Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Pottermore v7

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:40 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Re: Pottermore v7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohzap View Post
There are two twitter accounts that I know of that will let you know when the clue is up. If you can, set it so you receive texts when they tweet. It makes it a lot easier if you can't be at the computer 24/7. They are:

https://twitter.com/#!/hp_batsignal
https://twitter.com/#!/PotterWatch327
Thank you!

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:40 pm
First Year

I wonder how we'll be able to 'shape' the site / give feedbackand things, and how different the beta version will be from the later one.

I registered on first day but went back today and found the feather again just for the challenge. Just can't wait for my welcome email

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:41 pm
First Year

I wonder how the website will work to decide on the wand you get. Will it just be a random wand, or possibly a quiz/test to decide on your wand?

you're just as sane as i am.
Old August 1st, 2011, 7:41 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
Using my time zone for the time being. The first clue went live around 3:55 am EST and the second clue went live around 4:55 am EST - give or take a few minutes. If that pattern holds, the third clue would go live around 5:55 am EST. However, they may not stick to a pattern and change it up for the third clue so that it goes live earlier or later - there's just no way to know for sure. You could do the phone text alerts that were posted above, but be careful with that if you have a limit on texting. My brother set up phone text alerts once and went 400 texts over his limit before he cancelled it.
Thank you too! I guess I'm setting the alarm for 5:55 just in case!

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:51 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneAnne View Post
I think you can ask questions about your email and registering, but you can't state what your email is.
Thank you AnneAnne... I think you're right.

The part I'm sticking on is "whether you have registered for Pottermore yet or not" being off-topic - because as of right now that *is* relevant to the experience, given that the contest is still running and no one has gained entry to the site itself yet and thus... what else should we talk about? Eek. From what I've seen getting in is all we got at the moment.

Hm. But then... maybe they're trying to slow volume down on this rapidly growing thread... given that we still have five days left...

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:52 pm
First Year

Is Potterwatch327 Tweeting again tonight?

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:53 pm
First Year

I'm really excited about getting sorted, and getting my wand. It feels as if I'm actually going to Hogwarts. I know whatever house I'm sorted into will be my true house because I believe Jo's put so much into the quiz to sort people into their true house?!

Pottermore: HazelStar75

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:55 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist View Post
I wonder how the website will work to decide on the wand you get. Will it just be a random wand, or possibly a quiz/test to decide on your wand?
If it is realistic we should have to put in measurements and heights, but will probably be personality test and what types of magic you would use it for. Although I don't know if they'd do this as we've also got the sorting...

Twitter - @NiallJAdams
Old August 1st, 2011, 7:58 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesha1971 View Post
Using my time zone for the time being. The first clue went live around 3:55 am EST and the second clue went live around 4:55 am EST - give or take a few minutes. If that pattern holds, the third clue would go live around 5:55 am EST. However, they may not stick to a pattern and change it up for the third clue so that it goes live earlier or later - there's just no way to know for sure. You could do the phone text alerts that were posted above, but be careful with that if you have a limit on texting. My brother set up phone text alerts once and went 400 texts over his limit before he cancelled it.

Did you check the spam and/or junk folders? I registered two accounts - one for me and one for my son - and both validation e-mails were marked as spam. I had to manually move them to my inbox and approve pottermore as a sender.
I checked the spam yes, yahoo just didn't get it. For my hotmail it went into my inbox though.

Old August 1st, 2011, 7:58 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami09x View Post
I'm really excited about getting sorted, and getting my wand. It feels as if I'm actually going to Hogwarts. I know whatever house I'm sorted into will be my true house because I believe Jo's put so much into the quiz to sort people into their true house?!
It's going to be the ultimate sorting, so it shall be epic.

Old August 1st, 2011, 8:00 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami09x View Post
Yes and she has stated that the quiz won't be obvious. You won't be able to guess which answers go with which house. Supposedly she has tested the quiz on her family members and friends and they were all sorted to the house where she predicted they would go.

Old August 1st, 2011, 8:01 pm
First Year

Yay nongiant signature!

I actually had no problem with my yahoo activation email. I signed my sister up using my extra ymail account and got it maybe an hour later? A bit delayded, but not bad at all.

Old August 1st, 2011, 8:01 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
Thank you!
If I sign up to get updates from one of these pages, will it cost money? I don't have a data plan on my phone...but I have text messaging!

Old August 1st, 2011, 8:03 pm
First Year

I hear a lot of talk of how "epic" it's going to be.....but what if some of it end up to be a little dissapointing? what should we be most worried about?

R A V E N C L A W For Pottermore I have CrimsonWolf. If you have a would like to trade names send me me an owl. I would Prefer another name with wolf----I just don't think Crimson/Red fits with Ravenclaw
Old August 1st, 2011, 8:04 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaENO View Post
If I sign up to get updates from one of these pages, will it cost money? I don't have a data plan on my phone...but I have text messaging!
It'll just come to your phone as txts, sign up from your computer and it'll tell you to text something like "ON potterwatch327to 84483 or 70707 yadda yadda

FlameCauldron66
Old August 1st, 2011, 8:04 pm
First Year

So does anyone have any hunches on what the next clue might be? :-) too early to start guessing?

Old August 1st, 2011, 8:06 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst78 View Post
I hear a lot of talk of how "epic" it's going to be.....but what if some of it end up to be a little dissapointing? what should we be most worried about?
It's Jo. Has she ever dissapointed us? That statement is just Riddikulus!

FlameCauldron66
Old August 1st, 2011, 8:16 pm
Eldest Gruff

Reminder:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaszka View Post
PLEASE READ

What is on-topic:

Questions and comments about Pottermore

What is off-topic:
  • whether you have registered for Pottermore yet or not (e.g. "Yay! I've just got my username and it's Snape'sUnderpants666!")
  • how you are feeling/what you are doing at the moment (e.g. "I'm so excited! But I don't know how I'm going to stay up all night. Maybe I'll drink coffee?"
  • questions or comments about CoS (e.g. "Why has my post count gone down?")
What will get you banned (amongst other things):
  • posting illegal links
  • posting your e-mail address or 'phone number or asking other members for theirs
  • repeatedly ignoring the above

Many of you complained already that the thread is growing too fast. Please simply take some time before posting and don't chat in here. Read the examples given and if anything still is unclear, please owl any member of staff online.
It's just not fair to those who actually want to discuss the Pottermore event, but not crawl through three or ten new thread pages every time they look left. And don't forget: you don't see the off-topic posts because we delete them. What is left, if fine. Thank you!

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.
Old August 1st, 2011, 8:16 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst78 View Post
Hasn't it already been a bit epic? Nothing has gotten the fans this riled up in such a long time. Even if Pottermore did "disappoint" it has still been nice to have the excitement again!

Pottermore Battalion
Sorted Ravenclaw on Pottermore
Wand: Length-12 1/4 Wood-Yew Core-Unicorn Hair Flexibility-Surprisingly Swishy
Old August 1st, 2011, 8:21 pm
First Year

Has anyone received the Welcome e-mail yet? I've received my Validation e-mail, but not the Welcome one... I suppose I'll just have to wait...

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References