Pottermore v7

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:34 pm
Genius Loci

Pottermore v7

PLEASE READ

What is on-topic:

Questions and comments about Pottermore

What is off-topic:
  • whether you have registered for Pottermore yet or not (e.g. "Yay! I've just got my username and it's Snape'sUnderpants666!"). You can put your username in your signature if you want (although there were unconfirmed rumours going round this morning about people who'd posted their username online being hacked - I've no idea if there's any truth in that)
  • how you are feeling/what you are doing at the moment (e.g. "I'm so excited! But I don't know how I'm going to stay up all night. Maybe I'll drink coffee?"
  • questions or comments about CoS (e.g. "How is posting my username offtopic?", "Why has my post count gone down?") There is an Ask the Staff thread where you can post these things, or you can owl a mod.
What will get you banned (amongst other things):
  • posting illegal links
  • posting your e-mail address or 'phone number or asking other members for theirs
  • repeatedly ignoring the above

Last edited by Melaszka; August 1st, 2011 at 10:34 pm. Reason: Added illegal links/updating
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2011, 6:36 pm
First Year

Re: Pottermore v7

I wanted to post this on the JK website thread, but it's been closed, but I suspect it has to do with Pottermore anyway. So, the date on the timeturner is 1/8/2011, and the 'do-not-disturb' sign is up. You have to turn the timeturner a few times, maybe nothing though.

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:37 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
I wanted to post this on the JK website thread, but it's been closed, but I suspect it has to do with Pottermore anyway. So, the date on the timeturner is 1/8/2011, and the 'do-not-disturb' sign is up. You have to turn the timeturner a few times, maybe nothing though.
Just my guess, but I think that door will open when Pottermore is finally open to all.

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:39 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
that's just todays date, since the last time the door was opened with the family tree it has been on todays date with a do not disturb sign but you can use the time turner to go back and visit old secret doors. of course that doesn't mean it wont open with pottermore related info soon

'Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am.'
Old August 1st, 2011, 6:41 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureAuthor13 View Post
Just my guess, but I think that door will open when Pottermore is finally open to all.
Maybe you're right, I guess we'll wait and see.

Oh, I see, thanks Miss Potter.

Last edited by Wren; August 1st, 2011 at 6:42 pm. Reason: add extra comment.
Old August 1st, 2011, 6:48 pm
First Year

I can't wait until they start letting us actually use the website!!

I've heard that they'll first sort us into our houses..... is this true??

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:48 pm
First Year

This is going to be terribly redundant probably, but my brother and I registered this morning. He got an email (yahoo) and I didn't (gmail)... should I be worried? Did anyone have to wait 6+ hours for an email? I was the first one to register..

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:49 pm
First Year

I don't think the sorting will happen right away as you follow along the path of the book. So the sorting will come a little ways in.

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:50 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPetey View Post
This is going to be terribly redundant probably, but my brother and I registered this morning. He got an email (yahoo) and I didn't (gmail)... should I be worried? Did anyone have to wait 6+ hours for an email? I was the first one to register..
You just have to wait. Some people had to wait 20+ hours for their email when we signed up the first day. But dont worry cause everyone said the gmail takes a while.

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:50 pm
First Year

Quote:
i wouldn't worry some people yesterday had to wait 10 hours i think but most of those were with yahoo problems. perhaps because so many people switched from yahoo to gmail to avoid this its caused the same backlog? i don't know this for sure i'm just guessing.

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:51 pm
First Year

It took me all day with my Yahoo account. After 7-8 hours of waiting I finally e-mailed support and received it about 30 minutes afterward. My son got his account today (gmail) and got the veri-mail in less than 30 minutes. I guess it varies. I do know Yahoo issued an overwhelming demand caution and said it could take 24 hours or more but to chill, they were on the way. *lol*

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:53 pm
First Year

Quote:
I got my validation e-mail on the first day through my gmail...
so at least I can tell you that the email company really doesn't make a difference.

On the other hand, I received my validation e-mail fairly quick...

but I've heard some people, who registered on the first day, saying that they still haven't received they're valiation e-mail.

So I think you're fine!

Old August 1st, 2011, 6:53 pm
HighFunctioning Sociopath

PLEASE READ

What is on-topic:

Questions and comments about Pottermore

What is off-topic:
  • whether you have registered for Pottermore yet or not (e.g. "Yay! I've just got my username and it's Snape'sUnderpants666!")
  • how you are feeling/what you are doing at the moment (e.g. "I'm so excited! But I don't know how I'm going to stay up all night. Maybe I'll drink coffee?"
  • questions or comments about CoS (e.g. "Why has my post count gone down?")
What will get you banned (amongst other things):
  • posting illegal links
  • posting your e-mail address or 'phone number or asking other members for theirs
  • repeatedly ignoring the above

Last edited by Melaszka; August 1st, 2011 at 7:49 pm.
Old August 1st, 2011, 6:58 pm
First Year

Has anyone given any thought to the wands? (glorius wands!) I know Olivader's at Universal will pair you with the correct wand but I'm wondering if they are just going to have a set of standard wands from the book or if your wand will be built from the core up just for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaszka View Post
"Yay! I've just got my username and it's Snape'sUnderpants666!")
I wish <3

FlameCauldron66

Last edited by Riddikulus9500; August 1st, 2011 at 7:01 pm.
Old August 1st, 2011, 7:02 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Quote:
Be patient (hard to do, I know). You should get your email. When you registered the final page you came to had your email address on it as they have it. Did you look at that? Was it correct?

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old August 1st, 2011, 7:05 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddikulus9500 View Post
Has anyone given any thought to the wands? (glorius wands!) I know Olivader's at Universal will pair you with the correct wand but I'm wondering if they are just going to have a set of standard wands from the book or if your wand will be built from the core up just for you.

I wish <3
JK Rowling, if it's one thing , has been going on and on about the wands in pottermore and how because of this new information she was able to put in ,dhe said there are thousands of wand options for each user.

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:05 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddikulus9500 View Post

I wish <3
I think our experience will follow the course of the book, which means we'll go to Diagon Alley and visit Ollivander and a wand will choose us. I guess we won't know for sure until we get in!

Oh and I think there will be lots of different wands!

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:06 pm
First Year

Hm. Need more input about what we're not supposed to talk about again? The part confusing me is the questions/answers about the e-mail? Because that is part of the experience?

But if deemed not by the powers that be, where can one discuss this without being off-topic?

Pardon me plz, I just registered yesterday...

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:08 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSparks View Post
Hm. Need more input about what we're not supposed to talk about again? The part confusing me is the questions/answers about the e-mail? Because that is part of the experience?

But if deemed not by the powers that be, where can one discuss this without being off-topic?

Pardon me plz, I just registered yesterday...
I think you can ask questions about your email and registering, but you can't state what your email is.

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:11 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowJigGeorge View Post
I think our experience will follow the course of the book, which means we'll go to Diagon Alley and visit Ollivander and a wand will choose us. I guess we won't know for sure until we get in!

Oh and I think there will be lots of different wands!
i think because it is supposed to be quite an interactive and individual experience there will be lots of wand options rather than just a generic few to choose from. i do wonder however, how the wands will chose you. i know the sorting will be done with a quiz but i don't think the wands will be as well will they? has anyone heard anything official about that or is this another wait and see aspect?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References