,If It Has To Come To Force,Then It Will
You Have To Be Prepared For What Your Up Against!!
What Are Your Strengths?
Old April 28th, 2011, 2:04 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I have "converted " two of my fellow teachers at school and they are sort of hooked up but just with the films, yet yesterday I linked them to the trailer and one of them asked via chat of course : " Why is Harry trying to Strangle Voldemort, that is very mugglish , isnt it? "

All I was able to tell her was that: first of all, that was not in the book, that they had spiced it up a bit and that probably, since Voldemort cant stand love maybe Harry was not trying to strangle him but hug him, that being the most silly response as I could have come up with. ( Pathetic, I know )
Then I added, I have no idea why they did that and promised to let her read the REAL final duel when she has watched the film.

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Old April 28th, 2011, 2:14 pm
Registered Animagus

Something I figured out while watching the trailer:

Okay so you know how test-screeners said that Ron and Hermione reveal they are together to people sometime in the movie and it turns out to be a really cute scene?

Well, in the scene with Kingsley, Ron is standing there, staring at Hermione. I think Hermione, lost in the moment of war, says "I love you" to Ron, and Ron just stands there like... "What did you just say?". Hermione might not even realize she said those words!

Currently Working On:

Story:
Feedback

Old April 28th, 2011, 2:34 pm
Fourth Year

I've just seen it, is it me or someone screams Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh too much?

Old April 28th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausBaudelaire View Post
I've just seen it, is it me or someone screams Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh too much?
It's Voldemort... and yes, that is the major complaint I see everywhere I go.

Currently Working On:

Story:
Feedback

Old April 28th, 2011, 2:40 pm
Zonko's Employee

Good trailer.

I liked the little glimpses of Lily, Petunia, Narcissa and Tonks.

Emma's acting, once again, looks very promising.

On Harry v. Voldemort and that final duel ... although I like their final confrontation in the book, I understand why it might not work so well on film.

After all, Peter Jackson changed Frodo's final confrontation with Gollum on Mount Doom. That, too, was different from the way Tolkien wrote it ... but it worked well on screen.

Old April 28th, 2011, 2:57 pm
Seventh Year

Wow. I almost cried. The opening few shots and the slow creepy music.. gah. And Lily & Petunia... the flower. Wow.

Old April 28th, 2011, 3:03 pm
Second Year

I was really impressed with the trailer. I'd like to make a few points!

"Negatives"

-The repeated scream of Voldemort was hilarious at some point. Why did they use it so many times? This has to do with the editing of the trailer, though. It didn't really annoy me, but I found it really weird! Anyway!
-The visual effects aren't polished yet and I think this is quite obvious in the landscapes or in some close-up shots (the Knight falling on the floor, the flower petal growing), but I'm sure that the finished product will be amazing.

Now, everything else was epic. I've got to say that all shots of Snape and the beautiful shot of Petunia and Lily in the meadow are the highlights of the trailer. I just can't wait to watch the Prince's tale on the big screen. It looks so beautiful, sad and emotional.

The Gringotts break-in looks like another highlight in the film. Epic sweeping shots of the dragon escaping, the mad ride in the caverns of the bank...great stuff!

I adore Voldemort's scene with all the dead people in the Malfoy Manor. Really intriguing and chilling.

The battle itself looks amazing. The Snatchers disintegrating, running in the middle of the forbidden forest, falling off the collapsing wooden bridge, the Death Eaters shooting balls of light to the castle, Voldemort destroying the protection forcefield, the tracking shots of the battle in the courtyard with Giants and broom-troopers (hey Oliver Wood!), the very intense raw and gray cinematography during the second phase of the battle and, of course, the visual highlight which was the cliff dive of Harry and Voldemort. It seemed like a scene out of Return of the King. Truly amazing.

Old April 28th, 2011, 3:08 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post

Okay so you know how test-screeners said that Ron and Hermione reveal they are together to people sometime in the movie and it turns out to be a really cute scene?

Well, in the scene with Kingsley, Ron is standing there, staring at Hermione. I think Hermione, lost in the moment of war, says "I love you" to Ron, and Ron just stands there like... "What did you just say?". Hermione might not even realize she said those words!
That's a good idea! I wonder if they say 'I love you' at all?We havent heard if they do or not.

When is this moment? Is this after Harry comes back to life?

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old April 28th, 2011, 3:28 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post

I thought it was odd that Ron appears to just be standing there while Kingsley is defending them. I am curious as to what is going on! Does Hermione say I love you to Ron in the books?

WAIT! Ok, so this scene with Kingsley blocking a curse you can see Ron, Hermione, Neville, Arthur...I think this happens shortly after that scene where we see Ginny running and yelling "Nooo!" The same people are in both shots, it's in the same general area, too. Maybe Ron is looking at Harry like "Where did you come from"?

Last edited by AnotherD; April 28th, 2011 at 3:35 pm.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References