Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Voldemort Invade Hogwarts?

Old October 16th, 2004, 7:07 am
First Year

Will Voldemort Invade Hogwarts?

In book 1 Hagrid tells Harry, when he goes to pick him up from the dursley's , that Voldemort "Didn't dare try takin' the school, not jus' then, anyway."
Well know Voldemort's stronger and also has the dementors, and who knows what else on his side.
Do you think he'll try and take the school?
Also why would he even want to, is there something that he can use there?

if there is a thread like this please notify me

Last edited by Lord Thunder; October 16th, 2004 at 7:09 am.
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2004, 7:13 am
Seventh Year

Hogwarts under attack & its defence

Old October 16th, 2004, 9:02 am
Toodles

You also might like Accessibility of Hogwarts

I think that as long as Dumbledore remains at Hogwarts they are safe.

Old October 16th, 2004, 3:31 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
I have a hunch that everthing that has been protecting Harry thus far will be compromised somehow, for example the Dursley's house on Privet Drive, Dumbledore, Hogwarts and the Ootp headaquarters at 12 Grimmauld Place. For Harry I think it's going to come down to the old saying "no where to run, nowhere to hide".

I agree. While it is true that Voldemort wants Harry dead, there are several things to consider:

1) Voldemort doesn't care who he kills to do it
2) Harry is extremely well protected by the "blood protection" at the Dursley House; 12 Grimmauld Place and Hogwarts. But if Harry steps ONE TOE outside either of those places, he has to have armed guards surrounding him.

I think in Book 7 - Voldemort and his Death Eaters will mount a full scale attack to "smoke out" Harry.

Voldemort is using "stealth" means right now because he's still building up his army and supporters. But I also believe he has spies every where to figure out ways to breach the security around Harry.

And it's not impossible.

BOOK 1: Voldemort possessed Quirrel and got into Hogwarts
BOOK 2: Lucious Malfoy was able to get the Riddle Diary into the school via Ginny.
BOOK 3: Sirius Black was able to get Hogwarts AND Gryffindor Tower AND Harry's dormitory with the help of only Lupin.
BOOK 4: Barty Crouch Jr. was able to become a Hogwarts TEACHER with easy access to Harry by taking out Mad Eye and impersonating him for a YEAR.
BOOK 5: Voldemort was able to get inside Harry's head and lure him out of the school.

Rowling has shown in EVERY book that it's possible to get around Hogwart's security and the people protecting Harry. Add that to the fact that the whole house of SLYTHERIN is full of possible traitors and spies that could work from the inside of Hogwarts to figure out a way to get onto the grounds and mount an attack.

So I think one by one Harry's "safe places" will be taken out. The Dursley house will be first. That's going down in book 6. JK said that Harry will spend his shortest summer yet there.

I fear that The Burrow/Weasley House will be attacked too. A Weasley will die. Maybe more than one. Another place that Harry feels like is home will be taken away from him.

Then in Book 7 - 12 Grimmauld Place will be breached. And I suspect Kreacher will play a big part in that. Since he played a part in smoking Sirius out and luring him to his death.

Then Harry will only have Hogwarts left as a safe place. But all these events will serve to break down Harry emotionally to make him vulnerable as well as making him physically vulnerable.

By the end full out WAR will be on the Hogwarts grounds.

Old October 16th, 2004, 3:57 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
I think that as long as Dumbledore remains at Hogwarts they are safe.
As long as Dumbledore remains at Hogwarts... means if he dies Hogwarts is in major trouble. Hogwarts could get invaded by the Dark Lord himself, along with his Death Eaters. I do believe Lucius Malfoy will escape, helping his other Death Eaters escape. So this means Voldemort is starting to bring his "Final Plans" in... u know, with his army. Main characters will die. So, yes... Hogwarts could get invaded.

Old October 16th, 2004, 4:06 pm
First Year

Yes. But as long as Dumbledore lives, there MOST certainly will be no attacks to Hogwarts. Voldemort is NOT in his full powers yet.

Old October 16th, 2004, 4:14 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Yes. But as long as Dumbledore lives, there MOST certainly will be no attacks to Hogwarts. Voldemort is NOT in his full powers yet.
Key word being YET. Voldermort get's more powerful every book. By Book 7, he could be back to the level he was before Harry was born. Possibly more powerful - isn't that what Trelawney said in her trance in PoA?

Old October 16th, 2004, 4:45 pm
First Year

I think that as long as Dumbledore is at least in the school, or nearby the school, Voldemort will probably be thinking twice about trying to take over the castle, unless, of course, Voldemort either plays a trick on Dumbledore to get him away from the school in order to get it, or gets one of DE's to do it for him. Let's not forget that the only wizard Voldemort ever really feared was Dumbledore.

Old October 16th, 2004, 4:50 pm
Registered Animagus

We all don't want it to happen, but Dumbledore may get killed. If he doesn't get killed, he gets lured out of Hogwarts... some way of doing it. Something big is going to happen that we don't want to happen. We know main characters will die. Put two and two together... all I am saying.

Another note: I really wouldn't like it to happen though.

Old October 16th, 2004, 6:16 pm
Second Year

I'll agree that Privet drive WILL be attacked in some way... but the burrow... I don't think the Weasleys are that high on Voldy's hit list... besides how foolhardy would that be, attack a house with 4 members of the Order, 2 DA members who already have experience fighting death eaters... and lets not even begin to talk about what Fred & George could do in defense of their house.... Needless to say there are better and safer targets out there then the burrow.

Old October 16th, 2004, 6:19 pm
Banned

I think that DD is too strong to die though I may be proven wrong. Voldemort may try to break into Hogwarts because we can now say that it can be broken into. Sirius broke into it. Peter had been there for quite some time. The fake Moody, Quirrel, even Tom Riddle's diary,and he broke into Harry's mind!!!!!!! Yes , Voldemort will want to break into Hogwarts-and try to kill Harry.

Old October 16th, 2004, 6:26 pm
Third Year

I think that by the end of book 7 LV will be in full power.

They have to fight somewhere. LV has opened the COS, DD & HP are at Hogwarts. It's quite possibe that the final battle will be at Hogwarts. This would cause the final battle to really be between Harry and Voldemort. It's possible DD will be dead at this point.

Old October 16th, 2004, 6:37 pm
First Year

if voldemort does invade what do you guys think his army will consist of. Or will he go solo

Old October 16th, 2004, 9:45 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Thunder
if voldemort does invade what do you guys think his army will consist of. Or will he go solo
In my opinion sometime during the next two books the Slytherin House will begin to break away from the rest of the houses much like Slytherin himself did with the founders of the school. The Sorting Hat warns the school to stand united in OotP and Lord Voldemort may use the children of his Death Eater's to help to infiltrate the school.

Old October 16th, 2004, 9:52 pm
Second Year

I don't really see any reason for him to take over Hogwarts. Yeah, DD is there and so is Harry, but that doesn't seem enough reason to me for him to invade Hogwarts.

Old October 16th, 2004, 10:22 pm
Seventh Year

I do not think he will need to INVIDE Hogwarts. if I am to believe the patterns, LV will teach DADA in the 7th book . Perhaps in disguise, though.
see for yourself
Book1. Evil Quirell posessed by LV
Book 2. A pompous self-important mediocrity
Book 3. All around good guy with a tragic secret
Book 4. Evil Crouch Jr. in service of LV
Book 5. A pompous self-important mediocrity

if we follow the pattern,
Book 6. All around good guy/gal with a tragic secret
Book 7. Someone evil in disguise with connection to LV. As Book 7 is the time for the final show-down, I can see JKR breaking her habit of introducing a completely new person for a DADA teacher. He might appear new, but it will be the oldie Voldie we all know and love all the same.

Old October 16th, 2004, 10:26 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuko
I do not think he will need to INVIDE Hogwarts. if I am to believe the patterns, LV will teach DADA in the 7th book . Perhaps in disguise, though.
see for yourself
Book1. Evil Quirell posessed by LV
Book 2. A pompous self-important mediocrity
Book 3. All around good guy with a tragic secret
Book 4. Evil Crouch Jr. in service of LV
Book 5. A pompous self-important mediocrity

if we follow the pattern,
Book 6. All around good guy/gal with a tragic secret
Book 7. Someone evil in disguise with connection to LV. As Book 7 is the time for the final show-down, I can see JKR breaking her habit of introducing a completely new person for a DADA teacher. He might appear new, but it will be the oldie Voldie we all know and love all the same.
Oh wow. I never thought of that pattern. Wow that may be right. That is a cool thought.

Old October 16th, 2004, 10:27 pm
First Year

For Voldemort himself to teach DADA would be too risky for him. What if Dumbledore managed to see through his disguise? Voldemort would be in a Dumbledore friendly environment surrounded by Dumbledore, McGonagall, Flitwick, and all the other teachers. They might not be willing to kill him using Avada Kedavra, but I'm sure Snape would have no problem attempting to kill Voldemort.

Old October 16th, 2004, 10:33 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozeanw
For Voldemort himself to teach DADA would be too risky for him. What if Dumbledore managed to see through his disguise? Voldemort would be in a Dumbledore friendly environment surrounded by Dumbledore, McGonagall, Flitwick, and all the other teachers. They might not be willing to kill him using Avada Kedavra, but I'm sure Snape would have no problem attempting to kill Voldemort.
No one saw through Quirell or Crouch Jr., and LV is a better occlumen than ant of them. And anyone knows that there is no better place to hide than in the plain sight. Who would suspect him there? And where would he be in a better position to strike Harry, the only threat to his power?

Old October 16th, 2004, 10:35 pm
Fifth Year

Not whilst Dumbledore is there he won't

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies