Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone

Which minor characters in the series do you want to know more about?

Old July 21st, 2011, 7:08 pm
First Year

Re: Which minor characters in the series do you want to know more about?

I totally agree. One of my favorite minor characters are Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom. The movies should have put more information about them since these two characters helped Harry in the final battle between good and evil.

Knowledge is power

Proud supporter of Hermione Granger aka Emma Watson

Proud member of the Ravenclaw House.

Proud to be White and Nerdy.
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2011, 8:32 pm
Second Year

The Malfoy family. I find them extremely interesting and I'd like to learn about their past and how Lucius became a Death Eater. Also, I'd love to learn more about Draco's childhood.

©GryffnSoldier
| USE KNOWLEDGE FOR POWER |
PROUD SLYTHERCLAW

HereThere
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:04 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
I woulkd love a - Arthur Weasley and his Muggle Adventures!
It's a pity his muggle craze was always cut short, I always found it quite amusing!
"So, Hermione," Mr. Weasley said contentedly, stepping back, his hands still on Hermione's shoulders. "Welcome to the family."

"Thanks, sir."

"Call me Dad. Could I speak with you a moment?"

"Umm, certainly." Hermione turned back over her shoulder at Ron, who was poring over business plans with George but glanced up to give her a little nudge of his head. She followed Mr. Weasley to the kitchen, who looked around furtively.

"I've asked Ron about this, but he doesn't know, and Harry keeps putting me off." Mr. Weasley paused a moment, as if gathering his courage. "I imagine there must be something you three are keeping secret from me." Hermione couldn't keep a look of bemused curiosity off her face. "So, tell me: What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"

"Sir?"

"Call me Dad. So...out with it, then?" He was rubbing his hands together rather excitedly now.

"Well," Hermione began, a little flustered. "What it does is--well, one takes it, and--"

"Wait, wait just a moment." Mr. Weasley positively scampered off to the den, opened a drawer, then returned momentarily with a small yellow rubber duck. "Don't tell Molly," he said, putting his finger to his lips. He held the duck out expectantly to Hermione, who reached out uncertainly to take it from him.

"So...Dad," began Hermione, looking rather determinedly at Mr. Weasley, "you take it and you..." She squeezed the duck, which let out a meek little quack, and looked lamely back up at Mr. Weasley.

"Yes, I noticed that," said Mr. Weasley triumphantly, not really noticing Hermione. "So, being well aware of the ingeniousness of Muggles, I imagine they have a million uses. Did you know that they float, too?"

"Yes, I was only--" Hermione began.

"Just think! You're a Muggle, stranded at sea. You have no boat, and you're obviously incapable of casting Supernato, or else you wouldn't be stranded. What to do? You let these clever ducks out, and they alert any passersby to your predicament."

"I don't think that--" Hermione looked around wildly, but Mr. Weasley was not to be put off so easily.

"Or, I've always wondered, what do Muggles do in place of protection charms? Doesn't the solution present itself immediately? One simply places an array of rubber ducks below any window or door leading into one's home, and any intruders will announce themselves with a chorus of quacks. Brilliant!"

"But I--"

"I haven't told you the best one yet. Imagine you're driving a car, an ordinary non-flying one, and the bricks go out--"

"The brakes," Hermione corrected him automatically.

"Yes, those, precisely! So then you take a bunch of these ducks, perhaps twenty, and--"

"Arthur Weasley!" Mrs. Weasley was standing in the doorway, her hands on her hips.

"Yes, dear?" Mr. Weasley stood up with a start, and Hermione thought he looked rather like a schoolboy caught in a transgression.

Mrs. Weasley ignored him and turned to Hermione, who was still holding the duck. "Dear, Mr. Weasley hasn't been trying to wheedle a rubber duck out of you again, has he?"

"Why, no, Mrs--Mom, I mean. He hasn't--"

"Well, best put that back in your pocket before he nicks it, dear," Mrs. Weasley said, patting Hermione on the head and passing back out of the kitchen, barely before Mr. Weasley winked at her and said, "We'll talk more later." Hermione tried not to look too encouragingly at him before making her way back to the sitting room.

Last edited by BrianTung; July 21st, 2011 at 10:35 pm.
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:03 pm
First Year

I'd like to learn more about the Founders of Hogwarts. We know a bit about Salazar but not much. There is so much about Hogwarts we don't know and learning about the Founders seems like a good place to start. Hopefully Pottermore will reveal some new information!

Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:33 am
Second Year

The adventures of Ernie MacMillan.

No, seriously. Favorite male character in the book. Big fan.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:58 am
First Year

Talking about minor characters..there are major ones I'd love to know more about..Sirius and Lupin, for instance!! And James..and, and...
Back on topic- of course Charley Weasly, Professor Flitwick and Professor McGonagal are favourites. Also: Dobby, Victor Krum and Dean Thomas are veery interesting..

Old July 22nd, 2011, 2:26 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palanthas View Post
I totally agree. One of my favorite minor characters are Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom. The movies should have put more information about them since these two characters helped Harry in the final battle between good and evil.
I've actually always considered Luna and Neville as being major characters in the series, with Luna probably being the most "well known" of the Ravenclaws. They're obviously not as major as the trio, but I think they're still definitely up there....

As for who I would pick... hmm.... I would say either Professor McGonagal or Argus Filch. Peeves would be interesting as well, though.

Member of Ravenclaw on CoS & Member of Slytherin on Pottermore!

Wand: 13 inches, Blackthorn, Dragon Heartstring, Hard.

Go Falcons & Go Dolphins!
Old July 22nd, 2011, 3:18 am
Second Year

Professor Flitwick. Hands down.

Hissy Hissy Little Snakey
Pottermore:WolfsbaneMarauder33
Wand: Dragon Black Walnut 11 1/2 in. unyielding
Old July 22nd, 2011, 3:26 am
Fourth Year

This may be off beat, but I woiuld want to know about Neville's grandmother and family. Obviously, Neville's parents were just as formidable as the Potter's or they would have never met their ill fate. also, his grandmother was a prfoud woman who seemed stern, was it out of fear, love, pride? Just a few things that I've always wondered

Old July 22nd, 2011, 3:52 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlove1 View Post
This may be off beat, but I woiuld want to know about Neville's grandmother and family. Obviously, Neville's parents were just as formidable as the Potter's or they would have never met their ill fate. also, his grandmother was a prfoud woman who seemed stern, was it out of fear, love, pride? Just a few things that I've always wondered
I agree. When Neville's grandmother made an appearance in the last book saying how proud she was of Neville and then went off to fight that's when I really wanted to learn more about his family.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:40 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusLupinFan View Post
There are several minor characters I want to know more about:
  • Ollivander - This man is a pretty intriguing and mysterious character. I'd love to know what his first name is, how long he's been in the wand-making business, why he remembers every wand he's ever sold, and why he comes off as such a creepy guy. I believe he's also mentioned to have silvery eyes, and I wonder why that is.
  • Regulus Black - Though we can guess what Regulus was like as a youngster before turning from the Death Eaters, I've always wanted to know more about him from the point he started realizing the Death Eaters weren't his thing until he died. I know Kreacher tells us a bunch about him in DH, but I'd like to know more.
  • Professor Flitwick - Flitwick is one of my favorite Hogwarts Professors. I'd love to know his background, why he's so tiny, how he got interested in Charms, how good at dueling he really is, if he has a spouse/family.
  • Professor McGonagall - Like Flitwick, McGonagall is one of my favorite Hogwarts Professors. I'd love to know what she was like as a girl, if she has a spouse/family, why she became an animagus and why her form is a cat.
  • Theodore Nott - The information linked in the opening post is intriguing (otherwise I'd probably not be too curious). I'd have loved it if Rowling had made public the scene she mentions where Nott is talking to Malfoy. In general, I'd like to better know a couple of the other Slytherins also, like Blaise Zabini.
Flitwick is so tiny because he his believed to have goblin blood in him, i think it was his great great grandfather

Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:46 am
Seventh Year

Does wanting to know more about Remus Lupin and Sirius Black count? Or are they major characters? And I am dying to know more about Dean Thomas...JK has said in interviews that he was supposed to have a bigger role and that she has his entire life mapped out...sigh

The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders...
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:49 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by padfootrules View Post
Does wanting to know more about Remus Lupin and Sirius Black count? Or are they major characters?
I'd consider them more major characters. But there is still so much we don't know about them and the rest of the Marauders. Very interesting characters!

"It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting,
for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated."

Pottermore: OakPhoenix68

Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:17 am
First Year

Lily and James
Nevilles parents
Basically all the original order.

Seamus and Dean

i'll post more later.

Old July 23rd, 2011, 3:47 am
Fourth Year

totally forgot the mauraders!!!! they deserve a mini series. to see them in their school days, with their own adventures, that would be relly neat!

Old July 23rd, 2011, 3:51 am
I want to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by padfootrules View Post
Does wanting to know more about Remus Lupin and Sirius Black count? Or are they major characters?
I consider them major characters too, but I'd certainly love to know more about them, and also James and Peter. Something I've been wondering about is what Peter was like as a young child, what his home life was like, and how he came to be the way he ended up.

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Old July 23rd, 2011, 3:59 am
Second Year

The Marauders and Lily. I'd like to know everything about them.
The ghosts, especially the Fat Friar, since we know least about him.
Terry Boot, I don't know why, but I've always like him a lot, and I'd like to know something about him.
Padma Patil. I've always assumed that she's different from Parvati, as they don't seem to spend much time together.
Fawkes...do animals count? How, where and when did Dumbledore get him?
Theodore Nott. He's like the odd Slytherin out; he doesn't seem to hang around Malfoy and his gang.

Of course, I'd like to know more about just about every character.

"Has Ron saved a goal yet?" asked Hermione.
"Well, he can do it if he thinks no one is watching him," said Fred, rolling his eyes. "So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk among themselves every time the Quaffle goes up on his end Saturday."

Proud Ravenclaw

Pottermore: CentaurCrimson47
Fremione - Because love isn't always canon.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 4:03 am
Registered Animagus

Astoria Greengrass

Pansy Parkinson

Old July 23rd, 2011, 6:57 am
First Year

Lavender Brown she always intriged me from the very first book id love to know what happened.

Seamus Finnigan someone mentioned before in the thread about how his mum managed to keep the secret for so long id also love to know how that played out and what happen to him after the battle

Dean Thomas id love to know the rest of his story that was scrapped

Ernie MacMillan ive always loved him he cracks me up id love to no his backstory

Old July 23rd, 2011, 11:27 am
First Year

Cedric Diggory. I'm somehow intrigued by him because evidently he was a very talented, brave wizard who was in Hufflepuff and therefore also had other important characteristics such as a kind heart and a strong sense of justice. I'd love to know why he of all people was chosen to compete in the Triwizard Tournament or do I just have a poor memory and it was actually stated in GOF?

Charlie Weasley. He seems very interesting, spending his life in Romania with dragons. I'd love to know why he chose such a dangerous job and what exactly his tasks include.

Rubeus Hagrid. Since COS I've always wanted to know more about this character. Since he's a half-giant I'm very curious about his parents.

There are two ways of spreading light:
to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone