Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak

Do you miss speculating?

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:28 am
Second Year

Re: Do you miss speculating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
I was surprised that Jo said people were still writing to her four years later. That was the reason for Pottermore. I heard that Vernon and Petunia met at work. I pictured them meeting at an office party. I could be wrong though. I am still speculating about the characters lives.
She's going to keep getting fan mail for many many years to come so she better be used to it. Also what does she do with her fanmail, I can't imagine that she reads all of it?

YewSpirit36 is waiting for Pottermore
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2011, 6:28 am
First Year

Yessssss! I am waiting for Jo to sit down at her computer and write what happens between the defeat of Voldemort and 19 Years Later. There is a whole big chunk of Harry's life missing in that 19 years and I want to know what happens!!! Did he become an Auror, when did he propose to Ginny, how did the Wizarding World honor him and what class is his Order of Merlin, etc. I'm hoping his life wasn't boringly ordinary in those 19 years and I'll never find out until Jo writes Harry Potter and the Missing 19 Years.

I'm still waiting for the encyclopedia on HP that Jo mentioned. I want to read this "political fairy tale". I want Jo to write an adult book. I just want her to write something else. Anything else! It's been four years since DH was released and I'm living in a Rowling Vacuum, which is why I'm going so crazy for Pottermore.

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:34 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallowsBThyName View Post
Yessssss! I am waiting for Jo to sit down at her computer and write what happens between the defeat of Voldemort and 19 Years Later. There is a whole big chunk of Harry's life missing in that 19 years and I want to know what happens!!! Did he become an Auror, when did he propose to Ginny, how did the Wizarding World honor him and what class is his Order of Merlin, etc. I'm hoping his life wasn't boringly ordinary in those 19 years and I'll never find out until Jo writes Harry Potter and the Missing 19 Years.

I'm still waiting for the encyclopedia on HP that Jo mentioned. I want to read this "political fairy tale". I want Jo to write an adult book. I just want her to write something else. Anything else! It's been four years since DH was released and I'm living in a Rowling Vacuum, which is why I'm going so crazy for Pottermore.
I think that its only a matter of time until Jo writes more HP. The books just mean so much to her fans and one day she will truly realize this and consent to write more HP. Or at least that is what I tell myself.

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:46 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallowsBThyName View Post
Although I would like to know a little bit more, in a vague sense, about all our beloved HP characters, I do love how their future is left (more or less) wide open for us.

As it is, the future of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco; Neville, Luna, Ginny; Seamus, Flitwick, and many others is mostly left to our own imaginations... and I love that.

However, I would love to learn more about their pasts.

The more information about their personal history helps us understand the characters we know and love that much more, and gives us lots to fuel to our imaginations, so we can each individually shape their individual futures in our own minds.

...Ravenclaw at heart

Slythenclaw!
Sig pic by the amazing GryffSolider
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:44 am
First Year

To be honest, I didn't have the time to get into Harry Potter until all the books were out.

RIP Professor Severus Snape

9 January, 1960 - 2 May, 1998
"...Probably the bravest man I ever knew."

proud to be a badger!
Pottermore: MidnightStorm171
Old August 1st, 2011, 12:59 pm
Third Year

You know, this Pottermore stuff is really bringing back the spirit! I got in on the first day but I plan on staying awake to find the rest of the clues, just because it's great to be excited about something HP-related again. I'm glad she chose to do this at such an opportune time and I'm glad it'll take a couple of years to finish, it makes me feel that it hasn't really ended yet

Old August 1st, 2011, 1:05 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryLore View Post
Nah - I'm still speculating. There's so much I don't know and can't figure out. I have high hopes for pottermore.
This ^^

I am really excited to read JKR's notes and developments that she felt were unnecessary to include in the original novels.

I miss the anticipation for each book and movie. That's why I am so in love with Pottermore... it will give us something to look forward to each time a book is added to the website.

I hope JKR continues to write, preferably about other smaller characters, but it is a pipe dream and I know it

Pottermore Battalion: Louisiana division (who needs sleep?)

Sorted on Pottermore as a: SLYTHERIN!
Old August 1st, 2011, 1:37 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I definitely miss speculating furiously about the plot the way we used to before Deathly Hallows - after eight years, I think I've said nearly all I have to say about the books. Though I could be wrong, things still keep popping up in my head sometimes .

But I will say, I'm really looking forward to Pottermore as well as the release of The Scottish Book/Potter encyclopaedia whenever or if at all Jo decides to write and release it, and I'm looking forward to having her put out new information about the characters and the world we love. But I'm quite happy for her to leave some things up to our imaginations, really - that works fine for me.

Last edited by Drusilla; August 1st, 2011 at 1:39 pm.
Old August 1st, 2011, 3:04 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

I joined the online fandom with the release of the HBP book. So I only ever got to speculate about DH. Though it was never the speculation that was the most fun for me, it was discussion/exchange of views with other fans. And that, we still have.

“Death is the only pure, beautiful conclusion of a great passion.”-D. H. Lawrence

All was well.

Avatar by nerwende, signature art by sigune, used with permission.
Old August 1st, 2011, 3:06 pm
First Year

I really miss guessing what would happen in each of the books. I was completely wrong about everything I guessed, apart from there being a massive Hogwarts battle at the very end .

Harry arrived early in the Room of Requirement for the last DA meeting before the holidays and was very glad he had, because when the torches burst into flame he saw that Dobby had taken it upon himself to decorate the place for Christmas. He could tell the elf had done it, because nobody else would have strung a hundred golden baubles from the ceiling, each showing a picture of Harry's face and bearing the legend:
'HAVE A VERY HARRY CHRISTMAS!

Harry Christmas Everybody!
Find me on Pottermore - Nettlestorm14
Old August 1st, 2011, 8:18 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I miss all the theory threads. Those were great fun. I also miss the discussions of what we don't want to happen (Harry waking up in a big brass bed claiming it was all a dream for instance).

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old August 1st, 2011, 8:27 pm
Second Year

Waiting for these clues is bringing back a lot of the excitement and anticipation that the books used to. This morning when the clue came out, my adrenaline was up and I was practically bouncing off the walls. It was like being at a midnight books party, except I was by myself haha

Proud Gryffindor
GoldScale60 POTTERMORE. FOREVERMORE.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 12:27 am
Second Year

I really miss speculating. I miss seeing all the crazy theories and having fun jumping on and helping the creators defend their positions. I may not have agreed with them, but it was always fun to argue with people about some of the more ludicrous ones. There was so hilarious ones floating around at the old forum I used to frequent and it makes me smile to just think of them.

I also miss the lively discussions about horcruxes, and man people sure did get intense about those It was just a lot of fun, I mean I am glad that the wait it over, but at the same time I am a bit sad that there won't be anymore speculation at all.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 1:28 am
First Year

Yes. That's why Pottermore has been so great, even if it's just speculating what time the next clue comes out. Waiting to get into Pottermore early will always be one of my other fandom memories now, along with waiting for HBP and DH and the movies.

the awkward moment when your username is Ravenclaw797 and Pottermore puts you in Gryffindor. but i'm a ravenclaw, through and through

Send me an owl if you want to join the POTTERMORE BATTALION GROUP
http://www.cosforums.com/group.php?groupid=525
and i'll invite you. Everyone who's been posting on the chat threads is basically in the Battalion and therefore needs to join. (Don't be shy!)
Old August 2nd, 2011, 4:40 am
Third Year

I miss it tons. In fact, probably more than anything. As much as I love Harry Potter as a series, there are books out there that I can enjoy to get over it. What I can't do, is find a fan base like the one HP has. I miss everything that came with it (the midnight releases, the films, the theories). Its incredibly difficult for someone like me who has been with this series from the beginning, not to mention my age has typically matched the characters as I grew up. So I kind of grew up with all of this.

Two of the oddest men you would ever meet.

Supporter of splitting at shell cottage after Dobby's Heroic death.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 6:41 am
Second Year

I expect everyone will miss it to some extent, I know i will. I just feel bad I didn't join these forums earlier besides just looking at them for opinions. I will definitely miss speculating with my friends. I just hope jkr says she's going to release something new and give people time to guess what it is.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 6:59 am
Second Year

We can still speculate about what happened in the 19 years between the battle and the epilogue. I know that its not the same but we won't be able to speculate in the same way until Jo announces the release of a new book.

Old August 2nd, 2011, 7:08 am
First Year

Of course. Im sure most people do. I miss waiting for a new book. I miss the excitement of reading the books when they came out. I'm also sad that there are no more movies to look forward to. I pretty much grew up reading/watching Harry Potter. Now there are no more books/movies. Its pretty upsetting in my opinion.

Proudly sorted into Slytherin in Pottermore!

Pottermore: PhoenixSpell56
Registered 8.1.11
Old August 2nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Second Year

I miss it but I also don't because it's not over. Even after pottermore, I doubt we'll know everything. So there is always room for speculation. I am not even sure I'll have time for pottermore now but I let myslef get excited in speculation, hints, and clues because I miss this with the books. It almost feels like the old days.

I do miss the complex theories. I quite enjoyed Weasley Is Our King. I don't miss the ship wars.

Pet: Screech owl named Artemis

"...what is easy is often not right."
with a twist of but CoS says i'm
Old August 2nd, 2011, 4:59 pm
Second Year

i miss waiting for the next book to come out?? does that count??

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Cloak